My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #724 - Candy Cane Snow Leopard

Postby qhosti » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:27 am

SilverIcyCat wrote:can this be extended?

No, sorry
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    XXX Image
    ,................... sage was here
    ..| Spook | Female | They / Them | Lesbian |

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hail. » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:13 am

Username;; howlingtothestars
Name;; Tian
Gender;; Male
Art / Writing;;
    Snow danced and spun in the crisp winter wind. It was quiet and I was making my daily rounds to the pond for ice fishing using my trusty candy canes. It was when I was minutes away from my pond that I heard the scream. I stood in silence, uncertain if it was a bird or someone was in danger. It was when another shriek rang out that I dropped my candy canes and ran. My paws flattened, allowing me to run over the snow and run to the source. I arrived quickly, bursting from the frozen branches of bushes to stand between two Kalons. The one to my left, grey with bandannas and chains, stared at me in shock. To my right, a snake patterned kalon called for my attention. "Do you know what to do?!" It was then that I noticed her. A red-brown kalon stood on the thin ice of the frozen lake, her thin tail flicking wildly as the ice cracked beneath her paws.
    "Stay on the snow and don't touch the ice, no matter what happens." I spoke calmly and smiled at them. Though I was panicking inside, there was no need to cause them further stress. Slowly, I slid out onto the ice, flattening and spreading the my toes as I slowly approached the kalon. "Hey, I'm going to help you. Look up at me." Her eyes slowly peeled from the breaking ice below her and locked onto me, pleading and terrified. A snake around her neck pulled closer to the thicker fur on her neck, sensing her fear and growing nervous. "Now, we are going to do this together, okay?" I stepped forward, and froze as the ice cracked beneath my fore-paws. Her eyes widened at the sound but I caught her attention before she could panic. "It's okay, we are going to do this together. Slowly lower down, keep your weight even." I lowered myself with her, spreading my weight evenly across my paws. "There you go, now crawl straight." Slowly and shakily, she crept foreword, her paws sliding on the ice as she slowly progressed. When she had passed me, I lifted a paw and shoved her back, sliding her foreword and me back. She squeaked a little and flailed, but got her paws beneath her again. When she stared at me I nodded encouragingly and stood up, the ice now thick enough beneath both of use to allow a safe travel back.
    They invited me to dinner that night to thank me. As we sat around the fire place munching on fresh fish and candy canes, I could not help but think that I was a candy cane. I worked to make others happy, to bring cheer as often as I can. I stared at the candy cane in my paw for a moment for taking a bite. It was, after all, just a metaphor.
    (485/500)
(art by me, all kalons but 724 owned by me)
(formerly howlingtothestars)

ImagexImagexImage

┌─────────────┐
coding My Characters
DA Art Sales Amarogs
Cinderclan Avatar

└─────────────┘
● ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ● ●
┌─────────────┐
Back to college!
Heya! You can call me Howl, I'll
respond to both c:

└─────────────┘
Hail.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby monta, » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:36 am

Marking this
╒══════════════════════════════════════════════════╕

x

╘══════════════════════════════════════════════════╛
x
x

infp-a ⤬ chaotic good ⤬ aro-ace
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
hey there, i'm monta, feel
free to call me mon. i'm n
ot very active here anymo
re but i still check in ever
y now and then!

ImageImageImage
monta,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mint Chip » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:45 pm

Username;; Mint Chip
    Name;; Spruce
    Gender;; male
    Art / Writing;;
    Spruce was young when he realized he had a serious obsession with the holiday season. His family had always been close knit and made a big deal of the holiday so he didn't find it that odd when he was with his family. He realized that it was different when he was around others, that he was overly cheery and extremely into the holiday scene. He would go over the top with decorating, listening to Christmas music, buying frivolously for others, enjoying holiday treats (especially candy canes) and all other sorts of festivities. His friends found him odd and obnoxious around the holiday season, and over the years a lot of his friends have stopped talking to him. Although it hurt him to let go of those friendships, he also knew that the negative energy from them regarding his and his love for the season and the Christmas spirit. He still enjoyed spreading the Christmas spirit to others, and as he grew older and moved away from his parents he still continued all his family's traditions. He began volunteering at hospitals, and volunteering for the salvation army as well. He wanted to give back to others as much as he possibly could, always smiling and keeping that beautiful Christmas spirit alive throughout the entire year. He would dress up as Santa for sick children in the hospital, he'd bake goodies mostly using peppermint and candy canes to give out, but most importantly he'd show them the unconditional love that only comes from giving yourself completely. He shared his life with anyone in need and anyone who'd receive his cheery nature. It took him a little while but he made new friends, ones who truly understood him and shared his same thoughts and feelings. He met some of them through volunteer work like Belladonna and Finch, who both helped out at the hospital together. They both gave as much of themselves as he did to those children, and selflessly gave their time. He became fast friends with the two, granted that Finch was a bit hyper and hard to keep up with but his heart was always in the right place. Bella never lost hope even in the direst of circumstances, and he loved her spirit and kind nature. He loved going with them to volunteer and to spread hope and joy to those who had so little of it. Spruce's life may not have always been easy, or glamorous but he made the best of it. His family's traditions and loving spirits carried with him everywhere he went and in everything he did. To some he was the embodiment of all the Christmas spirit stood for.
    (454 / 500)

wiiip arrrt
    darn ran out of time to work on art today unfortunately :< but here's part of the sketch I'd been working on.
    Spruce and Gwen, was going to be a lil party scene with several other kalons but life happened. oh well c:

Belladonna belong to me | Finch, & Gwen belong to Strudel
Last edited by Mint Chip on Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage | Image | ImageImage

ImageImage
You can call me, Mint or Minty.
I usually type in green.

╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝

Dark Cocoa is owned by my Husband & Mint Chip is owned by me
Art created by me

My PMs are disabled, if you have a Viscet related question,
please see this FAQ.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HannahBug » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:56 pm

Username; HannahBug - Name; Belle - Gender; Male
Last edited by HannahBug on Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HannahBug

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby elf_of_the_hollow » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:01 am

┌──────────────────────────────────────┐

────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
        Username;; elf_of_the_hollow ||Name;; Ivan Volkov ||Gender;; Male
        ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
        The bell rang out in the little shop, wind and snow blowing in through the door as he entered. The shop was heated
        and many animals, as well as the products for housing them and taking care of them, lined the walls and shelves.
        "Здравствуйте! или, hello!" His voice rang out, a heavy Russian accent holding precedence in it. "Меня зовут..
        или, гм, my name is.. Ivan Volkov. I would like to purchase, eh, a котенок. или, um, a, uh... It is, um, small and
        fluffy? With the little уши, или, ears. Do you have, гм, a little котенок like that?" The question was fairly confusing,
        and the employee at the desk didn't really seem to understand. Still, they tried their best to interpret what they
        were asking for.
        "U-um, do you want a hamster?" The employee asked, a little nervously, trying to decipher what he meant by "small
        and fluffy with ears." Ivan looked disgruntled for a second, shaking his head a little and then speaking again.
        "Eh, нет, not hamster, more like a - uh - a bigger with a long tail? And a влажный, wet, nose?" He tried once again
        to explain what he was after, but even still the employee was confused. Seeing the look on the employee's face, he
        decided that perhaps, if he couldn't say what he wanted with words, he would try to explain it another way. He lifted
        up his paws to try and draw out a diagram in the air, but only further confused the employee.
        "гм, do you have, eh, ручка, или, a pen and a paper?" He asked, the employee nodding and grabbing a piece of paper
        for him, along with a blue pen. Ivan started to sketch out right away, explaining it a little as he went along. "You see,
        eh, there are уши, ears, going like this and a long tail in the, um, back, and it is sort of a fluffy?"
        "O-oh, are you looking for a cat, then?" The employee asked, looking at his poorly drawn cat. Ivan nodded, a smile on
        his face. "да, да! Eh, a котенок! But, eh, smaller?" He said, the question coming off more like a statement. "Oh, so a
        kitten, then? Yeah, we have kittens. Here, follow me."
        Ivan followed the employee to the back of the pet store, and, reaching the kittens, he let out a little gasp. "О,
        маленькие котята! Так маленький и симпатичный! да, да, these are, eh, right! May I purchase a little котенок?"
        As Ivan watched the little kittens, he reverted into Russian, cooing at them. The employee nodded, smiling. "Um, yes,
        just pick one out and I'll get you both ready to go." Ivan nodded, taking a second to pick out which kitten he wanted,
        and then finishing up the paperwork to adopt it.
        "Okay, I hope you and your new friend will be happy!" The employee spoke, waving at Ivan as he began to leave.
        "да, спасибо! Er, thank you! We will~"

└──────────────────────────────────────┘
elf_of_the_hollow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby peppermintkenny » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:01 pm

Username;; Ame,
Name;; Stocking
Gender;; Male
Art / Writing;;
It was Christmas morning and Stocking had just woken up, He'd had a anxious night waiting to see the gifts that awaited him under the tree. He dashed downstairs to see his parents sitting on the couch filled with glee. He smiled at them and sat down under the tree taking his first present and unwrapping it. It was a plain white shirt, Stocking was upset about this because he wanted a toy, Not a shirt. He set the shirt aside and hoped for something better in his next present. So, He grabbed his next present and ripped it open. It was a notebook for drawing, He felt a little better about this gift because he enjoyed drawing quite a lot. While he was at it he took a candy cane from the tree opened it then put it in his mouth half hanging out. He grabbed another gift anxiously unwrapping it. It was a Christmas blanket with a reindeer pattern. Stocking loved the blanket and wrapped it around himself. After unwrapping presents and getting some ok-quality gifts, He finally took his last gift. He looked down at the box, It was red with snowflake wrapping paper and a big red bow on the top. Though it looked as if it had a hole in the side like a cardboard box. Stocking was curious so he poked his finger in the side of the box. He felt a wet ruff feeling, quickly he yanked his hand out of the box unexpectedly. Stocking looked down at the box confused. Still having his candy cane is his mouth he gradually took of the bow and unwrapped the present carefully. When Stocking was unwrapping the present he felt the box shake and a paw poked out of the side of the box. Stocking gasped as his candy cane fell from his mouth. He finished unwrapping the present and out popped a small kitten. He was so excited that he burst into tears. He looked at his parents in awe. With a teary voice he exclaimed, " Y-you got me a kitten? " He said still crying and sniffing. He picked up the kitten as it played with the ribbon on the gift and laughed as more tears streamed down his eyes. " Thank you s-so much! " He cried. Stocking hugged his new kitten and cuddled with it in his blanket. He looked at his parents with tear filled eyes and said, " I promise I'll take great care of him! " He said as he sniffed and pet his kitten. His parents gave him a collar for his new kitten and stocking smiled and put it on his new kitten. He grabbed a new candy cane from the tree and after unwrapping popped it in his mouth throwing away the old candy cane. After that Stocking exclaimed, " This is the best Christmas ever! " He gave a big smile as he hugged and snuggled his new fluffy feline friend that he now calls, Socks. (495/100)

snip.
Last edited by peppermintkenny on Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image⤴ ⤴ ⤴ ⤴

hi, im peppermintkenny, formally known as ame,.
(feel free to call me kenny, peppermint, etc.)
(please do not take/steal the username "ame,". Thank you.),
i love south park. feel free to chat with me!, i dont bite.
(well, sometimes.). please have a very nice day/night.
bye for now.(art by Rensaven on deviantart.)

peppermintkenny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby qhosti » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:17 am

Ends at 19:30 / 7:30pm GMT time!
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx