Re: Kiamara #50 !!!

Postby ∅blivi∅n » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:00 pm

Ophelia has never been too outstanding of a Kiamara. Actually, that's a lie. Her whole existence is a lie. Her entire life she's been pretending that things are going to get better, but they never do. Her entire life she's been pretending that she's normal, that there is nothing unusual about her. But no one seems to want to leave her alone. Sometimes, she doesn't want to be alone, though. She just wants someone who will hear her story and will actually try to help her. She wants someone who can feel comfortable enough around her to open up to her the way she needs to open up to them.

Ophelia opened her eyes. Her vision was blurry and she could feel the cold concrete beneath her. When her vision cleared she saw her bag lying on the ground. It was open and her books were scattered everywhere, her headphones tossed out of view and her wallet lay open, empty of cash. She moved to stand but felt a wave of pain and nausea wash over her like the tide and she crumpled back to the ground. She lay there for a few minutes, every now and then attempting to stand, but each time the same sickness washed over her. By the time she could stand up and walk to collect her things, it was late afternoon. She gathered her things then was sick in the street. She gaged and wiped her mouth off with her paw and put her headphones on. The music was still playing and she began to walk home. Now, when you hear "home" you think "family" and "comfort", but for Ophelia, home is in the backroom of a music store among the old records. She entered the back room already exhausted and she passed out.

When she woke in the morning, she could hear people outside making a lot of noise. Her head throbbed and she wanted them all to shut up and leave. This was the fifth time this month that she got beat up on her way home. This time, she was going to get revenge. "But not before I throw up." she said and wretched in the alleyway out back. She came back inside and climbed upstairs to the apartment above the store. Waiting for her there was food and a bath. She sighed and once she was done, she left the building. "Stupid punks. Just wait till I'm done with them, then we'll see who the 'Twisty Horned Freak' really is!" her confidence grew with each word then it all faded. She sighed once more, "Who am I kidding? I'll just wander around the city again like I always do."

And this was the story of her life. Each day unchanging. Wake up, eat, bathe, wander, get beat up, go home, pass out, rinse and repeat.

I want her because she is amazingly beautiful. Based on one picture, there are countless stories and personalities I could give her and I gave her a story that made me want her more. Her personality makes me want to take her in and change her life. I want Ophelia because I want to have someone who I can share my pain with and have them share theirs with me. So a better question is, why don't I want her? And to that, there is no answer.
Last edited by ∅blivi∅n on Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:01 pm, edited 5 times in total.

━━━━━━━━━━━
Guess I'm
Just Lucky!

━━━━━━━━━━━
Tumblr | DeviantArt

My coding. No stealing!~
Code: Select all
[color=transparent]----[/color][size=85][color=#DB4242]♚[/color][/size] [size=85][color=#DB4242]TEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXT[/color][/size]
[color=transparent]-------[/color][size=85][color=#272530]-∅blivi∅n[/color][/size]
∅blivi∅n

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tiger111 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:12 pm

Withdrawing <3
Last edited by Tiger111 on Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

sometimes i remember this website exists!!! heck yeah

if u need me for some reason u can find me other places ..
i check my dA every half a year or so if ur lucky
Tiger111

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Deadly Nightshade » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:10 pm

Name: Ophelia
Art:
Personality:
Backstory:
Why Do You Want Her:

W.I.P
10 Years on CS!
Deadly Nightshade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nio » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:11 pm

Omg, she is so incredibly beautiful. <3 ;-;
sun !! he/she/they/any — adult awst cs th
art queueicon cred
𓆟 𓆝 𓆟

semi-hiatus! focusing on bettering my health ^o^
nio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tano-kun » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:31 pm

I'm not sure how many of you guys have Gimp or SAI, and I'm not even sure if anyone would like it, but for those of you who'd like to put Ophelia's picture in your application, minus the background, I went ahead and did that for you guys. <3 Anyone applying can use it, if you'd like.

Code: Select all
[img]http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg131/Tanomoshii/OpheliaKiamara.png[/img]

Again, good luck to everyone!
Not active here or DA anymore. If you need to contact me, holler at me on Discord (tanokia).
Tano-kun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby albinoBroccoli » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:37 am

"I love old things. They make me feel sad."
"What's good about sad?"
"It's happy for deep people."

-Blink, Doctor Who S3E10

• The origin of her name is of the character Ophelia, from the tragedy Hamlet by Shakespeare, and means "help". I am so glad that she came with this name, because it's a gorgeous name that really is part of the inspiration for my buildup of Ophelia's character. It has a tender and feminine feel to it, and also sounds classically beautiful, just like the maiden Ophelia from Hamlet.

• Since her name is Ophelia, I immediately decided she would have something to do with the play Hamlet, by Shakespeare. However, since I myself have only read it once, I also chose for her not to be some sort of expert on it or somehow the character Ophelia herself. Instead, it's just a story she knows about and once attempted to read, like me. She has the wrong idea about some of the plot in the play.
• She is a hopeless romantic and constantly daydreams and composes symphonies and poetry in her mind. However, she can never get around to writing anything down, and really, it feels better that way. She plays out fantasies of cliched love stories in her mind, although never admits when she is infatuated or in love.
• She is superstitious, and tends to shy away from actions that Ophelia in the play had done in case she falls prey to the same fate as that Ophelia. She has a fear of water and drowning, as her namesake died by drowning. When she is forced to be within the vicinity of a body of water, she tends to stay far away as possible.
• The Ophelia in Hamlet was extremely obedient to men in the story. After reading the book and noticing that the character had snapped under the pressure and abuse of the people around her, eventually going mad and dying, Ophelia the Kiamara frightfully took up a shaky sort of rebellious attitude. However, she never wants to upset people and so her defensive nature frequently crumbles at the thought of hurting another' feelings for a period of time. Also, as a result of her readings, she has slightly stronger feminist views than others.
• Ophelia is generally open-minded, and when she doesn't appreciate something she will say it in a clear and apologetic way. And if she actually doesn't accept an idea, she will keep it to herself until someone asks about her opinion.
• It's suggested by her name that Ophelia is helpful, or maybe needs help. She does feel compelled to assist those in need, but doesn't go out of her way to help others. For example, she tends to only ask if people need help once, because after that she feels like an unnecessary nuisance. She cares enough to come across as a kind Kiamara, but is a bit lazy when it comes to aiding others too much.
• Because of her sentimental yet unwilling connection to such an old and classical text, Ophelia finds herself enjoying the company of older objects and ideas. She feels a little out of place in the modern world, yet that also didn't stop her from getting her piercings. Ophelia likes contraptions and interesting specimens of old inventions. She feels safe in museums and antique stores.
Although Ophelia constantly insists that her namesake has little influence on her, she secretly admits that Hamlet has greatly turned her life and likings in a certain direction.

• A lot of her background is told in her personality. She was born to a normal family of Kiamaras. She astonished her parents as her crooked horns began to develop and show their uniqueness. Ophelia greatly appreciates books, and had an affinity for older, vintage items and history. She told herself to read more classics, as she likes to feel educated and sophisticated. One day, she was wondering what she was named after and attempted to read Hamlet. Ophelia, with her superstitious suspicions, felt a bit disappointed that her namesake had died tragically and had been so obedient, as well as a little scared that she would die by drowning like Ophelia in the tragedy. She even showed her "rebel attitude" by getting piercings, but she is actually too sensitive to hurt any one. Ophelia found her special rounded feathers from a gorgeous feathered mask at a curio shop. She wears them as a custom in the Kiamara species, but also as a sentiment as the mask was the first antique she purchased and reminds her of festive times.

ImageImageImageImage {visit my dA for all pictures}

• I will admit that she is not my most favorite design of all time, but she's extremely beautiful. Not to mention the ideas I've gotten from this design and name are so beautiful to me. I try not to recycle ideas for characters when I try out for adoptions, and I think it would be a waste for myself to not have this character's personality and wisdom in my possession to reflect on. She is unique in inspiring me to think so thoroughly about her, and to have it sit there would be a bit disappointing.
• I put some aspects of my own personality into this character. I am also superstitious, I've read Hamlet only once, and I hardly write down the bundles of literature I compose in my mind. I've given Ophelia these strange traits about myself, and that has only increased my emotional connection to her. I like these things about myself, and I like these things about her...when they are about her, and not about any other character I can see.
• Even after all this "not the best design but certainly a wow wow beautiful Kiamara" stuff, I can't help but have grown attached to this design. I will forever associate her with this unique personality that I've thought of for her. Even as soon as I saw her, I thought of the tribal '08 dogs because of the dusty green an fuschia, but the similarity stopped at the colors and then I saw a distinctly gorgeous Kiamara.
• I love the Kiamara species, and I love to draw their anatomy and characteristics in my sketchbook. If I have such a developed Kiamara, I get to doodle all kinds of things about her in my sketchbook. I want to imagine how Ophelia and Azza would clash or get along, and I want to sketch Ophelia gazing at a battered grandfather clock. I want to be able to look at this radiant Kiamara and know she is mine to evolve, to grow, and to dream about.
• This paragraph is the last part I'm ever typing into my form, and I think after all this work, I'd be really devastated to lose Ophelia. She's made me want to do so much, like draw about her and just keep advancing her personality and imagine stories about things she would do. I want to win her. I really do.

-------------
APPLE APPLE APPLEEEEE
I hope I don't get some sort of recognition for being a guest artist. ;n; But I really want herrrrr.
Last edited by albinoBroccoli on Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:38 pm, edited 31 times in total.

charactersdatumblrask.fm

on hiatus
albinoBroccoli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Salt » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:48 am

-Name-
Ophelia
-Art-
Wip
-Personality-
Ophelia is confident, anywhere she goes, her head is held high, a strut to her walk, and a smile on her face. Sometimes though, it not always a good thing, as with confidence, she can also become get the slightest testy.
Questioning the authority if others, but not to the point where everyone's gotten into a fist-fight. Just questioning.
Despite that. Ophelia has a tendency to help everyone. If an old Kiamara we're to be hobbling along, she'd just run over, and help the old geezer hobble along just a little faster. Or a mother struggling to open the market door, she'll go and help. Anytime anywhere. Wip

-Backstory-
Wip
-Why Do I Want Her-
wip
Last edited by Salt on Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jazzepi » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:07 am

Ophelia

WIP. <3333
above art made by me!
deviantART
for commission info, please click my deviantart (seen above). however, it would be nice if you sent me a message on here as well - i have a ton of dA messages. n v n
Jazzepi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lucy. » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:20 am

Name: Ophelia
Art:
Personality:
Backstory:
Why Do You Want Her: Normally I don't go for these type of colors, but the way you used all these greens together, it comes together to make a design full of depth. The way the sage greens, olive green, and dark green fluently flow in this design just takes my breath away. At first I didn't think of trying out for her because you used dull colors on this lovely, unique Kiamara, but then I realized that the colors are perfect on her. Even though she is rare, her design isn't. I think too much unique, and possibly too many bold colors, would be overwhelming for any person's eyes. This beautiful Kiamara just seems perfectly perfect. Nothing is flawed about her.

WIP
Last edited by Lucy. on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
"I need you. We all need you. None of us would have survived this place if it weren't for you"
Lucy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ɾïṿεṉḋεll » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:22 am

ᴺᴬᴹᴱ;; Ophelia. What a perfect name for her. There is no way that I would ever change it, even if I could. She reminds me of the Greek myth: A young women was out with her guy friend, and was bitten by a poisonous snake. The man missed her so dearly that he went down to the Underworld still living, to see if he could bargain with Hades to have his love returned to him. Now, this man was a wonderful musician, and he played a tune to appease the Gods. Hades was only slightly impressed, but his wife, Persephone, told him that the woman could come back on one condition: he didn't look back for her until he had crossed the river Stix. Well, this seemed a fair deal to him, so he went on, and he didn't look behind him. It killed him to do so, and just before he crossed the Stix, he saw her. Then, he realized his mistake as she began to dissolve and became sucked back into the Underworld, back with the other souls who had parted this life.
ᴬᴿᵀ;; I have a few pieces of this lovely lady already, all done by me, and I hope I'll be able to make many more ^^
I may be incorporating these into my form as well, but if you just want to see the art, I've got it all listed in.
Here's the one above ;; and a simply sketchy headshot ;; a little avatar with her name;; and lastly, a full body shot I used in my story. ;; oh yea! i forgot. . . I also made her signature! Because she can write now Bl

ᴾᴱᴿˁᴼᴺᴬᴸᴵᵀʸ;; Meet Ophelia, a sweet and lovely Kiamara with a passion for the arts. Whether it's dancing, singing, painting or just letting her heart and soul flow with the music. Though her life has been difficult, and she struggles every now and then to keep on her life, there is nothing she wouldn't do to help another person. As a somewhat cruel joke, her mother named her Opehlia, meaning "help" or "aid" in Greek. She took it in the opposite way that Hera {this is the name of her mother, though she is not the "acutal" Hera} intended it, and instead of seeing it as her being weak and pitiful, Ophelia uses it to make her strong enough to help others. Bravery, cunning, intelligence, and even a bit of slyness are also mixed into this lonely little lady, making her a wonderful and interesting Kiamara to be around. She has a wicked eye for adventure, and
although she's not against or above telling a few little lies, for the most part, Ophelia is very honest.

helpful
    no little piece of aid is too small, no project too large. when it comes to help, ophelia knows what she's doing. from helping a youngster's scraped knee to saving the world from distruction, she's got the strength and willpower to do it, and she doesn't ask for something in return. she says that if she accepted any sort of gift, it would be a job, not help, and therefor refuses to be paid in any way.

brave
    if someone else is in danger, there's no stopping her. ophelia will do just about anything to save them, most often hurting herself in the process of doing so.

intelligent
    ophelia is a very smart little girly, and she can pretty much worm her way out of any situation coming towards her, even if it's not the best solution, she'll manage to thing up something on the spot.

sly
    like a fox, rawr.

ˁᵀᴼᴿʸ;;
"Welcome, my dears, to the Sanctuary." A cool female voice floated through the haze infecting her mind. Letting out a slight groan, Ophelia raised her pounding head off of the ground. Blinking, she took a minute to take in her surroundings. As her eyes adjusted, she soon realized that she was in a large room, made to look like it was a tropical island. How she could tell it was a room? One of the brightly-colored birds had just run into the side, screached at it angrily and continued on, repeatedly hitting the walls in a derranged way. Ophelia wasn't detered by any of this, in fact, she found it somewhat pleasent, really. The air was warm and balmy, soothing against her throbbing burns. Burns? Where had those come from?
That was the problem. She couldn't remember a single thing.
Well, except her name.

Getting slowly and clumsily to her feet, Ophelia heard the voice speak again. "I hope you find your stay enjoyable. Please try not to kill eachother this time. Thank you." A burst of static, and nothing.
She was on a beach, soft sand squishing up between her toes. Waves crashing up on the shore, and the sound of many creatures. Ophelia turned around to view the rest of the land, or "island" as it was.
Time to explore, she thought, taking a shaky step.

The island, as it turned out, was inhabited. Other Kiamaras lived there, but they were all as totally clueless as the bird who had continuously run into the wall, though they were friendly. Ophelia asked them "How long have you been here?"
"Only a few hours." Came the reply from an old and weather-beaten creature, later she found his name to be Grunge.
"So have I, can anyone remember anything?"
"Of course I can, you idiot! How do you think I got to be this old without remebering, missy!" Grunge snarled, speaking for the rest of the group, who looked to terrified to answer.
"I didn't mean to be rude, I was just --"
"Just what? Prying into my private life, eh? Well, too bad! I'm not sharing!"
"Please let me finish. As I was saying --"
"No, I won't let you finish. Listen here, it's not my fault you went and hit your head somewhere when you landed, just go cry about it somewhere else."
Ophelia cast him a scathing look before muttering
"Insane old crab," and walking away with her head held high and Grunge's hurtful comments stinging after her.
"Yea, you better run, little ragamuffin! Go drag your long tail and personal questions somewhere else! Shoo!"
As soon as she was out of sight, Ophelia felt someone grab her tail with sharp claws or teeth. Wheeling around, her own sharp canines bared, she saw a young Kiamara -a pup, really- batting at her with soft little paws. He was unbothered by her snarl and continued to play.
"What are you doing?" she asked, all anger gone. He looked up at her with large blue eyes.
"I'm fighting the big bad jungle snake. What else?" Though he was small, this boy spoke with intelligence and manners in his voice, and Ophelia laughed. She scooped him up by the scruff of his neck and carried him with her, not worried about his mother and father. Juding by the state of his fur and the prominence of his ribs, this youngling either didn't have parents, or they didn't want him. As they settled in for the night, they introduced themselves, and Ophelia learned that the pup's name was Alex.

The following morning, Alex was sitting on top of a large rock, fear and horror on his face.
"Fire."
"What?"
"A fire. It's eating the forest like it's hungry."
"What? Where?" Ophelia scrambled up next to him in time for her to see he was right. "RUN!" she screamed, picking him up again and setting off. Before they had gone far though, something hard hit her side. Alex went spinning out of her mouth, and Ophelia was slammed into a tree, it's top just beginning to catch the flames. Grunge was standing over her, blood dripping from his jaws, spitting out nonsense. Ophelia screamed and kicked his stomach, flinging him away as the world took a frightening dip and swung around. Alex came up to her, whimpering and tugging on her ear, leading her away. As they ran, Ophelia recovered and picked up the young Kiamara again. They went faster.
As they reached the beach, the two found that Grunge had beaten them there. Ophelia let go of Alex and launched herself at the strange old creature, who crumpled beneath her superior size and strength. He wasn't dead, but obviously knocked out cold. Alex, on the other hand, was dead.

Another outcast stood behind him, jaws stained red. The pup was beneath her. The ground lifted away and Ophelia blacked out.

WHen she awoke again, the bright bird was holding on tight to her stomach, soaring in the open sky. He didn't speak to her until they reached a cool green forest, where he set her down.
"I am Azarath. I rescued you from the Sanctuary. They tried to kill you. Take these, for good luck." And without another word, he pressed a few of his red feathers into her paws and took off, Ophelia staring wonderingly after him.

ᴿᴱᴬˁᴼᴺ ᴿᴵv ᴵˁ ᴬᴾᴾᴸyᴵᴺᴳ Why wouldn't I want this lovely girl? Mainly, I love her because she seems so powerful, silent, strong, and a little sad. Beautiful. But, I also would love to call her my first ever Kiamara. Not that I haven't tried out for a few other's of her kind, it's simply that she's just the most gorgeous one I've ever seen. I love her long tail and rounded feathers, it makes her unique in the most amazing way. I know that my form isn't the best one out there, but I've had a lot of fun trying for her, and I did my best. Hats off to her winner, unless it's me. If it is, I won't bother with the hats because I'll have passed out on the floor with glee. Anyways, I want her because I just see myself reflected in her, and I'd love to have her see some of her in me. Thank you for the chance to apply for her, Apple, and good luck judging!
Last edited by ɾïṿεṉḋεll on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:46 pm, edited 6 times in total.
spacefiller
spacefiller
spacefiller
spacefiller

secretly 1000 lizards

i am a big baby nerd who likes to draw and write. i like fruit snacks and dinosaurs and space way too much. panace demigirl and really good at making blueberry jam muffins. i'd love to talk with you about anything! especially if you start off with a really cool space fact.

ɾïṿεṉḋεll

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me