Re: Mystra's Maze Mystery

Postby Zigzagoon » Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:57 am

Username + id: Zigzagoon 97981
Chicoon Participating: Turtle
Choice: spooky hallway
Word count/art size: Clean Line/Color + Shading + BG
Art/Writing:
Turtle excitedly takes the spooky hallway, not thinking about the possible consequences
════════════
    My Info
    ♕ Zig / Jig / El
    ♕ they/them
    ♕ Feel free to send me a PM!
    ToyhouseCS UMA's
════════════

Zigzagoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby medimedes » Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:01 am

Username + id: RammuIsWeird
Chicoon Participating: Cupid
Choice: Spoopy
Word count/art size: clean color, shading, bg
Art/Writing: Image

Cupid runs ahead of Mystra, seeming excited, ready to explore! Until he came to the bend with the glow. He skidded to a stop and gently looked around the corner. He was very scared.
[right]chicken smoothie doesn’t bring me much joy anymore. I’m very inactive. Sorry[/center]
medimedes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ottercola » Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:10 am

Username + id: Ottercola [111526]
Chicoon Participating: [url=https://toyhou.se/16119104.zamper][Zamper[]/url]
Choice: Spooky Hallway
Word count/art size: 512
Art/Writing:

Zamper thought it was its normal walk today when he spots a familiar face. Its antenna glow blinks in excitement as it bounds unknowingly toward a new adventure with the local cryptid hunter of a chicoon again. It comes to a screeching halt just in front of her, scanning over all the camp and supplies she has scattered around her. "Hi again, Mystra!" it responds to her greeting, wagging his tail excitedly. It's face suddenly turns into a worried frown as she starts to explain, wings flapping nervously. "Oh you are on another hunt huh?" it takes a big flop of a sit onto the ground next to her. It eyes around the camp she's made for herself half listening to her story and the other half wondering what its about to get itself caught up in. It focused its attention on the map she's holding up, taking notes of the markings and symbols she's scribbled onto it. It peers around her toward the maze opening. "Blue stuff?" it asks "I try to avoid weird structures Mystra," it shuffles nervously to her bringing up a possible creature, "It's uh...safer that way." It gives a weak chuckle. It sits and thinks for a moment, She seems to be having a tough time and this weird maze seems to be rather important to her. It's not a chicoon to turn down another in need. "Alright," it says after a long pause." I'll help you again." It's antenna glow flickers again in its anxiety but it puffs its chest out to try to appear brave. "We can do this!" It follows her towards the imposing maze, a shiver going down its spine at the sheer ominous and feeling of dread it gives off. "Yeah...we can do this." They trek through the entrance, a heavy door crying out in wooden agony as they push it open, it slamming closed much easier than it opened. " Oh dear...that doesn't look good..." Zamper scans the door and knocks on the thick wood, it doesnt seem to budge at any pulling on its heavy iron knockers. It gulps heavily and gives up tugging on them, turning back to Mystra and giving an attempt at a light hearted shrug. "I guess were here now, the only way is well forward..." It scrambles behind Mystra as she leads them further into the maze, strange cracks in the stones of the walls, eerie noises unexplained, Zamper covers his eyes with his head wings, sticking close to Mystra as a guide and peering through its feathers. They finally seem to reach the fork Mystra mentioned before. Zamper sniffs at the air and tries to peer down each way. The well lit hallway looks inviting but it still cant seem to see too far down it. "So my choice huh?" It peers wishfully towards the well lit hallway, the warmth of the torches trying to comfort it. It gives a deep sigh before turning back and heading down the spooky hallway. "Were looking for monsters right?" it manages to squeak out. "Well this way looks...monstrous."
▪▪

▪▪

[Lottie|Pepper|Pup]
[ just a funny dog ]
[CS Toyhouse]
I'm a Chicoon Artist!

▪▪

ImageImage

Ottercola

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby miissingyou » Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:12 am

Username + id: Right Hand Man 842609
Chicoon Participating: Marvin
Choice: Normal Hallway
Word count/art size: 527 words
Art/Writing:

"Why am I here?! How did I even get here in the first place?!" Marvin said, running through the maze in a crazed panic. Now happened to be one of those horrible times where his absolutely garbage memory retention and sense of direction were truly a blight upon him. Marvin had positively no idea how he managed to find himself in this strange labyrinth, nor where in the maze he was.

"Is anyone here?! Can anyone hear me?!"

"I am. Hello there!"

Marvin turned, being greeted by the sight of another Chicoon. He sighed in relief, and tentatively approached the unfamiliar Chicoon.

"I'm Mystra. Have you ever noticed the weird blue glow in this maze? I think some kind of creature is causing it. I was tracking it, but this fork here had me stumped! Can you help me out? You can pick where we go first, it either went to this run-down hallway or over here--"

Before Mystra could finish their sentence, Marvin gestured for the Chicoon to follow him. If there were any way he could do so, he'd do everything in his power to buy himself time before he'll most likely inevitably see this strange and (probably) extremely horrifying creature. Marvin was never one for spooky stories or urban legends; they always positively terrified him. Especially the rumor about the evil Chicoon to the east back home...

"Listen, I don't know where I am or how I got here, but having someone with me is MUCH better than nothing." Marvin said, half to himself. Quite frankly, he was afraid. Very afraid. If there was some kind of creature here like Mystra claims, then at least two Chicoons are much better at fighting than only one. He continued to venture down the normal-looking hallway, hoping he would remain safe. Safe from the horrors that may lie within this maze. The silence began to feel almost suffocating, so Marvin decided he would try to engage in some small talk to help calm his nerves.

"So, uh... you wanna tell me about yourself while we look for this thing? Why are you here? What do you do?" Marvin inquired, very blatantly grasping at straws for something to fill the silent air of the maze.

"Oh, I'm a certified cryptid hunter! It's my job to figure out the mystery of this maze. I kind of got a little stumped, so I figured I would ask the first Chicoon I saw for some assistance. You were the first one I saw, so I had to get your attention somehow! Startling you was just a little bit of fun."

"Oh, I suppose that makes sense."
Marvin reasoned. "Hey, do you think maybe we could keep searching together for this thing if we don't find it down here? I don't exactly remember how I got here so I feel really nervous being on my own in here."

"Sounds good to me! I can always use an extra helping hand!"

"Cool. Lets keep going."
Marvin said, and then turned forwards, beginning to gain more confidence in not only himself, but in his ability to navigate this maze and solve this new mystery.
xx.xxxxxxxxxverna
ཐི❤︎ཋྀ i will be much better then ཐི❤︎ཋྀ
..xxxxxxshe/he/it ♡ adult
xx.xxxxxxpfp by valkry
x.we have lots of people blocked,
xxblock evasion will be reported
miissingyou

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rainbowpanda101 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:58 am

Username + id: rainbowpanda101 + 116794
Chicoon Participating: Max
Choice: spooky hallway
Word count/art size: 238 words (not including what you wrote for Mystra)
Art/Writing:

"Oh hello there!"

Max blinked as the words reached his ears. There was someone else in this maze? As he walked forward, he caught sight of a gray and green Chicoon sitting down in the middle of the hallway he'd been following. "Oh! Hi! I didn't realize there were others checking out the maze!"

The Chicoon's wings flapped excitedly. "I'm super glad you bumped into me actually! You see... I've uncovered a little bit of a mystery I guess you could say. As a certified cryptid hunter it's my job to uncover the hidden secret within this maze! But... uh well I'm having a little bit of trouble. I was wondering if maybe you would be willing to help me out?"

Max noticed the notes and map in front of the Chicoon. She'd started to map out the maze, leaving weird symbols on some of the hallways. "Well, they always say two heads are better than one!" He chuckled at his own joke. "What can I do to help?"

"You ever notice how there's this weird blue glow in the maze?" she asked.

Max tilted his head to the side. "I've seen it a few times, but I thought it was just my eyes playing tricks on me."

"Well... I'm like 90% sure that it's caused by some creature or something."

Max's eyes widened. "A creature?"

The other Chicoon nodded. "I've been tracking it though the maze. But I just lost track of it over at this fork!" Her wings drooped. "It either went down this really creepy rundown hallway... or down the well lit not super scary and intimidating."

Max looked at the hallways she indicated. The creepy hall was quite creepy. The other, not so much.

"I'll let you pick what way we go first... I'd rather stick together if that's ok."

He nodded. "Of course! I can't exactly help you if we're not traveling the maze together, right?" He took another look at the two hallways. "Well, if my earlier suspicions are right, whoever built this place may have hidden something inside, so they made parts of it super creepy to deter explorers. So...I think we should take the creepy hallway!"

Max led the way down the dark corridor, taking care to avoid the creepies and crawlies and not so fun looking stuff. As they walked, he said, "My name is Max, by the way. What's your name?"
🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
XXXXXXXXXX

female
Pisces
she/her/they/them
American
adult

ART SHOPXXXFURSONAXXXTOYHOUSE

Everyone wants happiness, nobody wants pain,
you can't have a rainbow, without a little rain

🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈☔🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈
XXXXXXXXXX

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
rainbowpanda101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby imabanditø » Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:07 am

Username + id: imabanditø 908562
Chicoon Participating: lime
Choice: normal
Word count/art size: clean line/color + shading + bg
Art/Writing: “i’m going this way!” lime said to mystra.
— cer/ceri | he/they
th | aroace/agender
my art shop! :D <3
imabanditø

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Loxosceles » Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:15 am

Username + id: Loxosceles 944066
Chicoon Participating: citrus !!
Choice: normal
Word count/art size: 549 words
Art/Writing:

Citrus found himself a little lost.

He had felt a bit lost ever since his cryptid hunting adventures in the summer. He had made a wonderful friend and uncovered mysteries he’d never thought he’d see in person, it was an incredible experience. Then, he went home. Camp Rhody wasn’t where he lived after all, it was just a summer getaway. A vacation.

But it meant he hadn’t seen Mystra since.

Not for lack of trying, of course. Citrus searched for her before he had to pack up and leave, when he got home he scoured the area, he even approached strangers in public to ask about a cryptid-loving Chinati enthusiast they may have met, but he found nothing. He had just about given up hope before he heard of the strange new maze that had appeared out of nothing. If he was going to find Mystra anywhere, it would be there.

So off Citrus went, towards danger, towards adventure, towards Mystra. Hesitating only for a moment outside of the maze entrance. He swallowed his fears and continued onwards, through the massive labyrinthe.

And so here Citrus was, completely lost and disoriented, in the middle of a nightmarish maze with no clue how to get out. He was finally starting to realize this may not have been the best idea.

Before he could think too hard about all the ways he could die or be killed in a place like the one he found himself in, he spotted two familiar wings poking out from behind a map.

“Mystra!” Free of his doubts and fears for a moment, Citrus bounded over to Mystra. “Mystra it’s- You are Mystra, right?”

Mystra peeked up over her research and made eye contact with Citrus, fluttering her wings.

“Mystra it’s me, Citrus! We-we met at Camp Rhody, remember? We-um, we went cryptid hunting together! You remember me, right?”

Citrus stopped to listen to Mystra, and scooted beside her to peek at the wide array of notes she had in front of her. He nodded attentively as she spoke and gestured, noting the blue glow, and turning to look at the paths she had pointed out. He shuddered a bit at the overgrown and broken hallway.

“Well if you’re having me choose… I’d say the nicer hallway seems less… Murder-y.” He stopped to help Mystra gather up her things and put the non-essentials away. “And-and of course we should stick together! Another adventure, right?”

The two made their way down the shiny hall, the floor was smooth and pristine under their paws. It was the most well-kept and oddly nice hall Citrus had seen so far in his time in the maze. It comforted him as much as having a companion by his side did.

Citrus turned towards Msytra as they walked, “yknow, I-uh, I looked all over Camp Rhody for you before I left… Couldn’t find you.” He abruptly turned to look at his paws instead. “I looked… um. Can we… make sure we hang out again? After this? You’re different from everyone else-in- in a good way! I like it and… I dunno. I’d like to see you more often than it takes for something mysterious to happen around here.” He chuckled, and glanced back at Mystra out of the corner of his eye.
ImageImageImage
Loxosceles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -roadkill-69- » Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:19 am

Username + id: -roadkill-69- 825808
Chicoon Participating:Qory
Choice: Normal hallway
Word count/art size: 221 words
Art/Writing:

Despite wandering around the maze for hours, there's still a pep in Qory's step. He's on a great journey. Qory has always wanted to be a brave night, defeating Villans, collecting treasure, and saving his very own princess! Lost in his thoughts he almost runs over a chicoon in his path. He nods to her before continuing on...wait! Another chicoon? He'd been alone for hours! Finnaly another friendly face, at least, she seemed friendly.

Mystra wrote:
Oh hello there!

I'm super glad you bumped into me actually! You see... I've uncovered a little bit of a mystery I guess you could say. As a certified cryptid hunter it's my job to uncover the hidden secret within this maze! But... uh well I'm having a little bit of trouble. I was wondering if maybe you would be willing to help me out?

Qory nods excitedly, that sounds like a quest!

Mystra shows you her notes and map. She's started to map out the maze, leaving weird symbols on some of the hallways.

Mystra wrote:
You ever notice how there's this weird blue glow in the maze? Well... I'm like 90% sure that it's caused by some creature or something. I've been tracking it though the maze. But I just lost track of it over at this fork!

It either went down this really creepy rundown hallway... or down the well lit not super scary and intimidating.

I'll let you pick what way we go first... I'd rather stick together if that's ok.

Qory had not, infact noticed the weird blue glowing... but that's alright! His first quest!.
He nods excitedly again, flapping his wings and stomping his paws before glancing down both hallways. Puffing up his chest he immediately starts towards the spooky hallway. Heros must brave spooky things after all.
One step... the lights seem to flicker...
Two steps... did you hear that?
Three steps... am I seeing things or are those shadows on the wall!?
Qory jerks, stumbling back into Mystra, who had begun to follow him.
Grinning sheepishly, he gestures his head back to the less scary of the two hallways. He can be brave in that hallway too! And besides, princesses don't like spooky, dark hallways do they. With that thought, he perks back up, falling in step with Mystra as they trot down the hallway.
-roadkill-69-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby emblo » Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:31 am

Username + id: emblo #275115
Chicoon Participating: memphis
Choice: normal hallway
Word count/art size: 503 words
Art/Writing:

memphis was starting to slow, growing worried after taking his seventh left turn. this whole place was starting to look the same, and he began doubting his left-turn-only method. he hadn't even seen another chicoon! how long had it been? just as he was debating whether or not he should turn around, he came across mystra. his excitement at finally having a maze companion quickly dwindled as he listened to her strange theories and gazed down at her map, trying to decipher the symbols on it. at this point, he longed for a rest, or maybe just a snack. if he'd have known how long and complicated the maze would be, he would have packed accordingly. those little gummy citizens from earlier were looking...no, he wasn't a monster. he refocused his attention on mystra.

"i don't know about this...my pal told me about your last cryptid hunt at the camp." while memphis had not gone to the event, kyto had told him all about it when he came home with the "lake monster." he glanced over the map once more as the other chicoon spoke about the blue glow and the fork in the path. he wasn't sure how he felt about her yet, but it would be nice to have someone else with him, even if she was a bit eccentric.

"alright, fine, let's see..." he eyed the creepy, rundown hallway, his wings lowering just imagining setting foot through there. while it did seem to be a place where a strange creature would hide, he wasn't sure he wanted to find this creature at all. mystra seemed to intent on finding it though...well, it wouldn't be his fault if he chose the wrong path.

left! that's right, he'd almost forgotten. he had to keep going left. he wasn't going to break his strategy this early. it definetly wasn't becuase that way held the well-lit hallway. he wasn't that much of a coward, he was just sticking to his original plan. he took a few steps in that direction, glancing back to mystra as he did. "i don't know about your creature, but i've been going left." he briefly explained his reasoning, suddenly feeling much better about the situation. "if we keep going the same way, there's no way we'll get lost." he seemed confident with his decision. hopefully, it didn't circle back to the other hallway. this maze was creepy enough as is.

he glanced at the walls as they walked, keeping an eye out for the blue glow. memphis had convinced himself it was just a special effect, but..how had this maze come to be in the first place? he wasn't sure anyone knew the answer. were there really creatures in here? it wouldn't be the strangest thing to happen thus far. he'd already run into a giant gummy worm, and it had worn a crown. memphis looked back to his new maze companion, wondering what sorts of things she had witnessed. maybe there was something to this blue glow afterall.
emblo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby martyy » Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:40 am

Username + id: Martyy + 972041
Chicoon Participating: Lantern