Re: RPWFS - Foster a Friend [ OPEN ]

Postby River Song » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:01 pm

Username ;; River Song
    RPW Being Used ;; Goldwin
    Why are you applying / why would you be a good foster ;; Goldwin is a gentle and tolerant wolf, with a strong work ethic and commitment to the betterment of the world. He is deeply compassionate, and has a deep desire to heal those he sees in need of help. He has a few housemates, and so a fostered animal would have contact with other rainbow paint wolves, helping them to get the socialization they may need. When Goldwin is not at home, the likely hood of another rainbow paint wolf being around is quite high, just in case of an emergency. Along side this, Goldwin is very eager to please, wanting to make sure everyone is as happy as possible. He is guaranteed to do copious amounts of research on any foster he is given, as in his mind, to do anything less would be irresponsible. Although a little chubby, Goldwin is actually a quite active wolf. He spends his mornings walking along the beach, looking for sea glass and sand dollars, and so if a foster needed exercise he could certainly provide.

River Song

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Simonpet » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:42 pm

Username ;; Simonpet
RPW being used ;; Lemon Drop
Why are you applying / why would you be a good foster ;;
    Lemon Drop is very sweet and loves all animals, from the cuddly to the scary. This is particularly important as his day job is zookeeping; specifically, feeding the animals. He's learned how to understand a variety of nonverbal cues and how to establish trust between himself and an animal, which helps him in his job and has prevented many incidents from occurring while he's there. Although his home is very small, as he lives in the underground Luna Colony, he walks and travels enough that he believes any animals he keeps would have enough room to release their energy.

His one pet, a cuddlebug named Mullberry is very friendly and responsive to training, which would ensure that no fostered pets would be bothered by it. If necessary, Lemon would gladly train his cuddlebug as a temporary "companion" to an anxious fostered pet or conversely, train it to stay out of the way of a nervous/aggressive foster. Regardless of the type of pet, Lemon has experience in working with animals that have extremely different needs and cues, which would help him reduce potential conflicts between Mullberry and a foster.

Finally, it's always been Lemon's wish to foster an animal at some point but until now, he hasn't been able to find a good organization to foster from.
Simonpet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Venatici » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:29 am

round two is now open, here is the result from the first round:

lycan lowell:
this is a rambunctious ferret kiddo, having a plethora of bad behaviors... it might just be because of their situation, especially given that their fur is coated in soot and they have splotches of dried mud on them... hopefully you can help this one warm up to you!

pesticide:
this is a very young puppy, found at a few weeks old. it seems to be the runt of a litter, and it will need a lot of care; your freelance job should be able to afford you a lot of time that is necessary to take care of this little one! it might take a lot of perseverance too...

charrus:
it seems like you have a lot of larger animals... we have this little one after they were surrendered to us, covered in scars! they are terribly afraid and lash out... hopefully your love of animals can help this little guinea pig trust again!

goldwin:
this is an older feline who has seen a lot of trauma... their fur is all patched and they are real dirty... hopefully you can show the compassion and help rehabilitate them!

lemon drop:
it seems like your job as a zookeeper will come in handy... this is an usual rescue, a juvenile barn owl who got in some sort of tussle or fight. it seems to be very friendly and domesticated (well, as domesticated as an owl can be) and cannot be released back into the wild. while we sort out a sanctuary for this fellow, hopefully your expertise will come in hand!

goosie:
this is a strange egg, for sure... we are not entirely sure what type of animal this is, but it appears to be a turtle egg...? hopefully your quiet village life will be able to help this little eggie settle on in!

cherish:
hmm... it seems like your maternal instincts might come in handy. this is another young puppy, found at a few weeks old with its littermate... it is very clingy to the staff here, so hopefully you can start to have a bond with this one! it looks like they certainly need some love and support...

---

thank you for entering day one! here is our parent of the day: Lycan Lowell!
since there were no artist prompts there will only be one winner for today~

as time goes on, your animal will grow and change! so be sure to take care of them~
|
|

|

|
|
|

|
|

πšƒπš‘πšŠπšβ€™πšœ πš πš‘πšŠπš πš’πš πš–πšŽπšŠπš—πšœ 𝚝𝚘 πš‹πšŽ πšπš‘πšŽ πšœπšπš›πš˜πš—πšπšŽπšœπš, πšπš˜πšŽπšœπš—β€™πš πš’πš?
πšƒπš˜ πš‹πšŽ πšπš‘πšŽ πš•πš˜πš—πšŽπš•πš’πšŽπšœπš, 𝚊𝚜 πš πšŽπš•πš•.

π™Έβ€™πš– πš—πš˜πš πš•πš˜πš—πšŽπš•πš’ πš πš‘πšŽπš— π™Έβ€™πš– πš πš’πšπš‘ 𝚒𝚘𝚞

───────────────────────────────────── β™₯ ──────
morgan . he/him pronouns
my love β™₯ lgbt+ . blm

gonny b gay β™₯ rose β™₯ bark bark
bean β™₯ kilogram β™₯ giant rat

──────── β™₯ ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Venatici

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SkyWishes21 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:07 pm

Username ;; SkyWishes21
RPW Being Used ;; Lycan Lowell
Prompt number ;; 2
Prompt for the day ;;
To be fair, Lycan wasn’t quite expecting a ferret (although a ferret isn’t nearly the most exotic thing he’s fostered). However, he was only taken aback for maybe 10 seconds before he enthusiastically took on his new foster. This meant that it was time to go directly into pet-care mode, no matter what else needed to be done.

The first order of business was to ferret proof the house. Thankfully, the house was already mostly pet-proofed thanks to previous fosters and never bothering to un-pet-proof it. There were just a few things to do - remember to shut the kitchen door and ask Lycan’s husband Wednesday to make sure the foster room was clear so that the new ferret had somewhere cozy to be.

Lycan hadn’t fostered a ferret in a while, so he had to stop by a pet store during the long drive home in order to pick up a few essentials - a new, sturdy cage, food, etc. He only took a few minutes, worried about how the ferret would fare being stuck in a cage and full of energy for so long.

During his time inside the pet store, Lycan came up with a name he thought fitting: Tristan Rexford, or T-Rex for short.

Upon arriving home, Lycan took his time to introduce T-Rex to his new cage. He wasn’t the chillest, but that was to be expected. What Lycan really wanted to do was give T-Rex a bath (he’d picked up ferret shampoo at the store), but he wanted to make sure T-Rex was at least slightly acclimated to the new room (and knew where the litter box was) before giving him a bath.

Lycan encountered a problem quickly - T-Rex liked to nip him. A lot. That would be something he would have to train out as he introduced the new ferret to all the other inhabitants. When T-Rex nipped, Lycan would let out a yelp and set him back in the cage. This was a bit harder for bath-time though - he didn’t want to set T-Rex back in the cage until T-Rex was warm and dry. So, he settled for just the yelp.

Bathtime was a bit of an ordeal, and Lycan’s nearly limitless patience was tested as T-Rex kept trying to escape. However, Lycan was determined not to let his new friend remain covered in soot and mud so after a very trying time, T-Rex was nice and clean.

Overall, Lycan would rate this a successful first day. He wants to introduce the rest of the family over the next few days as well as start training as soon as possible. T-Rex is absolutely adorable, if quite rambunctious, so Lycan is more than willing to give him the help he needs.
planet || whatever pronouns man || hi im back ig. what's up
SkyWishes21

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Venatici » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:39 am

apologies for the lateness everyone- I’ve been sick.

that being said, day three prompt is up!

parent of the day is Lycan Lowell, once I am back fromclass I will give you your updated image!
|
|

|

|
|
|

|
|

πšƒπš‘πšŠπšβ€™πšœ πš πš‘πšŠπš πš’πš πš–πšŽπšŠπš—πšœ 𝚝𝚘 πš‹πšŽ πšπš‘πšŽ πšœπšπš›πš˜πš—πšπšŽπšœπš, πšπš˜πšŽπšœπš—β€™πš πš’πš?
πšƒπš˜ πš‹πšŽ πšπš‘πšŽ πš•πš˜πš—πšŽπš•πš’πšŽπšœπš, 𝚊𝚜 πš πšŽπš•πš•.

π™Έβ€™πš– πš—πš˜πš πš•πš˜πš—πšŽπš•πš’ πš πš‘πšŽπš— π™Έβ€™πš– πš πš’πšπš‘ 𝚒𝚘𝚞

───────────────────────────────────── β™₯ ──────
morgan . he/him pronouns
my love β™₯ lgbt+ . blm

gonny b gay β™₯ rose β™₯ bark bark
bean β™₯ kilogram β™₯ giant rat

──────── β™₯ ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Venatici

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen Vivane » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:19 am

Username ;; Queen Vivane
Rpw being used ;; Goosie
Prompt Number ;; 2
Prompt for the day ;;
Goosie blinked at the egg in surprise, of all things he thought about. An egg oddly enough hadn't come to mind, nevertheless he would do his best to watch over it. Despite not having the faintest idea of what to do. The pale rpw gently turned the blanket into a sling and slid his head through the loop. Making sure that the egg was secure against his chest and out of the grasp of the elements before he set off for home.

'What does an egg need?' He wondered to himself. Warmth he figured was a good enough place to start. The little being inside the egg wouldn't need food until it hatched. Perhaps the woman who lived over the road from him would have some useful advice, after all she had chickens.

Upon paying her a visit the woman was all too happy to try and assist the best she could. Upon learning that Goosie was carrying what was possibly a turtle egg she explained that she'd not be of much help. She could offer a lovely box and a heat lamp, though the lamp was a loan until chick season started.

Goosie was grateful for the help and decided that he'd head home. In order to set up what he currently had in his possession. He did wonder if any of his books would have advice on caring for a possible turtle egg.
Friendly reminder, AI generated pictures are not art and are actively trained on works from artists who gave no permission for their creations to be used.
Note for trades and PM's, I leave my CS tab open almost all the time for easy access. I am online but I'm not actively looking at the tab <3
Yes my characters are not actively developed, I place all the blame on hyperfixations not lining up with them.
Please don't message me asking if I'm selling or trading Closed species characters. If I haven't said otherwise? The answer is no.
HuaLian and Wangxian my loves
What I'm owed
x2 Unique Lambicorns
Queen Vivane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby padaleckii » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:00 pm

username ;; ~prophecy~
    rpw being used ;;
    cherish
    prompt number ;; 2

prompt for the day ;;
    cherish took hold of the small pup and coo’d at it softly. although her smile showed her obvious wariness, her eyes were warm and full of hope. she was gentle with the pup, careful not to move the blanked wrap around too much or too harshly. cherish spoke quietly to the sleeping pup: β€œyou have a lot to learn, little one. a lot to see and do and accomplish. the world might be cold and unforgiving, and maybe sometimes people give in to the coldness a little too much, but there’s always good in the world. there’s always someone there for you to help you and to protect you. and that’s what i’m here for. i’m going to try to be your good, okay? i’m going to protect you. you are safe with me, you hear?” the pup woke up to cherish’s rambling, which had started to become quite tense and emotional. the pup yawned and stretched out its toes, but then turned over just a little, twitched it’s ear, and buried its muzzle into the blanket, immediately falling right back asleep. β€œyou are safe with me.” she whispered.

a hound chased a rabbit, but gave up after a long run.
      a shepherd who watched came up to the hound and said,
      "the rabbit is the better runner." the hound replied,
      "i only ran for dinner.
      he ran for his life."

my: viscet storage Β» orb cat storage Β» deviantart Β» toyhou.se

also formerly known as ~prophecy~ & elysiium but i've
      been here nine years so don't blame me for changing it.

»»»
padaleckii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SkyWishes21 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:54 pm

Username ;; SkyWishes21
RPW Being Used ;; Lycan Lowell
Prompt number ;; 3
Prompt for the day ;;
Although giving T-Rex treats seemed like a good idea to help him warm up to Lycan, Lycan was planning on using treats to train his little friend instead. So, instead he gave T-Rex lots of time to get to know him and play. Lycan has found lots of ferret safe toys that he wants to introduce T-Rex to, ideally as rewards to good behavior (like not tearing up the room for instance).

Lycan has devoted a lot of his day to T-Rex. Of course, he doesn’t spend all his time with the ferret - that would be too overstimulating. However, he made sure T-Rex gets a lot of time to get to be familiar with him. He’s attempted to hold T-Rex (although T-Rex is too squirmy and nippy to be held until he’s been trained a bit more) and when that didn’t work out he went to just playing with him instead.

Training has begun as well. It is imperative to Lycan that T-Rex is trained as thoroughly as possible - the ferret is a fairly destructive little guy, and Lycan doesn’t want his forever home to be ruined by it (even if he’s T-Rex’ forever home). So, Lycan has begun training by using clickers and treats to reinforce good behaviors. Nothing as complicated as tricks yet, just training to help T-Rex chill out.
planet || whatever pronouns man || hi im back ig. what's up
SkyWishes21

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Simonpet » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:32 pm

Username ;; Simonpet
RPW being used ;; Lemon Drop
Prompt number ;; 2 (How do you react to the foster you were given?)
Prompt for the day ;; Lemon Drop immediately begins to feed the owl! He hasn't given it a name yet but he figures that if the owl stays with him for longer than a few days, he might as well give it something.
Simonpet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me