Re: Kalon #1852

Postby Lex. » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:20 am

username: Lex.
Name: Bay

res? idk if imma have time c':

xx
lex // any pronouns // lion lover // 10/21
    What you gonna do when you get out of jail?
    I'm gonna have some fun
    What do you consider fun?
    Fun, natural fun

I'm in heaven
    With my boyfriend, my laughing boyfriend
    There's no beginning and there is no end
    Time isn't present in that dimension

-;; tom tom club

Lex.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ₊˚ʚ꒷ ₊˚Mallow₊˚ ‧₊ » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:38 am

username: Mallow Milk
Name: Sillolena
ImageImageImage

ImageAs Sillolena looked up at the moon she wondered, Image
Image"Little moon who shines so bright in the midnight, Image
Image one day I'll come up to you so you don't be lonely anymore."

StayArmy
Studying to be a marine biologist
I love miraculous Ladybug, K-dramas,
photography
Anime, Manga, Nature, k-pop

Taking a hiatus from cs, only active for kalons/art
TH Kalons Art Shop ©
"Dreams come true to those who truly want them"

₊˚ʚ꒷ ₊˚Mallow₊˚ ‧₊

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gamingerve31 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:41 am

username: Gamingerve31
Name: Selene
Gamingerve31

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nio » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:09 pm

mark!
sun !! he/she/they/any — adult awst cs th
art queueicon cred
𓆟 𓆝 𓆟

semi-hiatus! focusing on bettering my health ^o^
nio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raw_Silver_Studios » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:42 pm

♥𝓥𝓮𝓷𝓾𝓼 ♥

❤ " Named after the Roman goddess of love and beauty. As the second-brightest natural object in the night sky after the Moon, Venus can cast shadows and can be, on rare occasion, visible to the naked eye in broad daylight. Venus lies within Earth's orbit, and so never appears to venture far from the Sun, either setting in the west just after dusk or rising in the east a bit before dawn." ❤-wiki

♥ "𝐻𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶 𝓅𝑒𝓇𝓈𝑜𝓃𝒶𝓁𝒾𝓉𝓎 𝒶𝓈 𝓁𝒶𝓇𝑔𝑒 𝒶𝓈 𝒶 𝓅𝓁𝒶𝓃𝑒𝓉,

𝒷𝑒 𝓂𝓎𝓈𝓉𝑒𝓇𝒾𝑜𝓊𝓈 𝒶𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓂𝑜𝑜𝓃,
𝒷𝓊𝓉 𝓂𝑜𝓈𝓉 𝒾𝓂𝓅𝑜𝓇𝓉𝒶𝓃𝓉𝓁𝓎...

𝓈𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑒 𝒷𝓇𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓃 𝒶 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓇 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊'𝓁𝓁 𝑔𝑜 𝒻𝒶𝓇." ♥

-Venus

❤Real name: Trey
♥Alias: Venus
❤Gender: Male
♥Zodiac Sign: Leo, (Chinese) Ox
♥❤♥Moodboard: Click me (っ◔◡◔)っ ♥

❤Personality:
Trey comes off as a diva with a big heart who's living in the 80's, but hes just a proud dork who loves pink bubble gum and soft music.

Trey is a loving individual who has sass when he wants too. He's bold, intelligent, and courageous. A bundle of joy to be around and there's never a dull moment as he likes to keep things fun for everyone.
As a fire sign, he's a natural leader of the Zodiac, ready to blaze a trail, vanquish injustice, and make a name for himself along the way. Blessed with high self-esteem, Lions know that they possess enviable traits—and they're proud of them. Trey knows his best qualities but he won't showcase them to bring others down or show them up, that's not cute.

♥Likes:
Things that are cute or sparkle.
Pastel colors. With the exception of sliver and black, cause everything goes with black.
Fruits sliced into shapes or cute animals.
His stuffed animal bunny, Peaches.
Dancing and being the life of the party.
He likes wearing his favorite pair of aviators.
He loves cake and bumble gum. He's got a huge sweet tooth but it also has to be cute looking.
He likes naps.
He loves swimming! He'll never say no.

❤Dislikes:
Worms, he doesn't like the texture or how slimy they feel.
He's not a fan of freezing temperatures. Snow is cute but frost bite isn't.
He hates egotistical or rude people, he's proud but he won't shove it into others faces.
He hates unexpected rain as it makes his fur super curly and hard to groom. Especially if he's got somewhere to go looking fresh.
Not a big fan of veggies, he knows he has to eat them but he really doesn't find them cute or tasteful. Only exception is carrots, as his mom use to cut them into little stars. (Took her a long time to do but it was worth it.)

♥Quirks:
He's superstitious about spirits. It tends to show more around holidays related to the dead. He believes spirits are always around us and do their daily routines as we do, except we can't see them. He respects them and does not want to offend them, so he'll leave occasional offerings at his door on nights of the new moon when its darkest so they find peace and take what they need before moving on.

Trey also must have a hot bubble bath before bed to replenish his aura and keep it free of negativity. He believes it will keep him happy and stress free. Without that he feels uneasy, and can't fall asleep.

❤Life motto:
Trey likes to live without regret, love like you've never loved before and dance like its your last.
The reason for this is because of a scare he had in his childhood. His dad fell ill after everything in life seemed good. It came out of no where and no one had any idea he was even sick. Before he passed, his father's final words really resonated with Trey. So much so, it became his life motto. He can't thank his dad enough for giving him a fresh look on life and a whole new respect for each day he has.
♥ "𝐿𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝒾𝓈 𝓈𝒽𝑜𝓇𝓉 𝓈𝑜𝓃,

𝒹𝑜𝓃'𝓉 𝒽𝒾𝒹𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓈.
𝐼 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓉𝑜 𝓈𝒽𝑜𝓌 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓌𝑜𝓇𝓁𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒷𝓇𝒾𝓁𝓁𝒾𝒶𝓃𝒸𝑒.

𝐸𝓍𝓅𝑒𝓇𝒾𝑒𝓃𝒸𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓌𝑜𝓇𝓁𝒹 𝓉𝑜 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒻𝓊𝓁𝓁𝑒𝓈𝓉 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝓂𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝓎𝑜𝓊."

That moment made Trey into the Venus he is today. Every step taken isn't just his. He could show his dad the world through his eyes, making him feel at peace because even though he isn't around physically, a part of him was with Trey spiritually. This gave him courage through that tough time in his life.

❤His Playlist:
Boop

♥Hobbies:
As much of a party animal he may seem to be, he does like to unwind with a flavored soda pop and a book to read. His preference in location changes often, but most recently its become reading in the park or by the shore side. The breeze and people passing add to the atmosphere for extra effect while reading.
Sometimes he'll even be inspired to write his own short stories.

He wasn't into writing originally, it was only after his mom gave him her collection to hold while she moved, that he became interested in the idea. On his days off from work, he'd dive right in to see what the hype was all about. He'd bounce between different series and live in their world for hours at a time before returning to his. He got a nice thrill from experiencing something new that he wasn't capable of in his world. He understood the hype for books after that.

It sparked a new light in him to get creative and write his own stories about adventurers finding the true meaning of life over a strange world of unknown lands and creatures. He's too shy to post it as he says its just a hobby and a collection of his own thoughts and self inserted character.

❤Day job:
Hair stylist by day, star by night!

His alias Venus came from work. Clients usually fond over Trey's wonderful work and how handsome he is. Clients gossiped he had the power of Venus on his side, and since then even his Coworkers stuck the name to him. He liked the ring to it and decided to slay the name by using it as a point of sell. It added a compassionate and mysterious factor to his persona at work. Giving him more of an edge in popularity with his Clients.
After that his coworkers worked on Alias's for all staff members as a gimmick for their Salon. It worked, as they slowly ringed in more clients and became quite popular in the neighborhood.
--------
"❤𝒲𝑒𝓁𝒸𝑜𝓂𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒮𝒶𝓁𝑜𝓃."

♥"𝐻𝑜𝓌 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝒱𝑒𝓃𝓊𝓈 𝒶𝓈𝓈𝒾𝓈𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓉𝑜𝒹𝒶𝓎?"

---------
♥"𝒯𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝓈𝑜 𝓂𝒶𝓃𝓎 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓇𝓈 𝓈𝒽𝒾𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓀𝓎,

𝓈𝑜 𝓂𝒶𝓃𝓎 𝒷𝑒𝒶𝓊𝓉𝒾𝒻𝓊𝓁 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔𝓈 𝓌𝒾𝓃𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊,
𝒷𝓊𝓉 𝓌𝒽𝑒𝓃 𝒱𝑒𝓃𝓊𝓈 𝒸𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓈 𝑜𝓊𝓉,
𝒶𝓁𝓁 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑜𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝓈 𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝑒𝒹,

𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓎 𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝓅𝓊𝓈𝒽𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝑜 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒷𝒶𝒸𝓀𝑔𝓇𝑜𝓊𝓃𝒹."

-Mehmet Murat Ildan

♥FIN ♥

-------------❤--------------

Username: Raw_Silver_Studios
Art by me!
All images/star/sparkle dividers found on Google
Music belongs to all respected artists
Fancy Word Generator used for Quotes and selected words

Last edited by Raw_Silver_Studios on Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:14 am, edited 5 times in total.
Raw_Silver_Studios

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ucanthandleme » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:39 pm

username: Ucanthandleme
Name: Moon

The stars they whisper secrets
They know the knowledge of the universe
So secretive they were
But for him they were willing to speak
Every so quietly they would whisper the forbidden words
Secret after secret
He would listen quietly to their words
A tall pine tree straight and strong he seemed to be
Never once moving as the secrets were spoken
He would listen to them for days
For months
For years
Secret after secret they would tell to him in jubilation
Excited that he would listen
But he secrets should not be given to a man like him
Yet the stars gave it to him anyway
For he was their moon

Beginning

He was alone. Deafening. The silence was deafening.

It seemed as if he could hear every breath, every heartbeat, every sound, magnified like someone was blowing a loudspeaker in his ear. Thump, thump, thump, his heartbeat echoed in the room, a drum with a constant beat that when listened to closer, seemed to speed up dramatically.

The more he heard his own heartbeat, the more he felt frightened.

Not the fear one would have towards a spider or the fear one would have before a clown, no, it was a fear of being alone with oneself, truly a frightening prospect. To be alone with one's thoughts; one’s past, one’s present, one’s future, all lined up in a cue to be reviewed by oneself.

He hated this thought.

Being alone was a wretched curse. Yet perhaps this was his fate to be alone in the darkness, alone with his thoughts, alone with his body. A cat in a box, both dead and alive he could be. He however knew he had already pushed over the poison.

What becomes of a man alone with his thoughts?

He either becomes a monster or becomes a madman. He wasn’t quite sure which one he was yet. Maybe he was a frankenstein of the two. He made his own monsters. Yet he did not wish to lie with them alone. What a thought, to not lay with one’s monsters alone.

What if he wasn’t alone...

Middle

All things can be created with enough will
He had more than enough will to do so
So he began
One after another
Failure after failure
Then his new creation was born
Not like himself
Rather a bright creature
Filling the void of the darkness
So bright it was almost blinding
Yet he would gladly become blind for them
He would gladly become blind for the stars

End

Extra

Personality:
Moon is a rather cold and stoic man, he doesn't find much enjoyment in life mainly due to him being alone for most his life. However once he gained his stars hes still very impassive and cold, but to them is patient and caring. Knowing himself to not be a good person he still tries to act his best in front of the stars.

His stars
His stars

Dislikes:
Everything but his stars

Credit:

Couldn't find where I got the header as I saved it a while ago.
Last edited by Ucanthandleme on Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

☆-------☆
Credit: Toyhouse
☆----------------☆
Storages:
My Kalons
For trade kalons
My kels
Profile avatar by m0thmonster
Sig art by stan. + Niluna + Morisakisan
Characters are owned by me.
Image ImageImageImageImageImage
☆-------------☆
Ucanthandleme

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HoneyLavender࿐ » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:00 pm

username: AngelDoll
Name: Katya
MARK

████████ Image

:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Non-Binary - They/Them - Europe
Kalons - BM's - 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓𝖑𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙#5098 - ©
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

HoneyLavender࿐

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FluffyBirdie » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:54 pm

☾ The Scholar☽

username: FluffyBirdie | Name: Khai | Gender: male | 2,542 words

Khai watched his brother talk to the commanders from his window above the courtyard, feeling like he could see their respect increase even without knowing their conversation. Beon was a charming speaker, and could easily converse with anyone from their father to the commoners. Negotiating a peace treaty with the neighboring kingdom would be an easy feat for him, if both sides decided to rest. That was unlikely though Khai thought, remembering the news from a few days ago. Meiri, the second son, had led the armies at Jero to a stunning victory after a few weeks of a tense checkmate. Planning a peace treaty was far from anyone's minds here, not until other battles were lost. And public opinion was of the mind that Meiri would never allow them to taste defeat.

Khai turned away from the window, finding himself once again dwelling on his brothers' achievements. Well, it didn't matter. With everyone's eyes focused on the great orator and the military genius, it left him to do whatever he wanted. His goal was obvious, if you looked at the number of books and scraps of paper piled neatly around his room, alongside a plush chair by the fireplace. He wanted to read every book, collection and poem the palace had, on topics from folklore to medicine. And once the war was over and funds could be directed elsewhere, he would request for some literature from far-flung places too. Even better would be to travel to those far-flung lands in an unassuming wagon and plain robes, so that he could compile great books with all knowledge of history, animals, or herbal plants. He wanted to be there as a scholar, not as a prince, and to discuss philosophy, not politics. Though, Khai thought sadly, he wondered how many empires even knew they had a third prince.

Khai shook himself, wondering when he would stop thinking so negatively, and dropped his hand which had been playing with his hair without his awareness. He stood and left his room, planning to see the priestess. It was a bit early for his noon visit, but he never minded the extra time to just talk.

The castle was a bustle of activity, obvious to Khai even though his path did not lead him anywhere close to the kitchen or servant's quarters. Where there might be the occasional sighted maid, there were none, and the guards by important entrances had an extra vigor to them. Meiri would be returning in two days, and Khai's birthday was the day after. It was unquestionable that a feast must be held for both, a feast which included the staff at the castle hence their eagerness, though they ate at a different time and place.

Khai smiled at the thought of his brother returning, already wishing for two days to pass. It was presumptuous and arrogant of him to think that Meiri would be hurrying back so that he didn't miss his little brother's birthday, that he would rush a vital battle just for something that happened every year. But Khai thought if it regardless. He was on good grounds with Beon, but he wouldn't hesitate to say that Meiri was his closest friend. And he would hope his brother thought the same way.

He arrived at the elegant shrine, knocking briefly before pushing open the door and entering. He jerked back slightly in surprise when he saw the priestess standing before him, rather than sitting in her chair as she always did. Her usual calm expression was gone too, replaced with a vibrant smile.

"The prophecy is about to finally begin." She said the moment she saw him. "On your birthday, it would be announced."

Khai processed her words for a moment, before echoing her excitement. "Truly?"

"Yes." She almost skipped up the steps to her chair, falling heavily into it and spinning to face him. "I do not know who it will be, but I know when I will announce it. Prince Beon already knows for he visits in the morning, and the King and Queen will know soon after you. The prophecy is about to begin." She repeated, as if those words were her lifeline. And in a way, it was. Khai walked and stood before the steps in his customary position, looking up at the woman in her seat, though his focus was more on her recent words.

The priestess had delivered this prophecy before even Beon was born, twenty-two years ago. It spoke of how the gods knew of the royal family's reverence, and also foresaw a great battle in their future. To assist them, they would bless a son of the family, and he would play a vital role in the battle and the kingdom's future. In time, three sons were born: Beon, Meiri, and Khai. And ten years after Khai's birth, the predestined war began when their neighbor attacked the southern farmlands. The first part of the prophecy had arrived.

It has been eight years now since the beginning of the conflict, though there had been no word since on who this blessed son will be. Not until now. Khai personally hoped it was Meiri, and the rest of the kingdom was divided as to who they want to be the chosen. Beon would lead the nation into a peaceful resolution, and he's skilled enough at negotiating that any deal made would be in their favor. Blessing Meiri would be the birth of an undefeated general, where the neighbor would be crushed, and perhaps they would even expand into other lands. No one considered Khai to be an option, and he could agree. A scholar had no role in war. Perhaps this prophecy made the others judge him too harshly against his elder brothers, especially when the war began and he did not contribute, but he did not mind so much. It was a recluse against a speech-maker and a commander, and in this case, he was happy to be the recluse. Happy.

Khai blinked, suddenly aware he had been standing there without speaking for a lengthy period of time. He looked to the priestess, and she smiled back understandingly. "Prince Beon was the same, and I'm sure His Majesty will be too. Prince Meiri will be informed when he returns, though I don't doubt the news would reach him before then."

Khai paused, before dipping his head in a small bow. "I will take my leave then. I have much to consider."

"I am sure of that." She stood and curtsied, and with that Khai left, whatever thought or question he had wanted to say to the priestess gone. Someone being finally blessed...he wondered what their guidance would be like, if it was the enhancement of some physical ability or the provision of a power no human has. Regardless of the power, he had no doubt his brothers were brilliant enough to utilize their new talents to the fullest.

For it to be on his birthday though... Well he didn't mind. One more day to celebrate a brother of his, and having three feasts in a row would kill the castle staff.

Today is the day. That was the first thought in Khai's mind when he woke up, and the thought in his mind as he dressed and prepared for the day ahead. It was the thought he had yesterday too as he waited by the castle gates for Meiri, and the first thing he told his elder brother. With the prophecy fulfilled in all parts, the war can end, and their kingdom will prosper. Khai couldn't imagine how the mood would be outside the castle. The priestess only told the royal family, but good news has a way of spreading, and Beon at the very least would not be so silent about it.

Khai began brushing his hair, gently smoothing out tangles as he went. The feast would be held in the afternoon, and the priestess would be in attendance, for what might be the first time in decades. The head of every noble family would be present too, alongside their families. It was the largest gathering he had ever seen, all within three days of notice. Everyone wanted to witness history.

He tied up his ponytail and began wrapping his bangs into tassels, taking more care than usual. Even if eyes would not be on him, he was still there as the brother of the blessed.

With still some time until noon, Khai walked towards Meiri's room, wondering if his brother was nervous. As he neared the door, he saw Beon approaching from the other end of the hallway, perhaps thinking of doing the same thing. "Brother." Khai greeted, stopping in front of Meiri's door.

"Happy birthday Ka. Looks like we both wanted to check in on Mei?" The crown prince stood next to Khai and ruffled his ponytail, earning a shocked glare in return. He laughed, waving away the stare and knocking on the door. "Sorry Ka, but long hair is currently favored by noblewomen, and I can't have your hair outshining mine."

As Khai combed his hair flat, still frowning at Beon, the door opened. Meiri looked unsurprised to see them, perhaps overhearing their conversation through the door. He invited his siblings in, and they sprawled around the table in his room, uncaring of how ungracious they appeared. It reminded Khai of the days when they were younger, where he would raid Beon's room with Meiri and they would play games and refuse to leave until their father or mother came knocking sternly. "I'm not a kid for you to 'check in on'," Meiri began, attempting a scowl though a smile danced around his lips. "And we had a lengthy conversation yesterday. Starting another one now would make us miss the celebration."

"We'll have a short one then. Everyone would be trying to find us and give congratulations, and I would prefer speaking to my wonderful siblings than deal with that. We've got the rest of our lives for good wishes." Beon huffed, picking at a sleeve. "If the gods gave a power, what would you want?"

Khai glanced to Meiri, knowing the question was directed at him, and tried to guess what the second prince would want. The power to foresee the future, so he could create a counter-strategy to it? "I want to crush mountains." Meiri replied without hesitating, receiving a surprised chuckle from both. "Planning a path through them is the bane of my existence."

"The bane of your existence is mountains, not enemy troops?"

"I can predict what they would do. I can't predict nature. Some of these mountains have never been traveled before, or at least not by any of the locals, so I'm always going in blind. I hate that."

They entered a long debate as to which power was better for Meiri's problem, and unsurprisingly forgot the time until a maid knocked on the door and informed them that the ceremony would begin very soon.

The feast was in the main hall rather than the dining hall, purely due to the number of attendees. The trio filed into their seats at the front of the room, facing the numerous tables surrounded by barons, dukes and the like, alongside the small table close to them on the right, where the priestess sat. A respectful hush fell over the room as the royal family entered, and the King made a brief speech about the occasion. Khai paid little attention, more focused on the priestess, and soon everyone followed suit as the King gestured for the woman to continue.

The priestess dipped her head in acknowledgement, before closing her eyes, her mouth moving wordlessly as she began to converse with the heavens. Khai could feel the tense atmosphere in the air, as if it were a physical thing. As her hands dropped to her lap, everyone leaned forward in unison, afraid to miss a word.

Her eyes opened, and she looked directly at Khai. He felt a sudden dread chill his body, and before he consciously realised his fear, it was spoken for him.

"The gods have blessed... Prince Khai."

He heard the most deafening silence following her declaration, as every eye turned to him. He wasn't sure who was more shocked: the priestess who just spoke, the nobles, himself or his family. The confused eyes that stared into his being shifted into judgement, then scorn. He could feel their burning glare, even as his gaze still rested on the priestess. He could almost hear their thoughts, as it likely echoed his own. Why him, he who stayed in the shadows, he who achieved nothing, he who had brothers more deserving?

Khai wanted to check his family's expression, but he was too afraid to move. Maybe if he stayed still enough, if everyone stayed still enough, it would be like the moment never happened and they could reverse time, back to the announcement where the gods would reconsider their choice.

But the spell was broken by the squeak of a chair, and movement in the corner of his eye finally prompted Khai to turn his head and look. Beon had stood and, in cold silence, left the hall without a glance backward. His turned back spoke volumes, volumes of his anger and disdain at him. It felt like someone had punched the air out of Khai's lungs. He moved his eyes now to look at Meiri's reaction, afraid of what he would see in his best friend's eyes.

Blank shock. Betrayal. Disappointment. Those emotions swirled in Meiri as he stared at his younger brother, and they locked gazes for a moment before the second prince broke away, pushing himself to stand and follow the eldest out the room. Murmurs and whispers snaked around the nobles' tables, all white noise to Khai as he watched his most precious relationships break away. It felt like land was crumbling all around him, until he stood on an island, on a lone pillar. Could he ever visit his brothers in their room again? Could he ever talk to them again? Khai turned his gaze to the table, already knowing his parents' reactions would be like everyone else's, and stood too, leaving the hall in a hurry. The stares, the atmosphere, it was all too much.

As Khai rushed to his room, he noticed something and laughed bitterly, uncaring of who might hear. It appeared his granted ability was to read thoughts. Observation had always been a strength of his, but after the announcement he could truly see into each person's mind, as if their emotions were floating above their face like words on paper. A fantastic talent for him to sense the disappointment behind the most stoic of faces, Khai thought harshly, jerking open the door and slamming it shut behind him. Being childish. That would be something new for the people to criticize him about. Being ungrateful. That was another. Be grateful you were chosen over your brothers, some would say. Mind-reading is an awe-inspiring ability, others would comment. It was a power best suited for a negotiator, or a tactician. Not him. Never him.

Khai crumpled to the ground, and wished the gods weren't so cruel.

☾ Alone ☽
Last edited by FluffyBirdie on Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:22 am, edited 7 times in total.

──── ────
|| Kalons || TH ||
★★★
Selling OCs, lf art/c$!
Pixel animation shop

──── ────

click on art for credit! avatar credit
FluffyBirdie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bug » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:13 am

⋆ 𝚄𝚜𝚎𝚛𝚗𝚊𝚖𝚎: ⋆
𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍.

◂━━━━━━━━ Image ━━━━━━━━▸

⋆ 𝙽𝚊𝚖𝚎: ⋆
𝙸𝚗𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚝𝚊

⋆ 𝙶𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛: ⋆
𝙵𝚎𝚖𝚊𝚕𝚎

"𝙸𝚝'𝚜 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚗𝚒𝚌𝚎
𝙾𝚑, 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚗𝚒𝚌𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚖𝚎𝚎𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞
𝙱𝚎𝚌𝚊𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝙸'𝚖 𝚜𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚍
𝚂𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚖𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚞𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚖𝚎..."

𝙲𝚛𝚎𝚍𝚒𝚝: Gamecube Controller // Stamps // Divider

CRY MY NAME, REMIND MY x
███████ BRAIN OF MY IDENTITY;

██
██
🪳; bug/mech he/it
.xxxwrmz / song ﹒🧪
██ th @ wyrmples !
█████
█████

.xx
I'M NOT GONNA LISTEN, ███████
I'M NOT MY VOLITION !!!
bug

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iBrevity » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:50 am

Fennix "Nix"
      he/them
      an old god of the moon, of luck and retribution

When a world dies, the gods are quick to abandon it.

It's not worthwhile for them to remain in a place straddling its own expiration date; the effort of helping any true believers is usually too costly to warrant genuine divine intervention. People understand what it means when prayers go unanswered, when the gods quietly disappear in the middle of a sunny day, even when they are loathe to admit it.

Sixteen years ago in a place the gods called the Chevma Plane and the inhabitants called home, the gods disappeared. Every single one of them, minor and major players alike, except for one.

The gods exited the collapsing world with great order, alone or in pairs or as a family, sometimes bidding goodbyes to favorite worshippers but for the most part leaving with little fanfare. They'd realized long before the humans what was to come of their scientists' meddling with germ warfare. When the virus began to seep into the general populace it was already far too late for even the gods to stop it.

Fennix stayed. The old god of the moon, of luck and retribution, a jack of all trades type and master of none, Fennix was an ancient god and a half-forgotten one. He was not well-loved or well-known among the people and was certainly not popular, but he stayed nonetheless.

Zefiryn cast him a curious look as she departed her main church, one step in the Chevma world and one step out. The foot that existed outside of this one was reduced to a shimmery white, like sunlight smeared on the fabric of the world.

"You're not coming?" She asked lightly.

Fennix smiled. In the shadows on his face there was a glint of a smile, a sardonic crescent moon winking at her. "Not right now, Zefiryn. Thank you."

Zefiryn waited a moment longer, considering him. She nodded once finally, told him to be safe, and vanished in a heartbeat into the empty space between worlds.

The temples were rapidly emptying now, the sickness spreading among the people with creeping deadly fingers. Fennix attended where he could, helped those few who had luck on their side but could not help many. Inevitably as the years wore on so too did the disease. The numbered survivors dwindled; the victims who lived but lost their chevmas were feral and dangerous and only became more murderous as time passed.

When sixteen long years had come and gone and Fennix returned to the world's capital city, a great sprawling metropolis reduced to forest and moss-slick ruins, he was surprised to find new people there. A group he had never seen before in fact; mostly children and teenagers but surprisingly well-organized for their youth. They operated out of an old grocery store, the shelves rearranged to serve as a sort of barricade before the main doors and the perimeter consistently patrolled by functional people.

It had been a long time since Fennix had seen so many of them. This world was called the Chevma Plane for the local's strange lifelong companions, animals that acted as reflection of their person's soul, intelligent and cognizant and named chevmas in their language.

Some people were immune to the virus; a far smaller portion survived the virus with their chevma intact and gained strange, world-splitting abilities. This group had both in attendance.

In his mounting curiosity Fennix crept closer. The last two dozen people he had seen and tried to help had not had luck on their side and so good conversation was a long time mourned. He could not help but be interested, crouched on a sloped rooftop a street over and eavesdropping on the boys who appeared to be their leaders. Twins apparently, if the easy absentminded way they spoke and moved around each other meant anything.

"We need to expand into Haverhill," one said, referencing the next nearest inhabited city. He was sprawled back against his brother, head tucked neatly under the documents the other boy was flipping through.

The reading one lightly thwacked the other with the papers in his hand. "We need to find Fennix first," he corrected with a quiet chuckle.

Fennix stilled. He stared at the two, confused by his own name being mentioned; he did not know why or how they knew him, but it had been a long time since someone had called him that so casually.

"Can't we just pray to him?" The first asked a little sarcastically, rolling over to push his brother's papers out of the way of eye contact. "Didn't the gods used to always come when the old people prayed?"

The lighter-haired boy shrugged. "We don't know for sure he's real," he reminded him patiently. "It could just be something sick folks tell themselves to feel better. But we need to check, if we can find where he supposedly lives."

The darker one affected a weak, wavering voice and said, "Maybe Fennix will come and heal us," and then in a normal voice, "Blah blah blah." He laughed loudly, once. "Why would one god stay when the rest left, Bay?"

Bay shrugged again, finally setting the papers to the side. "I don't know, Ashe. But if we can find him and he can actually help, then he can help us. Help our people."

Ashe sighed, his good mood evaporating. "...Faraday won't last much longer."

"I know." Bay grabbed his brother's elbow and hauled him to sitting up. "That's why we need to find him."

"We've been looking for two weeks," Ashe said sourly. "If he's even here, where could he be hiding?"

Fennix, who had been in Fairfield for the past month, blinked. He could hear prayers worshippers directed to him of course, all the gods could, and someone had prayed for him in Fairfield a month past so he had gone. Fairfield was some thirty miles east and largely reduced to rubble from an unknown catastrophe. Fennix had stayed a few weeks to help the man who had prayed but had been unable to nurse him successfully through the virus. And anyway nobody had been praying for him here, though apparently they'd been ransacking the city.

He crept a few careful steps backwards. At his shoulder was the only real concession he'd made to fitting in this world, a black rosy-finch, the small bird clinging sideways to his shirt collar. People without chevmas were marked immediately as dangerous and Fennix had needed to be as incognito as possible, so he'd crafted Bee. She was not a chevma like the other people had but being a god-fashioned animal she was close enough.

"Who's Faraday?" She chirped in his ear.

"I don't know." Fennix climbed easily back down the roof and scaled the building with a surefootedness that only deities could possibly possess. "I suppose we should find out."

Bee hopped to his other shoulder with a quick flutter of wings, the feathers brushing Fennix's chin as she zipped past. "Really?" She asked excitedly. "We haven't had a chance to talk to someone in forever, Nix."

Fennix pat her absently. "Should we go through the front door?"

Bee considered it. "Not much drama," she said thoughtfully, "But I think you have enough flair to pull it off."

Fennix's ombre hair hung far past his waistline, the delicate bangs braided into an elegant frame for his strange face. Fennix wasn't quite beautiful but he wasn't ugly either; just a little too inhuman maybe, the edges of his skull a little too monster sharp even under his dark skin. The heterochromatic nature of his eyes lent more to his strangeness for the sheer lightness of them, the pastel irises like a set of stars. His gaze was physically heavy and uncomfortably intense; even reduced to a human-esque body a god was difficult to disguise.

"Stay close," he told Bee, then walked calmly around to the front of the store.

The people on guard clocked him, looked again, and then tentatively raised their weapons. One young woman went to her knees before her companion had decided whether or not to fire and she called out loudly, "Am I lucky, Fennix?"

Fennix smiled at the long familiar prayer. The girl glinted a strange lavender in his god-sight, a sure indication that luck was on her side for the day. He approached her and the other guards let them, hearing the word 'Fennix' and finally recognizing him for what they were.

Fennix touched a cool hand to her face and felt the agony of her feet. There were metatarsals broken in both, old wounds that had not healed right and now bothered her every time she stood. He pushed some of his power into her with a gentle flex of his long tapered fingers. Her chevma, a small grey-furred squirrel, gasped through the rush.

"Your feet should be fine now," he said softly and she burst into startled tears, nodding feverishly against his hand.

"Thank you, thank you."

When Fennix looked up again the twins were standing in the open door of their supermarket headquarters, side by side, their skin shining alternatively violet and indigo.

"Interesting," Bee whispered into his ear, half-hidden in the swing of his hair. Bee shared his god-sight, as they shared most things; she could see folks' luck just as well as he could.

"I heard about Faraday," Fennix said aloud, and watched both boys flinch. So neither were true believers then; they had never genuinely thought he was still here. Fennix smiled, the brief flash of his white teeth like a distant crescent moon.

"May I see him?"

all pixels used are F2U and created by DA artist AkumiIrako
      more on the different planes and the different gods

Last edited by iBrevity on Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:55 am, edited 4 times in total.
iBrevity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me