Re: Stars #1300 - OPEN

Postby aglassman » Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:31 pm

Username: Aglassman
Cat Name: Ghost of Jupiter
Clan: Shattered StoneClan
Prompt:

StarClan is missing.

After the Great Stone at the heart of StoneClan camp was split by lightning, StoneClan's connection to their ancestors was shattered and the clan dissolved. Unbeknownst to the former StoneClan warriors, however, a being from among the stars chanced across the site of misfortune and discovered a startling truth: StarClan's hunting grounds were empty and its ghostly warriors missing.

Generations later, three young members of a newly-reborn StoneClan journey to a mysterious crop circle to investigate a message sent from the stars. There, they meet Ghost of Jupiter, who has tasked themself with guarding these earthly cats' hallowed ground until the day the ones would come who could reforge the tether to their afterlife.

StarClan is empty. And we're going to make it right.
Last edited by aglassman on Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
    " gardening goat gal . "
    moo/glass - she/her - adult
    th - stars - return

aglassman

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby vympyre » Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:34 pm

Username:
      Cat Name:
      Clan: (Please link)
      Prompt:

res AAAAAAAAA! 😍😍😍😍😍
    the spectre system - adult - all pronouns
    admin for goobies - toyhouse - my hubby

currently on hiatus!
    vympyre

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby Neku » Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:50 pm

Mark!
    ImageImageImage
    ImageImageImage
    Neku

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby coffee.berry » Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:46 pm

Username: coffee.berry
    Cat Name: Waterstone
    Clan: PeaceClan
    Prompt:

DROPPING OUT! I might find time and do this, but until then im out
    Last edited by coffee.berry on Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hii! i'm aya/vai <3 feel free to shoot me a pm, i don't bite!!
      status: really busy in real life so if i respond late, sorry <3
      © ~ she/her ~ toyhouse
    coffee.berry

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby ethium » Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:49 am

Username: ethium
        Cat Name: eclipsestrider
        Clan: elmclan
        Prompt:

Eclipsestrider was always different, but it wasn't this indifference that would be her undoing.. it was her heart.

Firstborn to Sequoiawing and Ravendust, Eclipsestrider was the pinnacle of a perfect child living in a loving, happy family. That is until she became an apprentice, and more troubling.. qualities, seemed to sprout from a once promising she-cat. Eclipsestrider showed no remorse or regret when she began to harm those around her, she revealed no emotion as her clanmates died, and showed no sorrow even when her father was killed. Sequoiawing grew to resent her firstborn, scared for the lives of the new litter she now carried, and scared for her own. But Eclipsestrider would not understand- could not understand, what made her so different from the rest. Why other cats seemed to shy away from her. They told her it was because she stalked like a predator hunting prey and spoke like it too, she always seemed to scheme or looked like she might snap at them. Maybe some of that was true, but for the most part Eclipsestrider only cared about one thing: herself.

Until along came palelight. Flashing that gorgeous smile and being the general opposite of Eclipsestrider, and by the ancestors was she smitten at first sight. Palelight was quite frankly the only light eclipsestrider ever needed, and all thoughts and doubts about the clan she grew in disappeared in the blossoming light the molly gave off. It didn't take long for the pair to hit it off, even with Eclipsestrider's oddities, Palelight seemed totally willing to overlook them, seemed willing to see a different side to the molly that not even Eclipsestrider felt she could see in herself.

It was a regular evening, and Eclipsestrider had made plans with Palelight to go out later, to see the firefly fields south of elmclan camp. As she approached the healer's den, she immediately noticed something was.. wrong. Silently, Eclipsestrider entered the medicine den, moving like the predator they all called her to be. She watched as palelight gave a funny look at the cat she was treating, and then gently slipped berries from nearby underneath a set of herbs she then fed to the unassuming cat. Eclipsestrider felt stuck in place, perhaps this was normal? But she would know the look of those berries anywhere, because they had passed them last week, with Palelight eagerly pointing them out to Eclipsestrider.

"Deathberries love!" she had purred, bounding over the bush and nudging it gently with her unsheathed claws. "Theres a reason we call them that because they're quite lethal in small doses, especially to kits. I'll come and clear the bush later, its a bit too close to camp for my liking." she had smiled, innocently enough, and the pair had continued their walk. Now Eclipsestrider was watching her kindhearted girlfriend slip them into an injured cat's meal as if it were nothing.. Palelight didn't say anything, didn't even seem to notice as Eclipsestrider gingerly left the way she came.

Palelight exited the healers den, a smile that felt unnatural to Eclipsestrider adorning her maw. "Come on! Don't want to miss the fireflies, sorry for taking so long- had to prep a solution for caracalfire, the dumb tom's always getting his paws tangled in some briar bush.." She chattered the whole way, seeming to snap back to the way Eclipsestrider had always known her, but the emotionless look on her face when she had slipped those berries.. the way she had settled back to watch with an expression akin to curiosity, it crushed any good feeling Eclipsestrider could have had. She did her best to smile and nod through it, encouraging her girlfriend as she always had, after all, it was best if Palelight didn't know what she had seen. It wasn't until a few days later, when the cat turned up dead at the edge of the territory, that Eclipsestrider felt her stomach tie into real knots.

The knowledge was pushed down.. until evidence of the deathberries surfaced, and Palelight was put under spotlight. As the only cat with continuous access to the bushes, she seemed the obvious culprit. For two days the clan questioned her, wearing the molly down with tireless questions on where she had been, what she had been doing. It was after one of these days that Palelight pushed herself into Eclipsestrider's embrace, her eyes damp with regretful tears.

"I did it." she whispered into Eclipsestrider's pelt, and it felt like a rock had just been dropped into Eclipsestrider's stomach.

There was the confession she wanted.

Eclipsestrider looked down at her love's face. "Why?" she asked, to which Palelight simply shrugged. "I don't really know, it was like some terrible urge within me. I felt nothing as I did it.. why do I feel something now?" she agonized. Eclipsestrider took in a shaky breath. "I'm going to confess tomorrow." Palelight whispered, mostly to herself, now looking at Eclipsestrider with her mind made up. "I will own up to my mistake." Eclipsestrider said nothing, but simply bid her love goodnight.

The next morning, Eclipsestrider plucked a daisy from a nearby clump, carrying it to the den in which Palelight was being contained, and gently set it by her sleeping form. Palelight didn't stir, but this was as much of a goodbye as Eclipsestrider was going to get. Gingerly she left the den and joined the crowd for the final day of summoning. She watched as Palelight approached Sequoiastar - Eclipsestrider's mother - and prepared to tell the clan all she had done.

It was at this point that Eclipsestrider stepped forward, letting her voice carry over the crowd.

"I did it. I killed him." she called out, loud and clear, to the outrage of her clanmates and the shock of her mother. Eclipsestrider's gaze focused on Palelight's, whose horrified expression was mirrored by Eclipsestrider's determined one. Palelight's secret was safe. Palelight was safe. Eclipsestrider lied for her love, and then turned and ran for her life.

[1,000 words ]
    Last edited by ethium on Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
    ethium

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby felid » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:38 pm

mark
    felid, noun: a member of the Felidae family

he/him - Dutch - avid reader - obsessed with hollow knight and typology
    felid

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby tula! » Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:43 am

mark
    tula!

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby espen. » Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:56 am

Username: quirky;
      Cat Name: Duskyrose
      Clan: LagoonClan
      Prompt: Duskyrose is a respectable Warrior. However, she has a personal secret she'd prefer to stay hidden.

There's another Warrior, Blazewhisker, who's heavier set...And also her step-brother. Now, don't Duskyrose wrong, he's amazing at his job, but just...such a dork. And all the other cats make fun of him, so she just plays along. She can't ruin her reputation. She'll be laughed at, humiliated. She's worked so hard for this rank...But, he IS kin...Duskyrose is conflicted between protecting her brother and protecting the image that others respect so very much...

Duskyrose watches as Blazewhisker sulks under the River Rock

[ 271 words ]
    A phrase floats around her head. Blood is thicker than water. Duskrose stops walking. A fellow Warrior asks if she's ok, but the she-cat doesn't hear them. Kin over anything else. She continues walking, her steps light and unsure.

Duskyrose watches as her half-brother curls up underneath the River Rock. He'd just returned from a Hunting patrol, which meant his daily dose of teasing and name-calling. A sleek Hunter walked by and snickered under her breath. Blazewhisker hissed, getting understandably defensive. A muscular Warrior trails the Hunter, calling out a hideously rude word to the orange tabby. Instead of the normal thorny retort, the tom shrinks back. A rage fired up in Duskyrose's stomach. Without thinking, she purposefully walked over to the cats.
    "Hey! You take that back. Apologize to him." The Warrior looked confused.
    "Why are you defending him? He's just a fat kittypet with no business being in the Clan."
    Duskyrose felt her fur fluff up. "That kittypet is my BROTHER. And you WILL treat him with respect." She growled. "Or you'll have to deal with me." Her stature loosened, giving way to a sly expression. "And I don't think either of us wants that. Especially since I know your little secret, mousebrain."
    The Warrior looked taken aback, as if the comment slapped him in the face. He regained his prior facade and just shrugged off Duskyrose.
    Content with her successful intimidation, the she-cat turned to her half-brother. Blazewhisker looked stunned. Absolutely stunned. The air turned tense and awkward, so Duskyrose just shrugged and replied to the silent question on his face with, "Blood is thicker than water, brother."
    Last edited by espen. on Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:09 am, edited 4 times in total.
    espen.

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby elliott. » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:49 pm

MARK MARK MARK MARK.

res. with keeping their parent's secret that they don't really believe in the tribe of forgotten past.
    elliott.

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby ICarinae » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:44 am

Username: -Everette-
    Cat Name: Castor
    Clan: Abyssal
    Prompt:

Crook heaved the bundle of fur, grunting from the strain of the limp package. The orange and black pelt left tracks in the fresh snow behind them. Crook was nearing the entrance to the cavern he called home, it wouldn't be much warmer here but it will do. He carefully lifted the mass down the steep wall of the entrance and onto the more level mossy floor. He sighed and set down his charge, relieved as the weight left his jaws. Crook laid down, his flank up against the other, and began to groom the life back into the mound. After a while, a large paw grasped, whiskers twitched, and a head slowly began to lift up. At this, Crook stood and stretched onto his toes until his spine quivered, then relaxed. "I didn't think you were going to make it," he padded around and sat facing the stranger," you were as cold as a corpse when I found you." "Ah." The strange cat began to struggle to a sitting position and weakly continued, "thank you, I got stuck in the snow I didn't realize..." "You are an odd one aren't you," Crook watched as the stranger took in their surroundings, then whipped around to face Crook with wide eyes. " I did it."

Crook opened his mouth to speak, but the stranger straitened themselves and continued. "Ah.. we..well," they searched for a place to start," Many moons ago, there we- Well you know, two clans destined for greatness, feel into petty squabbles, war broke out, mutual destruction. The same story told a thousand times by elders warning kits about hubris and all that." Crook nodded, trying to keep up with the strangers quickly increasing pace. " But the night before the final battle, one cat from each opposing clan had a dream to meet at this sacred tree stump that sat on the boundary between the clans. They both went and slept on the stump to communicate with the stars. Well, they agreed to.." they hesitated for a second then continued," to be brought together to continue on the clans' destiny and create me."
    "So.. umm.. they.. became your parents," Crook tried awkwardly to piece the story together.
    "No! No, they literally came together. Like, they melded into one...me.."
    "Uhh...I don't kno-"
    "But! But I was sent all this in a dream, along with a quest to find the next great clan and continue the prophecy. The afterlife said the next cat I would meet would be the leader of the next great clan!" Crooks head whirled, the cat's supernatural tale and their sudden insistence left Crook feeling highly skeptical. "And what exactly is this prophecy," he questioned, gauging the cat across from him. The stranger stammered, "I don't remember." Crook sighed, "Listen, I understand you have been alone for a long time, and you're confused fro-" "No! I..I'm fine, what I say is true! If you just communicate with the stars and receive your nine lives then we can figure out the rest!"
    "What you're say doesn't make sen-"
    "But! I-"
    "Listen to me! How can I possibly be what you're looking for. I'm not a leader, it's only you and me in this cave. Besides, you don't even know what it is I'm meant to do. None of this makes sense." Crook decided to leave out the ridiculous 'melding' and tried to argue with reason, but one look at the impatient cat told him it wasn't going to work. The stranger sighed loudly and thought for a few seconds before continuing on, "Okay, I get that this is a lot, but what harm does it do to just humor me. Just communicate with the afterlife, become a leader, and...and if nothing happens...I guess...I was..wrong." Crook watched the other cat that could tower above him, shrink to the size of a kit as they pondered being wrong.

Feeling pity for this cat and not wanting to send them back into the cold, Crook sighed, "Listen, I'll communicate with the afterlife once the clouds clear up. There is a reflecting pool here," he flicked his tail to a shallow pool against one wall. "I'll listen to what they have to say, if anything, directly." The stranger perked their ears excitedly. "But I will not receive the gift of nine lives from them." The cat stared in shock for a moment, "You would deny the stars' blessing! How could you! To be so disrespectful..." Crook barked a short laugh, "It wouldn't be the worst I've done to disrespect the afterlife. Besides one life is enough for me. I've faced many things in my short time, and I can tell you, I want my time to come naturally."

The stranger glanced over Crook's ragged pelt and many scars. After a time, they slowly nodded, "Okay, but once other cats find us, they can't know that you're so vulnerable." They nodded more rapidly now, seeming to have come to a conclusion, "This will be kept between us." Crook smiled at the self-assured cat in front of him. They were secluded in the mountains, Crook hadn't seen any cat since he found this place, but the energized look in the strangers' eyes told him not to crush their spirit.

Crook suddenly paused for a second, then asked, "What is your name by the way?" The cat faltered for a second, "oh..uh, I don't remember..." They laughed nervously at their shortcoming. Crook pondered, skepticism again rushed into his mind, but he pushed it back. Crook scratched absently at his ear, "Well hmm... two...omen... how about Castor?" The cat struggled to follow the thought process, "I don't know what it means, but I like the way it sounds!" "It's an old tale," Crook purred in amusement, "I'll have to tell you I suppose, settle in Castor." "Right!" Castor purred loudly at the sound of their new name and laid down in a compact shape. With new excitement filling the air, Crook began to tell Castor his story.
    (1000/1000)
    Last edited by ICarinae on Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
    x
    x

---------------------------
    So if your wings
    won't find you heaven/
    I will bring it down
    like an ancient bygone

Euclid -Sleep Token
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    xxxxxxxxxxxx

He/They

adult | trans | inactive
    (gender neutral)xxxxxxxxx
    digital artist/seamstress/learning much more...
    with a bit of writing on the side

xxx
    Kalonsxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    ICarinae

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me