holy bagel

Postby veridian » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:43 am

username: qpple
    kalon name: Damien Veres
    what've they got to hide? Each child of the Veres family has their own secret to keep.

He watched the sun make its descent across the sky, painting wonderful hues of crimson, violet, and gold which stretch far and wide. It was hard to miss the dainty specks that had begun to litter the sky. Each luminous star was captivated in its own dance, elegantly making its way through the fiery hearth of the sky. The wind was gentle today, and pulled him into a soothing embrace, tinged with warmth; it brought the sweet aroma of coffee and cake up to him, shrouding him in a pleasant scent.

Damien Veres couldn’t help but grip his phone in defeat. Was he late? He scanned the sky with cold precision, paying no mind to the humble beauties the word brought. No. She should have called already. He paced the balcony, his hand skimming the crystalline glass railing. There was no reason for her not to have called, unless.. Is something wrong? What if she’s in a ditch somewhere? Why did he trust her to do this? She could be hurt, or even worse-

He slowly dragged his hands down his face. The sole reason he had agreed to take a short vacation was to relax, but all he could feel was his blood pressure rising every minute. He contemplated throwing his phone, when it abruptly vibrated in his hand.

Honey, I rose up from the dead, I do it all the time...

Beep.

“...Secure line. What’s up Dames?”
    “We agreed you were gonna call me at midnight for you, and it’s an hour past! I was worried something might’ve happened-”

“Daylight saving’s.”
    Damien rubbed his temple with his free hand. “That was last month. Don’t play with me.”

“I forgot?”

“...”

“Stop, I can hear your take-no-sass face through the phone. I’m flattered though. You got me, I went through turbulence! Something big’s happening tonight.”

“Without me?” He frowned, tapping his fingers on his arm. “Hngh. How is it going over there?”

“Yeah, your work stinks by the way. Can’t kill, cant maim, where’s the fun? Being a vigilante again sucks. But everything’s coolio- I’ve been working on a cold case too, you’re welcome. Oh, say hi. Ambi Wambi’s here as well.”

His eyebrows quirked up in surprise. “Hello, Ambrose.”

“Uh oh, gotta go! Ambi’s telling us game plan. We’re cracking down on a big case tonight. Lotsa guns and criminals. Have fun on vacay big bro.”

Beep.

Sighing, he stared into the distance. Of course, it’s beautiful, but he prefers the rush of adrenaline when he twists through the city, cutting through the raging wind and feral stars that gleam in the swirling ink night of the city. He... misses the cruel nature of the Crime Pentagon. He misses being a hero.

Each child of the Veres family has their own secret to keep. Damien couldn’t begin to tell you about all the secrets he harbour. He’ll be damned if he tells you at all.
Last edited by veridian on Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:58 am, edited 5 times in total.
veridian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

|| time is an illusion ; only the present matters now

Postby ✦ nemuri » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:47 am

x
    x
    x

[ username: ✦ nemuri ] [ kalon name: zero ] [ word count: 700 / 300 + 2 extras ] [ screenshot: xxx ] [ click img for credit ! ]

secret:

you stood amongst the stalks of wheat, feeling the last of the sun's rays as it gave way the bleakness of night. the light was as vibrant and golden as the wheat, you realized belatedly, watching with a heavy heart as the last of the rays were drowned out by the darkness. in time, a moon and millions of stars will shine, almost as though the sun had never even existed.

however, you understood that even if it seemed like the sun died everyday, it would always return with the rising dawn.

in some ways, it reminded you of your own situation — dying yet undying, longing to let go but holding on far too tightly to actually let go.

whenever you died, it was never truly dying; you'd just stop existing for a moment. you'd always come back, although not necessarily always back to the time you left. time was no longer linear — it usually fell down the hourglass, but sometimes, it'd reverse. through the complexities of the life you've long since stopped understanding, you remembered your lives.

the faces around you always changed, and every single day, you had to live. you've been doing it for hundreds of thousands of millions of years already. the cycle was tiring, sickening almost, but the rush of life you felt every day was what kept you going. it fueled the fire in the veins of your body; it made you breathless. it allowed you remember, if only for a mere moment, of how much you loved living.

it was a craving, an addiction, and as day gave way to night, the only thing you could do is beg plead, implore, prostrate yourself to the gods who made you this way.

wasn't that a fitting gift?

because you loved life so much, you were destined to live until the end of time, until the trickles of sand finally stopped moving in your hourglass. you loved and hated this arrangement — you were sure that you'd enjoy life more if you never retained the memories of old. you remembered so much too much, from faces of old friends to shared conversations to sweet moments between you and loved ones.

it drove you mad, and ultimately, it shaped who you were today. you were afraid of commitment how do you cope with loss when you've lost so much already? , yet you still stuck close to life, desperately searching for a meaning in something that never lasted.

but only for you, it did, and oh how you hated the gods for everything they stood for — !

today, you were zero. yesterday, you were corbin or maybe it was elias. tomorrow, you will be dante or perhaps you'll choose xavier instead. regardless of the choices you made in life, you couldn't die, and ironically enough, that would be the secret you'd take to the grave. if you didn't keep this to yourself, then who could you possibly tell? everyone else in the world was painfully mortal, and nothing would matter once you died, assuming that they'd believe you at all. besides, if they did believe you, who's to say that they wouldn't just take advantage of you and become the chains to shackle your feet to the ground?

that thought filled your mouth with a bitter feeling. it refused to go away, no matter how hard you willed it to. your vision swam, and as you brought your hands to your face, you felt like crying.

nothing made sense, but it was all okay in the end. you closed your eyes as the wheat swayed around you, singing praises of life, of fertility, of meaning, of resurrection. the day would restart, and you'd indulge on the drug you called life again. it would be a beautiful high, and you'd delude yourself into thinking that you were fine once more.

sighing, you raised your knife to your chest.

you plunged it in, and you died.

except you didn't — you never did, after all.

"but what if this was all a hallucination?" your bitter heart sang, and when you opened your eyes a moment later, you were greeted with the morning, with life.

"what if you sought death instead of life?"
        x
    x
    x
Last edited by ✦ nemuri on Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:45 pm, edited 10 times in total.
✦ nemuri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: staff kalon | whole wheat bagel

Postby Baylin » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:55 am

username: Baylin
kalon name: Jinn

A boy wronged by his kingdom decides to take matters into his own hands.

He was kept secret from his kingdom for this exact reason. His father was not a well liked man. Cruel and remorseless as he ruled with an iron gauntlet. With no known heir, the king could be disposed of and a new house would take the throne to make things right for their people. No one had expected a six year old boy to be left in the wake of revolution. He watched as his family was hunted for sport. Men and women cheered in the street when word spread. They left in the dead of night, the Regent had scooped the little boy into her arms and fled on horseback, not stopping until they had made it out of the territory.

Jinn slammed his fist onto the table and stood abruptly, "I will not stand Idly and watch criminals run my kingdom! They killed my family and have the audacity to ruin everything he built? This is not a legacy I want to leave, please Ophelia," his tone softened, pleading, "you have to let me go"

The woman sighed, how many times have they had this conversation? How many more times will they have it? After the usurp they had fled to an allied kingdom and hid as peasant farmers, a cowards way out. Jinn was nearly twenty now, he'd been training with the guards for years. He is as strong as he is brilliant. "You may go-"

Jinn's eyes lit up as he nearly leaped over the table to grab his bow, but Ophelia put her hand up and Jinn paused immediately

"On one condition..." she paused to not let her voice crack, "Come back alive"

Jinn pressed a kiss to the top of her head "Ill make you proud, Ophe.."
Just like that, he was gone.

It had only been a few short weeks, but Jinn stayed busy. He was forging network after network. Sleepless night after sleepless night spent planning. Worming his way into the minds of his people with vibrant speeches. None of them seemed to know who he was. none of them seemed to care. He was a peasant like the rest of them, but he seemed to be the only one with enough passion to do anything about their situation. They follow blindly, swayed by promises of glory.

Their revolution was hidden from the government, for obvious reasons. It was common law that those who opposed the king would be put to death. A rule from his father that had not been changed. How Ironic. As a figurehead, Jinn kept a low profile.

In a few short hours, they will be storming the palace.
He will fight for his birthright.
This, this is the legacy he wants to leave
and he will die if he has to.

[470/500]
Last edited by Baylin on Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:37 pm, edited 7 times in total.

xXx

◊ My Toyhou.se
◊ pfp by Chizuny
◊ Sig art by SarahN

XxX.ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

xXx
Baylin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby aeth » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:56 am

username: aethillie
    kalon name:
    secret: hes a vip member of the super weenie hut jr.
aeth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby deerbroken » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:58 am

username: lavender towns
      kalon name: Hellebore [or "Helle," hel-aye]
      secret:
      [Lyrics in italics from "Secret" by The Pierces.]

Got a secret, can you keep it? Swear this one you’ll save… better lock it in your pocket, takin’ this one to the grave.

The bar is empty tonight, save a single, inebriated man with his head rested on the counter. It's clear he's out, or he will be. He's been here all night, but this bar is never lively. This one is a hole in the wall compared to the rest of the posh establishments that line the lonely streets of this hollow little town.

Still, the bartender cleans the glass with a cloth, humming a quiet tune to himself as he begins to close the bar down early. It's nearly 2 am. The man will leave soon, whether by himself or with a guard. Helle's bet is on the second. But he isn't so sure, just yet. The man stirs in his little spot. Maybe he'll wake up with enough time to spare.

As the bartender thinks to himself, another man walks in. He sits in the back of the place, and opens a newspaper. Helle laughs.

"Need a drink, chap? Bar's over here."

"Just a water, please." His voice is cold and distant.

"Sure," he says, in a mock, cheery tone, but there's suspicion in his eyes. No one comes here at this time to just read the paper with a glass of water. As he reaches the side of the table, he sets down the glass, and a shot of whiskey.

"I said I--"

"It's on the house," the young man says, and slides it closer to his hand. Helle gives him a leery smile, the glint of his lip piercings flashing in the man's eyes.

"Well, alright," he agrees begrudgingly. He glares at the bartender as the man saunters back behind the desk, and only after being eyed by him for a number of uncomfortable minutes does he take a sip. He's never been much of a drinker, and it's clear from the scrunch of his nose.

The bartender laughs a little to himself, and then tends to the man at the bar.

"Headin' home soon?" He asks, and the man grumbles at him. "Almost closin' time, love." He growls again, swatting away Helle's hand as he reaches for him. "Well, you've got 10 minutes," he says, and the man makes another sound, one more agreeable than the last.

With him taken care of the bartender watches the other man, in the back. He tries to read his paper in peace, but whenever he looks up the bartender is staring at him again.

Finally closing time comes. The man at the bar leaves, and the other man brings his dishes to the front. He stares at the bartender again, as if there's something he wants to say. The young man takes his dishes and puts them in the sink, starting the water with a push of the tap.

"Yeah?" He asks. He seems to know what he wants to say, but won't help.

"It's you, isn't it."

"It's who?" His voice is cheery, and he grins innocently at the man.

"You killed him. Didn't you?"

His grin is gone. There's a sharp coldness in his blank gray eyes as he sets down his cloth, turns the tap off and walks to the front doors of the bar to turn the lock.

"I don't know what you're talking about," he insists, but his demeanor is suddenly terrifying. A bead of sweat rolls down the man's chin as he watches him, paralyzed by fear.

"It's you," he repeats, watching the bartender go through the staff door. As Helle leaves, his vision starts to blur, and he barely catches himself on the bar, falling to his knees in the process. As he tries to hold onto consciousness, the man returns, standing over him with something sharp brandished in his hand.
      "You really are mad to have come here, ol' chap."

He wants to run, but his body has given up on him. By the time the adrenaline registers he's already out cold.

If I show you, then I know you won’t tell what I said, ‘cause two can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

[700 words / 300 words + 2 extras.]
Last edited by deerbroken on Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:13 pm, edited 7 times in total.
deerbroken

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cyrano » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:58 am

mk
used to be: smith(ers) & s-simplicity| toyhou.se | my kalons
Cyrano

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby recherché. » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:01 am

res w/ eating pickles with mustard as their secret

- recherché.
Last edited by recherché. on Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
x

leah - college student - adult
ven nilla bats racc star
"like the ocean finds the shore,

xxxxxi'll always find you"
recherché.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby trans » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:06 am

xx
Last edited by trans on Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:19 am, edited 4 times in total.
they/them, adult, pms are ok!
just here for pets, oekaki, and
closed species, occasionally. ♡
xxx'''my kalon storage
trans

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 【Wildfire】 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:07 am

username: 【Wildfire】
kalon name:
secret:

Mark

Maybe hiding something in the basement of his bakery? Or something like that
No longer active on this website.
【Wildfire】

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:08 am

I think i might be able to do this one? wails hhhh
    blobsweat

kae please have mercy on my soul i beg u I have tears in my eyes as I type this