Re: Kalon #379 // Little Green Spaceman? (Round 3)

Postby Snowseph » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:27 pm

THIRD ROUND

Username: Snow!
Name: Dez.
Sketch/Writing: #3; 200/200.
A gentle planet turned by itself, as if on an axis, while slowly orbiting a bright ball of light. Other planets could be seen in distance, calmly minding their own business. Soft, milky dots twinkled on the dark canvas. No sounds could be heard. The universe seemed at peace.

Unexpectedly, a blazing dark blue object with a green back flicked across the perfect image. The creature wore no suit as he drifted off into space.

His body was contorting, his hands at his neck. His face became pale, his lips blue from the cold. He seemed to be gasping for air, but there was nothing to be heard with nothing nearby. It seemed like an eternity that he grappled with the vacuumed abyss, as if it couldn't kill him, leaving him to struggle with the nagging pain of the airless space. If the lack of oxygen did not kill him, the chilling temperature would. And if not the temperate, the sun's radiation.

He drifted closer towards the sun. The sun shot a fervent burst towards him. He was almost engulfed into the sun's fiery rage, when suddenly, he sat up in bad, gasping for air.

This time, air met him.

Click ---->
Last edited by Snowseph on Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:32 am, edited 5 times in total.
Snowseph

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cvpidxpng » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:28 pm

Looks like i didn't get in ;-;
I like these types of comps though!
Good luck all!
❤❤
cvpidxpng

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Takk » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:03 pm

THIRD ROUND
:Username:
Takk
:Name:
Neko
:Gender:
Male
:Sketch/Writing:
Cos it's big
To comfort himself, Neko often finds relaxation in big blankets; the kind filled with feathers of soft fluff. His favorite blanket is bright red and indeed filled with feathers, a gift from his friend when he moved into the neighborhood. He had trouble speaking English at first and one of the first things he learned was how to say 'Thank you'
The blanket is soft, warms up quickly as is washable so he finds it his go when he's feeling stress or sad. It takes it with him during travel as well.
Quitting CS, looking to sell Lists and Store pets for art
Takk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wishbone! » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:46 pm

THIRD ROUND
Username: asperatus;
Name: Mani
Sketch/Writing:
Water tinkled from his movement as he sunk further into the tub. With his eyes closed, Mani relaxed every muscle and melted into the soothing water. He lazily opened his eyes and stared at the pretty tiles on the wall. Taking a moment to indulge in the privacy of a nice, warm bath always settled him down. Nothing good comes out of decisions made out of stress. Right now, Mani's biggest concern was falling asleep in the tub. Other than that, very few thoughts were moving in his mind.
He sank almost completely into the water, only his feet sticking out and resting on the tub's edges. His paws rested on his chest as Mani blew bubbles from his nose and mouth, sometimes alternating between the two; Mani rose only to refill his lungs. Finally he sat up and rested against the end of the tub. The bubbles had almost been a cleanse of some sort. Once again noting that it was a good idea to clear his head, Mani started to think of possible solutions or ways to make his predicament better.
[183/200]
asterisk*; nicknames encouraged
adult
they/them
wishbone!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Muggywort » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:15 pm

THIRD ROUND
Username: SmallMuttt
Name : Jupiter
Sketch/Writing:
Jupiter's favorite person is Aster. Aster is just a normal cat with odd fur. The two friends met in an airport. They were both taking a trip to Florida and happened to sit next to each other on the flight. Since the flight was long and boring, Jupiter decided to talk to the stranger sitting next to him who was Aster. Quickly, the two realized they had a lot in common and even realized they lived in the same city. After the trip to Hawaii, Aster and Jupiter became really close friends. They would go out to different places almost every other day and would often go into the woods to explore.
┌─────────────────────────────┐
Otus/Oats | He/it | Sapphic
Carrd | TH | My kals
Hey I'm Oats! I rlly like fungi,
plants, hollow knight and snails!
Art & avatar by me

└─────────────────────────────┘
ImageImageImage
Muggywort

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby armads » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:00 am

aaa I think I'll be dropping out, as a hectic work schedule this weekend is gonna prevent me from having the time I'd like to dedicate to this space babe. this was a really fun competition though, and I wish everyone who's still in the running good luck!
armads

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby furby. » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:45 am

THIRD ROUND
Username: Furbywiki
Name: Haldus
Sketch/Writing:
When Haldus opened their eyes, they were on a cliff overlooking a large sea. Pillars of stone rose from the ground, breaking water, while pillars form the sky hung down, hanging by a thread. They swished in the wind, threatening to fall, however some outside force kept them in place. Looking at the sky, Haldus's mouth opened in awe at the view. Moons and stars, planets and galaxies, all were visible in the clear sky. It's truly magnificent, Haldus thought looking over the layout of the world once more, magnificent and... sad. Looking closer, they could see that the world was painted in dull grays, layering over each other until they became black. Not a sound could heard, as Haldus moved around the cliff looking for a way down. Finding none, they looked back at the view once more, before smiling and laying down. Haldus closed their eyes.

When Haldus opened their eyes, they were back in their bed. They looked at the clock, 3:41 am, before yawning and settling back down. I wonder what I'll see next, they breifly wondered before sleep overtook them again. (193/200)
Last edited by furby. on Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
furby.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby corviidae » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:54 am

THIRD ROUND
Username:
ambient smile

Name:
Zelda

Sketch/Writing:
As a way to comfort herself in bad times, Zelda likes to sit outside-preferably at night- with her favorite stuffed barn owl. The soft and cuddly little plushie has helped her cope when she felt lonely, and she enjoys the cool breeze night provides as well as the darkness it offers that is easy on her eyes. The stuffed owl was given to her by somebody who meant a lot to her and she still cherishes it to a very high degree. If given the chance, Zelda would willingly lay out and watch the stars in whatever terrain (besides marshes, but you never know with her-if she sees a chance she'll take it), often distracting herself from whatever stresses her by cuddling her little owl and trying to find constellations and name them off of the top of her head. It does work usually, too. The young Kalon always finds herself quite infatuated by the clear skies, and feels especially content when she can hear the little night critters being active- especially owls! Being outside at night with her stuffed animal is always her first choice when she's feeling sad or just bummed out.
    xxxx_________________xx
        sen - corvii
        xxxxxshe/her ⚢

xnot super active anymore
      xxxask abt my chickens

xxxx_________________xx

xx❁۪ sithis・lucille・betty・calypso ❁۪

❁۪ bandit・millie・zoot・pepper・coconut ❁۪

❁۪ sarsaparilla・truffle・spider・ladybug ❁۪

❁۪ blackbeard ❁۪
corviidae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SticksAndStones » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:45 am

THIRD ROUND
Username:SᴛɪᴄᴋsAɴᴅSᴛᴏɴᴇs
Name:Dᴀɪᴄʜɪ
Sketch/Writing:
Dᴀɪᴄʜɪ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍᴇᴅ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ sᴘᴀᴄᴇ. Iᴛ's ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʜᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ᴊᴜsᴛ ʟᴇᴠɪᴛᴀᴛᴇ ʟɪᴍᴘʟʏ ᴀɴᴅ sᴇᴇ ʜᴏᴡ ᴛɪɴʏ ᴀɴᴅ ɪɴsɪɢɴɪғɪᴄᴀɴᴛ ʜᴇ ɪs ғᴏʀ ᴛʜɪs ᴡᴏɴᴅᴇʀғᴜʟ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ. Hᴇ ɪs ɪᴍᴘʀᴇssᴇᴅ ᴀғʀᴀɪᴅ ᴏғ ɪᴛ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴍᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇ.
Last edited by SticksAndStones on Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
icon by kaatlove

Hᴏᴍᴏ
Aʀᴛ sʜᴏᴘ
Tᴏʏʜᴏᴜ.sᴇ
Aʀᴛ ғɪɢʜᴛ

sticks | they
looking for art

SticksAndStones

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jaskiest » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:28 am

THIRD ROUND
Username: Rat
Name: Dorrin
Sketch/Writing:
Dorrin beamed at his mother. She could somehow always tell
when he was nervous (he was oblivious to his nervous tick of
biting his claws, but from the grating sound it made no one
else could be) - and always had the perfect solution. She
returned from her quest for a solution with an object that must
have great powers of resolving worries, like a magic wand, or
even-
"...a spoon?" Dorrin was, understandably, rather disappointed.
His mother's eyes widened in mock-offense.
"Just a spoon? This is a spoon infused with the power of the
stars, bringing good luck to all who wield it!"
"Really?"
"Really."
Dorrin gasped, reverently holding the spoon in his paws.
What a gift!
With the courage only found in ten year olds assured of their
success, Dorrin bounced to school, asked the love of his life
out... and was brutally rejected. He did, however, find a
holographic UFO sticker on the ground as he trudged back
home - Katie's beauty paled in comparison to such a
treasure! So clearly, Dorrin reasoned, the spoon really did
give him good luck, even if it wasn't the luck he'd expected.
And Dorrin has remained firm in this belief ever since. [200]

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
(Massive thanks to breadstick for doing the art! The concept was mine, they awesomely brought it to life <33)
This kind of answers both prompts 1 and 2? But mainly prompt two due to the context I suppose :)
Jaskiest

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me