Re: πŸŽƒ orphan batch 31 - chatterfox

Postby Meridiem » Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:00 am

Ran out of time, good luck to everyone else!
Last edited by Meridiem on Fri Oct 21, 2022 4:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
------------------------------------------
Meridiem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spirit β€’ daydream » Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:12 pm

username + number :: APH Siantia + 659174
kalon name :: Autumn
prompt ::

The woods next to Alora Dorei were a dark and haunting place no kalon ever dared venture, especially on a night such as Hallow's Eve when dark magic was at its strongest. The stories said that an evil spirit lurked in the shadows waiting for the chance to snatch up an unsuspecting kal. Yet, there were those few who decided to brave the woods, not unlike the group of kals who had decided to try and brave the night on Hallow's Eve.

The group huddled together as they walked into the dark woods, some visibly shaking as others laughed through their fears. The sounds of the forest grew scarier as the kals made their way down the path. The loud hooting of owls and the snapping of branches made the group jump each time the sounds rang through the air; some even swore they heard a low growl coming from the shadows.

After what seemed like hours, they finally reached their destination, a small abandoned cabin often used as a rest spot for travelers, just in time before an unexpected storm began. They quickly made their way inside, lit a fire, and began to make small talk as they tried to get comfortable. Some of the kals, to ease their fears, made jokes while others sat there nervously, counting the minutes until the night was over. Many stories later, the group had forgotten that they were in the haunted woods until they heard a loud knock on the cabin door.

The kals went quiet and looked at one other. A knock was heard again. One of the kals stood up slowly, walked to the door, and opened it slowly. But all they saw was rain. They chuckled nervously and shut the door. One of the kals in the group suggested that it was probably just an animal. The group nodded in nervous agreement as they all shuffled closer to the middle of the floor.

After a few minutes, the group was able to get comfortable again. That is until the group heard a light tap tap tap on the window. They froze and whipped their heads to the window. The fire crackling was the only thing to be heard as the kals sat in frozen silence. The sound came again, tap tap tap. One kal suggested a branch hit the window due to the wind, but others were unsure. A kal sitting closer to the window stood up and slowly stepped towards it. The fire blew out as soon as they reached the window, causing everyone to scream in terror. A sudden flash of lightning followed by a loud boom of thunder made the group's terror that much worse. After a few seconds of terrified screaming, the group finally decided to leave and head back to their homes.

As soon as they finished packing their belongings and headed towards the door, it swung open violently. The roaring wind was deafening, but it did little to hide the cries of terror the group let out. They peered out the door, wondering if it was just the wind that had opened the door or something sinister, as the stories had insisted. The rain was coming down so hard that they almost missed two glowing lights from the woods. Looking closer, they realized they were eyes, two bright yellow eyes peering right back at them from the dark woods. A low growling came from where they sat, and a raspy voice traveled through the air, "I can see you...I can hear you...I'm coming to get you...."

The group screamed once again and bolted out any opening they could find opposite the door, trying their best to get away and run back to the safety of their homes. Once their screams had disappeared into the woods, the body the eyes belonged to stepped out of the shadows. An orange and brown kal couldn't help but howl with laughter as they thought of each prank they had accomplished. Walking up to the cabin, they closed the door and headed back to their home outside of the woods, not noticing a pair of glowing green eyes that watched them silently.

word count - [694/700]

----------

Place Information
    Alora Dorei - town next to Hisui's prison
    alt. name - The Dark City
      - a city near Hisui’s Prison full of criminals and dark mages

- due to its location, kalons started to say it gave bad luck and most relocated leaving mostly criminals, dark mages, and those either too scared or too poor to move

- when Hisui finally escaped from her prison, this was the first place she arrived at in order to recharge her magic and gather subordinates

removed toyhouse links
Last edited by spirit β€’ daydream on Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spirit β€’ daydream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ucanthandleme » Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:31 pm

username + number :: Ucanthandleme + 809102
kalon name :: Quiescent
Can you see the mirror?

For a laugh, a smile, a great big surprise. That is what he thought. Qui looked, looked at the empty picture frames, his face gone from all. His room vacant, all traces of his presence vanished from the home. All of it, all of him gone. His greatest trick yet. He had been fine tuning it for quite some time, the true trick of disappearing. Qui had always been a smart kit, inquisitive and bright; he wondered about space, time, and how the universe breathed its every breath. But he had one fatal flaw, he was detached. Detached from reality in a way. He watched the world through a foggy one sided mirror, and for some moments he wished to belong on the other side.

This is when it happened, a thought of adventure to break the glass boxing him in. He played tricks, lashed out, shouted at the world because only then did he feel like one of them, like he was seen by them. He then had a thought, a dangerous thought it was, a thought to test if he was really there. He'd play a trick. Removing his presence for the house he grew up in, on the family he held dear. He'd wait to see their faces of surprise as they saw all traces of him gone, then they'd laugh and call out to him and he would jump out from his hiding space to return to them again. A brilliant trick he thought, this time he would know for real, others saw him and he wasn't stuck on the foggy side of the mirror.

His plan went smoothly, very perfect in fact…to perfect. He watched as they came down the stairs, his mother, father and sister. They looked around for a moment, at the walls where his picture once hung, his chair where he once ate, the bedroom where he played, yet although he held his breath in suspense the surprise never came, laughter never rang out and words of where are you were never spoken. His father sat down at the table, his mother made breakfast and sister talked about what she would dress up as for trick or treating. He stood watching waiting, perhaps they were in on the trick. But it continued on.

Qui walked up, deciding to show his presence only to realize they truly couldn't see him. He panicked and tried to find his things to put back in their place but they were gone. He was gone. He could see the cloudy white mirror. He bawled, hot tears streamed down his cheeks as he looked at them, groveling on his knees begging to be heard, to be seen, to be remembered. Anyone, even just a singular word to acknowledge his presence. "The trick is over!" he screamed, yet his outburst was only met with cherry smiles, warm laughter, a happy Halloween. A trick on oneself; the most deadly trick of them all.

(498/500)

β˜†-------β˜†
Credit: Toyhouse
β˜†----------------β˜†
Storages:
My Kalons
For trade kalons
My kels
Profile avatar by m0thmonster
Sig art by stan. + Niluna + Morisakisan
Characters are owned by me.
Image ImageImageImageImageImage
β˜†-------------β˜†
Ucanthandleme

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LazzyTheLapis » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:32 am

username + number :: LazzyTheLapis #
kalon name :: Latte
"Justice served! Another thief caught red-handed! The sign says take ONE. I'm sick and tired of you 'smart' kiddos always taking the entire bowl, so let the other kits have some, will ya?"

(Kit in the hot-dog costume: Gayle)
(sorry for the poor quality, I had to resize the image to half it's original size)
Last edited by LazzyTheLapis on Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LazzyTheLapis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nermal1999 » Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:45 am

username + number :: nermal1999 (214589)
kalon name :: Cater
Halloween night was bustling with festivities, from roaming the pumpkin patch, to traveling through corn mazes, the unforgettable tractor ride, drinking apple cider! Candy!! Maybe getting a scare or two. There was just so many things to do, but there was one thing that couldn't be forgotten and that was the age old bobbing for apples!! Cater loved fall for a number of reasons and Halloween was one of those things, it was a night for fun and mischievous doings, and what better way to express the whole package than running an apple bobbing booth.

After all, when plunging your head into the water you're naturally going to close your eyes, so who's to say you'll "really" be biting into an apple.

Sitting happily on his stool, Cater greeted some happy kals that seemed to be enjoying themselves on this fair night. Giving a toothy grin he took their money and ushered them towards a big wooden barrel, and there floating around inside were vibrant red apples that shimmered as bright as rubies!!

Giving a mischievous chuckle, Cater watched as one of the Kalons dipped there head in, only to come back up coughing and spitting out water moments later with a disgusted look on their face .

"Yuck!! What is wrong with those apples? They're disgusting!! I feel as though my mouth is coated in onion juice!"

"Hehe, it seems you've found a trick rather than a treat!" Cater said, reaching into the barrel and pulling out the apple that was bitten into. "It appears that you found yourself a red candied onion!"
Turning the apple towards the Kalon, Cater gently pulled back a layer to reveal that it was in fact an onion. The kalon stood for a moment in shock before letting out a laugh.

Letting out another chuckle, Cater stepped toward his latest victim once again with a mischievous grin.
"care to try again?"
β—€
β—₯

Hello I'm nermal1999

β˜†----------β˜†

(She/her β˜† Adult β˜† dyslexic)

(PTSD, Anxiety, Depression,)

Anime, Manga, Video games, TWST.
β˜†----------β˜†
This is me | Kalons | Artfight

("You guys will be fine without me here, right?"Idia Shroud )
β—£
β—’

Δ±lΔ±lΔ±llΔ±β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬οΌˆγ€€β™«γ€€οΌ‰β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬Δ±lΔ±lΔ±llΔ±
nermal1999

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: πŸŽƒ orphan batch 31 - chatterfox : winner pg. 2!!

Postby khvoxtic » Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:57 am

omg, so many tricksters this halloween!! I had quite a time reading and looking through all the entries.
      thank you to everyone who entered, I hope ya'll are all doing well and enjoying the festive season.

I'd love to give a couple of HMs to Caeleesi, APH Siantia and Ucanthandleme,
      I thought your entries were super neat and I enjoyed each take on trickery ya'll brought to the table!

I'd also love to give a RU to sibylline,
      sometimes the simple pranks are the best ones and this was so charming to see amongst the pranks,
      I hope Augustus and Theodosia can be friends after that scare omg. I'll get the RU done as soon as I can.

And for my winner, I'd love to present this kalon to zatty!!
      Your entry was so charming, I love the play on their name leading into the slang for foolish. The commitment
      to the bit on Guā's part is such a mood, I too would sit and wait the whole night for a prank if I could. The art
      was also absolutely adorable and really tied the whole thing together. I hope Guā feels better soon !
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆβ–
β–ˆβ–
β–ˆβ–
β–ˆβ–
β–ˆβ–
β–ˆβ–
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
[Emersyn ⯁]
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
they/them | adult
β–·kals xβ–·dm me
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
Feel free to DM me here or on discord if you
need to get in contact with me for anything!

[@khvoxtic on Dis] always open for a chat!
khvoxtic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ucanthandleme » Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:38 pm

Congrats to the winner, ru winner and other Hm winner. Thank you also for the Hm.

β˜†-------β˜†
Credit: Toyhouse
β˜†----------------β˜†
Storages:
My Kalons
For trade kalons
My kels
Profile avatar by m0thmonster
Sig art by stan. + Niluna + Morisakisan
Characters are owned by me.
Image ImageImageImageImageImage
β˜†-------------β˜†
Ucanthandleme

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nermal1999 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:27 pm

Huge congratulations zatty for winning this lovely kit!!
And big congrats to sibylline for winning an RU! I can't wait to see what it looks like.
and lastly big congrats to all HM winners.
β—€
β—₯

Hello I'm nermal1999

β˜†----------β˜†

(She/her β˜† Adult β˜† dyslexic)

(PTSD, Anxiety, Depression,)

Anime, Manga, Video games, TWST.
β˜†----------β˜†
This is me | Kalons | Artfight

("You guys will be fine without me here, right?"Idia Shroud )
β—£
β—’

Δ±lΔ±lΔ±llΔ±β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬οΌˆγ€€β™«γ€€οΌ‰β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬Δ±lΔ±lΔ±llΔ±
nermal1999

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Caeleesi » Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:42 pm

tyvm! congrats winner!
Local Skeleton Queen
DA ||   || TH || Β©
κœ±α΄α΄α΄‡α΄›Ιͺα΄α΄‡κœ± α΄›Κœα΄‡ ᴍᴏᴏɴ α΄„α΄α΄α΄‡κœ± α΄α΄œα΄› α΄…α΄œΚ€ΙͺΙ΄Ι’ α΄›Κœα΄‡ ᴅᴀʏ
Β©
α΄˜Κ€α΄‡α΄ Ιͺᴏᴜꜱʟʏ α΄ Κ€Ιͺκœ±α΄‹α΄‡Κ™α΄€Κ™ Κ™)
Caeleesi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sibylline, » Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:23 pm

thank you so much for the runner up!! i'm so excited, but take your time!! :))

congratulations zatty! i love your entry :))

and congrats to the hm winners! this was a tough competition!!
It's coming like the sunshine // Rising in the morning
adult // wermz // dorks // my umas // toyhouse
sibylline,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me