Re: Kalon #640

Postby arcticlights » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:54 pm

username;
    name;
    gender;
    Their favorite legend/myth and why(500 word limit);
    (Optional) Art;

Res with The Dagda's Harp (An Irish Legend/Myth)
REALLY LIKED
Imagex x
Imagexx
▫ ▫ ▫Image ▫ ▫ ▫ MUCH
Imagei
╒════════╕

deviantart / my kalons
xxxxixxxsteam
xx ix x xxx©

╘════════╛
i
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
╒════════════╕

max 6 line bio, a little touchy b/c
it's in a box // text text text text
text text text text text text text

╘════════════╛

▫ ▫HOW IT Image TASTES WHEN

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡
╘══════
arcticlights

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FluffyBirdie » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:04 pm

username; FluffyBirdie
name; Astara
gender; Female
Their favorite legend/myth and why(500 word limit); The Nordic creation myth always got to Astara. Especially the part about how the world was made through this giant's body. The giant was Ymer, one of the first beings to form in the world. He was so evil that Odin and his brothers, Vili and Ve, killed him. The brothers dragged his body to the middle of the frozen world, where his blood made the ocean; flesh made the hills and valleys; bones made mountain crags; teeth and toes into rocks and pebbles; hair into trees and bushes; his mighty skull lifted to make the sky; and his brains became the clouds. She loved the myth, since whenever she told her friends, they started looking at the sky and trees weird. Of course, it basically meant they were in a world made from a giant’s body, but that’s why she loved the story. It was a new way to look at her surroundings, and it was such an interesting way to think about the creation of the world, unlike all that ‘Earth as a cooling ball of fire asteroids lava water bacteria science’ stuff. And was it such a crime to love strange stories?

──── ────
|| Kalons || TH ||
★★★
Selling OCs, lf art/c$!
Pixel animation shop

──── ────

click on art for credit! avatar credit
FluffyBirdie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gremlin » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:08 am

username; castiel
name; Ragnarok
gender; female

Ragnarok always has a big laugh when she hears this.. strange... legend. In this legend, the Aesir gathered together and decided to build a wall to keep the oposing frost giants. Unlike Donald Trump, they couldn't make someone else pay for it. They had limited money and none of them wanted to build it. Loki, the cunning trickster god sugested that they trick someone into doing it. He said that they should promise whomever completed the wall within a week, the hand in marrige of one of the most beautiful goddesses. The Aesir, knowing this would be impossible for any mortal man, agreed. And soon a man came along with a cart. He offered to build the wall in exchange for the Goddess's hand in marrige. The man made good progress, and the god's began to get worried. At the rate he was going, he was going to finish well in the week. They went to loki, and told him to fix it. Loki realised that the man's horse was the reason he could do so much work, as it allowed him to carry the stone of the wall. Loki turned into a female horse and ran off, the stallion in tow. The man, outraged could not continue, and revealed that he was a giant. When Loki returned, he brought with him an 8 legged foal. His son. The 8 legged foal was named Sleipnir, and given to Odin as a gift. Sleipnir was the fastest steed in the land, and could run across the sky. Ragnarok’s family loves norse mythos, and whenever she was feeling down, her father would read her this story and tell her. “be glad you aren’t Loki!” Ragnarok has loved drawing Sleipnir and has always loved any renditions of the myth she can find.
Hail to the king baby, hail to the king
Discord: Gremlin#1080
gremlin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sillies » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:50 am

username;
name;
gender;
(Optional) Art;

Markkk
sillies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby seabunny. » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:45 am

Reeeeesss
seabunny.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sicknasty » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:41 pm

dropping out, sorry!
Last edited by sicknasty on Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
just not here anymore -
check out my da or add me on discord!

box - they/them or she/hers
about - my kalons - da

ImageImageImage
sicknasty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cyberdragon725 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:30 am

username; cyberdragon725
name; Nurari
gender; Female
Their favorite legend/myth and why(500 word limit); Over thousands of years, Japan has created some of the most horrifyingly incredible creatures and folklore, from women with extra mouths in the backs of their heads, elephant-dragons which feed solely on bad dreams, talking foxes, fire-breathing chickens, and the dreaded hyakki yagyo: “the night parade of one hundred demons”—when all of the yokai (demons, ghosts, and other supernatural beings) leave their homes and parade through the streets of Japan in one massive spectacle of utter pandemonium. Led by the yokai nurarihyon, the night parade takes place during certain nights on the calender, many of which takes place during the summer. If you are to go outside during this time, yokai are often known for either killing you or taking your spirit. The only way for you to survive seeing the legendary night parade is if you have an onmyoji's scroll, a protection seal, or you are the head of an onmyoji clan. Or at least, that's what was rumored...

Young Nurari had never known her parents very well. With them always working, their small home in Japan was left feeling like a huge empty mansion. With no friends she was all alone. While she was saddened by this thought, it certainly came with some advantages. She never had to worry about her parents scolding her. This meant she was always getting into trouble. With her causing mischief and wandering aimlessly, it was just a matter of time before she ran into some yokai who had the same mischievous thoughts.

Nurari was causing trouble again, this time by moving signs in the forest causing travelers to lose their way. Failing to uproot the post, she scowled at her weakness. She jumped as she heard a snap behind her. Turning swiftly, her eyes studied the creature carefully. Known as a kappa, he quickly pulled up the sign and moved it. Her eyes curiously met that of the Kappas, who's now held a mischievous glint. Smiling she gave a nod of thanks and left for home, her smile bright with joy of her new unusual friend. Years passed and the pair continued causing mischief. It wasn't until a midsummers night that she met him. The leader of the Night Parade of 100 Demons, Nurarihyon. Kappa introduced them and Nurarihyon grinned playfully. "One who shares my name, no need to show your fright. Come join in on our parade for you are one of us tonight." He said as her eyes widened. Turning to her friend, kappa waved in invitation, clicking his beak. Suddenly she grinned widely as she stepped in line with the yokai around her, chuckling at the cheers and sounds of joy they let out. As the night continued on, Nurari had the most fun in her entire life with her newfound yokai friends and Japan found a new yokai in the parade. The Woman in Blue, they called her. Little did they know that, thanks to that night, she was never going to be blue ever again. (500/500 words)
Last edited by cyberdragon725 on Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
xxxx my fren
xcreaterazoralexhowl
xbettajamesmiloyugi
xblutengu
xxx x COLLEGE‼‼‼
x blu helped coding siggg.
xxxxxx ^Precious Blu Bean
━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━
━ ⭐ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ 🌑 ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ⭐ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━
x To Do ::
✁ Full time job! Growin up
✃ plz send help
✁ Make adopts
✃ Update that toyhouse
✃ Do your gosh darn homework
✃ Stop failing college
✃ HMU if you need a toyhouse code
✃ Anxious as heck, but I'm still here so there's that
✃ Comissions are open, feel free to pm me

━ ⭐ ━ ━ ━ ━ 🌑 ━ ━ ━ ━ ⭐ ━x
My Website - TH - DA - The Tribe
cyberdragon725

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixbane » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:37 am

username;
Sixbane
name;
Lupita
gender;
Female
Lupita was forever fascinated with myth and legend, but not that of ancient times, No Lupita is a collector of modern myth and legend, ones that plague current times. Nothing is more fascinating to her than the inevitable trait of fear, that humanity may advance forever and weapons may grow stronger, but yet everyone still fears the dark. The dark simply grows further and further away, from the dark forests to the dark reaches of space or the depths of the ocean.

Above all, her favorite myth is that of the Bermuda triangle. A modern marvel, as many strange disappearances occur, she finds most of her interest in the matter in the amass of theories that people discuss. To the point of near obsession as she considers them all, aliens? Radio waves? Weather patterns? Sea creatures? So many possibilities arise with each generation. Working as a curator at a maritime museum, she has an entire exhibit within her building dedicated to the strange phenomena. Some myths she finds far too outlandish, but the Bermuda triangle...no that is one that could be possible. A myth of science and fact, supported by strange occurrences and numbers and physical evidence, and a real myth she could get behind. Working where she does, she has the rare opportunity to get her hands on the evidence, create her own theories. Her office is covered in charted maps and in secret she sets away money in an effort to raise enough to fund a personal expedition to the middle of the Devil's triangle so she can truly see for herself.

(Optional) Art;
I'm not really active here anymore, hmu @ Sixbane on TH/DA/Discord instead
Sixbane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SpotSong » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:58 pm

Username;
SpotSong
Name;
Kaleidoscope (For his wide array of colours)
Gender;
Male
Their favorite legend/myth and why;
"My favourite legend is Humans Can Lick Too! It is a legend
about a girl who is given a dog by her parents to keep her company
while they are away. One night she was awakened by a dripping
sound. She got up and went to turn off the tap properly after
which she came back to bed while letting her hand hang over the
edge as the dog licked her fingers. The dripping sound didn’t stop
though so this scenario played out several more times with the girl
returning to bed and falling asleep with the dog licking her fingers
yet again. The final time, however, she decides to try locating