My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Elenmorian Dragon 025 - open! [EXTENDED]

Postby Griffin Torrens » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:22 am

Hiya! I'm new to this species, so please forgive me if any of this doesn't fit? I want it to be right but also play around!

username: Griffin Torrens
name: Flint
Theme Song: Talk To Me - Cavetown

Most significant event: 961 words

I was gonna draw him too but I don't think I'll have time ^^;

Life was hard in his homeland. Shadows seemed to stalk you through the undergrowth, deadly claws just waiting to drag you to the afterlife. Like all the creatures around him, Flint had quickly learnt the dangers of the mysterious humans that inhabited the forest's surroundings.

It was rather lonely. The small creature spent his days flying through the the forest, unseen. He had been searching for one of his own. Every creature he met knew their name and their kind. But flint was stumped. His wings matched the birds, but his body didn't. He had horns like the deer, but that was all. When he'd first layed eyes on a snake his hopes had lifted, but the long animals couldn't fly. It was confusing to say the least. It felt like part of him was missing, like he was empty.

Flint desperately wanted a purpose in his life. He wanted to know who he was both by name and personality. Self discovery is easier said than done, however, and the first portion of his life was dark and cold. Yet that all changed in the blink of two multicoloured eyes.

The sun was setting, it's golden glow lighting the trees with an illusion of fire. Flint cruised through the air with a frown on his face, heart sat heavy in his chest. "Perhaps... I need to leave the forest to discover who I am?" The breeze snatched his words from his mouth, carrying them behind the last trees and to an unknown world. Tail twitching in hesitation, he inches closer.

A scream.

Head snapping to the direction of the ear piercing noise, Flint froze. The noise sounded again. It was some kind of creature, one he had yet to meet, but had an almost familiar call. A slither of hope made his heart jump, and before he realized the grey animal was soaring towards the sound.

Eyes sweeping over the earth, he spotted it. A circle of humans, going by the scent. Ominous black fabric was draped over them, concealing their features. A cloud of dust and flash of movement told Flint that there was something trapped between them, desperate to escape. Something inside Flint snapped. Without so much as a heartbeat of hesitate, he zipped into the clearing. No, he didn't have a plan to defeat the four, five... Six! Humans there, all he knew was that he couldn't stand by and do nothing.

In a blind rage, Flint shot between a human's legs, across the circle and out between another's. The group let out a startled gasp, stumbling over. They swung their shadowed heads around in confusion, searching for the disturbance, but the creature was used to hiding himself away.

Taking a deep breath, he flew back out, heading straight towards one of their faces. Improvising, he flapped to a halt before colliding, flicking his tail out to strike their face as best as he could before disappearing again with a screech. Unintelligible sounds of awed and terrified shouts rippled through the crowd. Flint watched as a few scattered in fear. His fury only free towards those who stayed put. Tensing his body, he flapped his wings as fast as he could, ramming the blunts of his horns in to the chest of a human, knocking the wind out of them. While they doubled over in an attempt to regain the air they needed, Flint flapped his wings, flying in place. Eyes full of rage, he stared down the remaining men. They stood frozen, staring back. Letting out once last screech, he charged. Thankfully, he never had to make contact, as the humans fled, leaving the forest silent once more.

Body slowly relaxing, Flint let himself float to the cause of the commotion. A pile of fur cowered on the ground, trembling. "Hey? Are you okay?"

Slowly, a long snout revealed itself, and the animal tilted it's head. "What?"

Flint recognise the language of the canines and quickly adjusted his dialect to match. "Ah, a wolf pup. Are you alright?"

The wolf, which Flint hadn't of guessed by its unusual white pelt, slowly nodded. "I am now. Thank you for saving me! I'd...best get back to the den." With a dropping tail and clouded eyes, the pup started to pad away. Flint watched in concern, instincts telling him to reach out. "Actually," the wolf said with a pause. "Can I ask you something?"

"Of course!"

"Do you.. do you think I'm ugly? I used to think my fur was pretty, like the moon. But the other pups told me it's horrible and I shouldn't like it. They said... I'm wrong," the pup cried, tears welling in it's eyes.

As if it was the most natural thing in the world, Flint curled himself around the pup. "Listen, there's nothing wrong with being different, or even one of a kind. Just like there's nothing wrong with being what other's consider "normal". Even more so, a lot of animals struggle to accept and love themselves. I'm proud of you for being happy to be who you are, don't ever let anyone tell you that's not okay. And for the record... I think you look like a shining star."

Giggling, the wolf shuffled itself out from his embrace, tears wiped clean and a smile on her face. "Thank you! I don't know what you are, but you're like a guardian angle!" With that, they scampered off.

Flint stared after it, heart warm and content. "A guardian angle?" Maybe it wasn't what he really was, but Flint smiled at the name. He blinked. That was it, his purpose. Of course he couldn't leave the forest, he was its protector! And he would do whatever it took to earn the name of a guardian angle.

Griffin Torrens

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Elenmorian Dragon 025 - judging!

Postby Breado » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:51 am

a bit late, but
this is now closed!
thank you to everyone who filled out the form!
i'll judge as soon as i can! <3
Breado

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Elenmorian Dragon 025 - winner!

Postby Breado » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:59 am

okay, i had a hard time deciding, but finally i've come to a conclusion ;w;
you guys all had such great ideas!!
i'd like to award Griffin Torrens and rabbit... 15 GP each!

but this fellow will go to Yuroshi!
i'm really interested in seeing Bex and Toph spend more time together, their relationship seems quite cute TwT
so take care of your lil flying noodle! <3
Image ~ Image Image Image Image ~ Image
ImageImageImageImageImage

Breado

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Elenmorian Dragon 025 - winner

Postby Yuroshi » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:42 am

Thank you so so much <3 I adore this precious little baby girl, and I’m super excited to have the two of them together, I can’t wait to develop them more!

Congrats to rabbit and griffin Torrens I loved both of your ideas as well!

PM's are always open, no matter what.
Have a wonderful day~

Avatar done by the amazing QueenNyra!!
Yuroshi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Elenmorian Dragon 025 - winner