Re: [ Cottontail #168 - Northern Lights ]

Postby acadicus » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:34 am

sleepyspaniel wrote:
Username: sleepyspaniel
Name: Aurelia
Prompt:

Under the dawn of a milky, lavender twilight with a tinge of passionate pink, Aurelia was sprinting through the tallest stems of fireweed. She hadn't even climbed over the steep, craggy hills, and her fur was already tangled in knots! With a dash of excitement in every eager hop, she finally approached the top of her favorite cliff, with a soft grin to meet the Moon.

"Oh, Moon, I think I'm ready for my bedtime story!" she purrs through her teeth.

Hidden under the blanket of the Aurora's glow, the Moon bellowed a hearty laugh. Each night, this tiny Cottontail always returns from her small town shop, where she sells yarn and blueberry jam, to her absolute favorite spot to spend the night and hear the whimsical tales of the constellations. Some days, the Moon believes her paws must be too tired to race across the dry tundra, but she always makes it just in time. She believes it's the perfect overlook: the cliff reveals an inspiring, vast, open sky, and hidden in the shade is her comfortable nest of pine needles and Musk Ox wool.

The Moon hums a lullaby, and the stars become alive with a brilliant shine. Cancer scuttles across the horizon, along to the tune of the warm roars of bears Ursa Major and Ursa Minor. Pegasus's wings dot the sky, the hooves of the Centaur echo in the wind, and the trickles of water that Aquarius brings highlights the violet and teal beams of the Northern Lights.

Aurelia's days are always finished in awe as she falls asleep to the stories of song, and the Moon quietly plays his orchestra of light in her dreams. When the night's just nearly over, and the dawn's hues of sundae yellow and sweet, tangy orange begin to paint over the horizon, he whispers her a kind "Good Morning", yet is already ready to greet her the next night.

(as someone from Alaska, this made me deeply miss the tundra, i sincerely thank you for the chance at this beautiful design ♥)

So sorry for the long wait! Congrats <3
acadicus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me