Re: Viscet #2924

Postby Matreats » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:16 am

username: Matreats
name: Emil

Res with Jaina's new best friend and has dyslexia and PTSD - also considered 'disabled and unfit for work'. They meet each other one day in Riverhead's lower quarter :/

impress me in 72 hours!
Last edited by Matreats on Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

──I AM LOKI, OF ASGARD!─────
┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅
──────────────AND I AM──
┌────────────────────┐
hello! my name is matreats c:
I love art, well-written characters,
and I love to roleplay as well ☆

RP characters
eldemore

└────────────────────┘
──BURDENED WITH─────────
┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅
───────GLORIOUS PURPOSE

Matreats

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby magpiemochi. » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:01 am

N Peregrine | G male | UN james.

Peregrine always lived a simple life, and he certainly thought he always would. Nothing bad ever seemed to happen to him; no tragedy, no loss, no grief. His childhood was a breeze as both of his parents supported him entirely through anything he wanted to do. Sure, they wanted to see their son succeed just like any good parent would, but they also wanted him to live and learn as he grew up. They had no qualms about him staying with them beyond the years he was expected to leave (by society's standards) while he bettered himself and figured himself out. As time went on and life passed him by, Peregrine's interests changed time and time again. There never seemed to be anything static about him, which was a big annoyance in the long run. Every time he found his 'passion', it would only take a month or so for it to change as if it never existed at all. His wishy-washy feelings made it increasingly difficult to find something to really strive for ...

Until his mother came to him, the morning paper in her paws and an excited sparkle in her eye. "Look, Peregrine!" She had said to him, the excitement in her voice impossible to miss, "the lot down the block is for rent. You know the one, yeah? The little loft with the flower shop underneath?"

It took him a moment to understand why she felt the need to bring this seemingly random piece of information to him, but when it finally clicked, a massive smile spread his maw and he gripped the paper with an excitement to match that of his mother.

"The flower shop..." He spoke aloud, though not to anyone in particular as his eyes scanned the ad itself. If there had been one thing in his life he was always passionate about, it was gardening. Peregrine had a small vegetable garden in the back yard along with some fruit trees, but he really loved flowers. Not only did he love them, he was also great with them. The viscet could grow virtually anything (and keep it alive!) no matter how difficult others claimed it was.

The cost itself seemed like a reasonable deal, and with the room above the shop, he wouldn't need to live with his parents anymore. Though with the short distance, he would never be too far from them just incase they ever needed him for anything. They weren't Spring chickens anymore, after all!

Admittedly, that fact alone worried the usually carefree viscet. His parents hadn't ever been without him to make sure they had everything they needed and to take care of them just as they did the same for him when he was just a child. As silly as it was, he almost felt like he was abandoning them, though when he brought up the concerns to his mother, she did well to get those thoughts out of his head just as quickly as they were brought on.

"It's just how life goes, Perry." She told him with a kiss to his forehead. "Time stops for no one; you must live your life. This is a wonderful opportunity and you need to seize it, okay?"

After their talk, Peregrine certainly didn't need to be told twice, and soon enough, he had a business under his belt and a home to call his own. Thankfully, the past owner left the place in wonderful condition and admitted that the only reason he was giving the place up was out of desire to see and do more. He was getting older and there was so much more he wanted to do, and Peregrine could understand and respect that decision.

Before the past owner left the small town all together, he provided Peregrine with a few tips and inside scoop. The tips were helpful, as they mostly had to do with tricky locks on the greenhouse, and the inside scoop was ... well, interesting to say the least. He had mentioned a viscet named Harkon, though when he said the name, he seemed to recoil in fear. Peregrine didn't want to prod, of course, but he had to admit that he was far too curious to let it go.

"You mentioned a viscet named Harkon?" He asked, head tilted and ears perked up, "is he a bad customer? I'm sure I could deal with a bad customer. I'd even go so far as to ban him from the shop entirely!"

"Oh, no no..." The older viscet shook his head in response, "it's nothing like that. He's just —- he's bad news. You'll know 'em when you see 'em." And with that, the conversation about this 'Harkon' character came to an end. As a final parting gift, the other viscet left him a handful of seed packets and brand new pots, which Peregrine was thankful for as he realized he didn't even have much just yet.

The two said their farewells and the young and freshly independent viscet was on his own at last. Taking a deep inhale, he made his way over to the small window that overlooked the quiet town below. A smile creased his features and he shook his head, "well, would you look at that," he said to no one at all, "I actually did it."

Once he was able to find his bearings and get used to the surprising demand of the shop, Peregrine quickly found that he was almost a natural at running the business. One would never even guess that the viscet didn't have prior sales experience or that he wasn't all too great in social situations, or that he had never even worked a day in his life. Customers and suppliers alike were impressed with his progress and where he was taking the small flower shop. Demand was getting higher and Peregrine didn't miss a single beat as he expanded, and even ended up hiring a couple of people to help around the shop.

It was only at the end of each work day that he was able to really stop and look around to see everything he had accomplished, and even still it almost seemed like a dream. Everything was working out just the way he had imagined, and he couldn't have been happier. Once all was said and done, he only had his parents' unrelenting love and support to thank for all of his success. He knew there was a fear once that the way they raised him would be detrimental to his overall growth, but he never really considered himself to be 'spoiled' by them. He never took their support for granted, and instead, he allowed it to lift him to bigger and better things instead of relying on it entirely and becoming dependent and lazy.

He was the rare case of a 'spoiled' child coming out more responsible than ever.

The only issue was, he wasn't good in tense situations. When things started to go wrong, he had no idea how to deal with it. He had no idea how to cope since he never really had to deal with it before. In his own life, he couldn't think of a time where something actually went wrong for him; his parents made sure that never happened. But his next work day, things were very wrong. It wasn't a disaster or anything like that. Nothing broke, no one yelled at him, he didn't lose business or any customers, but there was just a feeling that he couldn't shake. It was an anxiety like he had never experienced in his entire life; it nearly floored him. It was an ominous cloud of dread that seemed to follow him; he felt as though he was being watched by some invisible force. Paranoia began to sink in and he tried his very best to pretend as though nothing was wrong, but if the concerned looks and questions from customers was a sign, he'd say he wasn't doing a very good job at pretending. And that only made him even more nervous.

Constant questions and concerned stares; he could barely take it anymore when he finally found the culprit. The old viscet who owned the flower shop before had told Peregrine that he would know Harkon the moment he entered the shop. He would know who Harkon was before he even saw him —-

-— and he was correct.

Purple eyes fell on the dark viscet. He was covered nearly head to toe with a tattered robe and his eyes were averted to the floor. Peregrine wanted, more than anything, to get a better look at the viscet, but the more he tried to stare, the worse he felt. He had to tear himself away from the odd sight, and it was only then he realized everyone else had left the shop. This viscet, without even doing anything, drove away every customer.

He had to figure out why. How? It didn't make any sense to him; was he just that evil? So evil that his aura literally made others sick to their stomachs and feel as though death was upon them?

It was an absolutely terrifying thought. More terrifying than the feeling the strange viscet gave him, but he had to push through it. If he was going to find out everything about this viscet, Peregrine needed to push through the feeling and approach him.

"Hi there," he said after releasing an exhale and pacing toward the robed viscet, "are you —- did you.... Is there anything I can help you with?" He didn't mean to stutter over his words, but just talking to the viscet was a difficult task in itself.

The terrifying viscet didn't speak, but the moment those sharp eyes met Peregrine's, he nearly fell to the floor. It wasn't intentional, but once he looked into those abysmal pools, the young viscet physically recoiled. It hurt him in more ways than one; yes, just looking at the strange viscet caused him physical and mental pain, but he could also see the pain on the others face. In his eyes. He could feel his pain and misery, and he wanted to help.

"I'm sorry," Peregrine managed to say as he regained his composure, "I must be coming down with something." It was a lie, and they both knew it, though neither of them would say. If he saw correctly, however, Peregrine could have sworn a small and quick smile creased those cheeks of his.

"Daisies."

Oh, that voice. It was smooth like a warm violin on a candlelit evening and it seemed to ease all of the pain he felt. The anxiety washed away, slowly but surely, and he was able to meet those eyes again and marvel quietly at how beautiful they really were. There was a temptation to tell him, but Peregrine figured that would be much too forward, especially considering he was still getting over the little episode from before. The anxiety might have been fading, but it wasn't gone completely. In fact, in his presence, the anxiety would never leave entirely.

"Oh, those are right over here, just at the end. I actually put them out of sight a little so that maybe they would last a little longer." His voice was a little shaky as he spoke, but he managed to keep a smile against his face as he led the other to where the last of the daisies were. "I guess there was a reason, huh? They were just waiting for you to come!"

When there was no response from him, Peregrine cleared his throat before chuckling nervously and picking up the pot of daisies for the strange customer.

"No, no." He said, a hint of panic in his voice. "Allow me to lift them. Please put them back down onto the cart."

A little odd... Okay, very odd, but Peregrine did as he was asked and placed the pot back onto the cart without a moment's hesitation. He wanted to apologize, but frankly, embarrassment was beginning to eat away at him much like the anxiety from earlier. Despite how embarrassed he was, Peregrine watched as the other carefully picked up the pot with gloved paws before striding over to where the cash register was. For more than a moment, Peregrine wasn't able to move and he could feel his cheeks reddening even more with embarrassment. The situation was over, but he still felt incredibly silly about being partly reprimanded; even if the stranger was pleasant about it.

"I'm sorry," he finally apologized once he forced himself to move behind the register to ring up the other viscets' daisies. Much to his absolute dismay, he said nothing in return. The other male didn't even look at Peregrine or acknowledge his apology in the slightest. Again, Peregrine could feel the heat rising, and this time, his poor hind paws went completely numb just from embarrassment alone! Since he started up the little shop, there wasn't a single time he could remember where he had an unpleasant experience. He hadn't encountered a single bad customer, so he felt completely lost and helpless when he was finally faced with one. Though, he wouldn't necessarily label him a 'bad' customer, just extremely odd.

"Don't apologize," he said at last, pulling Peregrine from his silent reverie, "I just can't touch you, you see." As he spoke, he made sure not to look up into Peregrine's eyes again. "You tried to fool me earlier; telling me you must be getting sick. But I know better."

For a moment, Peregrine thought he must have offended him, but before he could get his own words out, the other viscet continued:

"Everywhere I go it's the same, and I'm happy to see them clear out, for if they didn't, they would certainly meet their demise." At that moment, he lifted his head to look into Peregrine's eyes with a certain remorse. "You're very special indeed; I would almost bet that I could touch you, but I couldn't possibly take that chance. You see, once you touch Death, there's no going back."

The statement shocked Peregrine and he swallowed thickly. His heart was racing; he wanted nothing more than to say something in return, but just as he was about to get the words out (again), to barrage him with questions, the strange viscet was gone and others were flocking back over to his shop as if nothing had happened at all.

Despite the feeling of dread and the confusion surrounding the experience, Peregrine wanted nothing more than to see him again. It was such a silly and ridiculous thought, but he almost wanted to try and see if the other viscet could touch him without anything happening to him. Could he cheat Death? Literally?

Another question was: how exactly could he be sure it wasn't just some normal viscet trying to scare people? Well, the answer, to him, was obvious. Even before Peregrine saw him, he felt that dreadful feeling. The sickness trying to climb its way from his belly. He felt the other viscet like a lingering doom stalking him and waiting. If it wasn't for that, Peregrine would have chalked it all up to some terrible prank.

Either way, Peregrine wanted to see him again. He wanted to ask him questions and he wanted to try his best to break through that wall the other put up in order to protect not only himself, but the innocents around him as well. It gave him a lot to think about, but at the end of the day, Peregrine only thought about seeing him again. Perhaps in another month, he would want another pot of daisies. That thought and hope alone had Peregrine always stashing away extra daisies with every shipment so that there would be plenty for him to choose from if he happened to show up again.

And Peregrine hoped with all hope that he would.

credits & word count
art by me
Harkon is owned by me
words: 2655
Last edited by magpiemochi. on Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:28 pm, edited 11 times in total.
magpiemochi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:34 am

Almost one day remaining!
    If anyone needs an extension, just let me know ~

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:14 am

Extending this by one day!
    This will now end at December 31st at 4:00pm EST <3

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:23 am

Winner! Your story was so captivating and then Peregrine thinking if he could cheat death, aa..

Thank you to all those who entered! And a shout out to Ivyscribblez for your unique form set up! <3
I’ll update the front shortly, james, and get you added! ^v^

james. wrote:
N Peregrine | G male | UN james.

Peregrine always lived a simple life, and he certainly thought he always would. Nothing bad ever seemed to happen to him; no tragedy, no loss, no grief. His childhood was a breeze as both of his parents supported him entirely through anything he wanted to do. Sure, they wanted to see their son succeed just like any good parent would, but they also wanted him to live and learn as he grew up. They had no qualms about him staying with them beyond the years he was expected to leave (by society's standards) while he bettered himself and figured himself out. As time went on and life passed him by, Peregrine's interests changed time and time again. There never seemed to be anything static about him, which was a big annoyance in the long run. Every time he found his 'passion', it would only take a month or so for it to change as if it never existed at all. His wishy-washy feelings made it increasingly difficult to find something to really strive for ...

Until his mother came to him, the morning paper in her paws and an excited sparkle in her eye. "Look, Peregrine!" She had said to him, the excitement in her voice impossible to miss, "the lot down the block is for rent. You know the one, yeah? The little loft with the flower shop underneath?"

It took him a moment to understand why she felt the need to bring this seemingly random piece of information to him, but when it finally clicked, a massive smile spread his maw and he gripped the paper with an excitement to match that of his mother.

"The flower shop..." He spoke aloud, though not to anyone in particular as his eyes scanned the ad itself. If there had been one thing in his life he was always passionate about, it was gardening. Peregrine had a small vegetable garden in the back yard along with some fruit trees, but he really loved flowers. Not only did he love them, he was also great with them. The viscet could grow virtually anything (and keep it alive!) no matter how difficult others claimed it was.

The cost itself seemed like a reasonable deal, and with the room above the shop, he wouldn't need to live with his parents anymore. Though with the short distance, he would never be too far from them just incase they ever needed him for anything. They weren't Spring chickens anymore, after all!

Admittedly, that fact alone worried the usually carefree viscet. His parents hadn't ever been without him to make sure they had everything they needed and to take care of them just as they did the same for him when he was just a child. As silly as it was, he almost felt like he was abandoning them, though when he brought up the concerns to his mother, she did well to get those thoughts out of his head just as quickly as they were brought on.

"It's just how life goes, Perry." She told him with a kiss to his forehead. "Time stops for no one; you must live your life. This is a wonderful opportunity and you need to seize it, okay?"

After their talk, Peregrine certainly didn't need to be told twice, and soon enough, he had a business under his belt and a home to call his own. Thankfully, the past owner left the place in wonderful condition and admitted that the only reason he was giving the place up was out of desire to see and do more. He was getting older and there was so much more he wanted to do, and Peregrine could understand and respect that decision.

Before the past owner left the small town all together, he provided Peregrine with a few tips and inside scoop. The tips were helpful, as they mostly had to do with tricky locks on the greenhouse, and the inside scoop was ... well, interesting to say the least. He had mentioned a viscet named Harkon, though when he said the name, he seemed to recoil in fear. Peregrine didn't want to prod, of course, but he had to admit that he was far too curious to let it go.

"You mentioned a viscet named Harkon?" He asked, head tilted and ears perked up, "is he a bad customer? I'm sure I could deal with a bad customer. I'd even go so far as to ban him from the shop entirely!"

"Oh, no no..." The older viscet shook his head in response, "it's nothing like that. He's just —- he's bad news. You'll know 'em when you see 'em." And with that, the conversation about this 'Harkon' character came to an end. As a final parting gift, the other viscet left him a handful of seed packets and brand new pots, which Peregrine was thankful for as he realized he didn't even have much just yet.

The two said their farewells and the young and freshly independent viscet was on his own at last. Taking a deep inhale, he made his way over to the small window that overlooked the quiet town below. A smile creased his features and he shook his head, "well, would you look at that," he said to no one at all, "I actually did it."

Once he was able to find his bearings and get used to the surprising demand of the shop, Peregrine quickly found that he was almost a natural at running the business. One would never even guess that the viscet didn't have prior sales experience or that he wasn't all too great in social situations, or that he had never even worked a day in his life. Customers and suppliers alike were impressed with his progress and where he was taking the small flower shop. Demand was getting higher and Peregrine didn't miss a single beat as he expanded, and even ended up hiring a couple of people to help around the shop.

It was only at the end of each work day that he was able to really stop and look around to see everything he had accomplished, and even still it almost seemed like a dream. Everything was working out just the way he had imagined, and he couldn't have been happier. Once all was said and done, he only had his parents' unrelenting love and support to thank for all of his success. He knew there was a fear once that the way they raised him would be detrimental to his overall growth, but he never really considered himself to be 'spoiled' by them. He never took their support for granted, and instead, he allowed it to lift him to bigger and better things instead of relying on it entirely and becoming dependent and lazy.

He was the rare case of a 'spoiled' child coming out more responsible than ever.

The only issue was, he wasn't good in tense situations. When things started to go wrong, he had no idea how to deal with it. He had no idea how to cope since he never really had to deal with it before. In his own life, he couldn't think of a time where something actually went wrong for him; his parents made sure that never happened. But his next work day, things were very wrong. It wasn't a disaster or anything like that. Nothing broke, no one yelled at him, he didn't lose business or any customers, but there was just a feeling that he couldn't shake. It was an anxiety like he had never experienced in his entire life; it nearly floored him. It was an ominous cloud of dread that seemed to follow him; he felt as though he was being watched by some invisible force. Paranoia began to sink in and he tried his very best to pretend as though nothing was wrong, but if the concerned looks and questions from customers was a sign, he'd say he wasn't doing a very good job at pretending. And that only made him even more nervous.

Constant questions and concerned stares; he could barely take it anymore when he finally found the culprit. The old viscet who owned the flower shop before had told Peregrine that he would know Harkon the moment he entered the shop. He would know who Harkon was before he even saw him —-

-— and he was correct.

Purple eyes fell on the dark viscet. He was covered nearly head to toe with a tattered robe and his eyes were averted to the floor. Peregrine wanted, more than anything, to get a better look at the viscet, but the more he tried to stare, the worse he felt. He had to tear himself away from the odd sight, and it was only then he realized everyone else had left the shop. This viscet, without even doing anything, drove away every customer.

He had to figure out why. How? It didn't make any sense to him; was he just that evil? So evil that his aura literally made others sick to their stomachs and feel as though death was upon them?

It was an absolutely terrifying thought. More terrifying than the feeling the strange viscet gave him, but he had to push through it. If he was going to find out everything about this viscet, Peregrine needed to push through the feeling and approach him.

"Hi there," he said after releasing an exhale and pacing toward the robed viscet, "are you —- did you.... Is there anything I can help you with?" He didn't mean to stutter over his words, but just talking to the viscet was a difficult task in itself.

The terrifying viscet didn't speak, but the moment those sharp eyes met Peregrine's, he nearly fell to the floor. It wasn't intentional, but once he looked into those abysmal pools, the young viscet physically recoiled. It hurt him in more ways than one; yes, just looking at the strange viscet caused him physical and mental pain, but he could also see the pain on the others face. In his eyes. He could feel his pain and misery, and he wanted to help.

"I'm sorry," Peregrine managed to say as he regained his composure, "I must be coming down with something." It was a lie, and they both knew it, though neither of them would say. If he saw correctly, however, Peregrine could have sworn a small and quick smile creased those cheeks of his.

"Daisies."

Oh, that voice. It was smooth like a warm violin on a candlelit evening and it seemed to ease all of the pain he felt. The anxiety washed away, slowly but surely, and he was able to meet those eyes again and marvel quietly at how beautiful they really were. There was a temptation to tell him, but Peregrine figured that would be much too forward, especially considering he was still getting over the little episode from before. The anxiety might have been fading, but it wasn't gone completely. In fact, in his presence, the anxiety would never leave entirely.

"Oh, those are right over here, just at the end. I actually put them out of sight a little so that maybe they would last a little longer." His voice was a little shaky as he spoke, but he managed to keep a smile against his face as he led the other to where the last of the daisies were. "I guess there was a reason, huh? They were just waiting for you to come!"

When there was no response from him, Peregrine cleared his throat before chuckling nervously and picking up the pot of daisies for the strange customer.

"No, no." He said, a hint of panic in his voice. "Allow me to lift them. Please put them back down onto the cart."

A little odd... Okay, very odd, but Peregrine did as he was asked and placed the pot back onto the cart without a moment's hesitation. He wanted to apologize, but frankly, embarrassment was beginning to eat away at him much like the anxiety from earlier. Despite how embarrassed he was, Peregrine watched as the other carefully picked up the pot with gloved paws before striding over to where the cash register was. For more than a moment, Peregrine wasn't able to move and he could feel his cheeks reddening even more with embarrassment. The situation was over, but he still felt incredibly silly about being partly reprimanded; even if the stranger was pleasant about it.

"I'm sorry," he finally apologized once he forced himself to move behind the register to ring up the other viscets' daisies. Much to his absolute dismay, he said nothing in return. The other male didn't even look at Peregrine or acknowledge his apology in the slightest. Again, Peregrine could feel the heat rising, and this time, his poor hind paws went completely numb just from embarrassment alone! Since he started up the little shop, there wasn't a single time he could remember where he had an unpleasant experience. He hadn't encountered a single bad customer, so he felt completely lost and helpless when he was finally faced with one. Though, he wouldn't necessarily label him a 'bad' customer, just extremely odd.

"Don't apologize," he said at last, pulling Peregrine from his silent reverie, "I just can't touch you, you see." As he spoke, he made sure not to look up into Peregrine's eyes again. "You tried to fool me earlier; telling me you must be getting sick. But I know better."

For a moment, Peregrine thought he must have offended him, but before he could get his own words out, the other viscet continued:

"Everywhere I go it's the same, and I'm happy to see them clear out, for if they didn't, they would certainly meet their demise." At that moment, he lifted his head to look into Peregrine's eyes with a certain remorse. "You're very special indeed; I would almost bet that I could touch you, but I couldn't possibly take that chance. You see, once you touch Death, there's no going back."

The statement shocked Peregrine and he swallowed thickly. His heart was racing; he wanted nothing more than to say something in return, but just as he was about to get the words out (again), to barrage him with questions, the strange viscet was gone and others were flocking back over to his shop as if nothing had happened at all.

Despite the feeling of dread and the confusion surrounding the experience, Peregrine wanted nothing more than to see him again. It was such a silly and ridiculous thought, but he almost wanted to try and see if the other viscet could touch him without anything happening to him. Could he cheat Death? Literally?

Another question was: how exactly could he be sure it wasn't just some normal viscet trying to scare people? Well, the answer, to him, was obvious. Even before Peregrine saw him, he felt that dreadful feeling. The sickness trying to climb its way from his belly. He felt the other viscet like a lingering doom stalking him and waiting. If it wasn't for that, Peregrine would have chalked it all up to some terrible prank.

Either way, Peregrine wanted to see him again. He wanted to ask him questions and he wanted to try his best to break through that wall the other put up in order to protect not only himself, but the innocents around him as well. It gave him a lot to think about, but at the end of the day, Peregrine only thought about seeing him again. Perhaps in another month, he would want another pot of daisies. That thought and hope alone had Peregrine always stashing away extra daisies with every shipment so that there would be plenty for him to choose from if he happened to show up again.

And Peregrine hoped with all hope that he would.

credits & word count
art by me
Harkon is owned by me
words: 2655

Postby magpiemochi. » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:47 pm

aaaaaa!!!!! thank you so much, juice!!! I love this little man so so so so so much ;u;u; <33333

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.
magpie / she/her / adult
ImageImage Image Image
pfp & sig art by me
magpiemochi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cjr095 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:48 pm

HELLO james just gifted me this kid ;o; theyre now female w the name Minnow!
ImageImageImageImage You should join Eldemore Image
cjr095

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me