Re: Rise | #1257

Postby Shadowflight13 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:33 am

Username: Shadowflight13
Cat Name: Ducktail
Clan: Cometclan
Prompt: Ducktail sank his claws into the soft bark of the tree and began to scramble up, his eyes fixed on the small, cup-shaped nest in the branches above him. He climbed upwards from branch to branch, balancing with his tail, until he finally reached the nest. He peered inside. As he'd hoped, there were several beautiful, bright blue feathers caught inside. There were also a couple eggs, but he ignored them. He wasn't raiding the nest, at least not today, he just wanted the feathers. Carefully, he leaned down and grabbed one of the feathers in his teeth and tugged gently. Without disturbing the eggs, he managed to pull the feather out. He repeated the process with the other bright feathers in the nest, laying them out on the branch next to his paws.

Perfect, he thought, looking proudly at his haul. He leaned over to pick them all up when a sharp bird cry split the air. The blue jays were back, and they weren't happy about a cat so close to their nest! One dive bombed at him, pecking and clawing with sharp tiny nails.

"Ow!" Ducktail yowled through a mouthful of feathers. "Leave me alone, I don't want your eggs!"

Of course, the blue jays couldn't understand this, and continued to attack him. Ducktail hurried to make his way down the tree, leaping from branch to branch. He dropped the last few feet to the ground and took off running. The blue jays didn't bother giving chase, and soon he was far away, ears stinging from the tiny cuts they'd managed to make. Still, it was worth it. He headed to a secret stump where he'd hidden the rest of his stash.

Inside the stump were dozens of feathers, soft and colorful. From the tiny, glittering feathers of a hummingbird to the black iridescent feathers of a magpie, there were feathers from all sorts of different birds. Ducktail added the blue jay feathers to the lot and picked up the whole bunch by carefully wrapping them in a large leaf. He carried the bundle proudly with his tail in the air, as he made his way back towards camp. He climbed agilely up the cliff and entered the cool cave that was Cometclan's camp. He crossed the main cave and headed into the small, dim tunnel that led up to the nursery. Inside, his mate was just starting to move her nest into the nursery, fussing over the moss.

"I brought you something," Ducktail purred, putting the bundle down on the ground. "A gift. I've been working on it since we learned we were having kits." He unrolled the leaf and his mate came over curiously. Her eyes lit up when she saw the fruits of his efforts.

"For your nest," he added hurriedly. She purred and wound around him.

"It's perfect," she purred, rubbing her cheek against his. "You know, you're going to be a great dad."

(491 words)
only here to post art and run. best way to reach me is discord (Shadowflight13#6850)

I take art commissions for USD. message me on discord if interested! <3

join me playing dappervolk :3c
Shadowflight13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby redhorizon » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:49 am

Username: Pesagus
Cat Name: Pebblebutt (formerly known as Pebblefoot)
Clan: Featherclan
Prompt: The cool river water rushes over Pebblebutt's paws, his claws digging into the soft Earth so he doesn't get carried off. His bright, mismatched eyes sweep the area, even searching beneath the clear waves. Unsatisfied with his findings, he grunts and turns to leap back onto the dry grass. His damp paws pad lightly down the stretch of the river, eyes scanning every loose rock or pebble he passes. He's on a mission to find The Perfect Pebble so he can ask the beautiful Shrewnose on a date, but so far he's been unsuccessful.

He hears a soft rustle in the bushes and turns, ears swiveling to catch any other sounds. Ravencloud pokes his nose out from the bushes and gives a nod and a smile. "Oh, good to see you Pebblefoot.. Er, Pebblebutt." He says, barely holding in a chuckle. Ever since he'd lost that bet with that darn kit, he'd been forced to change his name to Pebblebutt and the entire clan was having a blast with it. He rolls his eyes and smiles back. "How are you doing, Ravencloud?" He asks, keeping an eye out for any pebbles that may just fit The Perfect Pebble requirements. "Oh, you know, same old, same old." He stretches.

"What are you doing out here?" He asks, straightening up. Pebblebutt sighs and looks back at the deputy, his usually bright eyes losing their glimmer. "I'm looking for a pebble to give to a she-cat." He sits down and wraps his tail tightly around himself. Ravencloud is taken aback at this usually excited, reckless cat who makes bets with kits looking so sad over something so small. "Oh, if that's all it is, here!" He says and scoops up the first pebble his eyes fall on.

"No, no, no. It has to fit The Perfect Pebble requirements. Small, but not too small, with a perfectly smooth surface. It has to be perfectly oval shaped, no inconsistencies." He explains with a sigh. Ravencloud tilts his head, a bit confused at the description but wanting to help nonetheless. "Okay... Well here, down just a little further there is a big pebbled area. Let's check there." He suggests, beginning to walk in that direction. Pebblebutt springs up, thrilled to have some help.

It only takes a moment of digging before Ravencloud stumbles across a pebble that seems to fit Pebblebutt's extreme standards. "Hey, how's this one?" He asks, pushing it towards him. Pebblebutt's eyes widen at the sight of the beautiful pebble. "Ravencloud, you've done it!! This is The Perfect Pebble!" He cries, scooping it up protectively. "Thank you so much for your help, now I can go ask that she-cat!" He practically sings, already trotting off in the direction of camp.

"Boy, does that she-cat have something to look forward to." Ravencloud laughs to himself, wishing Pebblebutt the best.

[475 words]
Last edited by redhorizon on Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Boosh unless we're friends ♡ He/him ♡ Trans/Bi ♡ ASD ♡ Partner (12/15/2019)

Artist/Designer
Linecook
Flutist

Harry Styles & Horizon #1 Fanboy

My partner, dog, rats and comfort games ARE my life

PFP by me, sig by Onlyhalfpigeon
redhorizon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby este11e » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:16 pm

Username: 1 1 : 1 1
      Cat Name: tempestmoon
      Clan: twilightclan
      Prompt: tempestmoon looked at the vast expanse of grass and flowers before him. they all looked the same but smelled so different and he knew this could either go very right or very wrong. he'd climbed all the way up to the plateau in search of herbs, hopefully something dovefeather, the medicine cat, could find useful. well, he'd gone all the way up, there was no point in turning back.

carefully searching through the large stalks of grass, he found some familiar looking flowers... were they... chamomile! definitely! tempestmoon picked a few stalks and excitedly hurried back down, nearly dropping them a few times. the gift wouldn't be as good if it was falling apart, so he made sure to be careful.

he'd harbored a bit of a crush for dovefeather for a while. a pretty but quiet shecat with a warm heart- she was perfect in his eyes. the holiday season was around and twilightclan celebrated the solstice, so it only made sense for him to give her something. the only problem was that he knew absolutely nothing about herbs and he didn't know what else to get. bringing her prey or feathers might seem weird since she wasn't a warrior, and he knew for a fact that she wasn't really into flowers.

so, herbs had to do. he made it back to camp just in time for sunset and padded into the medicine den to see the white van tabby sorting herbs.

"dovefeather?" tempestmoon asked, perking his ears.

she looked up, startled. "oh, tempestmoon, hi! can i help you with something?" dovefeather spoke, yawning quietly as she got up padded over to him.

he cleared his throat after swallowing air and stumbling over a few words. "i um... uh, i brought you some chamomile." he said, voice wavering.

dovefeather looked over at them and he could tell she was biting back a laugh. a wave of embarrassment overcame him. feeling himself turn red, he looked away.

"tempestmoon, thank you so much. this is so sweet." dovefeather meowed, trying to hold back a snicker. her tone was genuine though.

"oh? oh, um... you're welcome. i didn't really know what to get you but i wanted to get you something so... chamomile." he said awkwardly.

dovefeather couldn't keep it in and burst into laughter. tempestmoon was trying to figure out what was going on.

"i'm so sorry, wow i... i promise it's not you or the flowers at all, they're lovely, it's just... oh, that's not chamomile." she crowed, nearly at the point of wheezing. "those are dandelions!"

tempestmoon groaned. "oh starclan... i'm sorry."

she shook her head. "don't worry about it, beginners mistake. i'll tell you what- i'll take the dandelions, but my gift to you is free herb lessons so you don't mix them up next time."

he smiled. extra time with dovefeather? now that was a gift!

word count;; 479/500
Last edited by este11e on Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
este11e

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Knickknacks » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:48 pm

-slaps down a mark-
hello yes pretty kitty!
Hi there!
You can call me Knick! I'm a runner and casual artist
who loves thinking about stories and never writing them.
I’m around for various arpgs and species stuff ^^

art fight!
threads for arpgs/species I'm currently active in:
kalons--salted stone--knollclan--sound asheep--haven
other cs characters™

she/her -- student -- est
Knickknacks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby persona » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:07 pm

Username: dirk
Cat Name: Brambleface
Clan: HillClan
Prompt: There is no physical gift like a rose or prey, nor is there a special occasion like a ceremony. This gift was done out of personal duty and compassion from son to mother. Brambleface can't give the real gift to his mother, Birdstep, because it'd be impossible - If he could give his mother her full vision back he would.

He had noticed that his mother was getting progressively more restless the longer she stayed in the camp and elder's den, and felt that it was his duty as her son to at least ease her annoyances.

With the permission of Acornstar, Brambleface took Birdstep on a walk outside the camp to 'stretch' her legs. He surprised his mom with a pseudo-picnic by the river, beside the stepping stones. Everyone knew the area around the stepping stones was a very scenic area, and Brambleface knew how much his mother enjoyed the place. Brambleface enjoyed the prey he caught, the sun, and the soft breeze with Birdstep, and they stayed out of the camp from mid-morning to sunset to use their day as best as possible. If Brambleface couldn't give Birdstep the gift of sight, he could at least give her the gift of freedom.
(birdstep is a blind npc)
persona

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kittykore » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:15 pm

Username: Pinnacle
      Cat Name: Vixenfang
      Clan: Copperclan
      Prompt:

Vixenfang opened one eye, it was early dawn and he had alot to do for the day. He and Sweetbramble had been hanging around the past couple moons and it was safe to say that they were to become mates, all of Copperclan knew this and were waiting for them to announce it and have the mate ceremony. Sweetbramble had brought it up a few days ago and he had been thinking nonstop about what crystal to get her. He sat up and stretched, shaking out his long, thick fur. Vixenfang wandered from cave to cave looking at all the crystals, he knew he wanted to get one that matched her eyes, amber.

The thick furred warrior eyes rested on a brilliant amber colored crystal, he grabbed it with his teeth and padded towards the center cave where Sweetbramble was. He padded over to her quietly, the clans eyes followed him as he padded towards the pretty molly. He set down the crystal by her paws, "Sweetbramble, I love you. Will you be my mate?" He sat down looking down his fur growing hot as the clan let out happy purrs and meows. "Of course Vixenfang, you know I love you too!" She licked the top of his head affectionately as the clan cheered the couple. Amberstar padded towards the two of them, "So this means we'll have the ceremony soon?" the broad shouldered tabby tom asked, "Yes. Tonight should do." Sweetbramble purred as the two intertwined tails.

As the day passed night came quickly, the whole clan was excited and there was energetic murmuring. Amberstar looked out of the cave and saw that the stars were out. He then called out "Let all cats meet in the Crystal cave!" the clan let out cheers as the clan all padded to the cave, Sweetbramble and Vixenfang padded together their eyes shining. Amberstar hopped up onto the highest overhang, "We have all gathered here today to celebrate the new mateship, we will all pick up the flowers you have all selected and throw it into the crystal pool, after this we will all have a feast!" The tabby exclaimed loudly, the clan erupted in cheers as they gathered the flowers and threw them in the pool. Vixenfang and Sweetbramble then picked up their two matching flowers and walked into the pool, surrounded by flowers, the water glowing from the crystals shining. The set the flowers down in the middle of the pool as they touched noses and wrapped their tails around each other. The clan cheered and purred their congratulations as the two stepped out of the pool, soaking in warm water.
Last edited by kittykore on Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kittykore

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kazin » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:29 pm

Username: Zelos Wilder
Cat Name: Coppersplash
Clan: BreezeClan
Prompt: 445 words.

"Curse him, curse her, and curse my entire family!"
Coppersplash was trudging through a lot of snow. His feet were wet, his long fur was wet - sticking to him like a common Twoleg dog's mangy fur, and he was angry. Angry that he couldn't be with the cat he loved the most right now, though mostly angry at himself. Angry that he didn't think of finding her the perfect gift earlier, and angry that he allowed himself to be pressured into finding a gift in the dead of leaf-bare by his own brother. "Oh, why don't you just go find something she loves?" His brother had asked, seemingly innocently. Coppersplash didn't think it would be that hard, not thinking about the freshly fallen snow.

Of course his crush had to love pine cones. Of all things, why pine cones?! Especially the blasted small, tiny hemlock pine cones. Buried in the snow, not a single one left in the trees that he could find. He was exploring the depths of the territory for a hemlock pine cone.

The occasion was a tradition, rooted deep in his Clan's history. It was a somber one, yet happy. Bittersweet.

Somber because it was a tradition to present a gift on this day to your mate, or the cat you wanted to be your mate. And that meant Coppersplash might be rejected. Somber also because it was StarClan that watched the occasion, lost family members watching as their living relatives might start a family. Happy because Coppersplash was nearly certain that he knew the feelings he had for this cat were mutual. He was just nervous.

Yet it was with an elated heart that Coppersplash caught the small brown speck, freshly fallen from a hemlock tree. He carried it gently in his teeth, his heart nearly skipped a beat in relief. "I'm sorry," he mumbled around the small pine cone. "I don't actually wish to curse anyone." Coppersplash was speaking to the now darkening sky now. "I'm just nervous about what she might say."

Snow swirled around him, causing his fur to ruffle in the slight breeze. No need to be scared, it seemed to tell him. She feels the same way you do. We wish you happiness in your future.

Coppersplash smiled, a sense of calm around him as he listened to the words of his ancestors. Perhaps hers, as well.

"Thank you," he whispered, coming back into the territory with enough time to spare before the ceremony started - he could clean up his fur, and now couldn't wait to present his small, significant hemlock pine cone to his favorite cat. The cat he wanted to be his mate.
Last edited by Kazin on Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kazin
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Elliad. » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:32 am

Username: Viktor Nikiforov
Cat Name: Falconwind
Clan: Thornclan
Prompt: a flower for his kit (433/500)
Falconwind soared through the sky as he ran, letting the spirits guide him to the flower. His time was running out; it was almost the end of the day and he had yet to find the perfect flower for his little kit on her birthday.
The Leaf-bare had began later than normal, resulting in his kit’s favourite flower not growing at the usual patch outside of the camp. So, Falconwind planned to travel up into the mountains in search for it. After speaking with one of the Earth ancestors, that was where he was guided.
As he climbed up the mountain towards the green patch, following the trail that was made by a twoleg’s monster, he could hear the thudding of a cat’s foot chasing after him. Taking a look behind him, he noticed it was his kit, running as fast as possible, trying to keep up. With a smile, Falconwind kept running. “Try to keep up, darling!” He yelled to his kit.
Upon arriving at the patch of flowers, he searched around for the flower, a snowdrop. He searched and he searched but there was no snowdrop on the flower patch. He prepared to head further into the mountain while cursing the ancestors, his kit called out: “Papa, there is one over here!”
On a ledge at a distance from the patch, a single snowdrop bloomed, grass popping through around it. “I’ll get it!” His kit yelled as she jumped to grab it but skidded and teetered on the edge. Rushing forward, Falconwind grabbed his kit just as she started to fall, pulling her back onto the safe flower patch. He noticed that the kit had the flower in her mouth while he placed her down. “You need to be more careful! I’m not as young or healthy as I used to be!” He shouted, louder than expected.
She looked sheepish as she placed the flower onto her paws. “Can I have it please, papa?” The kit asked, looking up at her father.
Looking down at the kit, smiling fondly before taking the flower. Falconwind replied: “not yet, darling. You can have it when we arrive back at camp.”
Walking back to camp, Falconwind went at a slower pace so that his kit could easily keep up.
He placed the flower down on the snow-covered ground, looking up at the stone etched with ‘Tulipkit, 4 moons’. “Here you go darling,” he says fondly, looking up at the kit that was fading away for another year. She smiled brightly before leaping away into the distance, becoming more distant with each leap. “Thanks papa!”
Last edited by Elliad. on Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elliad.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby alokesti » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:21 am

Username: alokesti
    Cat Name: jayberry
    Clan: rushclan
    Prompt:
    whenever lionpaw became lionstripe, jayberry just knew he had to find a special gift for her special occasion. lionstripe had trained so hard to become the cat she had become today and he wanted to praise her for her hard work even though he was not the one to train her. there was just one teensy problem, jayberry was terrible at picking out gifts and he really wanted this one to be meaningful and special! he didn’t want to prance up to her and ask her what she wanted because then that would ruin the surprise effect so one night jayberry decided to follow after lionstripe whenever she went out for one of her midnight strolls.
    he knew he had to be very quiet so that he did not alert lionstripe of his presence. he carefully watched her sniff a bundle of wildflowers and thought that those would make a great gift but he wanted to give her something better than just a pawful of flowers so he continued to watch (stalk) her. they eventually ended up under this large pine tree which had littered the ground with tons of these large pine cones. the kitten inside of lionstripe was beginning to show as she began to bat the pine cones with her paws. jayberry had to cover his paw over his mouth to stifle his chuckle. a wonderful idea finally popped into his head and he quickly but silently ran back to camp, picking a few of the wildflowers along the way. when he returned to his den he gently place the perfectly plucked wild flowers in a moist area of his den. “I will have to return for the other pieces of the gift tomorrow,” he told himself with a yawn as he climbed into his nest and fell asleep.
    the following morning, jayberry made sure to be awake before any other cat so that no one would be able to ruin his surprise gift for lionstripe. “hopefully I can remember the way to the large pine tree,” he mumbled to himself as he exited the camp. he carefully made his way through the forest until he stumbled upon the most perfectly shaped pinecone. “this is perfect!” he meowed excitedly to himself as he scooped up the cone and jogged back to camp. he was happy to see that lionstripe was still sound asleep in the warriors’ den.
    he entered his den and began to craft his gift for lionstripe. once he was happy with the look of his creation he happily bounded off to greet her, her gift dangling from his jaws.
    good morning, lionstripe,” the medicine cat purred.
    greetings, jayberry,” the golden warrior chirped.
    jayberry gently pushed his creation towards lionstripe. he had taken the flowers and neatly wound them around the pinecone to make this beautiful looking piece.
    whats this?” lionstripe asked, a purr rumbling in her throat.
    it is a gift for all of your hard training,” jayberry replied, his face heating up.
    I love it, jayberry! thank you,” she mewed as she nuzzled his cheek.
Last edited by alokesti on Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
alokesti | girl | shark and whale lover | future marine biologist
character page | alo's pitties
| rushclan [rise]
alokesti

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me