Re: Kalon #2184

Postby Ucanthandleme » Sun Oct 15, 2023 6:27 pm

name; Citric
gender; Male
prompt;
It hit hard. The zing, the bursts of tart stabbing each tastebud with a little dance. A wrinkled nose, squinted eyes and small tongue pocking out at the flavour. Citric burst out into laughter at the sight, a great big rawrous chuckle at the expression on the other kalons face. With lips puckered and a vengeful snort the other kal shoved a bright yellow droplet towards his mouth. With reflexes like lightning Citric managed to dodge his head to the side, only to be sneak attacked by the kals other hand holding an equally bright treat. Down it went. His eyes watered and face crumpled up at the tingling sensation on his tongue but he was quickly bought out his sour stupor by the equally loud laughter of the kal ahead. A wide grin played on his lips despite the sour tang on his tongue, he lept up shouting a great ‘how dare you’ to the other kal before once against struggling against them in a battle to see who could shove another one of the sour candies into the others mouth. At the end of the day they both lay breathless, tongues raw from the battering of powered acid and lips dry from the lack or water. Yet despite their dishevieled appearance both had bright grins and giggling laughter, a sour treat truly was the best!

Citric has always loved sour candy from a child now to an adult. From his father first handing him a sour lemon lollypop, the look of his face as he ate the treat sent his father into hysterics, as it did to him when he shooved the candy into his fathers mouth too. Or to the moment of an unexpected tart from a halloween candy bag. From childhood to adulthood he loved the candy. Sour candy was the best, the expressions people made when taking a lick varied from feigned indifference but watering eyes, to a full blown puckered expression, each and everyone bringing him joy. Not malicious, nor mean, just an sour surprise for everyone who ate the treat.
(347/400)

☆-------☆
Credit: Toyhouse
☆----------------☆
Storages:
My Kalons
For trade kalons
My kels
Profile avatar by m0thmonster
Sig art by stan. + Niluna + Morisakisan
Characters are owned by me.
Image ImageImageImageImageImage
☆-------------☆
Ucanthandleme

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lex. » Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:35 am

name; Guili [goo-ay-lee]
    gender; male
    prompt;

Guili loved to explore the world, constantly looking for new adventures and surprises. Guili isn't from the planet he's currently on. Where Guili is from, a planet called Folcain [Foll-cane], they only eat one type of plant; a classification of plant called the 'Folcan'. It's the main source of nutrients, and has many different subspecies that behave like different plants altogether.

One day, Guili happened upon a sour candy shop. The shop was filled with the most tantalizing and unusual candies that Guili had ever seen. He was unsure as to what it even was, so he reluctantly opened his coin purse. He purchased 3 different pieces to try, each being one of his favorite colors (green, pink, and purple). He had never tasted anything like it before.

The sweet pink candy tasted so sweet at first, just to receive a barrage of flavor and sour once he began chewing. The green candy was a subtle sour candy, with a taste that could only be described as "grass on the wind and clouds". The purple candy made him feel electric, feeling the sour course through his veins, the conductive flavor making its way to his head. These were amazing! He knew he needed to know how to make it own. He was already beginning to think of ways to create new tastes and experiences.

He rushed back into the shop to purchase more to take home. The next day, he returned to the shop and asked the owner, "What's your secret? How do I make these candies?"
    The owner simply replied, "Why don't I show you?"

The rest is history.

Now, Guili is rarely seen without his favorite sour candies in hand. He treasures them and treats them like a special part of his life. Each time he takes a bite, he is reminded of the day he first stumbled into the shop and the feeling of discovery that came along with it. And now, he owns his own shop. He's gained his own recognition. And he's never going to stop finding ways to make new and exciting flavors for his sour candies.

[353/400]

xx
lex // any pronouns // lion lover // 10/21
    What you gonna do when you get out of jail?
    I'm gonna have some fun
    What do you consider fun?
    fun, natural fun

I'm in heaven
    With my boyfriend, my laughing boyfriend
    There's no beginning and there is no end
    Time isn't present in that dimension

-;; tom tom club

Lex.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Atomic Samurai » Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:48 am

name; Uvam
gender; Female
prompt;

Synesthesia. A phenomena in which the triggering of one sensory pathway leads to involuntary experiences in another.

Uvam's wasn't always a lover of sour candies. As a kit, the dull and bland dinners served to her sounded like a low, brassy note. Droning on, and on. No substance, no oomph, no intricacies. So she grew to look forward to special occasions when her family would have something special to eat. On her birthday, the cake tasted like a string quartet. Soon she learned that most sweet foods had an angelic tone. Naturally, she started to wonder what other sounds food could produce.

Most of the money her teenaged self got from working part-time (a rather comfy gig at the local shoe shop) was spent on culinary pursuits. She learned that homely foods with herbs and spices sounded like an acoustic guitar, playing a nostalgic, homely sound. Spicy foods were drums being banged on, like musical fireworks. And a simple sour lemon was the trill of a violin's highest note. At the time, she'd detested that last one. The sharpness was a tad overwhelming- she shied away from sour things after that.

Though one day in fall, at her favorite candy store, the confectioner offered her one of their latest innovations to try. This was where she first had a sour candy. A chartreuse ball of sugar and citric acid; it was supposed to taste like lime. Not wanting to be impolite, she accepted it. Cringing a little, she popped it into her mouth and hoped for the best.

The first thing that hit her was, like before, a sound like a violin's trill. But soon, it melted away, mingling in with the sugar and giving way to something more symphonic.

Reminiscent of the scores of old plays her mother had taken her to, building in suspense until it reached a crescendo, the trill gave way into those familiar angelic chords. It was booming just as it was soothing, unfamiliar high notes welcomed in by the soothing melodies she'd known since she was little. Her own little private concert in her head. It ended far too soon as the candy dissipated on her tongue and the music faded out. Uvam wasn't sure when she'd started smiling, but it'd been long enough for the confectioner to ask.

"Good?"

Not knowing how to word all her thoughts, and simply replied; "D'you have more?"

[400/400]
Last edited by Atomic Samurai on Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage

Above art of my Plume Linden by bright star

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Atomic Samurai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Exitium » Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:52 am

name; Mischief
gender; Nonbinary
prompt; Mischief absolutely loves sour candy. This doesn't come as a shock to their friends, but perhaps it does to strangers upon introduction. Their personality is simply sweet, like a cuddly marshmallow. However, Mischief absolutely loves sour foods and candies (and drinks!). The satisfying tingle on their tongue from the acid in the candy, is a feeling they love and look forward to every time they eat candy. Sweet candy doesn't invoke the same feeling, and neither does bitter or spicy candy. There's just something about sour candy that they adore.
................exitium
.....discord: @mortemius

................Image

.............ImageImage

ImageImageImage
Exitium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Griff » Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:47 am

name; Oliver
gender; Male
prompt; Oliver has a very simple reason for liking sour candy: its fun to watch the faces kalons make as they eat them! He finds it a fun bonding experience, sneaking in a picture for them all to laugh at later. As a result, hes made it his mission to find the most sour candies, all so he can have a gallery of the best sour faces!
Griff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schnuffel Bunny » Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:30 pm

LemonBunny wrote:name; Stu
gender; Male
prompt; Stu has loved sour candy ever since he was a kid, it reminds him now of his childhood and times spent when his parents would take him trick or treating, where he would excitedly check his candy bucket or bag after every house in search of sour candies or tart treats. He's especially fond of sour green apple candies as they remind him the most of halloween adventures as a kid, if the treat has a caramel undertone it's even better for him as one of his favorite childhood treats was the family orchard's sour granny smith green apples smothered in a sweet, homemade caramel courtesy of his grandma! Stu as an adult, now is the one whose friends pick the sour or tart and unwanted treats from their candy lots to trade with Stu, watching his face light up in delight! He enjoys passing candy out on halloween now more than going to parties or haunted houses, though don't expect anything sour from him- He's keeping all of those for himself.

congrats!
Species Artist for:
ImageImage

My most favorite things:
ImageImage
ImageImage
Discord: Schnuffel Bunny#0531
Pokemon Unite User: Schnuffel

If you feel like chatting, don't feel shy to PM me!
      kalons - chicoons - zeus
      ▶ Adult - She/Her - August 1 🎉

Schnuffel Bunny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LemonBunny » Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:16 pm

Schnuffel Bunny wrote:
LemonBunny wrote:name; Stu
gender; Male
prompt; Stu has loved sour candy ever since he was a kid, it reminds him now of his childhood and times spent when his parents would take him trick or treating, where he would excitedly check his candy bucket or bag after every house in search of sour candies or tart treats. He's especially fond of sour green apple candies as they remind him the most of halloween adventures as a kid, if the treat has a caramel undertone it's even better for him as one of his favorite childhood treats was the family orchard's sour granny smith green apples smothered in a sweet, homemade caramel courtesy of his grandma! Stu as an adult, now is the one whose friends pick the sour or tart and unwanted treats from their candy lots to trade with Stu, watching his face light up in delight! He enjoys passing candy out on halloween now more than going to parties or haunted houses, though don't expect anything sour from him- He's keeping all of those for himself.

congrats!

Ahh tysm ;;
LemonBunny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me