Re: Shadow Flitz 100

Postby SkyGold » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:37 am

The comp is now open! Good Luck and have fun!
ImageImageImageImage

Flitz | Kalons | To-do | n/a
| click the chickens for their respective links |

leaving, had a fun 6 years! :)
SkyGold

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WiltedLovers » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:39 am

M
║░░████
║░░████
~She- Her - Adult !!
~ Self-taught artist <3
~ Full time CNA

═════════════════════════════
Image████████████████░░░░██

‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‎
‏‏‎ ‎
‏‏‎ ‎
‏‏‎ ‎
‏‏‎ ‎
‏‏‎ ‎
‏‏‎ ‎
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎

███
░░░
░░
██
▀▀
Kals - link 2
link 3 - link 4
link 5 - link 6
───────┘
WiltedLovers

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby corvidous » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:40 am

Cackles

Marking
corvidous

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Casperphobia » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:03 am

Discovering free will/sticking up for herself and others
Last edited by Casperphobia on Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Casperphobia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mythz » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:45 pm

mark! an absolute baby
Mythz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crows » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:22 pm

Mark~

Username: Crows
Flitz Name: Eta (Ea. Theta. Aodh.)
Prompt Answer: (Work In Progress)
Crows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

. : A E T H E R : Shadow Flit 100 Tryout : .

Postby rem sleep » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:59 am

Username: rem sleep
      Flitz Name: Aether - [ together ]
      Reed [ mouth ] Myringa [ ears ] Retina [ eyes ]

. : Prompt Answer : .
      The three of them sit across from you. They’re a peculiar set, the three of them, all similar and yet somehow remarkably distinct. One has a set of ears, one a set of eyes and the final a mouth, all three are connected by the tether of their shadowy tails. The trio of beasts observes you, taking in your question.

They look you up and down, or at least, the one of them who has eyes does. The others imperceptibly seem to be on the same track, moving in smooth, synchronous motion with their companion.

“You want to know our story?” The one with the mouth says, their visually gifted companion eyeing you with a curious intrigue and a skeptical raised brow. They seem doubtful somehow. Perhaps they aren’t used to people inquiring after them in such a way. “If you insist. Though it’s not a particularly interesting tale, compared to the ones you humans circulate these days.” They whisk a claw dismissively as they pull their story to mind, dusting off the well-loved memory and bringing the cherished thing once more into the forefront of their minds.

They begin their story again.

They lived in a world where the concepts that densely populated mortal minds were embodied, they took on their own lives and began to exist as their own independent entities, on the flip-side of the same coin. The tangible world existed, and they existed in a parallel domain, watching over the beings in the physical world, their originators and benefactors. Of those lonely spirits in their intangible realm, there are three with whom we are presently concerned.

Retina the Seer, Myringa the Listener and Reed the Speaker; who embodied respectively the positively aligned goals of the concepts of seeing no evil, hearing no evil and seeing no evil. Moralizing ends they were, and good moral people they embodied. While leaving in that cloudy paradise it was their job to guide their hosts and patrons along the right path, to show them the moral way and when it was best to close ones’ eye, turn ones’ ear and hold ones’ tongue. They enjoyed the work they did, and the persons they were tasked with. The young who they helped guide never failed to bring with them joy and temperance.

They were from the Kingdom of the Daydreams, those concepts who were positive in nature and alignment, who manufactured the pleasant dreams and fancies of their hosts in the main world. Their King, the Great and Merciful Sol, ruled the land with perfect and complete Order, such was the concept he embodied.

They were not supposed to have met. But then, many things were never supposed to have happened. With tensions between the Kingdom of Daydreams and the Kingdom of Nightmares—their negatively aligned counterparts—at an all-time high, things were beginning to slip through the cracks, the perfect façade slowly crumbling into so many specks of insignificant dust. King Sol did not like this. He felt the balance tipping towards Chaos, the aspect of his antithesis, the Nightmare King, Dys, and so he toiled and spent every minute working at the Order he had cultivated hitherto.

The point was, King Sol was not so watchful and vigilant as he usually would have been. Accidents could and did happen. Things that were prior impossible became possible, whether for better or for worse. It was under these troubling and uncertain circumstances that the three came into contact for the first time. Despite their similar concepts, they had never met, and the day that they did was not one that would soon be forgotten. When asked for the turning point in their lives, this is the moment they would source—the beginning of the end, as they called it, but also the start of something new and beautiful. The prior they offered as context, so that you might better understand their proceedings.

They had all happened to be in the Castle at the same time, bustling along with news for their good King, when their paths crossed. The first thing they noticed was how alike to one another they looked. They, even without eyes, could see and sense the energy—an energy that seemed so much like their own that they felt they’d known it their entire lives—standing before them, twofold. They looked upon one another and saw something so familiar to them, so ingrained in their knowledge, that it felt at once like a part of themselves, an integral part of their essence and being, and a familiar sense of delight rose as they laid eyes upon each other for the first time, though it felt like it had been the hundredth, thousandth, hundred thousandth and yet the sight was as pleasant and refreshing as the first, the joy never waning a bit since the first day they met, that they had to remind themselves was today. It was surreal.

“Who are you?” Retina asked, their voice telepathically reverberating in their companions’ cores, “I feel that I…”

“Know you?” Myringa finished the sentence, their tone hesitant and wary, whatever magic this was happened only in the dreams they constructed and never in reality, at least not insofar as Myringa knew, “More than just that, I feel like I’ve known you before, and we’re only meeting again for the first time in a while. It’s as though the two of you had stepped away for a moment to run some petty errand and are returned to me as easily and pleasantly as that.”

“I understand what you mean,” Reed replied in a telepathic hum, their tone a touch more sure and more steady than their companions’ for they had heard tell of soulmates, but had thought it impossible for beings such as them, and yet the phenomena was the same, “Are you familiar with the term ‘soulmate’? It seems to me that’s what this is, peculiar though it may sound. I don’t have any other way of explaining the connection I feel to you both.”

“I’m familiar with it, yes, but are you sure?” Retina squinted, observing their companions with white luminescent eyes that reflected the smallest axiom of doubt, potent but diminishing in its intensity the longer they talked, for the more words they shared, the more the familiarity set in, the ore they felt that these people were parts of their own being, parts of their beating heart, “Have you ever met any before?”

“Well,” Myringa began, never missing an opportunity to talk, though they did try to limit this vice of theirs, “I actually did know two who were a pair, and three who were a grouping. I’ve met a decent couple groupings, I just never thought I would have one myself. I do feel it though, and I feel upon hearing it that it must be true, that I’ve known it my whole life and have merely been waiting for this moment to recognize that it was my sole goal and drive to meet you all along. Don’t you feel the same?”

“I do,” Retina confessed, glancing away somewhat sheepishly, “I was just nervous to be the one to mention it. But it does sound true. I don’t know how to explain it… it just seems to me completely and utterly apparent, like any other truth of the world. Like the sky is blue.”

They overheard a commotion in the distance and remembered their place and their urgency.

“We should meet again,” Reed said, with urgency, “I’ll meet you under the apple tree in the courtyard after the workday closes?”

Mutely their companions nodded, and they went their separate ways, only to find their paths intersect again later at the tree, where they talked on for hours about nothing and everything, stared longingly into the clouds and the infinite leaves of the tree canopy, trying to count them like so many impossible stars. They were young, naive and completely and utterly in love. They had never felt alive before that day and before that meeting, fateful and unlikely as it was. Their sectors meant they would have been separate forever, if they had not had appointments at similar times, and they would not have met at all if one or two of them had been on schedule rather than a few minutes tardy. The stars aligned, however, or at the very least an unlikely fate came to pass regardless of the stars, and the three soulmates linked together and became what they were always meant to be.

They pause at this point in the story to look at you, noticing you have a perplexed look on your face. They explain another oddity of their people—that when their people are together, they can and do become one being. They assure you it’s not painful, nor unpleasant, just that their bodies are fluid and intangible, as imperceptible as air, as dainty as a gentle firefly’s light, and so they can drift into one another and stay, allowing the three to become one, to share perfectly in each other’s thoughts, feelings and memories. To truly live in unity and togetherness.

You ask why they would want to, and Reed only chuckles.

“Would not everyone want to be united in such a way with their beloveds?” Reed asks, peering at you with where their eyes would’ve been, if they had any to speak of, “It’s not unpleasant, in fact it feels like... safety and wholeness, like loving, and being loved, like you are yourself and you are not and never will be alone, and yet altogether you are something greater than that, greater than yourself and your parts, and the unison thereof, somehow you are beyond that, and it feels safe, and warm, and secure. It feels like this was how I was always meant to exist, like I knew it from the moment I met them, that I loved them so much, that they were altogether not separate from but rather a part of me.”

You pause, and squint at them.

“Perhaps it’s a sentiment that’s hard for humans to understand,” Reed offers, but he smiles at you, and you suddenly feel a touch embarrassed for glowering. It sounds hard to explain, you think to yourself, you imagine it’s also very hard to express for them as it is for you to comprehend.
      You ask them how they got here then, where the Kingdoms went, how things changed after that point, and they pause.

“Well, there was an upheaval in the Kingdoms shortly after, and we wouldn’t have known where to go, had we not had each other,” Reed glances to their companions, Myringa and Retina nodding along to echo their partner, “We fled together to the mortal world, and became who and what we are now. We escaped through our combined efforts and knowledge, made possible by our ability to synthesize from three beings into one who possessed the traits of all of us. It helped us consolidate our forces, as well as escaping easier with one form rather than three to chase. Then we were here, in this town, where we sit with you now.”

“We integrated ourselves quietly into the community, seen as little as possible, and tried to help wherever we could. We still make dreams for people, sometimes, and provide good omens and guidance to those in need of it. In many ways, we still serve our role as guiding spirits, and we owe our survival through the blizzard that wrought our Kingdoms asunder to our mutual knowledge of and cooperation with each other. I don’t know that any of us would have had the strength to flee alone, but it didn’t seem impossible when we were together.”

They smile at you, and you politely thank them for their time. The Local Legend slinks back into the shadows, and disappears, like a specter who never existed at all.

But you know better.

You wave at the nothing and depart along your way again.

[ 2000 / 2000 ]
Last edited by rem sleep on Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:18 pm, edited 5 times in total.
♥ ♥ ♥
rem sleep - they / them
nocturnal artist, socially awkward
♥ ♥ ♥
umasstorkies
closed species bank
♥ ♥ ♥

rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wucaian » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:51 am

When they met, it felt like fate...

Serenity
Eydis • Tor • Mercury

It wasn’t a particularly remarkable night. The moon was full overhead, the forest was bathed in soft silver light, and Eydis was wandering the forest near her home. Then she heard a sound. She turned, but saw nothing.

“Hello?” she called. “This is territory, so I’d like to know who you are.” Then another flit stepped out from behind a tree.

“I didn’t mean to intrude,” she said. “I just...couldn’t help…” Eydis didn’t think she imagined a blush painting the other’s cheeks. “Erm. That is. I’m Tor. I’m just passing through. I must have lost time enjoying the forest. But now I see, it’s not nearly as beautiful as you.”

It was practically love at first sight. Tor had planned to keep traveling. But when Eydis offered, she chose to stay. Time was an illusion outside the world they made of each other. Soon a month had passed, and Eydis’s home had become theirs. The little shelves in the rock were full of stones and flowers they had gifted each other. They traded off days hunting for each other, always trying to bring the other’s favorite food home. And Eydis’s nest had expanded to fit two.

Everyone could tell they loved each other, how sweet it was. But not everyone was happy. Eydis’s best friend, Mercury, could barely stand to look at the couple. She’d been concerned when she didn’t see her friend for a month straight. They Eydis returned and introduced everyone to her new love.

“Mercury, this is Tor! Tor, Mercury.” She was beaming as she said this. “I wanted to tell you first. I’m so sorry I haven’t been around.”

Mercury smiled, and hoped no one could see how brittle it was. “I’m happy for you Eydis.” She hugged her best friend and watched her walk away.

Mercury had been in love with Eydis for a long time. She thinks she’s loved her from the first moment they met as kids. But Eydis has always been special. Bright and friendly and whimsical and everything Mercury is not. She never thought she’d have a chance with her. But she’d never been prepared to have that choice taken away. She felt the bitterness grow in her, watching the two of them night after night, lost in their own little world. Until finally she snapped.

“Why?!” she screamed. “Why does loving her mean you’re leaving me behind? I thought I was your best friend. And-and I can survive you not loving me like that. But I can’t survive you throwing me away.”

Eydis was shocked. She felt her lip wobble and her eyes well with tears. Mercury saw Eydis’ face pinch in hurt. She knew she’d made a mistake. She turned and ran. Through the mess of tears she ran into the woods. She ran to her hiding tree, the tree where she could curl up in the branches and stay hidden and undisturbed.

Eydis had tried to call for Mercury to stay. But she was already gone. Eydis ran to find her mate and told her the whole story through hitching breaths and tears.

Tor pulled back and looked Eydis in the eye. “If she is beloved of you, then I can try to love her as well.”

Eydis led the way to where she knew Mercury was hiding.

“Please, just let me talk to you,” she called. “I’m sorry if I hurt you, I didn’t know what to say. But I do now. Please just come down.”

Mercury, even at her angriest and most fragile, couldn’t keep herself from her best friend. So she came down from her tree. Tor and Eydis made their proposal. Mercury looked between them. She couldn’t find any trace of pity or deception, only sincerity. So she agreed.

Now they live in harmony, their hearts beating as one. The tide, the moon, and silver light.

Last edited by wucaian on Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Currently missing:Image
Bounce, bounce, bounce...
wucaian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Username: yeena // 2000/2000 words

Postby yeena » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:31 pm

╔══════════════════════╗
        Name: Epsilon
          The individual heads do not
          have any certain names or
          identifications, as a result,
          the whole entity is named
          Epsilon.
      ╚══════════════════════╝
      _____Epsilon had been made with separate primary senses, in the form of separated heads. Though they possess all of the basic senses, their sense of smell, hearing and taste have always operated on different levels. Sometimes, part of their body will be dominated by one sense, rendering the other two useless and creating phantom senses. Epsilon typically cannot absolutely control which sense decides to take over, but they usually go to bed with one sense dominating and wake up to another. Despite it seeming tiring, Epsilon has gotten used to it.

_____When it comes to the birth of Epsilon, they do not remember anything resembling parents or siblings. In fact, they do not even remember a childhood. All that they can remember is once being told that they were to be part of a grand destiny, set to save the world. Even then, the memory is vague. All that Epsilon can clearly recall is one day waking up to reality and becoming a functioning member of their society, where celestials and mortals all walked together. It is very similar to the society that is present today, in terms of functionality and modernization.

_____Epsilon was one of the few celestials in society and they typically received praise and positive attention for their status, especially it being known that they were part of the destiny. There were some outliers, however. Other individuals only looked at Epsilon as an odd individual, or scary. They would avoid them at all costs, claiming that none of the other celestials looked or behaved as oddly as them. It took some time, but eventually the words fell like water on a duck's back. Epsilon decided that they had more to focus on than just some odd looks, even if they did hurt.

_____Epsilon might seem intimidating at a first glance, but they are about as scared of themselves as strangers are. They have this habit of being clueless and confused to almost everything around them, despite being so observant and noticing small details around them. They might have the pieces that they need to complete a puzzle, but they are actually quite messy when it comes to drawing reasonable conclusions. Epsilon is quite soft otherwise, and while they might be a bit confused, they have only the best of intentions when it comes to everyone around them. In the end, they try.

_____To go along with their sense of senselessness, they tend to be relatively trusting of the community around them. Sometimes they do not take things as seriously as what they could or should and they can wind up in questionable situations as a result. They highly dislike bothering anyone around them for the fear of irritating someone, which usually stops them from asking for help when they need it. Epsilon would much rather try to figure out their own problems than possibly burden somebody by trying to ask for help. On the flip side, Epsilon absolutely loves to help others.

_____Epsilon is patient, all things considered. Although they have highly sensitive senses, so certain sounds and noises will subconsciously make them more annoyed than usual. This mostly refers to repetitive sounds and coughing. Despite Epsilon seeming like a clueless child, they do have more to offer than the world than confusion. They are extraordinarily curious and book smart and can drop random facts at the drop of a dime, especially ones in relation to animals. They only have pure intentions for everyone around them, although they still have a lot to learn about themselves before they can truly help others.

Sensitive ✦ Observant ✦ Conflicted ✦ Patient ✦ Gullible ✦ Giving ✦ Diligent

_____Today was the fated day. Epsilon had been preparing for this day their whole lives, pampered and gently coaxed into their destined position, the world holder. They would eventually sacrifice everything that they were to hold up the world and keep its inhabitants safe. Everyone had been flocking to their side all day, talking, chattering all about the destiny. They made it painfully obvious that it was the big day and as happy as Epsilon should have been, they were anything but. Truth be told, Epsilon had never been more nervous and jumpy in their life. They flinched every time another person would touch their shoulder or cower when somebody spoke particularly loudly against their sensitive ears.

_____Truth be completely told, Epsilon had dreaded this day ever since they had been destined for it. Nothing made them feel more uneasy than being molded into a very specific purpose. Their entire life, they had felt like they were being pushed into something that they would never be able to get out of. It was true, to an extent. Sure, the world holders were eventually released from their positions, but they lived out their lives holding up the world. They were only exalted once their bodies started to give out under the pressure of the planet, after years of service. Epsilon had never wanted to hold up the world one day, or even be considered for it.

_____The pressure was the reality that they could not run without letting down a world. Even they did not know what would come of them abandoning their duties so carelessly. Regardless, their feet only became more itchy and restless with the growing crowd around them, senses flickering from one to another in a moment of overload. There was surely too much happening, but they only lowered their head and continued walking forward. Abandoning ones duties, especially one as important as this, would result in nothing but hatred and disapproval from the mortals and celestials alike. Epsilon would be letting everyone down but at the same time, running from their responsibilities, but they would also be running to free themselves of the invisible chains that had put them in their current position.

_____Epsilon held no animosity to the people of the world, celestials or mortals alike. It was true, that they had never fit in with their overpowering, sensitive senses. But they never held their oddities against anyone and did not seek judgement of the people who gave them odd glances and curious huffs. But this had been a duty pushed on them for generations and it was tied to their ankle like a ball on a chain, dragging them down. They could not walk in public without being praised by someone for being the next world holder, the savior. It made them feel all the more trapped where they never wanted to be in the first place.

_____They felt like everything was mounting around them, the tension in the air was growing thicker with every passing second. They could feel themselves drawing closer to the site of their future, where they would live out the rest of their mortal days. Their body got heavier with each passing moment, every second becoming harder to take moving forward. It was like the world was already suffocating them with its pressure, pushing Epsilon closer and closer to the ground where they were already doomed to eventually fall. To them, it felt like it was only a matter of time before they had the world crushing their shoulders. It was only minutes away.

_____They heard the music playing around them, harmonies of rejoice as the mortals and celestials would be able to live in comfort at the expense of Epsilon's freedom. They could hear the distinct bands, the singing individuals. Everything felt like it was bearing down harshly on their sensitive ears, making them ring terribly. They heard the happy cries of young children that probably knew no better than what their parents had told them. They could hear the loud rustling and shifting of the crowd that followed their every step, making no haste in keeping pace with Epsilon as they neared their destiny. Their final destination.

_____They saw the blinding lights of everyone around them, waving flags and posters and whatever else they could hold within their hands. There were countless happy faces surrounding them, smiling broadly with wet eyes. Epsilon saw the crowd throwing meaningless coins at their feet, the sparkles from the metal reflecting back in their wide eyes. Everything was so bright, overbearing, totally accurate of their situation currently. They saw their own, trembling hands as they walked forward. In fact, they saw just how little they were compared to the vast world around them. They were so very small.

_____They were minutes away from their life being handed away to serve a community that they had never fit in. Inherently, there was nothing wrong with this besides the fact that Epsilon was reluctant to fill their own prophecy. They wanted to live their life, see the world for what it was as opposed to what it had been created to be for them. Epsilon bit their own lip carefully, dawning solely on how they felt once again. They could feel their shoulders straightening out of habit of presentation, hands rubbing carefully against each other. The pedestal was up ahead, where the last world holder stood and where Epsilon would stand.

_____It was an explosion of emotions when Epsilon saw what was in front of them. They could not look past the worn, tired form of the person currently under the world. They were dull and lifeless, albeit still barely breathing. While Epsilon thought they would be standing, they were down on a singular knee and their shoulders were shaking from the overexertion of their body. They looked aged beyond their years should have been and, most of all, Epsilon saw how unhappy they were. What was the point of living if there was no actual life behind it? In a moment of sight, Epsilon felt.

_____There was an explosion of feelings around them. They could feel the weight of their obligations breaking their shoulders already. In a hasty decision, Epsilon glanced around them before moving aside and brushing past the people. The confused sounds reached their ears easily, while they stared at everyone around them. It was a dizzying experience, being able to sense everything all at once. It was almost too much, in fact, and Epsilon could feel themselves wobbling. Regardless, Epsilon felt like there was no need for them to throw their life away. They felt like an absolute coward, but they still moved.

_____They ran after a couple of seconds, breaking forward from the crowd and morphing into their feral celestial form. The people around them slowly realized what was happening and Epsilon avoided their reaching hands, nimbly moving away from everyone. Tears were welling in their eyes as they ran, far from their responsibilities, dooming the world in their wake. They felt the crowd shifting with them, turning from joy to terror and desperation. But Epsilon ran and avoided what they threw at them, dodging hands and feet. They ran until the noise died off in their ears and the tears were falling freely, doomed to live out their free days as a coward.

_____Despite the obvious obligations that Epsilon had, they chose to actively avoid them. They eventually came to dread the thought of holding the world up, as their hidden prophecy eventually came to head. In a climatic moment of their life, they decided to run from that future. They feared not being able to eventually live out a proper existence and found that they could not bare to let themselves have absolutely no control over their own freedom. While choosing to run, it was the first time they had ever felt all of their senses combine to one singular moment. In their haste of escape, they could feel the entirety of the world around them while also being able to see the chaos unfolding around them.

_____Epsilon is like a cryptid that roams a desolate planet now, as they left the world to crash.

Last edited by yeena on Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:48 am, edited 5 times in total.
yeena

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby olivionary » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:05 pm

username: olivionary

Flitz Name: Marise
      Marise is a masculine name that I stumbled across while searching for a name that meant 'many' or 'multiple', since I wanted this Flitz to have a name that was directly relating to their appearance - as would make sense with their story. The name itself actually means 'one who is infinite' or 'endless', which I think it quite pretty.
    Pronouns: They/Them

Disclaimer that this Flitz is heavy AU.

There was a time when Marise was not one entity. They were once three. A Demi-God who travelled the land with his two Flitz companions closely sticking to his side - no matter the hardships that they faced, they would face them together. It was not known to the man that his Mother was Auralis, the Goddess of Crossroads, Witchcraft and Necromancy for he had been left upon the steps of a Temple for Cyton, the God of the hunt, wilderness and balance. Marise would be raised there until he turned eighteen in which he left and began to search for his own path, as was custom in his culture.
    Growing up in the temple, Marise was taught to respect the world around him and to only take what it was that he needed. He never noticed that if he held a branch for too long that leaves would begin to grow. Nor did he ever notice the speed that his wounds appeared to heal, it was simply normal to him. He would reside in woodland for weeks on end, the foliage flourishing and the animals flocking to enjoy the tranquil home that the unknowing demi-god created. It was here that he met his two Flitz companions, amongst the trees trying to find food for themselves, but growing frustrated at their lack of success. The pair had grown careless in their desperation for food, the ever increasing list of unsuccessful hunts angering their already rumbling stomachs.
    Marise did not take long to notice that these two Flitz were damaging the peace that had arrived in the forest. They were not successful in their hunt, but spent much of their time giving chase and angrily slamming through bushes and shrubs. Using nothing but his bow, a single arrow and his knife, Marise brought down a Buck that had been bothering an established herd. He knelt beside it stroking it's fur and quietly reciting a prayer to Cyton, thanking him for the food and maintaining balance within the forest. The two Flitz were quietly watching from a distance, appearing to debate whether they could obtain that food from him. Both jumped when they heard the man whistling and tossing chunks of the food in their direction, but their hunger guided them and they quickly consumed what was offered to them. "We can be friends, but you mustn't damage this land anymore. I will be leaving soon, you may stay, or go, or come with me if you like. It's a choice that is yours." The man spoke in a tongue that they had not heard before, but his soft tone and offering of more food told them that he was not their to do them any harm.
    The pair of Flitz stayed with Marise from that point onward. The man spoke to them often, for they were he only companions through his travels. They would sleep close to one another in a heap, though it wasn't uncommon for the Flitz to take shifts guarding their human companion from potential threats. Admittedly they were unsure of how this relationship came to be, but if the pair had never met Marise then their lives would have been very different.
    Things were to get stranger as time passed, Marise felt drawn to climb the Mountain of the Gods. Both the Flitz were unsure, but Marise was their human and they would go wherever he went. He told them they could go. He insisted that they did not come. He had taught them to hunt for themselves and taught them to track. They had brought him food before. They had snatch fish from rivers. They no longer needed him. The Flitz did not feel the same way.
    As a trio they climbed the mountain together. It was going well. Marise had traded some of their fresh kills at a local town for jerky and biscuits that would last them long enough to reach the top and climb back down. They camped in caves, where Marise told stories around a fire to the Flitz who would happily vocalise as they sat together. That night they slept in a head with their shadow tails wrapped around their human, happily snoring through the night, unaware of the events that would follow them the next day.
    Together they set off again in the early hours of the morning. The rocks were even more treacherous than previously thought. The Flitz went ahead, leading Marise to the safest routes up the mountain.
    It was one slip. That was all it took.
    The man tumbled, falling in a heap against a rock. The smaller Flitz froze, while the larger of the two quickly made his way to their human. "Good boy." Marise spoke softly, holding his ribs as he looked up at his companion. He was weak, too weak for his regenerative abilities, not that he had ever known of them.
    The Gods were watching in silence from their place above the top of the mountain. Normally they would make their visitors come to the top of their mountain to be blessed, but they knew already that the man would be blessed. Cyton was impressed with Marise's efforts over the years. Auralis was surprised by the man that her son had become, she wished to grant him the choice to join the Gods realm. Deep down she knew he would not choose that.
    As the Gods were about the offer a choice to Marise, they stopped. The two Flitz were carefully working together to lift Marise up. They knew he wanted to reach the top and that was what they were going to do.
    Marise knew he reached the top. In fact he remember walking there with a man on his shoulder. He also knew that the man was him. He also remembers being carried up the mountain by the Flitz. His body didn't feel like his body. He tried to wiggle his fingers, but that wasn't right. He lifted his head and tried to call for his Flitz companions, but no voice escaped, only a rumble from his chest. He turned his head over and over before feeling his body morphing. Two new heads now sat besides his own and happily licked his face. His Flitz. They were blessed with an eternal bond, a new life and new found control over his regenerative abilities. Marise could hear the Gods around him, quietly blessing them as they stood in their presence.
    This happened decades ago, maybe centuries. Although they were aware of their old life, Marise now recognised themselves as a single being with no distinction between their original states.

Marise, the Gods of bonds, new hope and new life.
Last edited by olivionary on Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
edon & shania pixels by syntheticfox - vern by loafhound - vern and laith pixels by rayxray

ImageImage
━━━━━━━━━━━━
olivia. she/her. feb 14.

"You're as subtle
as a wrecking ball."

━━━━━━━━━━━━
ImageImage
olivionary

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery