My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Lambicorn #394 - Desert Sands

Postby Furrydogs12 » Thu May 20, 2021 6:09 am

I'd like to adopt!
Username: Furrydogs12
Name: Gene
Concept: Gene is a secret genie, he enjoys testing to see who is nice and who is not. This little genie lives in the Sahara Desert. He gives one wish every 30 years, and always to one who he thinks deserves it. He is a very kind bud, sometimes using a little bit of magic to make someone's day better. On weekends he watches the children play and it always puts a smile on his face. He sometimes sleds down dunes on carpets for entertainment. If there is a thief or smuggler he will teach them a lesson.... or two....
Furrydogs12

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Breezeyheart » Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:43 pm

I'd like to adopt!
Username: Breezeyheart
Name: Anuvis (meaning "Blessed by God")
Concept: Former thief aka "reformed" troublemaker.
Personality: Confident, bold, daring and capable. An dynamic and efficient energy radiates from Anuvis on a regular basis. It is rare for him to seem like he doesn't have everything under control, even if all his plans don't go exactly as they should, causing complete and utter chaos to unfold around him. Strangers tend to label him as a troublemaker, while those who know him personally are proud to call him their friend and ally. He isn't exactly a troublemaker nowadays per say, the reality is that trouble tends to follow him where he goes; sometimes he inadvertently is the cause of this trouble, while other times he just happens to be there when the chaos unfolds and rarely; he causes the chaos on purpose. He was once a thief and chaos helped him survive those dark times when he was just barely surviving by distracting those with plenty to eat. So naturally sometimes Anuvis tends to revert back to his old habits by embracing the chaos; while other times he tries to repair whatever it was that he had planned out.

Adventurous, outgoing, curious and energetic; Anuvis is a free spirit. He loves change, adventure, excitement, freedom; and like a bird that needs its wings to live, he cannot exist without it. Freedom is the nucleus around which his life revolves around. He needs it for his very survival. In fact; he has a tendency to get too anxious and stressed out if he isn't allowed to roam or express himself in some form. By using freedom properly, he is able to explore and develop all of his varying talents; leather crafting, alchemy, magic, slight of hand. Being a traveler at heart, he tends to meet many types of creatures; lambicorns among others and travel great distances.

Anuvis values courage, loyalty and effort in the face of difficulties and these qualities show through quite obviously in his actions towards others. He tends to stick by his friends through thick and thin, the hard times and the good times. He believes that if you become friends with another, you should always be there for them, especially when they truly need you the most. Protective, stubborn, reckless and hot tempered, he doesn't take threats lightly and tends to resort to violence quite easily if provoked. On the hoof; he highly dislikes being blamed for something that he did not do and doesn't enjoy conflict for the most part. He would much rather have the advantage of strength in numbers in those type of situations.

Anuvis prefers to live a stable, well organized life or as much as a Lambicorn can with all the many challenges and changes that life can throw at you. He tends to dislike sudden and abrupt changes and prefers as much orderliness in as many things as possible, but a little chaos now and then never hurt anyone. (0w0) He has a systematic mind that is reflected in almost everything that he does, although his plans tend to not go exactly as planned. He has an established and well maintained routine; tending to do certain activities and chores in a specific order by following his to-do list. He also keeps his items and personal belongings arranged by either color, alphabetical or numeric order. And he has a tendency to be exacting with details and quite thorough when it comes to most things; however mistakes often happen and chaos tends to unfold whenever he is around. Despite this; Anuvis can easily "go with the flow" and improvise on the spot if needed. He much prefers to carefully analyze a problem, however and then tackle it in an logical and practical approach if possible. He often feels like he makes a fool of himself when his plans go awry.

Anuvis can be quite sarcastic and even down right negative at times; basically he's can be a bit unpredictable. However deep down, the thing that Avunis secretly desires the most, even over treasures and fame, is to be dependable and trustworthy, a true friend, a rock of strength and an example of discipline for others.

His biggest mistake
Anuvis wasn't always well-known for thievery; as a young Lambicorn he used to try his best to keep his paws clean, so to speak. He didn't have many friends growing up, save for one Lambicorn by the name of Talia. One day, he went out into his hometown's local market square which consisted of several streets, including a large courtyard with many different shops and restaurants. Anuvis wasn't there for just any reason, he was searching for the perfect gift for his best friend; Talia. He searched far and wide until something in a shop window caught his attention and caused him to be overwhelmed with delight. A gorgeous, vivid, deep teal colored shawl with golden sun themed patterning and red tassels. Staring through the window at the shawl, Anuvis dreamed about how good she would look wearing it and knew that he just had to get for her! No matter what it took and no matter what trouble getting it got him into. First he would try to get it through honest means and so he entered the clothing boutique and approached the checkout counter, which was manned by a friendly brightly colored Lambicorn cashier. "Welcome to my clothing boutique! Feel free to look around." The cashier stated with a welcoming smile. "I would like to know how much the red shawl in the window costs, please" Anuvis replied, pointing the shawl that had caught his eye mere moments ago. "Let me check the price for you." The cashier stated in reply, looking at a small computer screen and tapping her hooves on a keyboard. "... It costs 200 gold coins. Are you sure that you can afford to purchase it?" She added after a short period of silence. "Oh.. I see." Anuvis said in a low disheartened tone and drooping his large ears sadly before leaving the boutique.

'I have to get that shawl for her! Sure there is someway that I can do it' He thought determinedly before returning home. Anuvis spent the next two days thinking of ways that he could earn that money. He tried getting jobs. He tried going door to door offering to do odd jobs or cleaning or small repairs, anything really. He even tried singing on street corners as he seen other lambis do. He was starting to lose sleep, afraid that someone else would buy it first. After all, all of his effort had only yielded 12 and a half gold coins so far. He came up with a relatively good plan, sure it was brilliant in concept but yet it was also very foolish.

It was time to use nefarious means to require the shawl that he so desired. Anuvis waited until another Lambicorn approached the boutique and closely followed behind them as they opened the door and walked inside. Anuvis looked around innocently at his surroundings, there was many lavish accessories and clothing hung on racks in rows as well as shining pieces of jewelry housed within several display cases. He was tempted to look closer at the jewelry, but he would not be detoured from his goal. That shawl would be Talia's! Anuvis snuck towards the window display, inching closer and closer to the red shawl. Suddenly his paws grabbed ahold of it and brought it close to his chest, where he held it tightly as if it was a comforting blanket. Someone entered the shop and Anuvis saw his chance. He bolted through the doorway as alarms went off, in his head, loudly as he left in great haste. Anuvis rushed past stall and store fronts, galloping and panting. He was getting away with it!

Ducking behind a large restaurant to catch his breath, he grinned with delight only to notice there was an anti-theft tag clipped into the shawl. The tag was the kind that released black ink when robbers attempted to remove it, but this did not discourage him in the slightest. Anuvis sat behind the restaurant and pondered on how to remove the anti-theft tag safely. After thinking long and hard for awhile, he came up with a solution to his new problem. He would use his tail to shield the shawl from the inky blast. When he got home he slipped the tip of his tail between the shawl and the tag and carefully he wiggled a few homemade tools behind the tag until he heard a soft click and the tag fell onto the pavement below him. The shawl was free! However there was a large spreading ink splotch on the tip of his tail. Quickly he pulled the shawl out. It was okay! His heart skipped a beat. Then he looked at his tail. He shrugged his shoulders "Awe, it'll grow out". But you know the strangest thing? His tip has been black ever since.

When he gave the shawl to Talia she could not have loved it more. As a matter of fact she went to the store and bought him a matching one. The teal with gold designs and red tassels that he wears all the time now. (What he doesn't know is that Talia knew exactly what had happened. When she went to the boutique she not only bought his shawl. She made arrangements with the owner to pay for the one her "no name friend" had forgotten to pay for earlier. This is something that she had to do a couple times since then but she never lets him know as she comes from a rich family so it is no imposition to her to do it for him.)
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage
╭━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╮
Bri or Breezey for short if preferred.
♋ - Year of The Tiger - She/Her Pronouns.
- Fursona: Starbug the angel snowshoe siamese cat. (He was made in memory of my cat seen to right) I love many different aesthetics; video games, TV series, movies, books & collecting/art!
━━━━━━━━Links━━━━━━━━
Image Image♥My Tsuii~ ♥My Character Thread~ ~My DragonCave♥
Breezeyheart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby VashTheStampede » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:09 am

I'd like to adopt!
Username: MeepMorpLazuli
Name: Benji
Concept:
Given that Albi lives in the desert, I'd absolutely see him coming across Benji there. Perhaps Benji is traveling across the land, looking for help for their village, only to end up needing help for themselves when they've run out of water. Things aren't looking for good them, and Albi has been watching them for quite a while. What else is he to do with his most loyal friend is away?

Benji's steps only get slower and slower as exhaustion takes hold of them. It isn't until they collapse with a puff of sand around them that Albi would finally come out of hiding to help them. Can't let them see the way to his pyramid, now can he?

Having picked up the smaller Lambie, Albi treks across his land with ease. It takes him mere hours to travel the empty vast of sand where it would take any other days, should they survive the trip. Every grain of sand, Albi is familiar with, as if he knows the history of each one.

Once to safety, Benji stays unconscious for three days before finally waking up to the sight of Albi easing water into their mouth. Dehydration had been what took many others out, and Albi wasn't going to let that happen to this one. That would be something Benji would never forget.

------

From that little blurb, I'd absolutely have Benji join Albi and the gang in the desert. I can see them being their merchant, or maybe help them with scavenging!
Last edited by VashTheStampede on Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

ImageArt shopImageLF artImage
/ Vash / He/Him /
VashTheStampede

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rem sleep » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:02 am

I'd like to adopt!
      Username: rem sleep
      Name: moniko
      Concept: moniko is a desert traveller who spends his days traveling with his brother, domaiah. they were raised by a pair of loving folks in a small desert village, but decided to set out from home and blaze their own path. moniko was enticed by the riches he saw coming into their village on trade caravans and wanted to see the world they came from. he was filled with an ambition for exploration, discovery and, most importantly, discovering new riches. domaiah had always been curious about the sea-- a thing he'd heard about only in the pages of fantasy books before. domaiah decided to come with moniko on his quest to become a traveling merchant in hopes of being able to finally see the ocean blue. the two wandered for a long while before they really began to see any success. moniko started out selling traditional artwork and jewelry from his home village and found that sales were slow to almost dismal. there were many nights early on where the brothers had to harvest water from cacti and hunt for small lizards and desert hares at night so they could eat. it was rough, and the boys weren't sure if it would be worth it... but nevertheless, they persisted, even though it was hard.

moniko managed to bump into an affluent traveler with a good cultural mind on his shoulders-- though no one knew it because the wealthy man was dressed down like a common person. moniko talked up his wares as usual, trying to coax and persuade the buyer into a purchase. he didn't expect even remotely that when the man made one purchase that he was going to make practically a couple dozen more. the wealthy man was quite smitten with the unique art style of moniko and domaiah's village, and practically bought the two out of wares. domaiah kept a couple for himself to keep close to his heart, and with the newfound resources moniko was able to buy them a lot more wares and supplies that they could sell, and better travelling equipment for the brothers themselves. they set out again, stronger than ever, ready to pursue their goals,

moniko's merchant business began to thrive, but as time passed domaiah wondered if his brother had forgotten his dream. the two had a talk about it over a campfire one night that escalated and got out of hand. moniko felt that domaiah was asking him to abandon his own dream, something he felt he couldn't do because it was going so well-- while domaiah felt that his brother's insistence on pursuing his own goal over his brother's was an act of pride and avarice. fed up with the bickering, domaiah bid his brother farewell to take a walk in the cool desert night.

it was the last time moniko saw his brother, though he didn't know it would be at the time.

domaiah never came home. it had been a couple hours before moniko started to worry, and by then it was too late. he sifted all the sand in the desert and turned up nothing. he ran throughout the night, yelling his brother's name, and found no one. moniko had to carry on... alone. he never stopped looking for domaiah, though. sometimes he thought he saw him weaving through the crowds of the villages he'd visit-- but he could never catch up in time to see him. moniko persisted, and tried to do what he set out to do, but... with an added goal. he would see the ocean... for his brother's sake. he'd find a token to bring back and give him, as proof and as a gift to beg forgiveness.

it took years before moniko finally had the money and time to, but he did make it to the ocean like he'd wanted. now his merchant business was everything he wanted it to be. he'd seen so much and done so much that he felt completely and totally satisfied-- he had become the most well-known merchant in the red sands and had done his best to discover and create. this ocean journey... was a sort of end. it was the last thing he had to do before he had done it all. and it was the most gut-wrenching thing he had ever done. he was... nervous, beyond nervous. he'd put it off because he was nervous about what he'd see on the other side. what would he do when it was all over? how would he proceed now that domaiah was gone? he'd been pushing those hard feelings away and not dealing with them, and going to the ocean meant they were catching up with him after all...

moniko parked his caravan and wandered to the shore of the faraway beach. it was the first time in his life he'd seen water all the way to the horizon line, stretching out as far as he could see. he approached it slowly, uncertainly, and began to walk along its coast, looking for... something. a shell, a sand dollar, whatever it was the ocean had to offer-- he'd take it so he could stand a prayer of making it up to his brother. over the years moniko had realized how selfish and money-hungry he had become-- how he'd lost focus of his original goal of adventure and how he'd let a profit margin cloud his vision. he had forgotten his brother, and he felt wretched about it. he'd spent the past couple years trying to fix the damage he'd done, at least, as much as he could.

he found an opalescent shell, and carefully picking it up in his paws, he raised his eyes to the beach again.

domaiah was sitting beside him on the coast.

"I was waiting for you," domaiah said.

it took moniko a moment to figure out what he was seeing. he wiped his eyes, and gawked at the brother he was sure he lost.

"It took you long enough," domaiah's tone lightened, and he chuckled with an easy air. "I forgive you, by the way."

moniko embraced his brother, and feeling the warm fur was reassured that this was not, in fact, an oasis illusion-- but a real flesh and blood miracle. tears moniko had been holding for years poured out as he embraced his brother once again, muttering sobs of apologies into his shoulders.

the two brothers reunited once again, and decided to retire and live on the beach's shore. moniko and domaiah spent the rest of their days there, taking visits home sometimes in moniko's caravan. they watched the shore, collected shells and made art together. it was a serene and peaceful life.
the wolf ever !!! wrote:Image
♥ ♥ ♥
rem sleep - they / them
nocturnal artist, socially awkward
♥ ♥ ♥
umasstorkies
closed species bank
♥ ♥ ♥

above art by .wafflecat. !!
rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:07 am

I was playing d&d and forgot to close this buttt it’s officially closed for judging!!
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:19 am

Alrighty this took me a while to judge bc you all had such amazing entries!! I had so much fun reading through all of them and I'm honestly so happy that you all love this lambie as much as I do <3
First and foremost, the winner is Breezeyheart! I adored the character concept and story you had <3 Enjoy Anuvis!!

I wish I could make a lot of RUs, but I lack both the time and wrist ability to do so at the moment so I will be awarding MYO tokens instead!! Go make those awesome character concepts real folks <33
Takura., MeepMorpLazuli, and rem sleep will be awarded 1 Classic MYO token each! I loved your various stories and character concepts. Refer back to this post when redeeming your token <3
Hi there!
I'm WitchHazel; your friendly neighborhood witch. You can call me Hazel for short c:
I use she/they pronouns

TH

BLM <3
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby VashTheStampede » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:59 am

Congrats, Breezeyheart! If you'd like to use the art i made on TH, just credit my TH, NewtPrince, and add Albi as a character if you wouldn't mind ♡

ImageArt shopImageLF artImage
/ Vash / He/Him /
VashTheStampede

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Breezeyheart » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:09 pm

Thank you so much!♡ I had a lot of fun developing a concept for Anuvis. ^~^ I can't wait to develop him even further by gathering more relationships for him through roleplay or other means.

I would love to use the art that you made, MeepMorpLazuli. I'll be sure to credit you and add Albi to it when I submit it to Anvuis's gallery. Anuvis and Albi could still become friends through other means that would work with what is happening in your artwork.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage
╭━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╮
Bri or Breezey for short if preferred.
♋ - Year of The Tiger - She/Her Pronouns.
- Fursona: Starbug the angel snowshoe siamese cat. (He was made in memory of my cat seen to right) I love many different aesthetics; video games, TV series, movies, books & collecting/art!
━━━━━━━━Links━━━━━━━━
Image Image♥My Tsuii~ ♥My Character Thread~ ~My DragonCave♥
Breezeyheart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me