Re: Kalon #1600 - Oil Spill

Postby chlorophyll » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:02 pm

mark mark

concept-
not the one who originally causes spillage
form shifts depending on cleanliness of water (oil in oil, pure in pure, etc)
severely bipolar between the two??
will make things worse when in oil form
oil:
-worsens oil spills until its just an oil pond
-pessimistic as hek
-believes nothing can be done/undone
pure:
-is appalled at his own behavior in oil form
-thinks oil is gross
𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐞,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----venn / veee / leafy | agenderflux | they / he
----inactive for the most part sorry!
----sometimes i miss oekaki too much tho
----------------------------------------------------
𝐢 '𝐦 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐨𝐥𝐝!
--------------------♪ ♫ ♬ (flash warning) --------------------------------------
chlorophyll

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mid-life » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:15 pm

-existed before "the creation" alongside the ruler of the earth and the sky (ruler of the seas).
-the vast ocean was the last to be created
-knows of the impending death that will befall the decaying earth
-prophetic powers
-since the beginning of time itself, they have known about the inevitable end brought about by those who are ruled under the oblivious ruler of the earth
-reflects the spirit of the sea
Last edited by Mid-life on Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mid-life

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wlyrout » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:25 am

nymphis
genderless
she/her
the world's magical undercurrent turned dark and began poisoning the waters, nymphis was summoned to cleanse the dark magic but was struck by it, turning her into her second form
first form is immortal, has the power to cleanse dark magic
second form is mortal and powerless
cannot cleanse the waters because her powers deplete her energy, and it takes too much energy to keep her in her immortal form
rumors circulate that she has gone rogue, pirates begin hunting her and she almost dies
has to turn to rallying with the people to purify the world's magic
ultimately is able to restore magic to a delicate equilibrium between pure and dark
lost all of her powers in the process and uncontrollably slips between forms
Last edited by Wlyrout on Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
wly ♡ uni student ♡ she/her

my kalon
Wlyrout

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby beeqlass » Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:25 pm

marrkrkkr
beeqlass

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Ash Wolf~ » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:46 pm

Mark
Image Image
~Ash Wolf~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Leopard_14 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:53 pm

How did this happen? I dont understand! the water was fine.. until she came along..

summary:
Aileen copes with the waters state by swapping forms. its a painful process. when in the clean form, she is nice, kind, and all sealife/waterlife loves her. in her oily form, she loses control and destroys everything. she cannot remember anything that happens in the other form

I was swimming through the coral reef, making my daily rounds to check that everything was flowing smoothly. Just about to go home, an angelfish swam up to me in a hurry. "Aileen! thank goodness I found you! One of the cargo metalrafts split and sank, and black liquid is floating out! any sealife that swims through it doesn't come out again!!"

I told the fish to lead me to the wreck. Other critters swam aside as we rushed through in a flurry. Just outside of the reefs edge, I saw the silhouette of the ship and the inky liquid floating around it. Entranced, I forgot about my guide and floated forwards, passing the other fish trying to get my attention. Reaching one paw forwards, I hesitated for a moment just before touching the darkness. the angelfish had said that only those that swam through it were affected, right? so just touching it couldn't hurt.. right?

As soon as the tip of my claw touched the spill, an electric shock flooded through my veins. Arching my back and screeching with pain, a single word flashed through my mind. oil. I heard the other sealife calling my name as I floated back and was consumed by the "oil", then I knew no more.

A light, through the darkness. Finally! My time was here at last. I wondered what the seas would look like now. It had been a long time since one of my hosts last touched the essence of my blood. The light got larger, and brighter, and then I was free. I saw the blue of the ocean fading before me, then I was in the oil fully. Relaxing, I let my second pair of eyes open, and instantly I could see everything clearly. I watched curiously as the shiny fur on my paws droop and turn darker, then flipped my tail up in front of my face and saw the fin tear away and take on an oily hue. Flipping myself to face where I last remembered seeing the open sea, I swam forwards as far as the oil allowed me and peered through. I watched as the sealife turned towards me, and, being only able to see my eyes, looked relieved. Then one noticed the difference and they all freaked.

Cackling, I listened to their cries of fear and confusion. "Fools! Do you not realise that when a Kalon touches oil, their dark spirit comes out to play? It's about time someone taught you a lesson, maybe that Kal will be me!!"
I prepared to lunge forwards, towards an angelfish swimming towards the front of the group of sealife. Growling, I reached my paws upwards through the oil, pulling them towards the clear water to propel myself at the fish. As soon as my fur cleared the oil, a tingle went down my spine. Thinking nothing of it, I grabbed at the fish but missed by a centimetre as it darted out of my reach.

All the creatures gasped with horror as they saw my full splendor at last. "Do you not like what you see? Better get used to it, for I will rule you now!" I pushed through the group and swam towards the reef. Calling my powers, I watched the coral darken as the light shining down from the sun above the waves visibly dimmed. Propelling myself forward, I gestured at a particular piece of coral that was eyeblindingly pink, and smiled as the colour drained out of it and joined the swirling mass of shimmers on my fur. Another tingle went down my spine, but I thought nothing of it, pointing at various bright corals and draining their colour and life from them. Every single time I grasped at the coral I felt the tingle, but I ignored it. Everything was going perfectly.

Darkness, all around me, swirling and grasping at my limbs as I thrashed in the eternal night. My eyes roamed around my prison, trying to find out what had happened, but I could not see anything. Then, a splash of ocean blue. It floated in front of my face, then dived into my chest. Enlightened, I settled down to wait.

Soon enough, just as I knew they would, more wisps of colour broke through the darkness and swirled around me before diving into my chest. Every time, my surroundings got a little lighter. As my surroundings became almost entirely white, the colours stopped appearing. Knowing it was time, I rose.

I had drained the whole front line of the reefs colour. I thought I would be feeling strong, but I was feeling the same, possibly... weaker. Deciding I was imagining things, I swam through the desolate wasteland, looking for more coral. Glancing sideways, I noticed a small green sea sponge, just starting to grow. I gestured at it, absorbing its life. A second later, my vision exploded with colours.

A final splash of green, and I channeled all the power I had collected into a ball of colour in my paws. I added everything I had within- all my love for the ocean and the critters inhabiting it, as well as the corals life force- and pushed outwards. I saw the blue of the ocean between the swirling shades of the rainbow and propelled myself towards it as hard and fast as I could. Bursting out, I watched as the coral's essence flowed back into the reef, turning the seas into a whirlwind of colours for a moment. I flicked my gaze down quickly, and saw the oil washing out of my fur as it regained its colour and shiny sheen. I knew I had banished the power-hungry spirit inside of me, but for how long, I did not know. Until she found a way out, I would continue protecting my home and educating the sealife about the dangers of the oil.

word count: 1046

2] How have you [the user] helped the environment or been environmentally friendly recently? This can be anything from an image of some clean up project that you've done to just telling us something good you've done [ex. conserving water/energy, participating in recycling projects etc].
I havent done anything major recently, but I've been trying to do lots of small actions. Turning off the lights and AC when I leave for school, having short and cold showers, using natural light only when possible, trying not to waste food, and picking up trash if I see it around school. I am also a vegetarian by choice.

Actually, about two weeks ago we had a trash event, where we went around the school and picked up trash and sorted it into recyclable and waste. My team won, we ended up with about 3 full trashbags of recyclable materials.
Last edited by Leopard_14 on Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:03 pm, edited 13 times in total.
inactive- only leaving account for oekaki gallery
Leopard_14

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 【Wildfire】 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:30 pm

Possible mark

1] How does this Kalon cope with the current state of the water it lives in?
2] How have you [the user] helped the environment or been environmentally friendly recently? This can be anything from an image of some clean up project that you've done to just telling us something good you've done [ex. conserving water/energy, participating in recycling projects etc].

”This place wasn’t always like this.”

The water/area is ruined somehow, and it is increasingly getting worse
Bleak fantasy setting
Copes by fighting back in certain ways, but also sometimes by hiding in her cave and/or disassociating with reality

-Maybe really ancient?
-Maybe lives in the ruins of a fallen empire, underwater
-Probably has some kind of magical abilities
-Possibly “corrupted” physically by some kind of harmful magic, which caused her frightening appearance
-Can use magic/some other means to appear to others in the pink form
-Etc
Last edited by 【Wildfire】 on Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
No longer active on this website.
【Wildfire】

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Rush Furry~ » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:36 pm

Mark!