Re: Regular Event Adopt #9 - 年年有魚

Postby kittykore » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:28 am

Username: Jack
Kalon Name: Constantine
Do they have any superstitions they live by? (Max 300 words.)
Extra: (1 art piece or 300 words.)
kittykore

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mercury. » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:51 pm

Username:
Kalon Name:
Do they have any superstitions they live by? (Max 300 words.)

BLUB BLUB BIC!
mercury.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moorray » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:41 pm

Res ^^
Moorray

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WolfWinter » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:00 pm

Username:
WolfWinter
Kalon Name:
Sasha
Do they have any superstitions they live by?
Sasha has a few different superstitions that she lives by. For New Years, she doesn't clean at all because she believes that in doing so she will clean out all of the good luck for the year to come and leave all of the bad. To make sure her home is clean for the new year she does all of her cleaning in the days leading up to the new year. She doesn't even do dishes on New Year.

At midnight after New Year's Eve she opens the door to let out all of the bad luck. This particular superstition has lead to some minor conflicts with relatives when she opens the door and it is cold outside. However, she is very stubborn and does it anyway. In her own home, if she isn't spending the new year there, she leaves all of the doors and cupboards open. When she comes home she leaves the front door open for an hour before going inside.

Lucky pennies are a big deal for her. She doesn't believe that only pennies showing heads are lucky; all pennies are lucky to her. She has never lost a lucky penny, and often turns them into wind-chimes or other types of art. More than once she has found rare and valuable pennies. Collectors have tried to talk her into selling them, but she refuses. Selling a lucky item will reverse the luck, but freely giving it away to another will not. Her lucky penny art can be found in the homes of all of her friends and relatives.

Extra:
Sasha could hear the kettle boiling, and she rushed over to move it off the burner so it wouldn't boil over. She waited a moment before pouring the water into her mug, followed by the tea. While it steeped she did a little bit of tidying. Her home was completely clean to welcome in the new year. She had a full day before New Year's Eve, and would spend the rest of her time cooking and baking. Sweets and salads were prepped and all she had to do was begin. A breeze went by her window making the wind-chimes tinkle. She smiled, and went to work.

Foods that needed to be chilled before serving, but also needed some baking, were started first. She had several bowl ready for the various mixtures. She was making several different cheesecakes, a few curds, some sweetmeats, a dozen types of salad, and punch. Easy. She made sure the cheesecake fillings and crusts were all set before she finished those up. Some of them were baked, and others were chilled. While they were done and chilling or baking, she got pots going for the curds.

The baked goods were done and all she had left were the salads and sweetmeats. She had a recipe for a hard candy that everyone loved, and prepared several different pots for the different flavors. She also had some fudge to make to round out the sweetmeats. These took the longest to make, due to the nature of sugar and candy making. When everything was cooling, she made the salads. Leafy greens along with nuts, seeds, meat, and other vegetables adorned the different salads. She was ready. All of the food was loaded into her car, and left for the celebration at her family's house.
To Do

▪ Commissions
▪ ARPG
▪ Work
x
x

Trades Open
Awesome Peeps
~xXx~xXx~
~xXx~xXx~

ImageImage

Clacking can be heard at a distance
WolfWinter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vulcriptic » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:32 pm

Username: salmonnfishie
Kalon Name: fishie

"Throw back the first fish you catch then you'll be lucky the whole day fishing."

fishie believes that this quote is one of the most important things she lives by.
when fishing in her private pond, fishie usually catches about twenty fish in
average, and every day she wishes to catch more. every new day, she follows
the superstition that even if its the biggest fish she has ever caught, and would
let it go happily.
Vulcriptic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spirit23Wolf » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:08 pm

Username: Spirit23wolf
Kalon Name: Devon
Do they have any superstitions they live by? Devon has a superstition about the full moon. It is that the full moon causes anger and savageness in anyone who stands bellow it for any period of time. So when The full moon comes around he will not leave his house for around 3 days not even during the day he still believes that sense it is night in other country's he believes that the moons rays will still be able to reach him so in the days leading up he stock piles food and drinks enough to last him more than a week with out having to ration. All of his Friends think that he is crazy but he has been doing this sense he was just a tiny kit playing with his friends and cuddling with his parents. (131 Words)
Extra: https://imgur.com/a/bmrZv
Last edited by Spirit23Wolf on Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Pet's name: Everest (Thank You KIONO)
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
Spirit23Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby izxy » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:25 am

res
izxy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby orbiting » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:33 am

秋季

Username: Quartz.
Kalon Name: Quitian (Qui)
❝ to be kind ❞
All of Quitian's superstitions revolve around water animals such as turtles & - you guessed it - the beautiful koi fish.
Quitian's strength comes from nature, she believes. She urges herself to be as tranquil & graceful as the lapping water, as the glimmering creatures beneath it. She's always sat by ponds and allowed herself to be lulled by the serenity of it all. Her main superstition exactly? Never harm a turtle. The Chinese believe turtles are divine animals because of their steady gait, composure, and smooth collectivity combating aggression. If she were to ever harm a turtle in any way she would be broken into pieces - and if you harm one, no matter whether on purpose or not, you'll be cursed with bad luck all your life.
Extra:
It was a beautiful fall. The leaves cascaded in brilliant warms to the leafy floor below, the sun was shining as if winter would never come, and the pond in which Quitian and her mother sat reflected caramel waves beautifully over the sunset.
Quitian had been reaching for the koi ever since she was a toddler in her mother’s arms. But now, at 6, she was in perfect sync with the fish, and was content just watching them swim. 
Her mother smiled, small wrinkles appearing on her face. She reached her hand in, Quitian watching eagerly. They swarmed to her hand and rubbed against it, some even nibbling at her fingers. But the respect they all had for her mother was undeniable. Quitian thrust her hand in, for them to all scatter like rats in the light; she sighed and pulled it out, looking for her mother to advice.
“Oh, my darling,” Her mother’s other hand stroked her head, slightly ruffling her hair, which she’d braided into pigtails the morning - her daughter’s favorite. “You have to be gentle, serene. You can’t merely demand respect. It comes after you’ve earned it.”
Quitian nodded. She looked out onto the pond.
“One day this’ll be yours, Qui. You’ll have it all to take care of. And no doubt will they all love you. But like the long journey of the sea turtles from sea to sea, there must be patience.”
On the day Qui’s mother died, her favorite fish’s clutch of eggs all died, save one. One tiny orange koi, a runt, was pushed over and desperately fought for food. As her mother had nursed her, Quitian raised the koi as her own. And for the koi she fed and loved, trust came easily.
She named it after her mother.
Měilì.
Beautiful.
[300/300]
Last edited by orbiting on Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

not on here much anymore but to reminisce,
if we've ever interacted in the slightest, thank you for kind memories,
i loved this place.
orbiting

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

生姜

Postby SilentMelody » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:40 am

dropping out, an early good luck to everyone!
Last edited by SilentMelody on Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
mel | adult | she/her | bi

toyhouse - silentmelody
admin/staff for dcay on cs

RBT in ABA therapy for autism
B.S. in psychological sciences

low activity, but i still check my pms!
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Oreoskys » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:25 pm

Username: Oreoskys
Kalon Name: Saki Shuri
Do they have any superstitions they live by? pffft. No way! Well, uh. Hm.. maybe.. NEVER STICK YOUR CHOPSICKS STRAIGHT UP IN RICE, EVER. The table will disapprove, man, I knew this Kalon.. let’s call her Brenda. She went mad from doing that.. I was like, “OH HAY BRENDA,” she was like “the voices.. they won’t stop!” And I was like “hmm okay bu-bye” and also! Don’t be dumb, don’t whistle at night! Unless you wanna see a snake in your fridge haha! story time!
“Why are you so superstitious?” My friend Pip asked. We were eating some sukiyaki at my place, we both had little bowls of rice next to our food.

“I am not superstitious.”

“Oh really?” The idiot! He almost stuck his chopsticks in the bowl straight up! I lunged and grabbed the chopsticks

“DID I NOT TELL YOU ABOUT-“
“Brenda?”
“Mhm!”
“You really believe that-”
“CLEARLY, I DO!”
“Fine, fine.” He put the chopsticks down, and I relaxed. I still don’t forgive him for that.

32B52266-31FB-4C87-99E2-935328CA21CC.jpeg
32B52266-31FB-4C87-99E2-935328CA21CC.jpeg (146.42 KiB) Viewed 16 times
huge wip aAaa
Oreoskys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me