Re: Anniversary Kalon '23 | It was supposed to be an owl

Postby Cyrano » Tue May 30, 2023 10:08 am

Username & Usernumber: Cyrano + 887402
Name: Alaric Luisao Duartë

Once there was a sandman and every night that sand man looked at the stars and dreamed, not a very pretty dream but a dream of becoming a star himself. Every night he prayed and prayed and one night the sky answered the sky told him to travel west through the desert to a place known as the whistling tower. Now the sand man thought a dreamer was faulted as a skeptic. What did he know of travel, of scouring the desert for a whistling tower so he cried to the sky and begged the sky to grant him his wish without his arduous journey and in response the sky fell to the ground the sky went dark, no stars sparkled, they all seem to be pulled from the sky and as the sandman stared at the now blank sky an individual with piercing red eyes, horned beast and a cape of night towered over him, he was so bright under the cape that the man couldn’t meet his gaze and could only stare at the shifting sand that piled at his feet. The stranger did not speak but instead began walking, walking in the direction and the man was forced to follow.

They traveled for days and the stranger never spoke, never stopped for water, for food, to rest or for a passing word instead he kept on in silence unwavering trekking and the sky stayed in eternal darkness, no stars shone now only the moon which seemed to be the North Star on this trek as the stranger and the sand man continued on not speaking the man not daring to ask the destination, simply following and understanding he was to continue forward. On the ninth day on the fourty fifth minute of the seventh hour they arrived. The man trembling from weakness fell to his knees begging the stranger for food, water, sustenance but the stranger simply turned to face him red eyes piercing opened his cape and a great light came from behind him as the tower became illuminated with light and sound as wind burst forth from him as he leapt back into the endless sky and the stars returned..

Now there was nothing but desert, the sand man and the tower. The tower a massive monolith slightly twisted with domed windows and as the wind passed through the windows the tower made a low whistling sound. And stepping toward the marble floor entering the tower there was only an endless spiral staircase, only the endless spiral staircase and the sand man began to climb. Day never came.

See the sand man never reached the top of the stairs and in some ways that was the point, he would never reach the top on foot. So on thr 56,874th step he sat and he looked out the domed window and he yelled to the night "ENDLESS NIGHT BRING ME SOME DAY GRANT ME LIGHT AND A PLACE TO STAY" the night went dark and the man returned. He stood towering over the sand man and said a single word "dream". The man gaped again he was nearly blinded by the man and his starry back covered by the cloak that would shift in the wind but he did as he was told and closed his eyes and faced the stair and dreamed.He dreamed of the top of the tower, of night turning to day, of the sun returning and him returning home.

Then there was darkness.

The sand man woke no time seeming to have passed but the stars had returned to the sky. But on the back of the sandman were two large starlit wings. He flexed and folded them, stared in awe. He let them open and fell to his knees thanking the thing from the sky and took off toward the top of the tower. But he never reached the top. You see the sand man flew to the stars and the sky seemed to keep calling but the tower seemed endless.

He rested in a window, and the wings disappeared, gone now in function but stained his back. He wasn't upset they had become burdensome and he cut his losses, content to beginning his descent down the stairs. But around heading downward in the tower he found a crevasse, a slight crack in a central unit on the 777th floor. Inside was a bright light, a singular orb of warm bright light. The sand man couldn't resist. He broke open the central unit retrieving the massive orb and let it tumble out, tumble down the stairs and he chased it giggling, skipping following the orb and it cracked.

As the orb cracked, a blinding burst of light filled the endless staircase. The sand man shielded his eyes, momentarily stunned by the brilliance. When the light faded, he found himself standing at the bottom of the tower, surrounded by a beautiful oasis.

The oasis was lush with greenery, blooming flowers, and a crystal-clear pool of water. The sand man could hardly believe his eyes. He had found his place to stay, a sanctuary he had longed for during his arduous journey.

With a grateful heart, the sand man knelt by the pool and cupped his hands to drink the refreshing water. As he did, he realized that the crack in the orb had released not just light but also fragments of his dreams. The air around him shimmered with possibilities, and he felt a deep sense of fulfillment.

He had sought to become a star, to rise above his circumstances and transcend his limitations. But in his pursuit of the heavens, he had overlooked the beauty that lay beneath his feet—the journey itself and the transformative power it held.He had yearned for the light without realizing that darkness had its own purpose. He had chased dreams without appreciating the present moment. And
now, in this oasis, he discovered that his true fulfillment came from embracing both the light and the darkness, the dreams and the realities.

The sand man made a promise to himself—to never lose sight of the journey and to find joy in the process of becoming. He understood that dreams are not just lofty aspirations but also the steps we take, the people we meet, and the lessons we learn along the way.

As he settled into his newfound sanctuary, the sand man carried the wisdom of his journey with him. He still yearned for the unreachable top and perhaps one day he will be restored wings to perhaps reach it but for now he had returned the day and that was enough. The sand man finally named himself Alaric, guardian of the tower and the protector of dreams.
Last edited by Cyrano on Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:12 pm, edited 10 times in total.
used to be: smith(ers) & s-simplicity| toyhou.se | my kalons
Cyrano

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LokisTrick » Tue May 30, 2023 10:23 am

Username+ Usernumber: LokisTrick + 47801
Kalone Name: Erasmus

Excerpt taken from "Poems from the Bygone: Fairytale Collection"

Beware beware the Twilight King

Keeper of lost, forgotten things.

Hold close your memories,

Hold close your fears,

Lest in his talons they be revered.

"Once upon a time, in the distant past........"
Last edited by LokisTrick on Tue May 30, 2023 12:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dreaming Deep~

Looking for celestial garden item set!
LokisTrick

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby deerbroken » Tue May 30, 2023 10:36 am

Last edited by deerbroken on Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
deerbroken

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PleaserOfCrowds » Tue May 30, 2023 10:39 am

Mark!
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
────────────────────────────────────────────
♠They/It/Aer♥
────────────────────────────────────────────
Sig Pixels by Carpe. avatar by Skabeebo, chattamind, Jitsuemon, rabbitpulp, Belefur, and me
TH,FR,Artfight,Kals
PleaserOfCrowds

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Caeleesi » Tue May 30, 2023 11:15 am

Username+ Usernumber: Caeleesi 309551
Name: [Prince] Caspian
prompt:

Once upon a time, in a mystical realm known as Lyridora, there existed a legend that spoke of a noble Kalon prince. He was a creature of exceptional grace and wisdom, with fur dark as oak, but as radiant as the moon's gentle glow. This prince was known by the name Caspian and was renowned for his compassionate heart and his unwavering dedication to the well-being of his subjects.

As the ruler of Lyridora, Caspian's kingdom thrived under his gentle leadership. The kalons living in this celestial realm found solace and guidance in their prince. The harmony of the land was reflected in the starry skies, where the constellation of Lyridora shone vibrantly, a testament to the prince's noble reign.

As time passed, a darkness began to creep over Lyridora, blackening the once bright skies with ink. An ancient curse had started to corrupt the kingdom, and the moon, which had always bestowed its radiant light upon the Kalon, now grew dimmer with each passing night. The kalons became disheartened, their once radiant spirits dampened by the moon's fading brilliance.

Determined to restore balance and save his beloved kingdom, Prince Caspian embarked on a dangerous quest. Guided by the whispers of the celestial spirits, he ventured into the deepest reaches of Lyridora, where he encountered the mysterious Oracle of the Stars.

The Oracle, a wise and ancient being, revealed to Caspian the source of the curse. It was the wicked Equinoxalis, a spiteful creature who thrived on stealing light, causing Lyridora to fall into darkness. The Oracle warned the prince that only a kalon of pure heart and unwavering determination could break the curse and restore the moon's brightness.

Armed with his noble spirit and the knowledge gifted to him, Caspian embarked on a treacherous journey to confront the Equinoxalis. Through dense forests, over vast celestial plains, and across shimmering rivers of stardust, he pursued the elusive creature, undeterred by the challenges that lay ahead.

As Caspian drew closer to the heart of the darkness, he encountered allies who aided him on his quest. The Swiftwind, graceful messengers of the skies, provided him with swiftness and agility. The Lumina, luminous beings born from starlight, gifted him with a radiant orb, a symbol of hope and guidance.

At last, Caspian confronted the Equinoxalis within a large, starlit chamber. The creature, shrouded in darkness, taunted the prince with its wicked laughter. But Caspian, fortified by his unwavering determination, faced the Equinoxalis without fear.

A fierce battle commenced, as shadows clashed with light, and darkness waged war against illumination. With each strike, Caspian's inner strength surged forth, resonating with the power of the celestial realm - all his friends and family, and every ally he'd met pouring their will into him. At the height of their battle, Caspian unleashed one final burst of pure energy, casting the Equinoxalis into eternal slumber just as Caspian himself fell to the ground, tired from the war that had been waged.

As the creature faded away, the curse was lifted, and Lyridora's moon reclaimed its brilliance, once again infusing Caspian with it's strength. Its radiant light cascaded down upon the land, rekindling the kalons' spirits and restoring harmony to the realm. The constellation of Lyridora gleamed brighter than ever before, a symbol of the prince's triumphant victory.

Word of Caspian's valiant journey spread throughout Lyridora and beyond, turning him into a legend—a symbol of hope, courage, and the power of determination. The kalons thanked him and looked upon him as their hero, and the tale of the "Brightness of The Moon" became a cherished part of Lyridora's lore.

To this day, as the kalons gather beneath the shining skies, they look upon the constellation of Lyridora, where the figure of Prince Caspian stands tall. They are reminded of his noble spirit, his strong dedication, and the enduring brightness of the moon—a celestial testament to the prince's legacy in the land of Lyridora.

[656 words] - maybe done?
art tbd...
Last edited by Caeleesi on Tue May 30, 2023 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Local Skeleton Queen
DA || || TH || ©
ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴏɴ ᴄᴏᴍᴇꜱ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴅᴜʀɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʏ
©
ᴘʀᴇᴠɪᴏᴜꜱʟʏ ᴠʀɪꜱᴋᴇʙᴀʙ ʙ)
Caeleesi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby black water » Tue May 30, 2023 11:18 am

mark
x
x
x
x

baz, he/him || kals
ESFP
// sirbazicus ☄️🦋🌊
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
so stay with me
hold my hand
there's no need
to be brave

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
sig @ pawschamp
icon @ fūi

black water

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sunbird » Tue May 30, 2023 11:22 am

username + usernumber: songbird ♪ + 969809
name: mordred
prompt: wip :)
Last edited by sunbird on Wed May 31, 2023 11:22 am, edited 4 times in total.
x
the flower that
follows the sun,
does so even
in cloudy days.
╔╗
║║
╚╝
╔════════════╗
..vale | any pronouns | adult

╚════════════╝
╔╗
║║
╚╝
sunbird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 76heart » Tue May 30, 2023 11:43 am

Words begin to materialize on the empty pages before you.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

I will warn you now, dear One who has sought out the tale within these pages; this story is a tragedy. There is no happily ever after at the end.

I wish it could end differently, believe me, I do, more than anything, but no matter how many times these words are read, the ending stays the same.

The Princeling didn't want to die.

But I'm getting ahead of myself, aren't I?

Ah. Where was I? Oh yes.

xxxOnce, a very long time ago now, so long ago that many scarcely believe it ever even existed, there was a proud kingdom set in a land of ice and snow.
xxxThis kingdom was known as Aesunhune, and it was ruled by a line of steadfast and worthy kings and queens. Their reign remained unbroken for centuries, with each heir receiving the blessing of the gods, permitting them to rule, and bringing in continued ages of prosperity.

xxxEach heir's coronation passed by as expected, until one arrived that would be set apart from the rest.

xxxAs per the kingdom's sacred rites, when the heir made ruler had passed on through the veil, the gods would descend to judge the new heir. If they were found worthy, they would be crowned, and if they were found unworthy, well, another would be found then and there.

xxxThis heir was older than most; his mother had passed on in her twilight. His entire life had been training for this moment, and when the time came to prove to the gods that he was worthy, as the entire kingdom watched on, he more than proved himself.

xxxIn fact, he impressed one god so much, the Night Mother, that she bestowed upon him a gift unprecedented in this rite.

xxxA god's child, a princeling.

xxxWhen the Princeling opened his eyes for the very first time, he found himself surrounded by stars, and in those stars with him was the Night Mother, towering above him as if she were an owl, and he was an owlet the size of a very small mouse.

xxxOf course, the Princeling had questions, as I’m sure anyone would in their first moments if they were capable of such things. But as the book has already shown you, however, the goddess left his most important question of all unanswered. Before he could cry out again, plead for an for an answer, she was gone, and he was alone, left behind in her domain.

xxxThen suddenly, he was not alone, and he was not in her domain. He was surrounded by an entire kingdom, looking to him with amazement. Before he could even begin to process a single thing, he was swept off his feet and spun around in the air.

xxxThe new king had been given a son. A very special son. A son that meant he had earned the favor of the gods, and an honor greater than any had received before him, that no other had ever received before. Immanuil, the god child. The Princeling God, the Godling Prince. Such a thing would surely never go to his head.

xxxYou see, however, the new king already had a son, the Prince Asriel of twelve name days, and the young prince did not want a brother. He did not want another to take what little time he already had with his parents away; for the duties of their family were vast and almost endless, as is the reality of those blessed - or cursed - with royal birth.

xxxDear One, I hope you can understand that I cannot blame the poor child for this.

xxxTo the kingdom, they were going to be the King and Queen, but to him, they were always Mother and Father.

xxxHe looked from behind his mother, hand in hers holding tightly, at the scared boy who was a mirror to him in age, being swung around joyfully by his father, and a darkness began to grow in his heart. The darkness of a son who had only ever wanted love, who knew, in that moment, that he would never easily get it again. His father had not done that with him in so long.

xxxAsriel looked up to his mother, a shred of hope still in his heart that she would spend this moment of triumph for their family with him, but she released his hand and went to sweep the Princeling up in a hug the moment his father put him down.

xxxHe was alone, and for not the first time, his heart cracked, and the darkness crept in.

xxxThree years went by.

xxxAs Asriel grew, so did his bitterness, and his pain. As Immanuil grew, so did his magic, and his arrogance, and his love of the world. While the Prince spent his days training with the sword and learning how to rule, the Princeling spent his honing his magic, and being revered.

xxxSuch a thing had indeed gone to the King's head, and the young Princeling was shown off to all who would see him. He praised the boy for his magic, for what separated him from both gods and men, as did all others in the court that surrounded him. Immanuil preformed what he had learned each day, not realizing that he was on a pedestal he could not step down from. All he heard was that he was godly. The gods were eternal, and that was what he wanted to be.

xxxLife was beautiful, and each day he learned more of it. He relished in the sounds of music, running like honey through the rivulets between the stones of the walls, in the way no snowflake was the same, in how cold they were, in how warm the fire was as it danced, in even the simple act of breathing. How could his mother give him this gift, and then some day take it away?

xxxOne day, the two were sparring alone, and Asriel was hurting. His father had again brushed him away, as he had done since his crowning, and Asriel was angry. Angry at himself for hoping, longing for his father's love, and angry at his father for never being the father he so desperately longed for.

xxxAs you know, dear One, when you’re angry, sometimes you lash out at someone undeserving, and that is what Asriel did. He lashed out, forgetting for a moment to take care with his sword, and placed a cut upon his brother’s palm.

xxxImmanuil's sword fell from his hand, clattering to the stone. He stumbled back carelessly to the ground, staring at his hand and just barely catching himself with his other.

xxxHe wanted his brother to feel his pain, to understand the depths of his anger and his hurt, but not like this, and his anger melted away, because sometimes, no matter how much you hate someone to the depths of your soul, a part of you somewhere, deep down, still cares, or at the very least doesn't want to see someone else in the same pain you are. He hadn’t meant to hurt him.

xxxImmanuil looked up at him from his shaking hand, scared. "What have you done to me?"

xxxAnd with those words, all the anger, all the pain, all the rage, all the cold reminders throughout his life that his brother was more special than he ever would be in the eyes of their father, returned.
xxx"Reminded you that you can die like the rest of us." He spat, knowing the words would scar while his hand would not, and turned before his brother could see his tears.

xxxAs Asriel hardened his heart, Immanuil let fear into his.

xxxEven as the magic within his veins had already begun to knit back together the broken flesh, there was still red.

xxxHe was stronger than any other in the kingdom, faster, and more powerful than any magic user, but he could still bleed, and he could still die. No matter how many times he was told he was godly, he would always in the end, end, and he didn't want to end.

xxxMagic, as I'm sure you're aware dear One, is a complicated creature few find themselves able to master. It is wild, a force of it's own, and difficult to tame. Dig too little, and you accomplish nothing. Dig too deep, and it consumes you. But Immanuil was no regular mage. He was a being of magic, with the blood of gods, and more powerful than all but the gods.

xxxIn his fear, he found resolve. If the magic didn't want to help him, he would force it. He would become eternal.

xxxThere were things this world had forgotten to bury, or rather, couldn't bury. Books of magic, much like this one, with the secrets he needed, and an old god from a neighboring land. That, however, is another story, so I shall keep this brief. Immanuil knew of these things, and the imprisoned old god, who's very soul was corruption, his rot forever leaking into the soil, changing the land he was buried beneath, and creeping into Aesunhune.

xxxAll the Princeling needed, was to find these things the world couldn't bury.

xxxSo he did.

xxxBut they would not give their answers, or their gifts so freely.

xxxAs the years went by, and answers they refused him, he grew desperate. As even more years went by, his desperation began to take form.

xxxHe could see it in flashes of his reflection, in glimpses of his shadow. Red eyes, not quite his, staring back. A gray bubbling beneath the surface, watching, and waiting to be released. He saw it in the edges of his dreams, as even his dreams were consumed a search for what he longed for more than anything. An answer.

xxxMeanwhile, Asriel prepared. Immanuil had become a desperate shadow, barely there, and his absence had taken a great toll on their father, one that only worsened with each year that went by. He knew it would not be long until he was gone, and his hardened heart had made peace with that. The day they were to be judged by the gods would come soon, and he was going to be ready.

xxxAnd soon indeed, that day came.

xxxAsriel stood before the gods, just as his father had. Though blood does not make a family, it was royal blood that flowed through his veins. He believed he was the rightful heir, and he was not going to let a godling usurp his throne after all he had done.

xxxImmanuil stood before the gods, still without answers and more desperate than ever, staring up at his mother, just as he had done before. His mother, as she had done, stared back emotionlessly. He needed to win, to ask her why.

xxxThe princes bowed, turned to each other, and drew their swords. They moved in a dance familiar from their childhood. A strike, a dodge, a parry. But Immanuil had not kept up the dance, and he was faltering.

xxxAsriel began to wind up a blow, and the Princeling stumbled.

xxxA sword plunged into his back, deeper than his magic could heal, and deeper than he could survive. Desperation clawed, flaring in his eyes.

xxxThe Princeling didn’t want to die.

xxxSo he didn’t.

xxxAnd all of Aesunhune paid the price.

1,956/2,000 words

76heart + 395288immanuilhe/him

huge thank you to snowflakette and mnemosyne for looking the entry over for me and being there as I chatted to them about it!

wordless version

textureless version

how it looks on my iPad because I did not realize such a small canvas would crunch it a little whoops

plain text version in case you want to double check the word count
Code: Select all
What am I?

You are my child, and someday you will die.

What is death?

Death is an end. It is nothing.

Will you die?

I am eternal, Princeling. I have no end.

Why am I not eternal? Why do I end?

Why do I end?

Words begin to materialize on the empty pages before you.

I will warn you now, dear One who has sought out the tale within these pages; this story is a tragedy. There is no happily ever after at the end.

I wish it could end differently, believe me, I do, more than anything, but no matter how many times these words are read, the ending stays the same.

But I'm getting ahead of myself, aren't I?

Ah. Where was I? Oh yes.

The Prince and The Princeling

Once, a very long time ago now, so long ago that many scarcely believe it ever even existed, there was a proud kingdom set in a land of ice and snow.
This kingdom was known as Aesunhune, and it was ruled by a line of steadfast and worthy kings and queens. Their reign remained unbroken for centuries, with each heir receiving the blessing of the gods, permitting them to rule, and bringing in continued ages of prosperity.

Each heir's coronation passed by as expected, until one arrived that would be set apart from the rest.

As per the kingdom's sacred rites, when the heir made ruler had passed on through the veil, the gods would descend to judge the new heir. If they were found worthy, they would be crowned, and if they were found unworthy, well, another would be found then and there.

This heir was older than most; his mother had passed on in her twilight. His entire life had been training for this moment, and when the time came to prove to the gods that he was worthy, as the entire kingdom watched on, he more than proved himself.

In fact, he impressed one god so much, the Night Mother, that she bestowed upon him a gift unprecedented in this rite.

A god's child, a princeling.

When the Princeling opened his eyes for the very first time, he found himself surrounded by stars, and in those stars with him was the Night Mother, towering above him as if she were an owl, and he was an owlet the size of a very small mouse.

Of course, the Princeling had questions, as I’m sure anyone would in their first moments if they were capable of such things. But as the book has already shown you, however, the goddess left his most important question of all unanswered. Before he could cry out again, plead for an for an answer, she was gone, and he was alone, left behind in her domain.

Then suddenly, he was not alone, and he was not in her domain. He was surrounded by an entire kingdom, looking to him with amazement. Before he could even begin to process a single thing, he was swept off his feet and spun around in the air.

The new king had been given a son. A very special son. A son that meant he had earned the favor of the gods, and an honor greater than any had received before him, that no other had ever received before. Immanuil, the god child. The Princeling God, the Godling Prince. Such a thing would surely never go to his head.

You see, however, the new king already had a son, the Prince Asriel of twelve name days, and the young prince did not want a brother. He did not want another to take what little time he already had with his parents away; for the duties of their family were vast and almost endless, as is the reality of those blessed - or cursed - with royal birth.

Dear One, I hope you can understand that I cannot blame the poor child for this. 

To the kingdom, they were going to be the King and Queen, but to him, they were always Mother and Father.

He looked from behind his mother, hand in hers holding tightly, at the scared boy who was a mirror to him in age, being swung around joyfully by his father, and a darkness began to grow in his heart. The darkness of a son who had only ever wanted love, who knew, in that moment, that he would never easily get it again. His father had not done that with him in so long.

Asriel looked up to his mother, a shred of hope still in his heart that she would spend this moment of triumph for their family with him, but she released his hand and went to sweep the Princeling up in a hug the moment his father put him down.

He was alone, and for not the first time, his heart cracked, and the darkness crept in.

Three years went by.

As Asriel grew, so did his bitterness, and his pain. As Immanuil grew, so did his magic, and his arrogance, and his love of the world. While the Prince spent his days training with the sword and learning how to rule, the Princeling spent his honing his magic, and being revered.

Such a thing had indeed gone to the King's head, and the young Princeling was shown off to all who would see him. He praised the boy for his magic, for what separated him from both gods and men, as did all others in the court that surrounded him. Immanuil preformed what he had learned each day, not realizing that he was on a pedestal he could not step down from. All he heard was that he was godly. The gods were eternal, and that was what he wanted to be.

Life was beautiful, and each day he learned more of it. He relished in the sounds of music, running like honey through the rivulets between the stones of the walls, in the way no snowflake was the same, in how cold they were, in how warm the fire was as it danced, in even the simple act of breathing. How could his mother give him this gift, and then some day take it away?

One day, the two were sparring alone, and Asriel was hurting. His father had again brushed him away, as he had done since his crowning, and Asriel was angry. Angry at himself for hoping, longing for his father's love, and angry at his father for never being the father he so desperately longed for.

As you know, dear One, when you’re angry, sometimes you lash out at someone undeserving, and that is what Asriel did. He lashed out, forgetting for a moment to take care with his sword, and placed a cut upon his brother’s palm.

Immanuil's sword fell from his hand, clattering to the stone. He stumbled back carelessly to the ground, staring at his hand and just barely catching himself with his other.

He wanted his brother to feel his pain, to understand the depths of his anger and his hurt, but not like this, and his anger melted away, because sometimes, no matter how much you hate someone to the depths of your soul, a part of you somewhere, deep down, still cares, or at the very least doesn't want to see someone else in the same pain you are. He hadn’t meant to hurt him.

Immanuil looked up at him from his shaking hand, scared. "What have you done to me?"

And with those words, all the anger, all the pain, all the rage, all the cold reminders throughout his life that his brother was more special than he ever would be in the eyes of their father, returned.
"Reminded you that you can die like the rest of us." He spat, knowing the words would scar while his hand would not, and turned before his brother could see his tears.

As Asriel hardened his heart, Immanuil let fear into his.

Even as the magic within his veins had already begun to knit back together the broken flesh, there was still red.

He was stronger than any other in the kingdom, faster, and more powerful than any magic user, but he could still bleed, and he could still die. No matter how many times he was told he was godly, he would always in the end, end, and he didn't want to end.

Magic, as I'm sure you're aware dear One, is a complicated creature few find themselves able to master. It is wild, a force of it's own, and difficult to tame. Dig too little, and you accomplish nothing. Dig too deep, and it consumes you. But Immanuil was no regular mage. He was a being of magic, with the blood of gods, and more powerful than all but the gods.

In his fear, he found resolve. If the magic didn't want to help him, he would force it. He would become eternal.

There were things this world had forgotten to bury, or rather, couldn't bury. Books of magic, much like this one, with the secrets he needed, and an old god from a neighboring land. That, however, is another story, so I shall keep this brief. Immanuil knew of these things, and the imprisoned old god, who's very soul was corruption, his rot forever leaking into the soil, changing the land he was buried beneath, and creeping into Aesunhune.

All the Princeling needed, was to find these things the world couldn't bury.

So he did.

But they would not give their answers, or their gifts so freely.

As the years went by, and answers they refused him, he grew desperate. As even more years went by, his desperation began to take form.

He could see it in flashes of his reflection, in glimpses of his shadow. Red eyes, not quite his, staring back. A gray bubbling beneath the surface, watching, and waiting to be released. He saw it in the edges of his dreams, as even his dreams were consumed a search for what he longed for more than anything. An answer.

Meanwhile, Asriel prepared. Immanuil had become a desperate shadow, barely there, and his absence had taken a great toll on their father, one that only worsened with each year that went by. He knew it would not be long until he was gone, and his hardened heart had made peace with that. The day they were to be judged by the gods would come soon, and he was going to be ready.

And soon indeed, that day came.

Asriel stood before the gods, just as his father had. Though blood does not make a family, it was royal blood that flowed through his veins. He believed he was the rightful heir, and he was not going to let a godling usurp his throne after all he had done.

Immanuil stood before the gods, still without answers and more desperate than ever, staring up at his mother, just as he had done before. His mother, as she had done, stared back emotionlessly. He needed to win, to ask her why.

The princes bowed, turned to each other, and drew their swords. They moved in a dance familiar from their childhood. A strike, a dodge, a parry. But Immanuil had not kept up the dance, and he was faltering.

Asriel began to wind up a blow, and the Princeling stumbled.

A sword plunged into his back, deeper than his magic could heal, and deeper than he could survive. Desperation clawed, flaring in his eyes.

The Princeling didn’t want to die.

So he didn’t.

And all of Aesunhune paid the price.

Last edited by 76heart on Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:57 am, edited 9 times in total.
76heart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meridiem » Tue May 30, 2023 11:53 am

Username+ Usernumber: Meridiem + 866190
Name: Bill Bones

The Crew
-Mamba: Captain
-Zenith: First Mate
-Nikita: Medic
-Joey: Look Out
-Ethos: Crew Mate
-Loe: Crew Mate
-Arthur: Crew Mate
-Tiberius: Guardian

The crew sat around the old wooden table as the boat rocked from the soft crashing waves. The lanterns that brightened the room swayed with the ship and created an ambiance of metal creaking. Mamba tapped her fingers on the table in annoyance while Zenith and Nikita chatted about what the waves had been like recently. The rest of the crew remained silent while they wait for the stew to be brought in by the newest member of the crew and appointed chef, Arthur. As Mamba rolled her eyes, Arthur came bursting into the dimly lit room. The stew he carried splashed around in the giant metal pot. He let out a small sorry and started hobbling around to each crew member and ladled them a cup of stew. Once everyone had gotten a full bowl of brownish-green stew, Arthur finally poured himself a small bowl with what had remained.

Since everyone on the crew was more interested in talking to anyone else but Arthur, he had gotten used to staring at the walls, floors, ceilings, or anything that wasn't another soul's eyes. As he let his eyes wander, he remembered an old tale that he was told as a child growing up behind the castle walls. When he finally mustered up the courage he spoke, "Do you know anything about the old tale of Bill Bones and his hidden Sphinx?". The room fell silent even the lanterns even stood in shock at his questions.

"Who told you that story?" spoke Mamba in an unforgiving tone breaking the unbroken silence. Arthur made eye contact with Mamba, making note of her pulsing green eyes.

"My old steward who was my aunt's steward before she was also stolen by... pirates." Arthur took a big gulp of his stew after mustering out the word pirates. Mamba smirked at Arthur and glanced at Zenith. He nodded in return and motioned to the rest of the crew.

"You wanna know the real story of Bill Bones? Well, then you are in for a treat because my crew and I love to tell the tale of our dear old friend Bill Bones and his magical Sphynx." Mamba pointed at Joey and he shoot up out of his seat to grab the small loot that was leaning in the corner. As Joey started to play minor cords on the fragile instrument, Mamba cleared her throat.

In the vast and treacherous seas, there existed a legend whispered among sailors, a tale of a dark and mysterious pirate who roamed the waters. Known only as Captain Bill Bones, he was said to be the most cunning and ruthless pirate to ever sail the seven seas. His ship, The Owl's Revenge, struck fear into the hearts of all who crossed its path. But it was not Captain Bill Bone's acts of piracy that intrigued people the most, it was the mystery that shrouded his hidden treasure.

Legends spoke of a fabled island, veiled in mist and guarded by an enigmatic creature resembling the Sphinx of ancient lore. This creature possessed wisdom beyond imagination and was rumored to hold the key to Captain Bill Bone's treasure. It was rumored that this creature would kill any man who dared answered his riddle incorrectlyThe island was said to be located in a treacherous region of the sea, where swirling currents and jagged rocks deterred all but the most determined and courageous souls.

Many had sought to find the island and unravel the secrets of the Sphinx's riddle, but none had succeeded. Some were swallowed by the relentless sea, while others met their end at the hands of Captain Bill Bone himself. The pirate had a keen sense for betrayal and defended his treasure with ruthless tenacity.

Mamba paused briefly to see Arthur's reactions. Enthralled in the story, Athur's eye glimmered at the sound of a mysterious treasure hidden away by a Sphynx. As Mamba was about to continue the story, Zenith jumped up out of his seat, "The Sphnix is my favorite part of this story!" Mamba threw a bombastic side-eye toward Zenith but decided it wasn't worth the fight and let him carry on with the story.

The Sphynix was known by many names; The Riddle Master, Treasure Guardian, Beast, Sphynix, and most importantly Tiberius. Tiberius was said to be from the heavens. He was a discarded piece of stone that had fallen off of a blessed statue for the gods. The fallen piece of stone had fallen onto a deserted island next to the edge of the world. From there the stone bore into a young Tiberius. He learned to feed himself and take care of himself. The only thing on the island for Tiberirus to spend his days enjoying were the plentiful books that rained down from the heavens and washed up on the shores. You see on the island where he was discarded, there was an old forgotten library that was built as a temple for the Muses.

This temple was nothing to laugh at, for it had walls as tall as mountains and marble as clear as the rivers. In its walls were books from every land that was inhabited. Every language imaginable was inscribed in at least 100 books contained in this forgotten library. Tiberius was fascinated with every novel and novella he could grasp. The one book that stood out to him and became his favorite was the Book of Thought. The Book of Thought was a masterpiece comprised of 20 masters' works in deciphering what it meant to be alive and real. He would read it every morning and come up with a new train of thought that he would write in the back of the book where there were countless unwritten pages.

As the years passed, Tiberius grew into a massive beast and could no longer fit through the doors of the treasured library. He vowed to never let a soul in who could use the knowledge for evil and self-appointed himself to be the faithful guardian. Due to his giant size, the island could not keep up with the amount of food Tiberius would need to consume every day to be active. As a gift back to the island that raised him, feed him, and kept him safe, Tiberius vowed that he would remain in hibernation unless someone dared to come into his precious library and steal the masters' works as well as his own.

Zenith grabbed his cup of wine and took a big gulp to satisfy his parched throat. As a drip of dark red wine rolled down Zenith's cheek and onto his chin, Ethos mustered up the courage to speak, "You're forgetting how Captain Bill Bones and Tiberius meet!" Zenith slammed down his cup, splashing more wine onto the table.

"If you think you know this story sooooo well, why don't you continue it for us," Zenith spoke in a grumpy tone. Ethos was taken aback by Zenith's tone but cleared his throat, letting out a little goat bray.

Captain Bill Bones was not always the famous world-renowned and feared pirate that he is today. It is said that Bill was no more than a child when he was swept away on his first pirate ship to find treasure. The crewmates on that first ship were mean and nasty to him for he was only a child and what would a child need the treasure for? They would laugh at the way he walked and the way he would swab the deck. Bill tried to keep to himself and not let anyone from the crew know that they were getting to him.

When the captain had struck land, the whole crew raced off of the ship and started digging in the sand. No one thought to use a shovel and they were all digging with their bare hands in the hot sunned sand. Bill was not as stupid as these pirates and grabbed a small shovel that he could carry with ease. As he snuck off of the ship, hoping he wouldn't be spotted, Bill Bones spotted a small opening in the rocks that lined the shore. To be sure no one had followed or spotted him, Bill moved the rocks around so that the opening couldn't be seen as he climbed in the small opening.

With nothing but his hands to guide him, Bill walked down the rabbit hole that he stumbled upon. The hole felt like it went on forever until he reached a giant cavern. A small crack in the ceiling of this massive opening let in just enough light for the overhaul of riches to be enlightened. Bill's eyes grew to the size of moons as he basked in the glory of this wealth he stumbled upon. He didn't know what to do with all of the treasure he found so he decided to stuff a sailor's wages worth into his pocket and sneak out of the cave the same way he came in.

Once back on the shore, Bill Bones could see that no one else had found any of the treasure they were seeking. Half of the crew had already boarded the boat again in despair while the other half kept pacing back and forth on the beach, hoping they would spot something that no one else had noticed before. Bill knew that none of these pirates liked him and they would steal all of his treasure so he went back into the tunnel. The pirate crew eventually called it quits and left the island without thinking twice about the young Bill Bones.

Ethos seemed very proud of the way he was telling the story. Right as Ethos was about to continue, Joey cut him off with a loud strum on the loot. "That's very rude of you to cut me off, Joey..." Ethos mumbled to the musician as he turned away and crossed his arms in a pout. Joey smirked and faced Arthur.

"Aren't you just bored to death by the way this fleabag is telling such a magnificent story so poorly?" Joey laughed in Ethos' face and jumped on the table, strumming his loot with ferocity to gain everyone's attention. "Allow me to continue."

Once the island had been vacated, young Bill Bones started searching the island for other treasures that he could behold. His journey on the island took him to the tallest mountains, the lowest valleys, the deepest rivers, and the widest caverns. To no avail did the young pirate find anything of value. The island was full of fruit and creatures so he decided to not leave the island and call this wild and majestic place his new home.

As weeks went on and on, Bill Bones had established a small hut for himself out of branches and palm leaves. He would set out on a new adventure every day to see what beauties this island could show him. On one faithful day, he traveled to the farthest part of the island. As he continued on his journey, man-made structures that were in ruins started to appear intermixed with the forest. Ivy and moss covered almost every stone surface. His curiosity pushed him to go further until he was met face-to-face with a giant stone-like beast covered in a thick layer of ivy and moss. Bill called out to the beast in hopes that maybe he wasn't alone after all on this island.

The eyes on the beast shot open and ivy and moss fell down to the ground in a thud. "Who dares awake me, Tiberius, from my hibernation?" bellowed the magnificent beast. The stone-like creature turned his head to pop his neck and then shook off all of the roughage that covered him. Bill tried to dodge the massive sheet of foliage crashing down but got stuck under a pile of moss.

Muffled by the moss, Bill tried to yell to the beast, "I did, please don't harm me. I'm no threat to you!" Despite Tiberius' size, he was able to hear the quiet words of Bill Bones and lifted the sheet of moss that he was trapped under. "Please don't harm me" shrieked Bill as he shivered in fear. Tiberius looked at the small boy unamused by his pleas.

"If you wish to be unharmed, answer my riddle. Three pirates, One Eye, Long John, and Peg Leg, were gambling with pieces of gold. All the winnings were piled up on the table. One Eye said, 'I have won 1/2' and took a large handful or two. Long John said, 'I have won 1/3' and took a handful. Peg Leg said, ' I have won 1/6' and took a small handful. One Eye said, 'I have taken too much' and returned a half. Long John said, 'I have taken too much' and returned a third. Peg Leg said, 'I have taken too much and returned a sixth. The money on the table was then shared out equally and they had 42 pieces each. One Eye said, 'I have now 1/2 of the total originally.' Long John said, ' I now have 1/3 of the original.' Peg Leg said, 'I have now 1/6 of the original.' How much was on the table originally?" Tiberius looked towards the small boy for an answer. Bill was never taught math and stared at the beast with fear-soaked eyes.

"Please sir, I want nothing from you other than my life. I will leave you be and let you slumber if you only let me go." Tiberius was confused by the boy's answer. According to the beast, everyone had the knowledge of math, language, and philosophy so he was perplexed why this boy did not start writing in the sand.

"Have you no skills? Have you no brain?" roared the mighty Tiberius.

In the middle of Joey's heroic telling of the tale of Captain Bill Bones and Tiberius, Loe raised his hand. It caught Joey off guard so he stopped in his tracks and lowered the loot, warm from his heavy playing. "Yes, Loe?"

"Oh, well, I don't have a brain or skills," Loe responded to Joey with no thought behind his eyes. Joey smirked at the fool and raised his loot back into the playing position. With a nod toward Loe and his once again blank eyes, Joey strummed on the instrument once again starting his tale.

Bill looked up and the giant who stood before him and shook his head in shame. He expected to be crushed to death by one of the beast's massive paws but instead, the beast sighed in sadness. "I'm sorry you were never given the proper knowledge and care." Tiberius laid down flat so that he could be as close to eye level with Bill as possible. "May I bestow upon you my knowledge?" Bill was in shock that he one, didn't die, but two, was being given the chance at learning something hopefully valuable. After a long pause, Bill Bones nodded to the beast and he smiled back at the boy. Once Tiberius stood up, Bill could see the opening to the library that was being protected. Tiberius motioned with his tail for the young boy to enter.

Once inside, Bill was amazed by all of the books that so elegantly lined the shelves. Every single one of them had a thin layer of dust coating them. Bill then decided to make it his mission to dust off every book on the shelf so that he could gain the knowledge he was so graciously gifted. Bill turned around to meet eyes with Tiberius. "These were once books from all of the grand masters of the world then they were mine and now they are yours." Tiberius had this look of relief but also grief written across his face. Bill could tell from the small door that Tiberius had not seen the inside of these walls in many many years.

"What if I was to read these books to you once again?" Bill offered. Tiberius let out a mighty roar filled with joy and Bill started grabbing books off of the shelves and bringing them out in the light of day for both Tiberius and him to enjoy. From there on, Bill and Tiberius would read and read and read every day with each other. They formed a tight-knit friendship, sharing both of their life tales alongside the fantastical tales of the books. Bill had long forgotten about the treasure that he had found in that cave for these books held a much richer and deeper treasure.

After many years of their friendship, Bill Bones had grown up. Every book that once sat in silence on the shelves had been dusted off and read multiple times. Bill longed to travel once more and see the world that was foretold in all of the stories. He didn't know how to talk to Tiberius about his departure from this castaway island but Tiberius had known for quite some time that Bill needed to leave. On one faithful morning when the birds were singing and the air was filled with a warm sea breeze, Bill set out to talk to Tiberius about leaving this mini paradise

"Tiberius, I don't know how to say this but-" Tiberius cut Bill off with a paw to his mouth.

"I know the time has come, you need to see the world." Bill let out a sigh of grief and a small tear rolled down his cheek. "Don't worry Bill Bones. You will make it in the world, I can see it in your future."

"Wait, you can see the future!" Bill exclaimed as if his friend had lied and betrayed him after all these years.

"No, but I can tell when a person is pure and good." Tiberius smiled at Bill.

At that moment Bill remembered about the gold treasure that was stashed on the beach of the island from when he was a boy. He begged Tiberius to help him with something on the beach and Tiberius followed. Since Bill was no longer a child, he couldn't fit in the hole he had hidden many years ago as well anymore. Tiberius used his massive paws to dig back all of the rocks, sand, and debris to reveal the cavern that Bill had hidden in. Since the riches were now seen in the light of day, there was so much more treasure there than what Bill had remembered.

"I can't take all of this with me," Bill sighed, "Would you be able to watch over it for me?" He looked up at his mighty friend who graciously nodded. The two packed up as much treasure as they could and transported it back to the temple of books. Once all of the treasure was safe behind the door of the temple, Tiberius laid down to once again hide the door from the outside world. The pair looked into each other's eyes knowing this may be the last time they see each other in a very long time. No words were exchanged by the pair.

As Bill packed up a small boat that he had found and repaired, Tiberius looked back at the temple. He had accepted his fate that until another traveller found him he would place himself in hibernation. Tiberius took one last long look at everything around him.
Bill pushed the small boat out to see, knowing he would start his own pirate crew with the gold he had found. He would become a feared pirate and travel the world to learn even more. While his little boat pushed out to the open ocean, Bill yelled to Tiberius, "282 pieces!" At the sound of that Tiberius smiled and his body fell into a deep hibernation.

Joey stopped playing with the loot and got off of the table he had been dancing around on. Everyone clapped and cheered for Joey's talent as he bowed and mouthed thank you to his adoring fans. Arthur had confusion written all over his face and once Joey made eye contact with him, he stopped in his tracks. "What's wrong, you didn't like our tale?" Joey seemed a little hurt by this but everyone else had some form of anger sprawled across their face.

"No, it's not that. I'm just confused about how Bill Bones became ruthless. He seemed so nice in the story."

"Well you see young prince," Nikita spoke after letting out a burp poking Arthur's nose and pushing him back in his seat, "Being a pirate does not so nice things to nice people. The gold, fame, and fortune got to his head and he forgot all about Tiberius. Now the mighty beast protects the treasure of a pirate that can't even remember where the Sphynix is. That's why everyone is looking for the lost treasure guarded by the mighty Riddle Beast." Arthur nodded, hoping to not get poked again. The crew went back to smiling and small talk. All Arthur could do was look out the small port window wondering if maybe one day he would see the mighty Tiberius or the great Captain Bill Bones.

Word Count 3526/4000
Pixel Art Credit
Permission from whim to use their kals in the story
Last edited by Meridiem on Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:05 am, edited 4 times in total.
------------------------------------------
Meridiem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Anniversary Kalon '23 | It was supposed to be an owl

Postby gojo » Tue May 30, 2023 12:24 pm

dropping, good luck soldiers!!!!!
Last edited by gojo on Sun Jun 11, 2023 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gojo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me