My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Sima NB#100- OPEN

Postby Medd-Lee » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:45 pm

Username: Medd--Lee
Name: Gwil (Can be pronounced Gwill or Gill)
Meaning: Welsh form of a much more common name; William. William means helm, protection. The name has historically been a common name of kings and royalty - it refers to the high, exalted status of a ruler. Gwil here got this version; a common name with an especially uncommon spelling. Shortened, but to the point. Gwill, since learning the origins of his name, has wondered if the change from the norm was intentional. If he was destined for a lowly life of solitude, leading no one.
Story:

Mentioned Sima links
Leon's Tragedy(Important) and his wife Senara
They have found each other and begun rebuilding their kingdom at this point, enjoying the company of their children. <3
Cerwyn, the young prince
The other mentioned heirs; Reanna, Julian, and Acaius

Caution or Paranoia?
Since the fire that destroyed his life, King Leon has spent a lot of his time learning to suppress any incendiary abilities he has, and has taught his fire-jeweled kid the same thing: there is almost nothing that these powers should be used for, especially by a royal. He had safety systems put in place in case of another fire, including vats of water in most rooms, and training of the royal guard on fire suppression became mandatory. To be certain, he taught it himself.

Leon was sure he was only making sure that he, himself, would not cause another tragedy; the damage to the castle in the previous fire was immense, and the effort that had been put in to fix it back up had been very expensive - so it must be protected. Never mind the panic he had to suppress every time he saw a torch or even a small thing like a candle.
Senara supported him in his caution, though she occasionally made an effort to try and help him become more comfortable. Leon tried during these little attempts; but none had worked so far.
Despite all of this, the pair lived a very happy life now - their kingdom was finally back on the upswing after the tragedy, and that was incredibly comforting.

And then his youngest, little Cerwyn, made a friend.

Cerwyn gently wandered into the room Leon had been working in, coaxing another, shyer sima in behind him.
For a moment, Leon was excited to see who the young prince had made friends with. He knew that he had a hard time making friends, and Leon would be delighted of him to have a companion, even a non-sima one. As he looked up, Cer's new friend moved into the room. He was definitely a sima - though he was larger than Cer, darker furred, and held a nervous, respectful posture. The young one lifted his gaze to meet the king's as Cer began to introduce him. All at once, Leon noticed the Sima's bright orange jewels, growing all over his body.

Suddenly, Leon was afraid.

Not only was this being of raw power and young impulsivity in his house, but the thing controlled fire -
Stumbling through the greeting, Leon wanted to leave the small room instantly. The young sima - Gwil, as he managed to catch, said nothing, but let Cerwyn speak. Leon's smile was plastered on his face, but he felt his hair stand on end as he offered a paw to shake the sima's paw.

The Gathering Pack

Gwil was nervous; he was incredibly nervous. He'd never met a king before! He wasn't sure what to do, did he bow? Did he call him "your majesty"? That's what the stories said to do - but those were old, weren't they? He followed Cer through the castle, aware as they passed through large halls and weaved through massive dining rooms - at least three, he thought. Cer was chatting softly the whole way, but the closer they got to the king, Gwil got more and more nervous. the pair passed many doors, many windows - the largest glass panes he'd ever seen, and many different castle workers before they stopped at a small door. Cer turned to Gwil before opening the door, offering words of encouragement.
"Hey, bud. Relax. He's cool, I swear. He lets me eat ice cream at midnight sometimes." Gwil's nervousness wasn't shaken, but he knew that Cer was confident for a reason.
"Ice cream?" he rumbled, voice still rough from lack of use.
"It's delicious, I'll show that to you next!"
And Cerwyn opened the door. The king was sitting at a desk, but when they came in he looked up. Gwil could easily see when he froze up. Something about Gwil made him very, very uncomfortable.

Unable to send it away due to Cerwyn finally making a friend, but also being unable to let go of the memories, Leon confides in Senara, who assures him that everything is going to be okay.
Cerwyn asks Gwill to come over a lot, and as Leon tries to get used to his presence, the kiddo notices how he acts. Somewhat unwillingly, Reanna and Julius also start to avoid the youngling, which bothers him further. He catches semi-hostile glances from the royals and their castle servants(at least, those who know), and becomes very aware of eyes on him at all times. He wonders why, the question gnawing on his mind like nothing else. He decides to try to be as friendly and polite as possible to the king, in hopes to earn the favor of everyone.

Unaware of the king's past, he sort of ups the tension on accident. Desperately confiding in Cerwyn, Cer explains the situation and scolds himself for being so unaware! Cer plots to help the two be more comfortable around one another.
The kiddo finally agrees to one of cer's plans, and the pair begin to get things ready...

I'm not sure what I'd like them to do to earn Leon's trust, but I'd imagine it'd be some very skillful display, very carefully aimed at being as low-danger as possible. Or maybe the kiddo needs to be heroic, or... I'm still working on it. But it's character growth!! For everyone!! And the kiddo would probably get adopted by leon in the
end of everything. Since the kiddo doesn't really have a home, which Leon wasn't really aware of
Semi-adopted. Probably like... a ward or something...? And Leon would tell him all about how he met senara
cute bonding time[/size]
Last edited by Medd-Lee on Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
unnessecary links wrote:Characters(old, LOL)
My SMWs(closed)
Flight Rising(idk why)
3k+ Chickens(active!)

Hi! I'm Medd! They/them please.
I am sometimes hard to reach on CS! If you need me quickly try Toyhouse(Medd-Lee), thanks!
Most links are outdated, sorry guys!
Medd-Lee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sunniedew » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:42 pm

mark owo
sunnie/snakies he/it
-average rudolph enjoyer
-probably playing apex legends
please do not send me messages
or trades unless prompted <3

(random PMs/trades give me an
anxiety spike if I'm not expecting
them, but if i've posted an
ad/messaged you first ofc it's fine)

✧ Oekaki Art Shop

✧ Range Trotters
Sunniedew

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Herstes ✦ Son of Eaters

Postby koegami » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:53 pm

Herstes Male He/Him Adoptive Parents: Necrolai + Polaris Rescuer: Lycan
      ---
      As a note: Herstes's Father is the Pure Blooded Jewel Eater and His mother is a Non-Gene Sima. His mother is a step-mom. His actual mother is a Pure Blooded Jewel Eater. Incase this doesn't make sense. Dad left stepmom with kid and took off. Step mom is unprepared and basically overloads. I have Herstes aged up to around 5 years old human wise to make cognitive sense, but most of these growths since those are fully formed edits and horns seems to have happened far earlier.

------------- { under the bed of comfort lurks temptation } -------------
      "mother always told me stories about jewel eaters. fowl creatures that preyed upon their gene-less cousins, consuming only their jewels. their bodies were jewel, covered by muscle, skin and pelt. she said that their teeth, claws and large horns jutting from their bodies were made of solid jewel. a tell-tale sign that they were so. i didn't quite understand. sometimes when i'm bad momma tells me that a jewel eater might come for me if i dont be good. that they see naughty kit's jewels and take them away.... i dont wanna be taken away."
      ---------------
      Herstes was blissfully unaware he was a full-blooded jewel eater up until the age of 5. His mother's mind jewel kept him from worrying about certain things, like his body's natural growth of jewels on the body, or how his nails and teeth were tougher than diamonds. She knew he'd realize soon enough that he was different and would lead himself down the path of his father.

------------- { mother says im different... why? } -------------
      "mother never talks about papa. when i ask she gets a sad look in her eyes, and she tucks her tail under her chest. she tells me not to worry about him... that he wont hurt me. i dont understand... why does she sound so sad?... sometimes i find myself having sharp pains in my back, momma says it'll go away soon, that i wont have to worry. i'd lay with her, and sometimes i'd look at her beautiful jewel and feel a little hungry. that was normal right? ... right?"
      ---------------
      Herstes had a good life up until the age of 5. Nothing was wrong with him, sometimes he'd see small bumps on his body that hurt when he touched it. But he and his mother played and played, he was happy. His mother told him the orange and hard spots on his back was how his body supplied nourishment to his jewel. Nothing to worry about. Anytime Herstes was hungry she'd do her best to hide crushed up pieces of jewel in his food. To atleast sate him a little while. That was, until his mother had had enough.

It wasn't until one day, jumping on his mother's bed, that he realized just how tired she looked. Admittedly they did play a lot; and Her's apatite was becoming more fierce by the day. The pantry shelves supplied with food were almost barren, and some of his mother's bills were starting to pile up. Herstes claimed up on his mother's side of the bed and sat on her chest. She looked so tired, groggily opening her dull eyes to look at her worried son. Her hair looked like it hadn't been combed in a week, and she had dark bags under her eyes. It took a few moments before Herstes' mom could sit up and help him down before getting herself out of bed. Her quietly left the room to let her get dressed, while he subconsciously itched at his back and rubbed his cheek. The bumps were getting bigger, and felt sharp. His teeth hurt.

He let his mother be for a few minuets before bugging her about being hungry. She hadn't walked very far, to the door with her bag and keys. And simply ignored his whining and told him to follow her. Herstes eagerly followed his mom out of their house and into town. Unaware of what was to happen next.

------------- { where did mother go?... im so hungry...} -------------
      Everything was fine. Herstes lived with his mother, who was gorgeous and sweet. His mother loved him with every fiber of her being. They simply went out to get some groceries. His mother led him to his waiting spot in the shade of a side alley just across from the store. She simply told him to wait and play with the stray cats while she ran some errands. So many people walked passed, some even stopped to say hello. But minuets turned into hours, and the longer Herstes waited for his mother to return, the hungrier he got. His mother never took this long. She always walked to the 4 stores in the area while he played with the kittens. He always could see her, but for somereason it was busier than usual today and she blended into the crowd and disappeared. It was getting dark, and Herstes started to worry. Soon, the ususally busy streets thinned out leaving just herstes alone in an alleyway. The kittens had returned to their homes, tired from playing with him. Not to mention he was getting so hungry. His mother never came that night. Or the night after. And not the night after that. Soon, he forgot how much time had passed, but he waited.

It had been 3 days since his mother left him in an alley. Herstes was getting hungry. He worried that his mother had forgotten about him. Like how she forgot to buy food or pay her bills. But... where was she? Herstes could feel tears in his eyes, and the sudden realization that his mother might not come back hit him full force. He cried for an hour, until he had no tears left, and his hunger was driving him crazy. He tried to steal some food from the stores but got chased off. Four days alone, turned into weeks. He drifted from place to place, searching for his mother. But soon he gave up, and slipped into an alley on the far side of town, to tired to move. "Im so hungry... Please...." Herstes sobbed in the alley, cold, tired and very hungry. The food he tried to steal did nothing to sate his appetite, and he could feel himself slipping. He hadn't eaten in weeks, not after his mother left him in an alley and told him she'd be back, Just wait. He waited day after day, night after night, and yet she did not return. Herstes didn't notice a dark sima approaching him from the streets.

"You alright Boy?" someone asked. Herstes looked up into the dark eyes of a sima. No one had payed any mind to him before, why was one suddenly? Herstes bloodshot eyes narrowed and he bore his teeth in a warning. "Why do you care old man." He snapped as the red eyes of his visitor widened before they narrowed. A soft raspy chuckle resonated from his body as he crouched in front of the emaciated boy. "Because your on death's door kid." the stranger mused, taking a good look at the small boy infront of him. Herstes' hair was unkept and matted. He was covered in soot and dirt, from squeezing through alleys in search of scraps or to evade persuers. His eyes looked wild; angry, confused, broken burning in them. The stranger assessed that the kit was far too weak to conjure a flame; and if he could, without food it wouldn't last long. "Looks like you've been here a long time, you'll starve if you dont eat." He stranger said, his tone soft. "Tried that old man. Nothing works." Herstes snapped, eyes narrowing.

The stranger sighed and fished in his pocket for something to help the boy. What he pulled out startled Herstes. In his hands were 5 jewels. Jewels from other simas. "Try these." the stranger said, his tone soft but rough. Herstes looked at the jewels with wide eyes, unsure of what to do. They had a sweet scent coming from them, and he heard his stomach growl. Slowly, carefully, Herstes took a single jewel from the man's hand and cupped it in his hands. The jewel was round, like an orb, and a soft blue. It was dull, with no life source connected to it. Slowly, Herstes found himself making an attempt to eat it. What surprised him was when his teeth simply broke through the jewel without a problem. The shards that hit his tongue made him shiver. It was..... good. Faster than he realized Her was scarfing down the jewels and reaching for more. "If you've got more old man give it." he demanded, he wasn't messing around. His hunger was raging and felt as though he'd die if he didn't fill his belly.

The stranger simply laughed and pulled a bag from the shadows and passed it to Herstes. "Here kid, knock yourself out." they mused. They seemed entertained. Not that Herstes cared. He ate all but one jewel, having consumed over 12. With a full belly Her felt his body warming up, his jewel power awakening just a little. With a full belly, Herstes rested his head against the cool wall on his right; and gazing up at the older sima. "Can I ask you a question sir?" Herstes said, fighting to keep his eyes open. The older sima chuckled. "Sure kid." he said, sitting down and watching Her with cool eyes. "Since you helped me 'n all... What's your name?" Her asked, fighting the urge to scoot over and sit next to him. The stranger grinned, seeming to expect the question. "Name's Lycan. What's yours?" He asked. Herstes mulled over the strange name for a bit before answering. "Herstes. Momma will be back soon, and when she does come i want to tell her you helped me." Herstes mumbled.

A grim expression appeared on Lycan's face as he looked Herstes up and down. "Well, i can take you to a safe place where you can wait for your momma." he said. Herstes mulled it over. His momma told him to never follow a stranger, but... Lycan was his only option. It was going to storm soon, and he could feel himself getting hungry again. "I hope momma wont mind." Herstes said, struggling to get up. After allowing Lycan to help him up, the older simas simply picked him up, putting him on his back. After a quick glance at the alleyway, Lycan stepped out onto the street and headed out of town.

------------- { will mother mind of i stayed with them for awhile? } -------------
      The treck on foot out of town was long, but Herstes kept warm. Lycan had given him his furred jacket once the rain started, and Herstes never felt dryer. They were moving up a long road, heading towards a moderatly wooded area. "Hey, what did you give me?" Herstes asked, as Lycan moved off the paved road and along a gravel one, trailing deeper into the woods. Lycan hummed, stepping around a mud hole. "Your very special kid. And what you require, is something equally as such." he said. Herstes thought about how the jewels he ate made him feel better, and had a sinking feeling. "Am i a monster?" Herstes asks, holding onto lycan tighter. The older sima shook his head with a laugh. "No, no, not a monster. Just very very unique." He reassured. "Your what is called, a jewel eater. Your a special type of sima who doesn't get nourishment from eating normal foods. You are only able to gain strength from the jewels of other simas." He started, Herstes rested his head and remembered his talks with his mom about jewel eaters. "Is that why i could eat those jewels?" he asked. Lycan nodded, slowing down to hop over a tree branch. "Yes. Jewel eaters's nails, teeth and bones are all made of jewel material. So it's very strong. That is how you were able to eat and digest those jewels with no problem. Any simas jewel looks tasty to Eaters. So you have to be careful not to hurt anyone you love." He finished. Herstes nodded, feeling sleep coming on. "Rest kid, we'll be there soon." Lycan said, tone soft. Herstes laid his head down and listened to the wildlife calls as he drifted off.

With the child asleep, lycan opens a rift in the ground and steps through. His domain was hot, but he was careful to pass through quickly, using his armor to provide a barrier. Lycan passed through the gates and opened a second rift to the location of Herstes' new home. Passing through, lycan sighed and checked to see if Herstes was alright. At the sight of the young boy asleep, he continued on. The trek through the forest was short, the moon light his path and he could see the lights reflecting off the trees in the distance. He hoped they were still up. Herstes smelled a sweet scent in the air and groggily opened his eyes. Picking his head up he took in the open field in the middle of the woods. Flowers of all colors danced in the breeze, while basking in the moons glow. He noticed a large house in the distance, lights on and lit lanterns lining the pathway. A soft orange glow lit the house as lycan approached. The sweet scent was getting stronger. He bit his lip to stifle a whine as he fought the sudden hunger start to warm his core. His first meal in weeks was quickly being consumed, and he felt himself growing hungrier. Lycan glanced back out of the corner of his eye noticing the child was awake. "Your up, good. Here here." he said. Two shadowy figures were by the window, Herstes couldn't make them out. He started to feel afraid. He hoped mother wouldn't be upset by him going with a nice stranger.

Lycan approached the door, as the two figures in the window moved about the house. Herstes could hear things being moved, and tried to swallow his fear. Lycan stopped at the bottom of the steps, setting Herstes down and letting the boy hide behind him. Allowing Herstes to peek out from his hip Lycan knocked on the door. "Hey, you two still awake?" He called, stepping back. No sooner after he knocked did the door open. Two elder ladies stood; one was beaming, soft eyes wrinkled with age, and long blue hair was draped on a mane over her shoulders. Another far younger but also aged woman stood, grey eyes wide with worry; and a hand wrapped around the blue haired woman's hip. "Hey Sweet, what do you have there?" The younger silver haired woman asked, voice incredibly soft.

Herstes took in the two women standing before him. The Blue-Haired woman looking far older, was blind he noticed. She had a very sweet scent wafting from her, and although elderly she radiated kindness and love. The other woman with short silver hair, looking far less soft, dark eyes sharp and horns jutting from her shoulders. Her nails were long and silver, and her jewel was a sharp grey. She smelled sweet, with a woodsy tint too it. They were watching him with worried eyes. Herstes tried to be brave. Lycan clapped Herstes on the shoulder and turned to the ladies. "Polaris, Necrolai, i was returning from some errands and happened upon this young jewel eater-" He started before Polaris cut him off. "Goodness! your both soaking wet, come, come out of the rain." she said, stepping outside and gently guiding them both inside. "Lai-Lai, can you get some towels for our guests? I'll reheat our soup." Polaris said, showing the boys to their couch and rushing into the kitchen. Lycan smiled and guided Herstes to the couch. "Here kid, have a seat." lycan said, sitting on the arm of the couch. "Right on it 'Ris." the dark sima said, closing the door and rushing deeper into the house to get some towels.

Herstes sat closer to Lycan, still worried about the intention of these ladies. From their nicknames, He assumed they were married. The blind blue sima being Polaris, and the dark one being Necrolai. Looking around their home, He took in the simplistic but beautiful layout. It kind of felt like home. He and his mother didn't have much either, but it was nice. A good scent wafted from the kitchen as he heard Polaris humming. "Here we are, dry yourselves, i'll start a fire." Necrolai said. Herstes hadn't heard her return. "Thank you, and allow me." Lycan said, passing the towels to Herstes and flicking his wrist towards the fireplace. Suddenly in a woosh, the fireplace was lit, red flames hungrily licking at the wood. Herstes touched the towels and noticed they were warm, albet freshly dried and sighed.

The warm towels quickly dried him, grunting as lycan helped dry his hair. Polaris walked out of the kitchen, hands full with muffins and soup. "Here boys, eat." she said. Setting the food on the table with care. Herstes almost forgot she was blind, it was as though she had an in depth knowledge of her home. Lycan passed the warmed food to Herstes, as well as some jewels. "Here child, eat." lycan said. Polaris settled in a rocking chair across from them, humming still. Necrolai sat herself in another chair next to Herstes. "If i'm a jewel eater, shouldn't I eat just jewels?" Herstes asked, warily looking at the good soup and warm muffins placed in front of him. "Well, yes. A jewel eater is meant to eat jewels, but what's the harm in eating other things?" lycan asked. Herstes couldn't resist the feast in front of him and eagerly dug in, nodding to lycan.

Necrolai watched him, her eyes warm. "You said he was an Eater Lycan?" she asked. Herstes glanced at her, but moved back to eating. "Yeah, looks like he hasn't eaten in a long time. I was hoping you had room in your hearts to help one more." Lycan said. Looking at both women. "J-Just until momma comes back." Herstes chimmed in. Having finished another good meal, stomach full and warm. Polaris and Necrolai nodded. "Of course, just until your momma comes back. We'll take care of you until then." they both said. Herstes nodded. He hoped his mother wouldn't mind.

------------- { they said i can call them both "momma" } -------------
      Once Herstes' belly was full, he laid down on the couch. Lycan, Polaris and Necrolai were talking about how he was found. Herstes couldn't help but stare at their jewels. They wouldn't mind if he took a bite from each of their's right? they looked good. He didn't notice them all looking at him. "He needs around the clock supervision." Necrolai said, narrowing her eyes at Herstes. Polaris shook her head and moved to set next to Herstes. "No he doesn't. He needs care." she said. Herstes fought the temptation to just eat her jewel, it was becoming hard to think. Slowly, Polaris passed some jewels to Herstes quietly telling him to eat. Herstes looked at her, nearly unable to stand his hunger any longer. Slowly taking the jewels with shaky hands, he managed to eat 3. Having a semi-full stomach settled his hunger as he instinctually rested his head on her lap.

Polaris didn't mind, and smiled as she felt him rest his head on her lap. Humming, she combed her fingers through his hair, massaging the spots where his horns and spines were starting to come trough. Herstes weighed his options. Either he could stay with them or return to the alley in the morning in wait of his mother. His heart was telling him to stay, he was safe, and warm. His heart knew his mother wasn't coming back, but... he couldn't abandon her. Necrolai noticed Herstes tearing up, lost in thought. Smiling gently she caught his attention by leaning down. "Hey, why dont we run a bath for you? And then you can get cozy. Your tired, but you dont have to sleep if you dont want to." She explained. Lycan nodded, having moved towards the door.

Herstes closed his eyes at the thoguht of a warm bath. Maybe they had toys? a duck? Nodding, Her sat up. "I'd like that, thank you." he said. Polaris beamed and stood up, Necrolai stood as well seeming pleased with the answer. Herstes looked at Lycan, he seemed like he needed to leave. "You'll come back tomorrow right?" he asked. Lycan turned to look at him, a curt nod was given. "Yeah, i'll be back tomorrow to check on you." he said. Herstes shook off his worries and eagerly followed the Ladies through their house. "Thank you, See you tomorrow Lycan!" Herstes called, waving. Lycan held his hand up in farewell before leaving the house. Polaris held Herstes' hand as she guided him through their home. She led him to their bedroom and passed into the bathroom. "I'll start your water." she called as Herstes sat on the bouncy bed.

Necrolai came into bedroom with an armful of clothes. "Here, i've brought some things for you!" she said. Setting some pajamas on the bed. "Pick one out!" she said, smiling gently. Herstes turned to the pajamas and immediately fell in love with a white wolf onesie. "This one!" he said, pointing to the pajamas. Necrolai smiled and set it aside. "Alright, i think your bath is ready!" she said as Polaris walked out, a very sweet scent coming behind her. Herstes smiled, climbed off the bed; and peeked into the bathroom. The bathwater was hot, steam coming off it. A strawberry scent was coming from the bath, Herstes could see bubbles and a yellow rubber duckie floating in the water. "Thank you!" he said sticking his hand into the water to grab the rubber duckie.

Polaris helped Herstes into the tub after undressing him. Necrolai sat down on the bed, smiling gently. Herstes played with the duck while Polaris washed his hair. Muk and Grime came off his hair and body as he was scrubbed clean. Herstes smiled and relaxed in the tub, enjoying the gentle strokes and soft hums from Polaris. He wasn't thinking about his mother or his woes from the past few months. He was feeling good, even starting to get comfortable. They were nice, very nice. They fed him, gave him things and showed him love even though he was a stranger. "I'm Herstes by the way." He said, leaning into Polaris's gentle touch.

Polaris smiled and nodded. "what a beautiful name dear!" Polaris gushed, draining the water and helping Herstes dry off. "My name is Polaris, My lovely wife over there is named Necrolai." she said. Herstes nodded and enjoyed being wrapped up in a big towel. "I have a question." Herstes asked, waddling out of the bathroom and into the bedroom. "What's that dear?" Necrolai asked, as she helped Herstes into his chosen pajamas. Herstes smiled in his wolf pajamas. "What did Lycan mean by 'Open your hearts to another'?" he asked, turning to look at them both. Polaris was gushing over how cute he looked in that onesie but chuckled softly at the question. "You see dear, were known to help little ones like yourself and give them a safe place to grow up! when they are ready to move out we'll help them!" She explained. Herstes understood. It was why they were so excited to have him, knew about jewel eaters and even had toys and clothes for him. "Thank you both" Herstes said, hiding in his wolf hood. "Of course dear~" They both said.

After a tour of the house and a talk about the kids before him that came through, Herstes found himself drifting off on the couch. A few hours later Herstes awoke so the calming crackle of the dim fire, and a note on the table reading: Were in our bedroom. Herstes rolled off the couch and moved through the house to find the ladies in bed, awake and quietly talking about Her's history and what to do to make him feel better. ".. You awake?" Herstes quietly asked, walking over to the bedside. Necrolai rolled over and beckoned for Herstes to climb in. Herstes climbed into bed and was tucked in between them with a warm blanket. Polaris moved her hair out of the way and allowed Herstes to settle in close. Herstes fell asleep content with his current situation. "Night.... Momma.." Herstes mumbled. Polaris and Necrolai simply smiled and kept him warm through the night.

"They said even though i was waiting for momma, that i could stay as long as i liked. They were very nice, and said they had lots of friends for me to meet. I was worried about hurting them and being hungry all the time. But they simply promised that i would be fed. Necrolai said that "under the bed of comfort lurks temptation"; and i think that i understand a little now. That even though I'm comfortable and happy, the temptation of my jewel eater genes still lurked. I just had to manage it..... I even started to call them Momma. At first it was weird but it felt right. but they said i can call them both momma..."

------------- { i think im starting to like it here } -------------
      { Mother's Not Coming Back }
      -----
      ✧ Herstes came to terms that his mother wasn't coming back for him about 6 months in. He always knew that she had left him, probably due to stress and how expensive his care was. Not to mention his father was also a jewel eater and left his mother when he became bored. Herstes finally let go of his mother and began to truly accept the love Polaris and Necrolai both gave to him unconditionally. They never complained about his hunger and fed him as much as he needed. Sometimes Herstes' instinct would overtake him and he'd find himself trying i vain to take a bite out of their jewels. But they played it off and kept him sated with other jewels that Lycan delivered.

{ Tempting Fate }
      ------
      ✧ As Herstes got older, his instincts to consume jewels grew with him. Sometimes he'd find himself drooling over a friend's jewel and not even know. Or find himself watching a stranger wag their tail in contempt across from him. Herstes soon began to understand his hunger and always carried jewels with him, or jewel shards. He found that jewels of his own element were the most filling, so he carries mainly fire jewels with him. Now he's comfortable to carry them wherever he goes, keeping his temptation at bay and his belly full.

{ 2 New Friends }
      ------
      ✧ During a summer excersion to a beach, Polaris and Necrolai introduced him to two new simas: Abhay and Kid. Abhay and Herstes met and took to each other immediatle; and happily bounded around in the sand. Kid was wary of the jewel eater at first, but Herstes introducing himself and admiring his flames and cool jewel had Kid warming up to him in no time. Kid showed him tricks he could do with his flame and Herstes tried really hard to follow his instruction. Herstes in return buried Kid in the sand and was astounded when Kid was very contempt to stay there, head sticking out. Herstes proceeded to bring him offerings like seashells and crabs and Abhay making a sand castle next to him. Herstes enjoyed being with his new friends, and was happy they didn't care about his jewel eater nature.

{ A Mothers' Love }
      ------
      ✧ Polaris and Necrolai had to get used to Herstes warming up to them. It took about 3 months for some of Herstes' true colors so shine through. He became quite vocal, very interested in wrestling and playing tag with them. Necrolai easily kept up with him, racing him around the yard in a friendly competition of who can complete the chores the fastest. Polaris was content to teach Herstes how to garden and maintain his jewel, horns and spines. Herstes learned how to appreciate nature and give love even if it's not returned. Herstes came to adore his mothers and happily talked about them to anyone who just happened to be in the area. Lots of cuddles, baking and baths were given and Herstes always tried his best to give all his love right back.

{ Book of Life }
      ------
      ✧ Occasionally after a full meal, Herstes has something called the "Wiggles". It's similar to a sugar rush. Herstes will race around the house and yard, and whenever he stops he'll wiggle, get set and race around again. He'll act crazy until he's settled down.

✧ Herstes, while having been abandoned, has never hated his mother. Even though she left him, he understood that being a jewel-eater was a hard thing to manage. Even he couldn't control himself sometimes and let his temptations take control. All jewels are a temptation and he guess she was worried about being able to take care of him properly.

✧ While Lycan rescued him, Herstes hasn't asked about him. He thinks of Lycan as his savior and knows he's a very strong sima. Her respects him immensely and hopes to thank him one day. Lycan comes to see him quite often and Her always loved to talk about how much he's learned. Lycan often gives him little bits of advice and Herstes absorbs every bit of it.

hh ok
    good luck everyone ~
    my hands hurt and sen i apologize to you and your eyes ;w;
    wasn't meant to get so long but it's been awhile since i've written something decent.

if i make art it's probably not going to the winner fyi
Last edited by koegami on Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:57 am, edited 6 times in total.
koegami

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby corviidae » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:09 pm

Week warning. Please finish your forms or request an extension!
    xxxx_________________xx
        sen - corvii
        xxxxxshe/her ⚢

xnot super active anymore
      xxxask abt my chickens

xxxx_________________xx

xx❁۪ sithis・lucille・betty・calypso ❁۪

❁۪ bandit・millie・zoot・pepper・coconut ❁۪

❁۪ sarsaparilla・truffle・spider・ladybug ❁۪

❁۪ blackbeard ❁۪
corviidae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby corviidae » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:10 am

extended for another week! ends on the 16th.
    xxxx_________________xx
        sen - corvii
        xxxxxshe/her ⚢

xnot super active anymore
      xxxask abt my chickens

xxxx_________________xx

xx❁۪ sithis・lucille・betty・calypso ❁۪

❁۪ bandit・millie・zoot・pepper・coconut ❁۪

❁۪ sarsaparilla・truffle・spider・ladybug ❁۪

❁۪ blackbeard ❁۪
corviidae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Sima NB#100- EXTENDED, OPEN

Postby Breado » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:33 am

username: Breado || name: Airo Sandari || gender: male || prompt: #2

Airo wrote:I was born under the ground, in a large cave system I assume my parents discovered. I only assume, because I never knew them. I bet it was fun though, discovering such a huge thing as this - I can only dream of doing something similar myself! But I'm working on making it real, I tell ya! Because I'm indeed an explorer myself; I always made sure to go further and further into the caves every time I went hunting for crystals and sometimes I found interesting things. One time, for example, I found this pretty shiny blue fabric - I always wear it on my tail even now - that seems quite resistant to my fire.
I don't know how it got there, but there's not a chance I'm letting go of it, ever!
Unfortunately, I had to travel quite far after a while to find tasty crystals, but hey! That's never stopped an explorer like me!

Airo wrote:It happened on one of my 'hunting trips' that I came across an unfamiliar, weird smell. It was almost like mine? But... it was somehow different. 'Cleaner', maybe?
I was searching around in one of the rooms of the cave system. As I was going around inspecting the walls, I slipped and slid down a hole I failed to notice.
I landed on some puddle of sand, and as I quickly stood and dusted myself off I spotted some light at the end of the path before me. Carefully, I creeped towards it. I noticed that the closer I got to the end, the louder I heard some noises - they were like my own, but... different, in a way? One was a bit higher pitched, while the other was somewhat deeper than mine.
When I reached the end, I hid behind the side of the cave wall.
I listened to them.

I heard them talk in a language I didn't understand back then. And also laugh. I also heard something hit the ground repeatedly - at first I thought they were throwing a rock, playing with it like that or something, then I spotted what they were playing with roll through the entrance of the path, beside the wall I was hiding behind and rolled towards where I came from. It was round, and red, and had a dull shine to it (later I learned they call it a 'ball', and boy is it fun to play with!). And soon enough its owner followed!
The sima didn't notice me at first - he couldn't find it because of the dark - he only noticed me when he turned around.
We both just froze. I dunno what was going on in his head but I know that I panicked and attemped to run back to where I came from! Except... I forgot that I couldn't go back because the exit was too high to reach. So what did I do? I, of course, took up my fighting stance: I lowered my head, showed my spikes clearly, and growled and hissed as loudly as I could. Looking back at it now, I can understand why the sima before me started laughing - ugh, I must've looked hilarious. But hey, I thought it'd work on him if it worked on bats!
Anyway. He came closer really carefully while speaking very softly and smiling awkwardly. Not gonna lie, that smile was charming... But I just kept on growling. And guess what?
When he finally reached me...
I didn't do anything, of course! Haha! You thought I'd attack him? Nah. I just kept on growling and not moving, like some idiot. He then stopped, turned around and hurried back to where he came from. While he was gone, I thought about trying to climb my way back to where I've fallen from, but while planning my escape the two were already coming towards me. So instead, I just assumed my defensive stance again.

Airo wrote:After they finally managed to convince me that they aren't a threat, Jupiter and Neptune introduced me to their parents, Magnus and Wynnstan. For a long time we only spoke using only signs we made up and sounds I made. Magnus and Wynnstan basically treated me as their own as soon as they learned that I don't belong to anybody in the town they (and now me too) live in. They helped me in any way they could, and slowly I started learning their language! It... wasn't easy. But I can understand them now, and even speak it too! Not fluently, but... hey, progress is progress!
I won't lie, everything on this level of the cave system was unfamiliar yet... familiar, in a way? I'm not sure if you know what I mean, but this is really what it felt like. Like this whole new hidden world, just under where I used to live! Who knew something like this could be hidden for this long from an explorer like me?
And strangest of all: none of them - the 'simas', that's what they call themselves, and that's what I am too, apparently - look like me. They don't have spikes, or transparent crystal teeth, or shiny crystal claws like me, they all look... boring. But in a good way! I mean that in a good way, I swear!

They also introduced me to this level of the caves; there's a lot more yummy crystals here that I can munch on whenever I please!
But... there's something... I don't know how to describe it but there's this feeling inside me whenever I see Neptune and Wynnstan's jewels...

Airo wrote:You see, their and some other folks' jewels here in the town aren't like mine or Jupiter's or Magnus's...
They look so much like those tasty, tasty geodes I used to find back where I used to live. I know that the first time I noticed them - I mean Neptune and Wynnstan's jewels - I instinctively jumped on them, thinking they were real geodes. They, of course, corrected me, and even forgave me for this (though I keep seeing Neptune hiding his tail whenever I'm close to him, which I'm not surprised by), but I just can't help it... Even now, a year later I keep feeling this... hunger whenever I see those jewels.

Magnus seems to know something about this, but whenever I ask about it he just keeps mumbling and then saying something about 'books' or something.

Airo wrote:Entry 1?
Magnus told me it'll do good for me to practice writing, so here I am, writing a diary.
I guess this is a good day to start this since something did happen today. We went camping today! There's a lake not far from the town, a big-ish lake, but it's really nice looking. We just came home a few hours ago and I'm in bed now and almost forgot to write this, but hey here I am, doing it. Nep can't tease me about forgetting it now, HAH.
So... this was an entry.

Airo wrote:Entry #13 i think
Nep says my writing looks worse than chicken scratch.
What's even a chicken? Is this a thing on the outside? Like ouside the cave. Jup says the outside is beautiful. I hope we'll go outside then sometime. I'm curious about it.

Airo wrote:Entry #14.
Okay, so I mentioned the outside in that previous entry, yeah?
I can't believe this, but Nep and Jup managed to convince Wynnstan and Magnus to take us camping! OUTSIDE!! I am so excited, I'll finally see what it's like! I'll write more after we're home.

credits:
  • pixel art by me - do not use my pixel art without my permission!
  • art by me - if i don't win, pleaase don't use the art i made!
  • font
Last edited by Breado on Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:26 am, edited 22 times in total.
Image ~ Image Image Image Image ~ Image
ImageImageImageImageImage

Breado

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Sima NB#100- EXTENDED, OPEN

Postby rem sleep » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:58 am