My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ♡ Kalon #2160 - Space mutt♡

Postby Knickknacks » Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:07 am

username + id # : knickknacks + 815546
    kalon name : neptune
[344 words n counting]

They used to say that something odd happened to her, during training. Knocked a few things loose, left her not quite the same after that. A little less hesitant, a little more dangerous.

They used to say so- now, they don't dare name it. She knows they're still thinking it, but that doesn't bother her much. So long as they're too scared to say it to her face, she leaves it be.

--

"Now, class- can you tell me what the definition of a star is?"

This, she remembers- the textbook answer expected of her in school, the jargon about stars being "compressed balls of burning gases," bright and out of reach and, most importantly, not alive. Not possessing of any power themselves- just a way for pilots to find their way. Just blinking lights, decorating the skyscape of space.

Perhaps some of them are, she grants. She's sure that all of the studies done have some truth to them.

Her fingers twitch on the controls of her ship. Her smile, a crafty, sideways thing, appears in barest measure.

But she knows, most importantly, that at least some of the stars are more than just inert, distant things. She knows that some of them are alive- powerful, watchful, and very, very within reach.

She was never quite right after that incident, they said. Hit on the head, claims she had an encounter with a star. That it spoke to her. But everyone knows that those kids' stories about wishing on stars are just that- kids' stories.

Unbidden, her grip tightens again. Her smile remains, just as tight.

The stars outside her ship's window twinkle merrily. Taunting her. Out of her reach.

Nobody had believed her, of course. Theirs was a society that had long surpassed the need for such superstition- stories still existed, of course, as entertainment- but nobody believed in such wishful thinking anymore. Stars did not take on solid form and talk to mortals. That was it- the fact of the matter. It followed, then, that Neptune must have been lying, or hallucinating.

wip
Last edited by Knickknacks on Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Knickknacks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NE0N-UMBR30N » Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:16 pm

mark
icon base by jako-ry on DA and sig art by booplet on TH

N30N - it/he/they
previous username was sylvender

nerd - kalons - UMAs
mods, victorbirdeh and i may sometimes trade
unfairly with each other :0! please don't ban us!

NE0N-UMBR30N

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Exitium » Sat Sep 09, 2023 1:11 pm

username + id # : Exitium + 626371
    kalon name : Thelma

Thelma collects bits and baubles, filling up a warehouse maintained by them. Thelma collects shiny gears and rusted gears, along with nuts and bolts. On full moon nights, Thelma drifts across the graveyard adjacent to their warehouse, placing bundles of flowers made of gears on the headstones.

Rainy nights call for bundles of blankets, a projector playing old movies cast across the rusted walls, while wind wails and whistles outside.

Food usually resembles gears, bolts, and nuts whilst drinks are typically fruity and vibrant. Dessert might be gear fries, bolt apple slices, or a mirror cake glazed and set with edible machinery pieces.

On a planet of their own, they seemingly exist to collect and care for the long forgotten.
................exitium
.....discord: @mortemius

................Image

.............ImageImage

ImageImageImage
Exitium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby faunsie » Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:57 am

Hello! A few people asked for an extension so ill give it till the 13th at rollover! thank you
feel free to call me aero or aeth!! || they/them
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Working full time! Sorry for any long wait times. Feel free to
message me with any questions! My discord is 'faunsie'.
faunsie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kaisisles » Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:18 am

it looks like a popular streamer has started broadcasting-

naga's tilt playlist

bonus!
for friends who aren't familiar with the terminology

thanks to these awesome people who
answered my dms out of nowhere to borrow
their kals for this project! :'D

zero.two - lux
barbatos. - koy
kolyakun - ellis
vanrouge - mika and cherish
justamindset - seth
König - @doveinthepark and @djloren
khvoxtic - adonis, han, and mar
22tabby - kerosene
mnemosyne - ciel
captaindude - roshan

Last edited by kaisisles on Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
kaisisles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby faunsie » Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:06 pm

okay!! I got a few more requests for an extension so the comp will
end the 15th at 6pm EST. This will be the last extension! Thank you!!
faunsie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rabbit... » Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:16 am

username + id # : rabbit... 45716
    kalon name : Dreeva

Out of all the beings and objects that float around in space, Dreeva really hoped that she would be the most forgettable creature to pass by. Dreeva wants to be the wallflower of the intergalactic space party.

Her entire storefront fits in her backpack. The silver cloudfibre posts and banner is easy to set up by just unstoppering a bottle to let the material spin out into a canopied gauze. Once it took shape, it would take a solar storm to blow it all away. The real issue of the set up was making sure all the goods were secured.

When a hooded guest parts the curtain, Dreeva polishes an old tire rim, then adjusts a floral china plate.

"Welcome distinguished guest! I have some of the best earthen wares your eyes have ever seen!" Dreeva pantomimes tuning an old radio with a smile.

The hooded guest drops their hood and reveals violet skin with horned ridges decorating their bald scalp. The guest lets out a put upon sigh and quickly mumbles, “The eagle rises at dawn…”

“What was that? I’m not sure I know what you mean? I don’t sell earth animals here.” Dreeva answers nonchalantly.

The guest clears their throat and says: “The eagle rises at dawn and crows when the chicken dances,” they proceed to draw in their arms and flap them up and down like wings while they shift their head back and forth.

Dreeva struggles to hide their smile, “Oh of course! Thetio why didn’t you say so in the first place.”

Thetio gestures impatiently to the table. “I can’t believe you make me do that every time.”

Dreeva obliges the request and roles out a blanket on top of the earthen wares, awkward tire rim and all. From the back room she pulls out a lock box to set on the front table. It is filled with vials that shimmer like microgalaxies. The concentrated star matter vibrates with energy as it feels the warmth from their bodies. Add a few drops and it will warm any alien inside out. Another vial was filled with dark sticky sap made of anti matter. It carves out the insides and leaves an empty husk. It's great for depression and disappearing acts. The last bottle is filled with stones that shine like ice. They float like ice too. They freeze the circulation system cold in its tracks. A real popular one for murders. It's not all that discrete but popular with certain crowds. If you're going to break the law to sell a few vials, might as well go big or go home.

"I'll take them all"
rabbit...

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby faunsie » Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:52 pm

Hi! Super sorry life has been very busy! The winner is kaisisles and a ru will be given to black water! Thanks for entering 💖🫶
faunsie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kaisisles » Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:43 pm

HI OH MY GOD SHAKING

TYSM AND CONGRATS