Re: Wes' Waypoints - Day 10

Postby case » Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:51 am

I’m participating in Prompt Day #10!
    Username: case
    Your ID#: 108699
    Previous Entry: here!
    Chicoon: Cirrus!
      Catching Fireflies
      Show or tell us about your Chicoon catching fireflies! Do they sit and watch, or do they lure them in with their flames? Remember to release them after!
    Entry: Story
    As soon as the sunset sunk below the horizon, Cirrus took a stroll over to the lake. She not only needed some time alone, but she also wanted a few moments to reflect on her camping experience so far. Getting herself comfortable near the river's edge, she tried to list all of the things she had accomplished. She went diving with a new friend, baked some yummy treats, hunted for small creatures in the tide pools, fished, and hunted for fossils! Cirrus quickly stood up, almost falling over herself. Did she really just see a glow over the lake? As quickly as it appeared, the light disappeared. Cirrus shook her head -- was she really that tired? A few seconds went by before Cirrus saw more of the strange lights. Were those fairies? Cirrus squinted and then screamed as one of the lights landed on her nose. Falling on the dusty ground, Cirrus watched as the light flew away into the night. Uh, Earth to Cirrus... those are fireflies! She looked around, trying to tell if anyone had seen her foolishness. She slowly picked herself up off of the dirt, and settled back in her spot by the lake. Cirrus continued to watch the fireflies, occasionally chasing any that came near. Later that night, Cirrus left her spot feeling rejuvenated and peaceful after observing the insects.
she/her
avatar by darling feathers of willow

my jbd's
april
vivian
cadbury
cameron
eggo
Pet's name: 3
case

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .henloimmabirb. » Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:44 am

Username: .henloimmabirb.
    Your ID#: 778953
    Previous Entry: Day 9
    Chicoon: Gennie
      Catching Fireflies
      Show or tell us about your Chicoon catching fireflies! Do they sit and watch, or do they lure them in with their flames? Remember to release them after!
    Entry: Image
    Gennie loves to just sit and watch the fireflies. :3

Henlo!! :D I am Birb! Image

PokeFarm Q

Art Fight
Sketch Shop | Character Shop
Discord: ScribbleRibbon#1282

*I'm away on vacation till the 22nd -- apologies for delayed replies/messages!*
ImageImage
ImageImage
.henloimmabirb.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hamkid » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:51 am

Username: hamkid
    Your ID#: 299978
    Previous Entry: Here!
    Chicoon: Fondant
      Catching Fireflies
    Entry: Fireflies reminds Fondant of candles on birthday cakes!
hamkid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eevee55 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:44 am

Username: Eevee55
    Your ID#: 1033286
    Previous Entry: Here
    Chicoon: Sara
      Catching Fireflies
    Entry: Sara was curious when she found out today's activity would be at night. They were rather expecting it to be stargazing- which Sara loved, so they had absolutely no hesitation in joining in- so it was quite a surprise when they learned that they would actually be looking at lights that were a lot closer. Sara had actually never seen fireflies before. Though she enjoyed stargazing, the area she lived in did not really have fireflies, and so she had never come across them. Immediately, the small bugs intrigued them, and for the first several minutes Sara simply sat there in awe, watching them fly around. It was incredible to see all the little lights moving around, almost filling the air around her.
    The suggestion to catch the fireflies confused them a bit; Sara wondered what the purpose of trapping the fireflies would be. After all, if the fireflies were stuck in a container, they could not fly around freely like shooting stars, could they? She supposed you could see them up close that way, but still... Sara enjoyed watching the fireflies move around all over the place far too much to be concerned about trying to catch one and look at it up close. Some of the fireflies actually got pretty close to them anyway, something that surprised Sara at first. These fireflies seemed to be quite trusting when apparently catching them was a common thing to do... Or maybe they could just somehow tell she was not intending to catch any.
    Regardless, Sara continued to watch, barely moving at all besides occasionally turning their head to follow the path of a firefly that had caught their attention. As time went on, a firefly or two would fly especially close to her, presumably attracted by her flame, which was about the same color as the fireflies' own lights. Hmm, maybe that was why they were willing to get so close to Sara; maybe they thought they were a firefly as well! ...Well, a very large, oddly colored firefly... Sara found this thought rather amusing, and spent a few minutes imagining herself as a firefly. It sounded like fun to fly around, lighting up the area. Though Sara could not actually fly around and join the fireflies, they could run...
    Sara grinned and began running around among the fireflies. To her surprise, they didn't all scatter immediately. In fact, they did not appear to mind them running around much at all, though the fact Sara was being careful not to run into any of them probably helped. She spent several minutes just running around among the fireflies, enjoying the moment. It was not every day you could pretend you were running around among the stars, after all. Sara giggled as they ran around, and when they finally got tired and sat back down again, they thought about how grateful they were to be able to experience this. Sara was so glad she had been able to come on this camping trip! They were able to have so many experiences they probably never would have had otherwise already! She was having so much fun, she almost did not want the trip to end... They watched the fireflies for a bit longer, a smile seemingly etched into their expression.
Despite everything,

Image Image Image
Heya, I'm Eevee!
Thank you so much to twinkle! for the adorable avatar!

It's still you.

Eevee55

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cosmic_Dragon » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:16 am

Username: Cosmic_Dragon
    Your ID#:1031466
    Previous Entry: Here
    Chicoon: Argus
      Catching Fireflies
    Entry: Not the most... patient of Chicoons, Argus often finds himself at a loss when trying to catch fireflies; though he tries to lure them, his tail often twitches too much to be effective, and he will end up chasing them around determinedly instead, trying to grab one with his bare paws. This is generally highly unsuccessful, of course, as paws are not the most precise tools for nabbing tiny insects, so once he's exhausted himself in the chase he'll end up sprawled on the ground just watching them flit about. (This is usually the point at which Acyd will stop watching/laughing at him and come and snuggle up to watch the fireflies as well.)
Cosmic_Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Results Day 10

Postby cinerious » Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:13 pm

Wes wrote:

~~~~~

Welcome to The Waypost!

Day 11 is now open!
Check here for the prompt! I will post when I close today's prompt around 8pm est!

Daily Findings wrote:Wes laughed in delight, seeing chicoons young and old bouncing around tents to the clearing and tree line, chasing the flickering lights. Every so often he felt the joy overcome him, and he would bound out to join the fun. He could even see chicoons running up and down on the beach!

imabanditø - 1 tinted stone & 'Killer' Gummies
-aeris - 1 pebble & Companion Gummy
P3PP3R_c0rn - 1 tinted stone & Grandiose Stick
rosemeadow - 1 tinted stone & Twin Popsicle
case - 1 pebble & Grandiose Stick
.henloimmabirb. - 1 tinted stone & Grandiose Stick
hamkid - 1 tinted stone & Companion Gummy
Eevee55 - 1 tinted stone & Twin Popsicle
Cosmic_Dragon - 1 pebble & Water Potion

rosemeadow
(+1 Curious Cobble)

imabanditø
(+1 Companion from the next batch!)

Cosmic_Dragon
(+1 Chicoon from the next batch!)

★ ☆ ★ fighting burnout <3 ★ ☆ ★
★ ☆ ★ cin/daphne | star/stars/starself ★ ☆ ★
★ ☆ ★ UMA Storages ★ ☆ ★

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
cinerious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Wes' Waypoints - Day 11

Postby Griff » Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:58 pm

I’m participating in Prompt Day #11!
    Username: Griff
    Your ID#: 254592
    Previous Entry: Here!
    Chicoon: Tristan
      Shadow Puppets
      Show or tell us about your Chicoon making shadow puppets! Do they use their flame as the light source, or a flashlight? What kinds of stories do they show?
    Entry: Tristan winks and turns off the lights, bringing forward the flame at his tail a bit closer. Taking a moment to ensure it was placed to give the PERFECT shadows, he began to make shapes with his hands. A bird... a tree... a cat! No a pirate cat! A unicorn! A pegasus... there seemed no end to the sort of creatures he could summon! All of these creatures he showed coming from a singular location: an open book! He winked then, reminding people that reading brought so many adventures to life. He then for his last trick made a chicoon come from the pages before with a wave jumping back in!
Griff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pepperikorn » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:20 pm

Username: P3PP3R_c0rn
    Your ID#: 199677
    Previous Entry: link
    Chicoon: Amanita
      Shadow Puppets
      Show or tell us about your Chicoon making shadow puppets! Do they use their flame as the light source, or a flashlight? What kinds of stories do they show?
    Entry:
    Amanita just finished releasing all the fireflies and was about to head home....when the silent darkness and the chilly breeze suddenly made her lonely and sad. She looked around, hoping something might distract her from her feelings. That's when she realized she still had that lamp from earlier. Amanita lit the lamp and held it high with her tail. 'Much better' She thought. 'But wish I had a companion...' She sighed and started to move. Suddenly, a black something moved just below her hand. She flapped her wings and flailed her tail in surprise only for more black masses to appear and dance in front of her. 'Oh no, what is happening?' Amanita panicked. She bounced, hopped and pranced but the masses followed her and even changed shapes. She saw rabbits and birds as well as a big snake and a bushy mice. 'A monster!' She ran full speed ahead. The dark pursuers followed her without hesitation. Amanita was so focused on them to notice the bump on the road ahead of her. Her foot got caught on a rock and she fell head first. The sudden jerk swung her tail and made her lose grasp of the lamp. It went flying until the lamp hit the ground and the light went out. Jus as the light went out, the black masses disappeared as well.

She blinked for a moment. She was dazed from the fall but relieved that her pursuers were gone. Amanita got up and looked around slowly. 'Are they all gone?' She wondered. It was quite dark and the only light source as the moonlight. She had to squint her eyes to adjust to the darkness.
    That's when she saw the familiar shapes, just a bit harder to tell due to dim light. She outstretched her hands. The shadows resembled rabbits. Her head and wings formed a bird and her long tail whipped around like a snake. Her big fluff could have been the mouse. Amanita let out a sigh of relief. 'Oh dear, what a silly goose I have been! They were nothing but shadows... Well, at least I'm not sad or lonely anymore.' Amanita honked in embarrassment before picking up the lamp and quickly heading home.
Have a wonderful day :)
======================
Note:
My username used to be P3PP3R_c0rn
(Changed on 2/Nov)
<DA><oldTH><NewTH>
======================
Image Image
Pepperikorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby madeofkaons » Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:14 am

Username: rosemeadow
    Your ID#: 985317
    Previous Entry: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=124&t=4766474&start=120#p139235503
    Chicoon: Zeno (Forum/viewtopic.php?t=4768266)
      Shadow Puppets
    Entry: Story
    Zeno sat against the canvas wall of his flimsy tent, watching the flickering light of a campfire from inside the structure. It was late evening, and most chicoons were either heading to bed or settled down in groups around the multiple campfires scattered throughout the area. For some reason- out of spite, maybe- Zeno was doing neither. He was simply gazing at the silhouettes of the others of his species, milling about and enjoying themselves. The silence, self-created, was broken periodically by the odd series of honking noises or loud crackling of the fire devouring yet another piece of wood (or marshmallow). He knew he was being unreasonable; why wouldn't he go outside and just talk to everyone? That's what Ilia would say, anyways. He, plain and simple, did not feel like going outside and interacting with other chicoons.
    As he watched the shadows on the tent's wall, flickering and distorting with the changing source of light as they walked, he was reminded of a memory that seemed insignificant now, but had been important when he had been experiencing it- he had been quite young, after all. He raised one of his paws so that it was directly in the path of the light and lazily looked behind him. A shadow puppet. He smiled to himself without thinking, and then squashed the expression to revert back to a face of indifference. This wasn't something he had done for a long while. Zeno couldn't help it. He brought his other paw up in front of the muffled firelight, creating two shadow characters that were just asking to be made into a story. He then turned himself around, his back to the bright light of the outside campfire, and raised his tail flame. He almost immediaely became completely absorbed in the puppets on the wall.
    Zeno created a butterfly, then a flower. He made a rabbit that hopped from a cliff face onto a trampoline below. He shaped the shadows with his paws, boredom vanquished with the flick of a tail flame. He found himself having fun, alone in the tent, becoming a puppeteer. He shaped a chicoon with his paws and then heard a loud booming laugh from outside. He looked away, squinting through the translucent wall at the fuzzy shapes of chicoons. Behind him came a sudden honk, and he jumped. He returned in alarm to his shadow puppet wall and saw that, haha oh boy there was a communicating shadow. He lowered his paws slowly from the position they were in, but the chicoon puppet stayed on the wall. I must be imagining something, Zeno thought, certain of some kind of hallucination.
    The puppet honked again, sounding suspiciously like someone he knew. It gestured outside, as though wanting him to join the other chicoons. Zeno narrowed his eyes. He shook his head slowly, his tail wings still held high in a startled position. The puppet- he couldn't believe he was experiencing this- nodded. It.. wanted him to go outside? It was a SHADOW PUPPET and it was none of its business whether he ventured out or not. He tried to communicate this through a glare at the wall, and realized how foolish he would look to anyone glancing inside his tent. No matter, he thought, trying to dismiss it. I have to deal with the shadow puppet first. He raised his paws and made another shadow puppet, but then that one, too, pointed to the tent door with its tail, and he realized he had made a mistake. He frantically looked around, wondering how one gets rid of shadow puppets that have gained minds of their own. They both, almost comedically, made indications for him to unzip the door. Zeno was about to make yet another shadow puppet, slightly enthused by his own power, and then he woke up.
    A dream. He blinked in the sunlight streaming through the tent walls and slightly open windows. A dream about.. shadow puppets. Zeno glanced at the wall above him, and then at the tent door. Perhaps he should get out today, he thought. Just to be safe.
    [686 words]
hello there! i'm madeofkaons

☆ she/her ☆ math and physics nerd ☆
madeofkaons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Quillflight » Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:52 am

Username: Quillflight
    Your ID#: 829064
    Previous Entry: day 4.. a long time ago lol
    Chicoon: Nyota
      Shadow Puppets
    Entry:

Nyota, being the mother of the group, is often tasked with entertaining everyone else. Luckily, she’s quite good at shadow puppetry.

None of the chicoons in her group knows how she does it, and yet, she does. Twisting her paws into every which way, she makes plenty of heartbreaking stories, with tales of sea monsters and romance and, sometimes, prohibition-era mafia.

Nevertheless, she always succeeds in her task of entertainment, as by the time she’s done her packmates are either asleep, laughing, crying, or babbling on about “the lore of how the pirate got tied up in 1920s America if the story was set in the 1400s”. Nyota is not very good at being consistent, but her tactics work.
Last edited by Quillflight on Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Quillflight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me