Re: Kalon #2172

Postby ItsAsher0 » Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:40 pm

username & ID;; ItsAsher0 1064384
kalon name;; Melancholy

prompt;; Melancholy actually has a best friend.
They were the only person that always sat by him. But they were always busy, traveling different places and areas. They would send him images, pictures of where they explored. You see..
Melancholy was always laid back. He didn’t show much care for anyone— except that kalon.
One thing nobody knew.. is every time his best friend would leave to explore a new place— he would give them a small gift, a tape. A tape of him checking in, drawing them a picture, wishing them good luck or even wishing goodbye. The kalon would always watch them, and sometimes even travel the earth to send one back. He would always watch them. Then they would put them in a special box, Covered in jewels, markers, designs. And whenever they felt sad or lonely, they would rewatch them. <D
Apologies for the wait on art. My art is currently just distractions from mouth pain, can't focus too much on big art pieces, but I'll hopefully be able to soon! ^^

Asher. Gamer! . Asexual . Cxrrupt
He will never escape. You are next.
.Atticus. Storage. err... yeehaw. ©

Art by Plunch!
PFP by SHIFTING TENDONS!
ItsAsher0

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby raiden » Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:32 am

gorgeous, snow! ^_^

username & ID;; raiden 739226
    kalon name;; Vanitas
    prompt;; a secret that they have! you have 500 words or 1 art piece + extra of 250 words or 1 art piece
snake/wolf. he/they/she.
trades. kalons. nishinekos.
pfp: kaiyodo revoltech
i'm your number one fan!
Image Image Image Image Image Image
raiden

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arctuurus » Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:15 pm

username & ID;; arctuurus 428287
kalon name;; hybris
prompt;; hybris' secret (500 words + 250 extra)

Hybris may appear intimidating and outwardly present themselves as an entirely arrogant Kalon, but they have a deep-rooted secret. [A method to the madness, if you will.]

Something they've hidden deep down - so far down that no one but themselves will ever know. [And now you'll know, dear Reader. But you must never tell a soul - for this is our secret.]

They're afraid.

And what is their secret fear, you may ask? [Or not, but you're sitting here so I'll tell you anyway.]

Their reflection.

[For the love of all that is good! It's rejection, my darling narrator. Rejection!]

Ah! My apologies, Hybris. It's been so long since I've told your story. [It's alright. I just - hey, Reader, get back here! Please stay. I promise it'll be worthwhile. I haven't been able to hear my story in ages!]

I'll continue now... correctly this time. And hopefully with less of your bootless interjections. [Ugh, fine.]

Hybris' secret fear is rejection. They wish to never feel that sinking feeling; that pit in their stomach. They felt it once before, long ago, and vowed to never expose themselves to that awful thing ever again.

So they changed the way they talked, their attitude, their style. They made themselves as bleak as they possibly could.

But one day, as Hybris was sulking around one of their favorite caves, they noticed a peculiar thing. A stone, glowing dimly in the even dimmer light of the undergound.

They hadn't seen that before... so they went to get a closer look. As they stalked over to the stone, it began to emit a sickly hot pink glow that got brighter and brighter the closer they crept.

Did this stop them? Absolutely not. They may be afraid of rejection, but by no means were they a fearful Kalon! [Yes, I know, curiousity killed the cat... but I'm not a cat, now am I?]

They stopped just short of the stone, in awe as it glimmered and pulsed with what appeared to be a galaxy of stars. A few sniffs gave no further clues. Hybris began to grow impatient, so they held their breath and pressed their nose into the stone.

Nothing.

They closed their eyes, sighing in disappointment. As they opened them back up, they noticed the glow was gone. Had they broken it somehow?

Suddenly, pink light burst forth from it. Hybris squeezed their eyes shut as a warm surge of energy swept through them, creeping deep into their bones and warming their heart.

Almost as quickly as it had come, the warmth faded. But not entirely - what felt like static electricity slowly rippled across their fur.

They tentatively peeked an eye open, only to be met with darkness. They jumped back to avoid another burst, and as they were doing so, they noticed a hot pink flash to their right.

Hybris whipped their head to meet the pink imposter, only to realize the bright color was in their hair. In shock, they lifted their paw to examine the pink strands closer.

Then they noticed pink on their paw. What was this?! They sprinted over to an underground pond.

They scrambled to a halt at the water's edge and peered into the calmness. With a sharp intake of breath, they came to a single horrific realization.

It was everywhere! Streaks of pink all throughout their previously dark-colored fur, and their irises and jewelry were now entirely pink! Oh, what did they do?!

They had purposely transformed into the most boring version of themselves to not attract attention! [Hey, that wasn't an easy feat! You make hiding such beauty sound so simple, hmph.] They couldn't possibly leave this cave now. Their biggest fear would come true. Their life was ruined!

Right?

Maybe not. Maybe this was life's way of telling Hybris they were doing it all wrong. That they were wasting their life away in lonely caves, constantly filled with sadness.

Maybe it didn't have to be this way... sure, they might have to face their fear, but isn't that how living works?

They turned in the direction of the cave's entrance, heart beating a million miles a minute. With a short, decisive nod, they began their journey back to the surface.

Bright sunlight blinded them as they emerged from the darkness.

Hybris may appear intimidating and outwardly present themselves as an entirely arrogant Kalon, but deep down, they have a secret. [A method to the madness, perhaps?]

They want to live their life to the fullest.
Last edited by arctuurus on Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
art by stanza on th / stan. on cs
deviantart+ th
arctuurus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ucanthandleme » Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:46 pm

username & ID;; Ucanthandleme + 809102
kalon name;; Virtue
prompt;; (500/500)
The rich scent of blossoming flowers was disturbed by the iron odor of crimson and bone. He swept his gaze, seemingly unaware or maybe it was indifference at the sight of the blooming view. He set forward, one step after another, towards the lush world of foliage and flowers; away from the burning sky and screams of terror from the village behind. He left without a qualm. He knew they would curse him, call him a monster, a tyrant, a beast in human clothing, but he simply did not care. He hadn’t cared for such a thing for a very long time. Tap. He tapped his finger on the edge of an old oak tree, a crumbling wail sung out as its bark crumbled like a sandcastle in the water. There lay a door to his home and with a swish he entered the hole.

The world here was bright, a spectacle of colors, scents and humming homes. This was the world on the inside, the world of the forest. He trenched forward amongst the spindling vines and pointed roses, a prick yet no blood, a trip yet no bruise, his body moved forward. There it lay, the gods would be envious of such a visage, his own face yet unlike his own, it was an angelic bloom of lilacs and gold, where he was dripping the demonic scent of a poisonous flower and crows. A glance was all he needed, the beating of his heart made it clear, it wanted more. More. More. More. He knew just like always he’d listen to the call, as the harbinger, the demon who rained destruction, all for this glorious piece of gold.

How could he not. He shared his heart and soul with the enchanted being, his brother, perhaps now a beast. They once both laughed, once both cried, once both danced through the field of rye under the sun. Then the world swallowed them whole. The world was in turmoil and they were taken as the sacrifice, the hope of the people to atone, a gift to the god for their forgiveness. His dear brother, daisy crown and bright smile now lay vacant at the foot of the old oak tree. The gods may have forgiven but he could not. So weary hearted and blackened souls the hollow tree that held them, the brother that had once wished for a world of peace now danced in its destruction.

He, a wounded child, complied with his whims, after all this was his blood and soul. The one who destroyed and the one who wished for destruction. Nobody would know the one who held the infamous name, the one who brought terror to the lands was merely giving a gift to his brother. A twisted kind of gift that only monsters such as themselves would cherish. They would never know the souls that lay, once a shimmering gold now tainted black slept in the old oak tree. They would never know these secrets.

Extra;;

☆-------☆
Credit: Toyhouse
☆----------------☆
Storages:
My Kalons
For trade kalons
My kels
Profile avatar by m0thmonster
Sig art by stan. + Niluna + Morisakisan
Characters are owned by me.
Image ImageImageImageImageImage
☆-------------☆
Ucanthandleme

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cranberyy » Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:38 am

username & ID;; cranberyy + 933049
kalon name;; Casimir
prompt;;
Casimir's secret is his capabilities.

Casimir was born from two massive stars imploding, then creating two black holes which collided together creating, Casimir. with this mind boggling birth, Casimir was born with the power to control the cosmos. he had the potential to create life and to take it. he had no control of this when he was young and on hundreds of occasions accidentally destroyed entire galaxies just by passing through them, never had he learned how to create galaxies or even bring them back. this never occurred to him until he grew up. when he was older he trained himself to control his power more and began taking note of every galaxy he came across to make sure he didn't destroy any more life and if he did, that it'd be remembered and he'd do anything he could to bring it back. to his unfortunate surprise, training himself to control it didn't work. whenever Casimir becomes distressed and upset random galaxies seem to just disappear from thin air, leaving no trace behind. he does everything he can to prevent this but the constant cycle of Casimir feeling like a monster for the damage he causes, the lives he's taken, the worlds he's destroyed, it all tugs and pulls at him until he snaps. along with this knack he seems to have for chaos, he's supposed to be able to he's too scared to make any friendships because he knows he'll never get to be fully truthful with anyone about this. he's never gotten close to anyone and he probably never will, they'll just see him as just a monster for something he can't even control. (272/500 words)

"why does the plant on the windowsill reflect the state of my mind?"

caspian/atlas | he/him | pfp credits | toyhouse

hey there! i'm caspian, cas for short.
i enjoy playing video games and drawing in my spare time.
i also enjoy collecting stuffed animals and listening to music.
i'm always open to chat.<3
cranberyy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FluffyBirdie » Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:35 am

username & ID;; FluffyBirdie 750079
kalon name;; Marquis

prompt;; [ 499 / 500 ]
As the captain, there are things you should and shouldn't do.

You should stay calm. Think clearly. Think quickly. Unexpected explosions followed by the sounds of an alarm should spur you to action, not stun you. With experience comes composure, and both of those you have, as you order the scrambling crew around the ship and stare at screens filling up with pop-ups and alerts. Two engines lost. Fires in the lowest deck. The engines and fires are close to -- Hull breach in 20 minutes and 43 seconds. The warning flashes for barely a second before you hit the intercom button, barking at your crew to prepare for a warp. Closest habitable planet is XHW-03. The only habitable planet nearby is XHW-03. Warp prep takes 10 minutes. Warping takes 6 seconds. Fuel? Enough. Fire damage? 34 minutes before it reaches critical systems, second priority.

Prep done. Warp. Arrival. Landing. Extinguish. Personnel check. Inventory check. Hull check. Damage check. Your mind is so devoted to the moment that time flew by without your notice. Mental to-do lists and notes flutter everywhere in your head, and only 5 hours after the explosion do you settle enough to look at the largest notes in your mind: There is no leaving with such a damaged hull. XHW-03 is habitable, yet it remains uninhabited. XHW-03 is very remote.

You should stay calm. Think clearly. Think quickly. With experience comes composure, except now you have neither, your neutral demeanor present only because you're stunned. But you are the leader, and so you must lead, even if you have never been stranded before. People turn to you to make the calls. And your crew trusts you; they will accept your decisions. Your responsibility.

As the captain, there are things you should and shouldn't do.

You shouldn't show despair. Stay positive. Make plans. Even if everyone else wails, you have to direct them, inspire them, encourage them. Speak brightly, for if the leader loses hope, so too will the rest of the team. You explore the planet, though is empty, habitable in the sense that its environment will not kill you immediately. You ration food carefully. 2 meals a day. There is a source of water here, you just need to filter it. You mediate disputes as your friends become restless.

Explore. Build. Cook. Filter. Talk. Health check. Inventory check. Morale check. Everyone falls into a routine, an almost mindless pattern of dealing with the basic necessities. Multiple attempts were made to fix the hull, but no one is experienced enough to properly repair it, nor do you have the materials for it. Hope is low, but you smile anyway; your crew relies on your strength. Your facade.

You shouldn't show despair. Stay positive. Make plans. Speak brightly, even as an image haunts you.

An image of XHW-03, nestled in a cluster of dead planets against a backdrop of vast emptiness.

An image of XHW-03, too far away for anyone to receive the distress signal.
Last edited by FluffyBirdie on Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

──── ────
|| Kalons || TH ||
★★★
Selling OCs, lf art/c$!
Pixel animation shop

──── ────

click on art for credit! avatar credit
FluffyBirdie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rosemoon » Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:45 am

username & ID;; Rosemoon #941592
kalon name;; Xephon Delos
prompt;;
When I was an infant, my birth parents had witnessed a crime. There was a bad man who... Hurt a lot of people. My parents had worked with a company as a cleanup service team. They would clean any house or business regardless of what the mess was, most of the time it being situations involving hoarders or natural disasters like flooding. This time it was a more personal scene that they were hired to clean. They did it without fuss, and they did a good job... Unfortunately that bad man was still there, and they saw him and recognized him. This man didn't want to be caught, so he threatened my parents and put a target on their backs. They were shortly put into the witness protection program. How they pulled the strings for it, I'm not sure. I don't know much else about them. Unfortunately they were on the run for a while, and had been caught a few times in situations that put their identities at risk, and had to move on again and again. They were scared for me, scared that I was in too much danger as long as I was around them. The bad man knew about me, and for some reason he wanted me gone even more than them. Everyone has refused to tell me why. So they gave me up for adoption. I had to change my name and everything on my birth certificate to remain safe. This information was kept from me until I turned 18. My mom told me that I could never seek out my birth parents, for our safety. Especially my own. I was told that I had to keep this a secret, that no one could find out about them. Unfortunately, the thing about secrets... Is that someone always finds out. Now not only do I have to keep this information as closely guarded as I can to avoid more problems leaking out, I have to fight my way through every bad guy in the city just to save these people I've never met. They're still family just as much as my mom is, and family has to look out for each other, no matter the cost. Lucky for me, I have a few tricks up my sleeves that these guys won't ever see coming...
Rosemoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Broccoli_Bento » Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:56 am

username & ID;; Broccoli_Bento + 965616
    kalon name;; Myra
    prompt;;

Born to those who rule a land with an iron fist, born to those who wish to govern all there is of the independent lands of close to theirs, born to those who have not a care for their "daughter" other than a playing piece in their strategy to concur all by marrying "her" off to whatever kingdom they wished to align with.
    Hatred is what I have for these that I was born to, but I hold my tongue, I keep up the character they wanted me to be, so that one day I may turn their unruly deeds back onto them.

- - -

"Myra? Myra, are you alright?"
    Myra blinked, standing upright from their place that they were leaning on the balcony. Turning their attention to the one speaking to them they nodded, only slightly reassuring him.
    Adriel stepped in front of Myra, capturing their eyes with theirs. "You were spacing off again..." he said with a sigh.
    "You worry too much, Adriel. I'm fine, was just.. lost in thought," they sighed, giving Adriel a smile before ruffling his hair, "I was just wondering if this is all going to work out in the end."

As Adriel fussed with his hair, Myra had stepped back into their room and grabbed one of the ornate gowns from their wardrobe.
    "Then if you have these worries, will you truly be fine without our help? We could postpone our trave-" he tried to finish, but Myra's narrowed stare kept him in place. They had that affect on people, shutting them up with a single look.
    They slipped into the gown and returned to the vanity where they began removing the piercings from their face and ears, "I will be fine. You and your sibling have already done more than enough to aid my cause, and I am forever grateful for what you've done."

As they powdered their face with the makeups that lined their vanity they looked back at their reflection in disgust.
    How they hated looking so proper, so much like a "lady", a noble "lady"....
    But all of that would be changing, very soon would all their preparations come to fruition, and they no longer would see the people of their home suffer under their parent's rule.

They looked up in the reflection to give Adriel a smile, "You and Jaidyn should go now. There are far more people that could use your help than my revolt." They stood and gave a wave to their departing friend. As soon as he was gone they turned back around to their bedroom door, bracing themselves as they grasped the door nob.
    "Just three more days of being a noble's daughter, and then they will know the fury of my rage. They will see the uprising of a new era, the revolt of the century from the 'princess' of Castle de Noire and the rouges of Fae Valley."
    They smiled, knowing that this well kept secret would soon come forth before their tyrant parents.
[500/500]

extra;;

Being born a noble is not easy. There are so many responsibilities that one must carry and uphold, even more so to one who wishes not to have this role.
    Myra grew up the only one of their family to not agree with the way they rule their kingdom, the only one to not agree with the titles they were given from birth. But they played every proper part that was expected of them, being the "daughter" and "princess" rather than their unique self.

But lingering below the depths of their facade was the rebellious feelings and desires to change what Castle de Noire is to its people and those nearest to its land.
    So for three years Myra has lived a double life. One as the the proper princess of tyrant parents, and the second as the free spirit who has adorned their features with piercings, to wear whatever they wished, and treat people of all walks with respect and peace.
    And in this double life did they become allies with the fae that have been greatly affected by their kingdom, and in their alignment have they created a revolt to take down the tyranny and replace it with a new government of peace across the adjoining lands of Castle de Noire.

Uncertain is Myra of the future, but their hopes is to do anything and everything in their power to change it for the better.
[237/250]

Heyo heyo have a happy dayo~!
infp • autism • adhd • adult • Jan 31 • they/them • genderflux

I'm Nic, but feel free to call me by my user, however condensed you'd like even!
I'm super shy, weird, and awkward, but aren't we all at some point? Lol
I love to draw, play video games, and listen to music. Pretty much just a normal dude.

[Toyhouse] - [My Kalons] - [My Wermz] - [My Sqim]

Discord: broccoli_bento
Broccoli_Bento

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Exitium » Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:07 am

username & ID;; Exitium + 626371
kalon name;;

Willow
prompt;; Coming from a long line of vampires, it was expected of Willow to follow the family legacy. Vampire lawyers. Funny, isn't it? Well, she happens to think it's downright laughable, and wants nothing to do with the law. Unfortunately, she cannot outright rebel against her family, and must continue attending law school. However, she has a secret, and that secret is that she has a soap making business on campus, with all her clients sworn to secrecy by contract. It wouldn't do for her secret to make its way back to her family, after all! Soap making is her passion, not being some lawyer defending other kalons for who knows what. She'd be doomed if it ever got back to her folks, so can you keep a secret for her? 🦇
................exitium
.....discord: @mortemius

................Image

.............ImageImage

ImageImageImage
Exitium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby elf_of_the_hollow » Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:40 am

username & ID;; elf_of_the_hollow / 352032
        kalon name;; ganymede
        prompt;; [ 298 / 500 ]

in a moment, it was gone.

all of it, everything, was gone. it had crumbled under his supervision. he swore he had only looked away for a second, only neglected his duties momentarily, but that was all it took.

his kingdom had always been the smallest, the most tucked away. now it was nothing. his subjects had fled at the first sign. after all, he wasn't his siblings. he would never be anything like them.

for once he felt relief that no one ever visited. that they wouldn't see him this way, see his failure, was almost a blessing. it was better that they didn't know. they already thought less of him. he wasn't as impressive, as competent, as careful. he was never meant to rule as they did, and the universe went about proving it in the clearest terms it could.

he wondered if they would be upset at him. not for his failure, but for keeping it secret. they would, of course, he already knew. but he had hope there was a world in which he could keep it secret forever. that a pillar of cosmica had fallen but it would go unnoticed by those that built it. that all they had worked for would crumble before them but they would still be none the wiser. it was a foolish thing to hope. but he had always been foolish.

one day they would find out, he knew this. everything would only get worse from here. it would only grow more and more difficult to hide. they would find out and it would be over. maybe even that would be a relief. he had hope that it would be. he always had hope. stupid, blind, unfounded hope.

now, it seemed, that was the only thing he had.
elf_of_the_hollow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me