Clan: Autumnclan

Prompt:
other cats in the story;
Foxclaw - Tigergrowl's brother
Birchpaw - Foxlcaw's apprentice
Sapphireleaf - Medicine Cat

------
"Tigergrowl... Tigergroowwwllll... TIGERGROWL!!"

The ginger tom quickly woke up, confused as to what was going on. He looked up and saw his twin brother standing above him. Tigergrowl stretched and yawned, his green eyes meeting the annoyed blue ones of his brother. "What's up?"

"You're late. We were supposed to leave half an hour ago." Foxclaw flicked his tail in annoyance. "Dawnstar's expecting us to come back with food for The Gathering Of The Ancestors tonight."

Tigergrowl huffed. "Why do I even have to go? I mean, Birchpaw is YOUR apprentice. I don't even have one, so what's the point of me going to help you train yours?"

"Get up," Foxclaw spoke sternly as he turned around and left the den.

The green-eyed tom rubbed his face with his paw. "GeT uP," he mocked. "I didn't sign up for this." Tigergrowl slowly stood to his paws and followed his brother to the apprentice den, where they met up with Birchpaw.

"I'm so excited for tonight!" Birchpaw cheered to her mentor. "Oh! Hey Tigergrowl!" She smiled at the tom, happily.

Tigergrowl gave a quick smile. "Can we get going? The sooner we leave, the sooner we get back, and the sooner I can get back to sleep."

"Oh, now you're eager to leave," Foxclaw snapped. "Come on, Birchpaw. Time to head out."
The three left camp in search of some special snacks for the party later that night. Tigergrowl wasn't interested in leaving camp at all. He was annoyed the entire walk to the hunting grounds. "So," he started. "What exactly are we looking for?"

Foxclaw shrugged, "not sure. Anything that the clan would like, really. We could just get a bunch of squirrels or rabbits. As long as we get enough to feed the entire clan and the ancestors, we should be alright."

"Well, you can eat all of the squirrels in the forest and still be hungry." Tigergrowl teased.

"Shut your mouth." Foxclaw snapped in response.

Birchpaw sat between the two and laughed silently. "Do you think I'm gonna be able to get my first kill today, Foxclaw? I really hope so!"

"Of course I do! I'm not called the 'Head Hunter' for nothing. I've taught you everything I know. You might even become the next Head Hunter after I retire!"

Birchpaw smiled, excitedly while Tigergrowl rolled his eyes and silently mocked his brother. The three stopped when they heard rustling in a nearby bush. Foxclaw crouched low and ordered Birchpaw to do the same. Tigergrowl stood tall.

"Mouse brain," Foxclaw started. "What in the name of StarClan are you doing??"

"SHH." His tail flicked and his ears stood sharp.

"Get down! You're going to ruin this for Birchpaw!"

Tigergrowl ignored his brother. "Birchpaw, go back to camp."

Birchpaw tilted her head in confusion, "why?" She asked quietly. "I wanna hunt..."

Tigergrowl's ears flattened as a distinct sound came from the bushes that were rustling. "Badger," he spoke as the barks grew louder.
[image three here - tigergrowl scared]
The creature revealed its face. Its eyes were pure black and its mouth was foaming white. When it saw the three, it let out a scream as it charged towards them.

"Birchpaw! GO!!" Foxclaw shouted to his apprentice, telling her to get help from camp. He lunged forward towards the badger and slammed into it, making it stumble to the ground. The rabid animal stood up fast and clawed at Foxclaw's fur, drawing blood with each swipe.

Tigergrowl hissed as he jumped towards the creature, sinking his teeth into it's back. The badger screamed as it turned around, tossing Tigergrowl onto the forest floor below. It jumped on top of him and snapped at his face. Tigergrowl kept his paws on the badger's chest, keeping it from reaching him. The saliva from the creature dripped onto Tigergrowl, making him gag and lose focus. Luckily, Foxclaw shoved the badger off of Tigergrowl, giving him a chance to get back to his feet.

The two were now covered in scratches. Their fur and the grass were stained red, but they weren't about to give up. The two kept trying their best to get the creature to retreat. Much like them, it wasn't about to give up either.
Tigergrowl hissed and bit the badger's neck, causing it to fall to the ground. This was his chance. He swiped at the creature, but lost his balance and hit the floor. When he stood up, all he saw was the badger's large paw up in the air. Its claws glistened as it came down upon his eye. Tigergrowl yowled in severe pain as he collapsed once more. The pain was so intense, he couldn't open his eyes wider than a hair. He laid on the ground, nearly motionless. He could taste the blood that was falling from his eye. He opened the up enough to be able to see and what he saw made his heart sink. The badger was on top of Foxclaw with its teeth around his throat. Foxclaw thrashed around until he began to slow to a stop. Tigergrowl hissed. He couldn't let his brother die.

With a sudden burst of adrenaline, he stood to his feet and launched himself towards the badger. Their bodies slammed into each other. As the badger hit the ground, a loud crack was heard. The badger laid motionless as scarlet liquids dripped from its mouth. Panting, Tigergrowl looked at his brother, who was standing to his feet. They smiled at each other before Tigergrowl collapsed, unconscious.

When he came to, he was greeted with the kind face of Autumnclan's medicine cat, Sapphireleaf.

"You took quite a beating today, Tigergrowl," She laughed.

"Where's Foxclaw?" Tigergrowl coughed.

"Resting. You should, too. You two will be perfectly fine. You're lucky that badger didn't give you rabies."

Tigergrowl's eye still stung. He placed his paw on it and felt only scar tissue. "W-what happened?"

"As I said, you took quite a beating," she softly spoke. "The badger took your eye out and you were losing a dangerous amount of blood. If it weren't for Birchpaw getting help as fast as she did, you wouldn't be here right now."

"Looks like you owe her a thank you," a voice came from behind the one-eyed tom. Tigergrowl turned around and saw his brother laying down, smiling. He stood up and walked towards Tigergrowl, sitting down beside him. "You better do it, or we're gonna have a problem. I've got my EYE on you," he teased.

Tigergrowl rolled his eyes but laughed at the joke. Yeah, he was missing an eye, but the fact that he and his brother were still alive gave him a sense of happiness that he didn't think was possible. They pushed through the event and saved each other. Tigergrowl has never been this happy to see his brother before, but now seeing his "dumb" face made him smile.
[image five here - tigergrowl and foxclaw sitting together happily]
[1144/3000]
Last edited by Goner. on Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
( 𝒾'𝒹 π“π‘œπ“‹π‘’ π“‰π‘œ 𝒷𝑒 𝒾𝓃 π“π‘œπ“‹π‘’ π“Œπ’Ύπ“‰π’½ π“Žπ‘œπ“Š )─────
[ β™« black lives β™ͺ ]
──────────
[ β™ͺ MATTER β™« ]
──────────────────────( π‘’π“ƒπ‘œπ“Šπ‘”π’½ π“‰π‘œ π“Œπ“‡π’Ύπ“‰π‘’ 𝒢 π“π‘œπ“‹π‘’ π“ˆπ‘œπ“ƒπ‘” )
[ she/they | bi | scorpio | i love to draw and i play video games like wayyyy too much ]
Goner.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rise | #2500

Postby Ravendarus » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:28 am

mark <3
Ravendarus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jay. » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:30 am

Username: jay.
    Cat Name: Hoopoesong

Clan: Kin of the Barren Tundra

Prompt: (max 3000 words + 5 art pieces)

wip
✧ jay ✧ they / them ✧ adult ✧
trade me ✧ toyhou.se ✧ carrd.co ✧
jay.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby khali. » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:07 pm

Guess I won't be able to get him since I still don't have my founder after two weeks...
..still gorgerous though and still marking.
^ biggest dreamie ^
| ------------------------- |
she/her
virgo (12.09)
equestrian
roleplayer
want to have a chat?
pm me, i don't bite.
...probably.

random things you should check out