Re: Buttermilk #768

Postby sprig » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:10 am

username: sprig
name: whisky
collar color: creamy white
happy memory!:

Let me tell you about my wedding day.
I woke up at 5:30. My alarm wasn’t set to go off until 6:30, but I couldn’t sleep anymore. I showered, blow dried my hair, and sat alone in the dark living room at my moms house for everyone else to stir. I scrolled through Facebook, a collection of “happy wedding day!” and various other posts were on my timeline. I attempted to eat some cereal and milk, but I had butterflies in my stomach and didn’t want to eat much.

At about 7:00 my bridesmaids arrived one by one, and all of a sudden it seemed like the house was buzzing with giggles and voices. I did everything I could to stay involved in conversation, keep up with my soon to be husband and his boys, but the whole time I was thinking to myself, ‘this isn’t real.’

I don’t think my mind fully wrapped around what was happening until the minute I was standing at the back of the sanctuary, alone with my dad. The doors were closed and everyone had walked down the aisle already. I remember so clearly, it was like I was hit by a bus. All of the emotions that I had tip toed around all day showed up, and panicking I turned to my dad. I wanted to say something but no words would come out. He linked my arm in his and put his hand over mine. “I love you, Gracie.”

I melted into a puddle. I’ve always been a daddy’s girl. And knowing I was leaving my dad for someone else, that I was going to be relying on someone else now, was so hard to take in.

I’ll skip the romantics of the ceremony, but we drove off, arrived at our hotel to check in, and realized we’d left the bag I packed with extra clothes, tooth brushes, soap and everything else was still back at my moms house. I slept in his button down, and the next morning I wore my wedding dress down to the car. It was hilariously tragic, and will forever be one of my favorite memories.
sprig

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby drift. » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:20 am

username: drift.
name: Elsie
collar color: match the butterfly maybe ? <3
happy memory!:

One of my favorite memories ever didn't happen that long ago, actually.
It was a 'milestone' birthday for me that year, as my dear best friend would call it,
but as some birthday's usually go I wasn't exactly thrilled to be celebrating. But my
girl apparently pulled a few strings at a local cinema, knowing how bent I was on
just ignoring my special day, and somehow got the theater to play Spirit Stallion
of The Cimarron for me on a Saturday. It was one of the most emotional times in my
life, and I think I cried during the whole thing. I love Hans Zimmer, and hearing his
music and seeing a movie I hold very dear to my heart on the big screen for the first
time was absolutely breath-taking. I'll probably never get to see it in a theater ever
again, so I'll cherish that moment with one of my closest friends for the rest of my life.
drift.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby junimo » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:25 am

username-
xxxxxxbandybear
name-
xxxxxxbriony - "to sprout," in latin
collar color-
xxxxxxpale yellow
happy memory!-
xxxxxxthis happy memory actually came to mind upon seeing the butterfly sitting atop this moo's nose.
xxxroughly a year ago, when my family was in a better financial situation, we were at a waterpark resort for a summer trip. it's worth mentioning that the sunscreen i was wearing had a slight vanilla scent, as did the mosquito spray i was covered in. i was lounging in a large inflatable intertube and floating along with a crowd on the lazy river. i heard some kids panicking, and it caught my attention almost immediately. they were yelling about a bumblebee that had been flying close enough to scare them. admittedly, that made me laugh. bumblebees are sweethearts, really, and are nothing to fear. this thought was reaffirmed when, moments later, i felt something land on my knee. i assumed it was a fly or another pesky kind of insect, so i prepared my hand to swat at it, but i am beyond lucky i looked. sitting on my knee was a tired bumblebee, taking a few moments to rest. i wasn't stung, and the bee flew off after about 15 seconds.
xxxxxxbumblebees are gentle creatures. they are nature's helpful creation. do not disturb them, and they will not disturb you.

⊹ bandit ⚘ he/him ⚘ adult ⊹
⊹ ace ⚘ trans ⚘ autistic ⊹
| | 🙐 | 🙖 | |

ImageImageImage
junimo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cactologist » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:26 am

username: Cactologist
    name: Giselle
    collar color: Orange like the butterfly!
    happy memory!: I was camping with my grandparents and my younger cousin a few summers ago, the last time I did so before my grandpa got really sick. My cousin had already gone to bed, and we were still sitting around the campfire, eating s'mores. Earlier our camping-neighbor had told us that the ISS was going to pass over, and we didn't know if we'd ever get the opportunity to see it again, so we decided to stay up late. After the sun set, the stars appeared, and I distinctly remember they were like none I had ever seen before. They were so bright, and I even live in a rural area. It was breathtaking. I remember it was so peaceful; only our hushed voices, the croaking of frogs in the nearby lake, and the campfire popping made any sound. Soon, we spotted the space station and watched its slow journey across the sky, like a sleepy shooting star. My grandpa told me about the only other time he'd seen it, as a child. I was so happy, and didn't know at the time how much I would treasure this moment as one of the last completely happy ones with my grandpa before all went south. That night, I went to sleep with pictures of stars projected on my eyelids and my heart (and belly!) full and content.
Cactologist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mierose » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:39 am

username: mierose
name: Lia
collar color: surprise me!
happy memory!: My best friend and I went to a field to hang out. We spent hours out in the sun weaving small clover flowers into crowns and laughing until we couldn't breath. It's one of my favorite memories to this day.
THE. SECRET. OF. LIFE. IS. TO. KEEP. LOOKING. UP

MickiJayGonny
KiffKnightDimi

Call me mier or rose | She/her | Lesbian | Sagittarius

Buttermilks

. .. .
mierose

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Knickknacks » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:44 am

username: Knickknacks
name: Amelia
collar color: you pick!
happy memory!:
This past year, my cross country team qualified for our state-level meet. The meet itself took place Saturday morning, so we drove up there on Friday to walk over the course and just have a Team day out beforehand.

That weekend was probably one of the best I’ve ever had- just the team bonding experience was incredible, and when the meet itself came our team put out a strong showing as well. We went out for dinner and demolished a plate of calamari. Some of the other girls showed up at my hotel room door, dancing around in face masks like the hilariously chaotic people they are. We wrote notes to our coaches and slipped them under their door as thanks (and I have it on good authority that at least one of them cried because of it).

The race, for me, was one of my best. The course at our state meet is hard, but I’ve always loved it because of the atmosphere and the challenge it poses. There was one point early on in the race where I wound up clustered in the crowd with four of my teammates and it was just. An incredible feeling, like we’re here!! We’re doing this!!

And after our own race? We got to watch our boys’ team, who had qualified as well. I don’t know how much you know about cross country, but let me just say that spectating for it- especially at a race that big- is extremely chaotic (and so fun!!), because people are running all. over. the. place. I’ve alwys loved being able to cheer my teammates on, and sprinting around the course (even though I almost tripped myself once or twice) was super fun and exciting.

I will always, always remember and cherish the memory of that weekend. I love my team from this year so much and am so glad I got to race with all those wonderful girls- and I was able to end my season on a note that I was proud of for myself as well.
Last edited by Knickknacks on Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hi there!
You can call me Knick! I'm a runner and casual artist
who loves thinking about stories and never writing them.
I’m around for various arpgs and species stuff ^^

art fight!
threads for arpgs/species I'm currently active in:
kalons--salted stone--knollclan--sound asheep--haven
other cs characters™

she/her -- student -- est
Knickknacks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby waterglow » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:46 am

username: waterglow
name: Amber
collar color: your choice! :)
happy memory!:
My happiest memory is going to camp this year! It was incredible to go there without the weight of trying to be perfect for my now ex best friend. I could be myself without worrying about what people would think of me and I miss it so much. I also miss the amazing people I met who helped me come out of my shell. :)
she/her - adult - Taurus - artist

Hello! I'm waterglow, but you can call me Via.
I'm always open to chat and help with whatever you
need! I am not very good at communicating and I am on
the autism spectrum so please be patient with me as I am
trying my best! If I ever come off as rude please know
that I'm not trying to, It's most likely a tone issue on my end. :)
Sig and Prof pic made by
valkyrie,,

- Storage - Kalons - Boo Dragons
waterglow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PolarizedVertigo » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:55 am

username: PolarizedVertigo
name: Dusti
collar color: #86b7d1
happy memory!: When i met my best online friend in person! The year anniversary was like a month or two ago? His name is Dustin (see where i got Dusti from? haha) and honestly we had a blast, even if i thought the plane was gonna crash at one point (first time flying haha) and that i was going to freeze to death (I'm a south easterner and i went all the way up an hour to the Canadian border, never got used to the cold the whole time i was up there)
PolarizedVertigo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mars » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:44 am

username: pyroeis
name: etta
collar color: matching the butterfly ❤
happy memory!:

when I was younger, my school's orchestra hosted an annual event for students. it was a huge fall festival for us kids to hang out with our friends. we'd get together at a local farm, pick pumpkins and apples with our families, roast hot dogs and marshmellows for dinner, and wander through corn mazes doing scavenger hunts.

my senior year, I remember laying side-by-side with my friends on a rope web on the playground at the farm. it was dimly lit, surrounded by darkness after the sun set out in the countryside where there were no streetlights. fireflies dotted the fields around us, bonfires glowed a vivid orange in the distance, and we huddled tight within our hoodies and jackets to stay warm.

we were all about to graduate in the coming spring, and we knew that it would be the last time we'd all hang out together before going our separate ways for college. and yet,,,,,it didn't feel sad. we were all smiling, laughing, and enjoying the moment together.

it felt so surreal, like time had paused just for us. all of our worries vanished and we just enjoyed floating in that feeling of carefree bliss for a while as teenagers goofing off and relaxing under the night sky. it was one of the best nights of my life (:

화성 여성 레즈 감각처리장애 + 광장공포증

hi !! I'm mars, a gal with spd + agoraphobia.
I frequent the oc + adoptables side of cs.

my interests rn include genshin, skz,
learning languages, and drawing !! :3c

my cs inbox is full so please chat w/ me
on discord @ mars_v_e

나는 네가 자랑스럽다. 계속 최선을 다하거라 ♡

mars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups