Re: Wes' Waypoints - Day 11

Postby case » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:25 am

I’m participating in Prompt Day #11!
    Username: case
    Your ID#: 108699
    Previous Entry: here!
    Chicoon: Cirrus!
      Shadow Puppets
      Show or tell us about your Chicoon making shadow puppets! Do they use their flame as the light source, or a flashlight? What kinds of stories do they show?
    Entry: Story
    Cirrus gathered some of the kits and took them to a clearing. Cirrus wanted to give some of the other Chicoons time off from keeping an eye on their kits. She instructed the kits on how to start a campfire, asking them to help her find some dry logs and sticks. Starting the campfire with her own flame, Cirrus aligned herself with the fire so that the kits would be able to see the shadow puppets. "We are going to play a game! Try to guess what animal I am making, and if you are right, you will win a special treat!" She started off by creating some pretty simple animals, maneuvering her hands to make a barking dog and a howling wolf. She handed smores to the kits that guessed correctly. Eventually, Cirrus was making some pretty difficult shadow puppets -- a rabbit, goat, elephant, and crab. As she continued to make the shadow puppets, Cirrus told the kits how special and unique every animal was. Each animal helps sustain their ecosystem. By creating these shadow puppets, Cirrus hoped that this valuable lesson would teach the kits how to appreciate and value every creature, big and small.
she/her
avatar by darling feathers of willow

my jbd's
april
vivian
cadbury
cameron
eggo
Pet's name: 3
case

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby imabanditø » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:47 am

Username: imabanditø
    Your ID#: 908562
    Previous Entry: x
    Chicoon: cosmos and montgomery
      Shadow Puppets
      Show or tell us about your Chicoon making shadow puppets! Do they use their flame as the light source, or a flashlight? What kinds of stories do they show?
    Entry: cosmos and montgomery are trying (keyword: trying) to make a bunny shadow puppet!
— cer/ceri | he/they
th | aroace/agender
my art shop! :D <3
imabanditø

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eevee55 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:03 am

Username: Eevee55
    Your ID#: 1033286
    Previous Entry: Here
    Chicoon: Sara
      Shadow Puppets
    Entry: Sara loves hearing and telling stories, so she is quite interested to try out making shadow puppets! Of course, it is a lot more complicated to tell stories using only shadows, so they spend quite a bit of the day practicing making different shapes and images out of shadows in preparation for it. There are a few things she just cannot seem to figure out how to make with shadows, but for the most part, she feels comfortable making shadow puppets by the evening. When it is their turn, Sara quickly sets up a flashlight aimed at a sheet that is available to serve as the backdrop for the stories, and then begins to weave their story, using their hands and arms to make shadows that form the characters of the story.
    The main character of the story is going on a grand adventure to find a special rock. Along the way they meet a lot of people, some being friendly and aiding the main character on their journey, while others try to stop them. After getting past several challenges, they are able to find the rock and return home.
    Thanks to her earlier practice, Sara is able to make the shadow puppets quite easily, letting the story move along fluidly without too many pauses. When they are finished, they retrieve their flashlight and go back to where they were sitting, eager to see what other stories will be told.
Despite everything,

Image Image Image
Heya, I'm Eevee!
Thank you so much to twinkle! for the adorable avatar!

It's still you.

Eevee55

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .henloimmabirb. » Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:59 am

Username: .henloimmabirb.
    Your ID#: 778953
    Previous Entry: Day 10
    Chicoon: Mallow
      Shadow Puppets
    Entry: Image
    Mallow made a cool dragon-shaped shadow puppet!:D

Henlo!! :D I am Birb! Image

PokeFarm Q

Art Fight
Sketch Shop | Character Shop
Discord: ScribbleRibbon#1282
ImageImage
ImageImage
.henloimmabirb.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -Aeris » Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:12 am

Username: -aeris
    Your ID#: 800027
    Previous Entry: two
    Chicoon: Winter
      Shadow Puppets
    Entry: Winter has little to no experience working with arts and crafts, he was the type of chicoon to watch and enjoy shadow puppets rather than make and perform them ! despite this, his still willing to try and help. Today, Winter was invited by Procella and Finneus to make shadow puppets! Winter nodded excitedly but he was nervous and quite shaky, nonetheless, Procella gave him a reassuring smile and Finneus showed him how to make the puppets. Winter had a few mishaps here and there, the glue getting on his head (on accident), paint splashing on him and his friends 'decorating' him with bits and bobs of sparkles. Nonetheless, they finished with 6 puppets, two for each! In order to tell the story and make the shadow puppets 'alive', they decided to use a flashlight to illuminate the shadow. However, they quickly ran out of the battery for
    a flashlight. Procella yelped and dashed towards the kitchen to grab the lamp they had and so the shadow play was saved! The trio took turns showing and telling their story with the puppets they made, and Winter had an amazing time watching each play. When
    it came to his turn, however, the chicoon was a nervous mess and had beads of sweat running down his forehead. His friends gave him reassuring smiles and the nervous chicoon bravely decided to try the puppets out. He calmed his ragged breathing and started his story, it was about how a chicoon and its companion met. As Winter continued with the story, his nervousness faded away and he focused on how the characters in the shadow play interacted with one another and how his voice would change in the scenario. Winter was confident with his story, the nervousness on his voice no longer present, Procella and Finneus were in awe with the story and when Winter was finished, they gave cheerful yips and flapped their wings happily. Winter shyly nodded thank you and ended the story with the two shadow puppets bowing.

Procella and Finneus cheered Winter, saying how much they enjoyed his story and how skillful he was in telling the story. Winter was shy with the compliments and kind noises from his friends, his heart was full of warmth as he tackled the two with hugs. Oh, how lucky he was to have such kind and supportive friends. The trio continued playing with the shadow puppets, they laughed, yelled, yipped, and had a blast with each others' company. Since they were in Winter's house, Winter served them some fruits and berries, apples, bananas, and berries such as blueberries and strawberries as snacks and refreshments. Finneus then had the idea of making fish-themed shadow puppets and so began round two of puppet-making. The other two chicoons had curious expressions on their faces as they watched in wonder at Finneus's craft. When Finneus was done, he motioned the puppet in a swimming motion and the fish-like puppet came to life. Procella and Winter were in awe at the puppet, Finneus definitely had a gift for making puppets, that much Procella and Winter could agree.

The trio continued with their shadow plays and of course, with some shinanigans and fun mixed in. [539 words]

My TH ! | dm for my discord
-Aeris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hamkid » Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:42 am

Username: hamkid
    Your ID#: 299978
    Previous Entry: Here!
    Chicoon: Prismacolor
      Shadow Puppets
    Entry:
    "Sooo... Who's gonna start?"
    Prismacolor paced back and forwards outside a tent, waiting on any word from any of the other chicoons to speak up. Tonight would be a great night to do something fun! What could be greater than playing a game of charades with shadows? There were so many things you could do. You could use your hands, or your wings, perhaps your tail if you had a good idea about what you wanted your shadow to convey... Or not, if nobody managed to guess what your shadow puppet was actually supposed to be. Prism was already thinking up some good ones. Well, at least they thought they were good ideas, anyways. Hopefully everyone else would, too. Maybe one day they'd be the very best shadow-puppeteer around... Or not. That decision was still pretty far off for now. But for now, they thought they had skills even as an amateur. Alas, it seemed their first choice was a hard one to guess.
    Since nobody else replied, Prismacolor decided to take matters into their own hands and went first. "Hey, Esper! I'm gonna need a little help on this one!" The taller chicoon looked down, and Prismacolor let them in on their idea. Agreeing that it sounded great, the watery-tailed chicoon curled up in a ball and Esper picked them up, using Jamba Juice's flame as a light source. The other chicoons went quiet trying to figure out what Prism's shadow was supposed to represent, all rolled up into as much as a ball as they could make it.
    "Oh, come on, that could be anything. It's too vague," noted Zephir. "Don't tell me you're a blueberry."
    "Nope," replied Prismacolor, somewhat muffled from how they were curled up.
    "...Maybe a pillbug? I don't see any antenna on that shadow, though," suggested Jamba.
    "Not a pillbug either!"
    Huh.
    "You gotta be kidding me. Is it a beach ball? A really round rock? A little meteor that crashed into the earth and is now being picked up by an explorer?" Zephir was already getting tired of guessing.
    But it wasn't any of those things. After a few more minutes, Prismacolor revealed what their shadow was: A coconut. But since the round shape was so vague and unnassuming, nobody could really differentiate that shadow coconut from any other round item. Prism was sure SOMEONE would be able to guess their next shadow puppet, though.
    Bowing down so it was primarily their head that cast a shadow, they angled their head a little and started to flap their wings. It should have been pretty obvious, except for the fact this WAS Prismacolor we're talking about.
    "Oh! I know! It's a bird," Esper grinned.
    But it wasn't a bird, according to Prismacolor.
    "...Maybe it's a heron? Or a goldfich? No, maybe a cardinal... Ahah! A bluejay! Oh, no... Hummingbird! Eagle! Hawk! Falcon!? No, not a falcon. DEFINITELY a sparrow. Okay, possibly a vulture. Scratch that, an egret..."
    Zephir had to remind Esper that those were all still birds as well. "...Oops."
    "Dragonfly, maybe," Jamba Juice pondered.
    But once again, nobody could guess what the shadow actually was. It was an angel, apparently. Prismacolor then started to wonder: Are their shadow puppets bad, or are they just too accurate to the point pure awe strikes everyone down when they try to guess?
hamkid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Wes' Waypoints - Day 12

Postby cinerious » Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:08 pm

Wes wrote:

~~~~~

Welcome to The Waypost!

Day 12 is now open!
Check here for the prompt! I will post when I close today's prompt around 8pm est!

Daily Findings wrote:Wes watched each person's show with delight, reveling in the stories that were told, and the craftsmanship that went into everything. At every station he left a stone and a special prize for making him smile~

Griff - 1 pebble & Companion Gummy
P3PP3R_c0rn - 1 pebble & Twin Popsicle
rosemeadow - 1 tinted stone & Gumemone
Quillflight - 1 pebble & Companion Gummy
case - 1 pebble & Water Potion
imabanditø - 1 tinted stone & Twin Popsicle
Eevee55 - 1 pebble & Grandiose Stick
.henloimmabirb. - 1 tinted stone & Gumemone
-aeris - 1 tinted stone & Gumemone
hamkid - 1 tinted stone & Twin Popsicle

case
(+1 Companion from the next batch!)

Griff
(+1 Chicoon from the next batch!)

★ ☆ ★ fighting burnout <3 ★ ☆ ★
★ ☆ ★ cin/daphne | star/stars/starself ★ ☆ ★
★ ☆ ★ UMA Storages ★ ☆ ★

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
cinerious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Griff » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:57 pm

I’m participating in Prompt Day #12!
    Username: Griff
    Your ID#: 254592
    Previous Entry: Here!
    Chicoon: Tristan
      Campfire Stories
      Show or tell us about some stories your Chicoon would tell around the campfire!
    Entry: Tristan took himself a moment to ensure everyone was comfortable, before cracking his hands to begin signing his stories. What would they like to hear about first, he wondered? Well they had time, why not start from the beginning? So with all of the chicoons he could gather who were interested, he told stories about his own world-traveling adventures. About how one time when deep-sea diving he met an entire civilization! How one time he came across an entire city built on a deep sea monsters bones! How he had met both heroes and villains. About the time he had met both at the same time and boy that had been an awkward but interesting encounter!

As he signs, he gets more animated, wings flapping about. He tells them about his fun at camp so far, about diving for treasure, about hunting for clues, about the other chicoons he met. He tells them about the rumors, the legends, and he even tells them about his shells. But he does not tell them of course where the treasure is hidden! That is his secret! He wraps up with the story of hos he got his scars, his goggles. His very first adventure, and how he learned that while he might not be a hero, he could still have an adventure simply living and seeing everything possible!

Griff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby madeofkaons » Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:03 am

Username: rosemeadow
    Your ID#: 985317
    Previous Entry: Here
    Chicoon: Spereminte
      Campfire Stories
    Entry: Story
    Spereminte, to her friends and family members, had always seemed outwardly to be an incredibly timid and gentle chicoon. She was shy, never overpresenting herself through the various means that were available to her- she had never had the desire to be well-known. It was simply not in her nature to wish to attract attention to herself and her hidden talents. However, tonight was a slight divergence from the usual, a surprising irregularity in her standard presented behavior. Whilst lounging quietly and comfortably around one of the campfires, gazing up at the stars and at the familiar faces laughing and chattering around her, Spereminte was unexpectedly asked to tell a few campfire stories.
    At first, she had shaken her head, a bemused expression displayed on her face. Why, she wondered as the insistent faces of her acquaintances urged her to the front of the campfire group, would they choose me? They very well percieve that I'm not usually one who enjoys speaking in front of a group. However, she did not want to disappoint the expectant chicoons now huddled in a group in front of her, the campfire to her back, so she fished up some previously unattended-to storyline in her mind and began to weave the story, her quiet voice drifting like she had never experienced before, riding on the silence.
    No one had known what to expect from Spereminte, but what she told tales of was more surprising than any expectations they might have had. This small, reserved chicoon with fur of pastel pink tints was telling scary campfire stories. Horror stories. Spereminte relayed first a tale of an eyeless chicoon, creeping through the musty air of an attic above one's head at night. She told the listening chicoons about a parasitic tree that devoured an entire town, its roots slowly infesting the basements of the creatures that lived there. She gave the now-hooked chicoons around her a story involving a guitar with strings made of fishing line, and this gradually morphed into one of the many classic fairy tales about princesses and princes- with a dastardly spooky spin. The chicoon's quietly rasping voice seemed to be strangely perfect for the haunting tales, and it was almost as though she was a natural at telling the stories that she had never summoned from the depths of her mind before.
    Spereminte told horror stories for hours, though she did not know it, and by the time she had reached her last the stars seemed to be dimming against the light of the rising sun. It was dawn. The chicoons around her hung on until the last word, and they found that they would not have been able to sleep even if they wanted to. Spereminte quietly finished her spooky story night, and her friends begged her to do it the night forecoming as well. She wasn't even sure how she had done it. Apparently she had, and she found that she quite liked exploiting this hidden talent. I suppose I shall be able to do it again tomorrow, she thought, trying and failing to hide her excitement about telling spooky campfire stories once more.
    [525 words]
hello there! i'm madeofkaons

☆ she/her ☆ math and physics nerd ☆
madeofkaons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pepperikorn » Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:26 am

Username: P3PP3R_c0rn
    Your ID#: 199677
    Previous Entry: link
    Chicoon: Amanita
      Campfire Stories
    Entry:
    The moon was full and the campfire burned brightly. Chicoons sat around the fire and started to tell a story one by one. Amanita listened to their stories with a burning passion. Soon it was Amanita's turn. Amanita's eyes sparkled and wondered what she should talk about. Maybe a weird rumor about a secretive cult that wanted nothing but the order of the world? Or maybe a story of her grandma who was a well-known explorer? Or maybe her favorite hobbies? Oh, how amanita loved to talk. She could talk for hours as long as their was at least one listening to her. Finally it was her turn. She took a deep breath and started to speak.
    She started with herself, her family and her hobbies. Other chicoons attentively listened to her as she diverged the talk to legends and myths. It has been almost an hour, but Amanita kept going. She was so focused on her talk that she didn't even realize some of the chicoons were starting to look bored. She continued on to gossips and love affairs and was completely lost in her talk. By this time, handful of chicoons have wandered away or were dozing off. By the time Amanita came to her finale, the only audience was a sleeping chicoon. However she wasn't disheartened. Rather she felt relieved and happy. Amanita thanked the dozing chicoon for listening and said goodnight.

Have a wonderful day :)
======================
Note:
My username used to be P3PP3R_c0rn
(Changed on 2/Nov)
<DA><oldTH><NewTH>
======================
Image Image
Pepperikorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist