Re: ⟡ fnk kak: tasks ⟡ key design form

Postby Wolf Shadowstalker » Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:49 am

⟡ i designed my myo's key ! ⟡

id + username: #36504 Wolf Shadowstalker
    link to sign-up post: Here!
    key description:
    The key gleams with a dark gray, metallic sheen. Tilting it causes parts of the key to gradually shift from a dark gray to a vibrant, metallic green. At moments, at juuust the right angle in a perfect patch of sunlight, the key becomes fully engulfed in the vibrant green with the faintest hints of dark gray outlining its shape. In these brief, breathtaking moments, the key gives off a glow seemingly brighter than the sunbeam it's displayed in, almost as if the key is giving off its own light rather than reflecting that of the sun. 

For the key's size, the metal it's made of feels lighter in weight than expected. It feels like it would crumple under the slightest amount of force just as aluminum would. However, as shown by the key's near mirror shine, not a single blemish can be found on its surface. Not even the smallest scratch or dimple disrupts the brilliant, crisp, highlights on the key's metallic surface that follow its shape to a T.

Two small charms dangle off the handle end of the key. Both are a curved teardrop shape like those seen in paisley designs, though not as curled on the pointy end. A short, silver thread attaches each of them by the base of their rounded ends. 
    One charm is made of a thin but sturdy metal foil, tinted green by a light coat of plasticy looking paint, and while shiny, not nearly as shiny as the key itself. The foil is crimped in a manner that closely resembles the veining of a cedar elm leaf. Out of the two teardrop charms, it is shorter and stouter in shape.

The other charm is roughly two times longer than the foil charm, and rather than foil, it's made of smooth, glossy, bottle-green glass. Similar to the crimping on the foil charm, the surface of the glass charm is dimpled in a manner akin to the veining on a leaf. Though with the glass charm's more elongated shape, the lines make it look more like a feather rather than a leaf.
    Lastly, draped and looped around the key is a long, singular strand of beads. The beads themselves are deceptively simple, small spheres barely bigger than grains of sand made of clear, uncolored glass. However, in the same moments the key flashes entirely in vibrant green, the tiny glass beads catch the light of the same sunbeam and become spectacles of their own. Each little bead sparkles in a multitude of colors, quickly blinking at the slightest of movements between pick, blue, purple, yellow, orange, and, only in rarest moments, green . Funnily enough, when unraveled from the key the strand of beads never makes this same spectacle even when held in the same light that is turning the key green. Only when the two are wound together do they truly seem to shine. 

You would think something so precious would be locked in a glass case to show off to those passing by, but the key will only remain a simple dark gray with plain glass beads until the spark of interest and exploration brings it out into the sun.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Wolf Shadowstalker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ⟡ fnk kak: tasks ⟡ key design hub

Postby Kitsune. » Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:54 am

⟡ i designed my myo's key ! ⟡

id + username: #577255 Kitsune.
    link to sign-up post: Peep!
    key description: Vy's key was nothing special; the metal shimmered a brilliant blue, the color of sunlight in ocean water, the color of a human’s eyes, the color of a thunderstorm-bearing sky. It’s main feature was its weight, which lagged significantly behind the weights of most keys. Vy’s key was not only lightweight, but in fact completely weightless, hovering as the creature it was tied to did. If one was to hold the key, it would sit almost imperceptibly within their palm, barely grazing their skin. If they removed their palm from under Vy’s key, however, it would simply continue to float in the place it was once held in, listing ever so gently to and fro as if by an unnoticeable wind. If one were to examine Vy’s key more closely, which Vy would simply not allow, they would notice that the surface of the key is almost translucent, and the brilliant blue shimmer comes from within the key instead of from its surface. The ring of Vy’s key has a few scant feathers, incredibly soft and fuzzy. The feathers are a pure white and, directly in the center of the ring, a dangerous, blood red patch of feathers. The contrast of the red and white feathers matches the contrast and palette of Vy’s own chest feathers. If one was to be in possession of the key for a long enough period of time, they might notice that the key emits a quiet coo-ing every so often, accompanied by a gentle vibrating of the key, as if it's the voicebox of the key producing the luxurious sound. However, it's near impossible to have Vy’s key for such a stretch of time, as she guards it very jealousy, as she does with most things in her life. Vy’s key is always polished and pristine, the feathers always aligned perfectly on its ring. The key is kept in a special case painted like a beautiful sky. The mix of blues are clearly watercolor, yet the clouds are sloppy enough that it's clear that Vy must have painted it herself, a talent held by few flox. The box is kept in Vy’s large room along with an extensive menagerie of other trinkets and knick-knacks. Vy’s collection is extensive, coming from many continents, cultures, and time periods. They are stuffed in every nook and cranny of her velvet covered room, along with hung tapestries, posters, and other objects of high value. Most things in her room are quite expensive and treated as such; they are dusted daily, polished, and rotated about the room to avoid the sun. Her key is housed in a corner of the room created as a shrine to it; sky-themed objects surround it, while the wall is painted in the same style of Vy’s keybox, sky and clouds. The rest of the room is a long sky scene, transitioning from a clear blue daytime sky to a purple dawn to a pitch black night speckled with stars to an orange dawn.

XXXImage
kitsune / kit ; ♀
► always open to trades / pms
► doing the college thing
► currently reading : guardians of ga'hoole

XXXImage

XXXXXImage
Kitsune.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery