Re: Anniversary Kalon 2023 ♡ Ferret hugs

Postby trans » Sat May 20, 2023 5:12 am

username & ID number: trans + 423895
kalon name: yuna
what's in their bag?: pragmatic and sensible, yuna is never but a hop, skip, and jump away from a good climb, and so she elects not to carry more than what she needs. among these possessions she carries with her the absolute essential of a happy life; mountain climbing gear that took months to save up for, but the lavender colorway well worth the effort and has a sort of relaxing effect.

she also brings with her a flowery orangeish-yellow water bottle that reminded her of her dear friend, so when she saw it just chilling in the discount bin, she knew that she absolutely had to acquire it...

perhaps one of the most important things, she always wears a hand-crocheted snow hat that anastasia had made for her for christmas, since the journey up the mountains are not exactly a walk on the beach... it's the most gentle, calming shade of indigo she's ever seen, and she never leaves home without it.

yuna also carries with her some yogurt-covered pretzels and trail mix with yogurt chunks (she really likes yogurt ok?), just in case she gets hungry on the way up and needs to make a quick stop. her thick, dense fur, in addition to her climbing clothes and gear, do a good job of protecting herself from the bone-chilling cold, so she's able to make stops as she needs on the way up the peaks.

the last thing she takes with her, and the only sort of "fun" she permits on her person (most things like that will just get lost on the way up), is a small, simple golden chain, with beautiful purple lily and snowdrop charms intertwined together at their stems... its a silly thing, and normally something yuna would not do, but she always keeps it on the zipper of her jacket, as a good luck charm. it is the only exception she's ever made to her rule. it was something they had made together a little after they had met, in a metalworking class. it was one of the only times yuna had ever seen someone from the mountains come down to the village at the foot of the mountain, and admittedly, yuna found herself staring quite a bit. they became quick friends in that class, and they had made the charms as their first class project.

389 words
Last edited by trans on Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
they/them, adult, pms are ok!
just here for pets, oekaki, and
closed species, occasionally. ♡
xxx'''my kalon storage
trans

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Amplify » Tue May 23, 2023 6:55 am

Username + ID: Amplify [#426059]
Kalon Name: Skadi

Prompt: [280/300] words + art extra

After years of incidental trial and error, Skadi has developed a system for packing her bag that maintains a careful balance between her desire to be prepared, the reality that life is unpredictable, and the overarching importance of her health. As much as she’d like to be prepared for everything, it’s not worth the back pain, so she sticks to the essentials.

First, she carries a metal water bottle (D) that’s filled each morning; her mouth dries quickly, and she can’t stand warm water tasting vaguely of plastic if she can avoid it. In case of unexpected rain, she also packs a travel sized umbrella (E), as it’s just big enough to protect her belongings if needed.

Sometimes it’s hard to keep track of digital notes, or her phone battery is running low and she’s almost home, so she keeps a small hard bound notebook, pens, pencils, and an eraser (F) handy just in case. She also carries her wallet and keys at all times, alongside tissues and a mini first aid kit (G) for her seasonal allergies and paper cut prone fingers respectively.

Cold, drafty buildings and windy days led to the sweater and scrunchie becoming essentials (A), with an unexpected downpour prompting the permanent addition of an extra pair of socks, despite her best efforts of shaking the concern. Chargers and earbuds are kept safe in a bag (B) to prevent them from getting broken, as unfortunately, electrical tape is not a long term solution. And last but certainly not least is snacks; without question, food, gum, and napkins (C) are crucial for making it through the day, and they are promptly chosen once everything else is packed.
Amplify

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ucanthandleme » Thu May 25, 2023 7:55 pm

Username + ID: Ucanthandleme + 809102
Name: Lune
Prompt + extra: (99/100)

Lune wiped the sweat from their head, their bright eyes focused on the specimen before them. A small frog, no bigger than a pinky finger. With great concentration they sketched in their overflowing notepad, sticking notes here and there about their observations. Then with a hop the frog was gone, they gave a sigh and put the book away in their frog shaped bag. Hearing their stomach growl they bought out two toasty cinnamon rolls. A magic bag was a wonderful thing. It not only kept food fresh, but also allowed them to store numerous things with no problem!

☆-------☆
Credit: Toyhouse
☆----------------☆
Storages:
My Kalons
For trade kalons
My kels
Profile avatar by m0thmonster
Sig art by stan. + Niluna + Morisakisan
Characters are owned by me.
Image ImageImageImageImageImage
☆-------------☆
Ucanthandleme

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mnemosyne » Sun May 28, 2023 9:00 am

Username & ID: Mnemosyne & 249050
Kalon Name: Olivia
What's in their bag?: Olivia's eyes shine as she rummages around in her beaten leather messenger brown. It's stained with unknown substances you don't really want to ask about. "Let's see what's in here! Aha!" First comes a notebook, which she brandishes with great gusto. It's very obviously well-loved and almost completely full, filled with pressed flowers, leaves, and smudges of dirt. "I record all of my nature observations in here, and I even try to draw some of the plants I encounter!" The drawings are crude and maybe indistinguishable from the dirt scattered on the pages, but you make appreciative noises anyways.

Next from the bag is a pencil case filled with pencils of varying types and sizes, and, you guessed it... more dirt. Olivia doesn't seem to mind or notice. "It's easier to keep pencils on hand instead of pens!" she says, and tosses the case carelessly aside. Next she pulls out a decaying bundle of... what used to be flowers, if you had to guess. She also throws those aside, muttering something about forgetting about them.

Then from the bag she pulls out a rock, gray and striped. "Isn't it neat? I found it near the river!" she says, then sets it carefully aside. Then she pulls out another rock, this one reddish-brown. And another rock. And another rock. In fact, if you had to guess, it seemed like her bag was at least 75% rocks.

After what felt like an eternity of Olivia blabbering on about her rock collection, she seemed to come to the end, finishing with a small clear rock. "It's halite! It's salty, want to lick?"

You politely decline, and she begins the task of tucking all of her things back into the bag. No wonder she clacked so much when she walked. To each their own...

[ 300 / 300 ]

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

league of legends trash Image

Syne | she/her | trade with me | kalons | mandy ♥ | snow ♥

icon by Aeryn

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
Mnemosyne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fuyunofabuki » Tue May 30, 2023 10:11 am

username & ID number fuyunofabuki 948125
Name Fennick
Prompt They carry a bunch of different things in their bag. They seem to have just about everything from bandaids, to snacks, to medicines, you need something you can always go to Fennick and their bag o wonders
(Basing their bag off me as my coworkers always come to me as they know I’m prepared alot of the times 😅)
𝐘𝐎𝐔─────────
Fuyunofabuki, bday: Feb 12th, see
my cs insta for my upcoming events
- share your chicken smoothie goals
event place holder ───────Image
fuyunofabuki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rabbit... » Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:34 pm

Username & ID: rabbit… 45716
    Kalon's Name: Cordelia "Dela"
    Prompt:

Extra: The transformative power of winter is startling. Green changes to white by the power of snowflakes drifting together. That is precisely why Dela venture to the hinterlands to harvest such persevering magic. The songs of birds collected from their first frosted breath, flowers petrified in ice, and icicles that do not shattered when dropped all make for powerful ingredients for spells. Her powers takes the form of little ferrets where they race across the fields to go rabbiting for compatible magic. Surely her enchantment shop will prosper once she shows everyone how powerful she can truly be.

The words are harder to read on the picture than I thought they would be. It says:
  • Mittens that get lost in the snow :(
  • Crystallized bird song
  • Preserved Flowers
  • Stabby Icicle
  • Key ring filled with as many keys and key chains as possible
  • Fire starter/emergency flare
  • Little ferret magic
  • Enchanted Bag - Rabbit changes from brown to white when winter magic is detected inside
rabbit...

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Furrydogs12 » Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:19 pm

Username & ID: Furrydogs12 992378
Kalon's Name: Chione
Prompt: Chione’s bag is a small designer backpack covered in white faux fur. On the main zipper is a small keychain in the shape of a snowflake in an ice blue color.

Inside the bag:
-A pale blue notebook that matches her keychain for notes and other information
-A pencil pouch with silver glitter covering the outside
- Inside are an assortment of pale blue stationary such as pencils and pens
-A photo of her and Vánice, her boyfriend
- Photo was taken in front of the northern lights during their trip to Alaska together
-small plush seal, given to her by her boyfriend on their first date
-an ice blue makeup bag with:
- glittery lip gloss
- eyeshadow palette
- white eyeliner
- a very pale shade of blush
- makeup brushes, wipes, and sponges
- a portable mirror
- lip balm in the shape of a bear head
- spare contacts
- pale colored lipsticks
-moisturizing cream
-sunscreen
-hand sanitizer
-hand cream
-AirPods
-miniature hairbrush
-eye drops (she has dry, sensitive eyes)
-car and house keys with a small ice blue pom pom attached at the end
-a few hair ties just in case, in glittery silver of course
-her phone with a pale blue floral case
-a white benie with two pom pom “ears”
-heated water bottle in ice blue
-at the very bottom is a white knit sweater, in case the weather gets cold
Furrydogs12

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Furry Winter Thief

Postby captain dude » Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:55 pm

User: captain dude 1003555
Kal’s Name: Yukon
What’s in the Bag?:
The bag contains none other than:
❄️Her wanted poster (for theft, of course)
❄️A warm hand-knit winter jacket
❄️ A freshly baked pie from the bakery that was stolen given to charity
❄️A KNIFE!!! Her uncle’s old woodworking knife!!!
❄️A treasure map that also shows what cities NOT to go into for, uh… reasons
❄️Cosmic brownies
❄️three (3) potions — one for health, one for water breathing, and one that she has no idea what it does
❄️A set of Mittens from her grandmother
❄️3 morel mushrooms
❄️Her mother’s heirloom comb
❄️Ferret deodorant spray! Gotta stay fresh and smellin’ clean!
(100/100)
captain dude

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Discontinued » Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:01 pm

username + ID: Discontinued + 145884
    kalon name: Sophie
    prompt:

✪ Morganite Bracelet
    (likes to slip it on/play with it whenever she begins to feel anxious)
    ✪ Fruit Pies
    (favorite on-the-go treat!)
    ✪ Pencil
    (is always forgetting things, so it helps to have a pencil to jot things down)
    ✪ Letters
    (she's always mailing letters to her worldwide pen pals)
    ✪ Hair Accessories
    (favorite hair bow and some bobby pins)
    ✪ Band-aids
    (for the moments she's a little too much of a klutz)
    ✪ Keychain?
    (is it a cat, a jellyfish, or some kind of alien? nobody knows - it was an odd thrift store find she couldn't resist)

[100/100]
ImageImage

Image Image Image - art shop ♡ - my kals - wermz - cozies - credit
• Yuu — tired person — INFP

- insomniac
- severe anxiety
- always searching
- wishing for everything

“I wish I could’ve lived my life without making any wrong turns. But that’s impossible. A path like that doesn’t exist. We fail. We trip. We get lost. We make mistakes. And little by little, one step at a time, we push forward. It’s all we can do. On our own two feet.” - Yuki Sohma
Discontinued

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Anniversary Kalon 2023 ♡ Ferret hugs; WINNER

Postby faunsie » Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:57 am

Hello! Thank you guys for the wait. I seriously had a hard time judging this and did need some extra help.
I loved everyone's entries! They all honestly had their personality and spark
and could see this lovely kal going in any of these stories. However, 3 entries stuck with me the most.

Maringue is the winner of this comp! I loved the huge teddy bear bookbag, Id love to see the art of her with the bag. Also, the art of her and her friend is totally adorable! I can't wait to see you flesh the relationship out more

I'll be giving captain dude A RU! I was invested in the wanted poster and pie! Robin Hood vibes for sure. Im excited to see how you'll develop the concept!

I'll also be giving rabbit... A RU! I love Cordelia's magic aspects as well as her connection to ferrets. I can't wait to see how you develop it further!

Also some HMs! I adored Trans, Furrydogs12, and Discontinued's entries! Thank you all for entering.
feel free to call me aero or aeth!! || they/them
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Working full time! Sorry for any long wait times. Feel free to
message me with any questions! My discord is 'faunsie'.
faunsie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me