Re: Rise | #1036

Postby zippo. » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:08 am

username: zippo.
cat's name: robin -> vulture ------> The Morning's Melody, Sweet Robin
clan: The Land of Three Crows
how do they cope?: 792/1.5k

Robin missed what he could have been,
what he could have done.

He was born in the village, his mother dying of starvation shortly after weaning him, her only son. He fended for himself for only a short time though, as he found another lone kitten. She had no name, but that did not stop the two from becoming quick friends. It took only a few moons before they were adopted together - by a molly named Ash and her new mate, Dawnflare. They promised the kittens of a Sacred Meadow full of life and happiness. Their new mother bestowed them the names of Robin and Rain. It was everything they promised, at first anyway. The newfound siblings gained weight and grew into themselves, into their namesakes. They grew to Apprentices, known to the tribe as Littles before they even could even blink. It was then that their perfect world shattered. Their father was not who he seemed, Robin was too young to understand then but he remembered some of the hissed words.

Murderer. Betrayal. Memory. Banishment.

He watched his father run from camp with misty eyes, which soon turned to waterfalls as his mother broke down in tears. She cuddled the two kittens extra close that night, but not close enough. Robin was a heavysleeper, he remembers that - and when he awoke he was at the feet of his father with drops of blood staining his pelt. He remembers how cold he felt with Rain and his mothers comfort. The tom before him was not the father he had grown to know - he referred to himself as 'Red' and spoke in harsh terms. He started calling Robin by the name of Vulture, it's still fuzzy but it was something to do about how weak Robin was. This Red tried to train him, brutal in his ways, to become something similar to him. It did not work; and Robin was murdered because of his uselessness.

Robin woke up in a land of pure light, he remembers even now how warmth it was. He felt calm, happy - he hadn't felt that way in a long time. He remembers being approached by a figure, it morphed to take the shape of a feline, and its velvety voice engulfed him. His vision was fuzzy before a bit because of the blinding light, and then the land morphed to the Crows' territory. He could see other spirits around, conversing as if everything was normal. Robin was confused but not frightened, he knew somehow that he was home. The figure, which he has come to know as Raducaneni, promised to him that he was safe and explained to him where he was, the Solem, and what had happened in his life. The other spirits within the Solem comforted him, taught him of everything he did not get to know in his life - it was as if he was living in a perfect world, despite the fact he would never age. Then the Goddess Vrochi whispered of the Lux Iudicii, the trials to become a Praesidio. At first this meant nothing to him until he learned of what it entitled - access to the world of the living, a chance to see and help his mother and sister. He was the youngest to complete the trials, and is the youngest Praesidio. He had coped with unfortunate death, but it saddened him to see that his family had not. Ash was ridden with guilt and Rain had become reclusive, scared to get close to others again. He didn't want to reveal him selves to them in fear of what it may do, so he came up with a different solution. The Land of Three crows had an influx of Robin population, and every morning they would whistle the same sweet tune to awaken the Cats to day.

To most it meant nothing, a simple pleasantry to living in the Sacred Meadow.
To Ash? It meant that her son was safe, that he had found the light.
To Rain? It meant that her brother would always be with her, and she would reunite with him when the time comes.

After the first morning, Robin returned to the Solem to the soft smiling faces of the other Luxes. They were proud that he had found his purpose, that he had already proven wiser beyond his limited years. The other residents of Solem began to call him 'Sweet Robin' - Raducaneni however, began to call him 'The Morning's Melody' in encouragement of his actions.

Robin has accepted his fate, but did not let the unfortunate weigh his soul down.
He awaits the day he can feel his families warmth again, and until then he will sing for them at the break of every dawn.

moodboard done by me.
zippo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby geto » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:25 pm

username:
    cat's name: Erain
    clan: Konclode Ridge
    how do they cope?:

At first, I didn't know what was going on, I was confused. And would be lying if I said I wasn't angry.
    All I could remember was falling, then a sudden darkness that took over like I have lost all my vision, what came with it after was relaxation and a silent serenity, no pain, no recognition of anything that happened before, my memory was gone. Completely gone.

I have wondered why the cats I called out to wouldn't respond to me, or how they always seemed to walk past me without acknowledging my presence. I saw my mother cry out in a pained sadness I have never seen before, it scares me. But she never responded to me when I would cuddle up beside her in hopes that it would ease whatever troubles she was dealing with.

Nothing, I was invisible.
    And on that same day, the cats were sat around what I assumed were the leader - a shorthaired ticked cabby with hazel-green eyes. As she seemed to announce the death of an apprentice named Erain, who had fallen off a cliff and died instantly upon impact.

-wip-
geto

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lavellan » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:34 am

username: Laurara
    cat's name: Sandypaw
    clan: Lasclan
    how do they cope?:

She wishes she wasn't a part of Starclan. Oh, by the stars, how she wishes she wasn't.

Her mother is there, with her, but that brings her no comfort. She wishes her mother wasn't here either, of course, but in a selfish longing to have had a longer life, she has little sympathy for her.
      Her mother doesn't really care for her, anyway. She watches her birth clan, guiding her siblings and nieces rather than her mate, Sandypaw's father.
      Sandypaw really feels that her father needs that guidance. She has watched him lose the members of his clan, watched him mourn them, and, even more heartbreaking to her, mourn her.
      She's tried everything to appear to him. Attempted to enter his dreams, attempted to manifest in front of him while he visited the Dead Tree or the Star Plateau, but she's never been strong enough to show herself to him.

At the beginning, in an attempt to cope, she followed her father like a shadow. Every step he made, she was at his side, unseen and unheard, but keeping herself somewhat sane. It was like it once was, him training her into being the best warrior that she could be by leading her around the territory. Only now, there was an eerie silence between them.
      That lasted about two months. She shared his den, shared his solo patrols, shared his moments, waking and sleeping.
      Until one night. The clan was rebuilding, he was no longer alone, but she could tell something was off with him. She shadowed him to the Dead Tree, his silent spot, his retreat. She sat right beside him, wishing that she could feel the warmth of his body, the breeze that was ruffling his fur. She shut her eyes, imagining what it felt like, when the deep, gravelly voice of her father cut through the silent.
      "I'm sorry, Sandypaw."
      The ghostly apprentice opened her eyes, the stars reflecting within them, gazing to the large male cat beside her. He wasn't looking at her, rather, his caramel eyes gazed to the stars.
      "I'm sorry I couldn't protect you, my girl."
      "Papa? I'm here, it's okay!" Her cry, desperate and fearful, didn't seem to reach his ears, or, if it did, he didn't react.
      "I know I had to, but I should never have left you there alone. I should have been nearby. The Plateau is too far from camp, we could never have heard you..."
      He trailed off, throat closing audibly. The regal, strong, fearless leader of Lasclan lowered his head, emotion overcoming him. Sandypaw felt her heart leap into her throat, her own emotions racing through her.
      Moving towards him, she nestled her head under his chin, unfelt by either party.
      "It's okay, Papa. I don't blame you..." She murmured, and she saw his pelt prickle. She stepped away to see his eyes, searching the darkness frantically for something that he could not see.
      For a brief second, his caramel gaze locked with her pale blue, and he blinked, unbelieving of what he saw, but when he opened them again, he couldn't find her again.
      "You're here..." The statement was almost a question, but she felt her heart soar. He had seen her!
      "Yes, I am! Can you hear me?"
      But he did not answer. Not directly.
      "I... I should have known. I'm sorry, Sandypaw. I love you."
      "I love you too, Papa..." The words, barely above a whisper, seemed to travel on the wind itself, and, with the smallest prick of his ears, she knew that her father had heard them.

From that night, Sandypaw changed coping mechanisms. Instead of following her father like a silent shadow, she now acts as his confidante and guide.
      She listens to his fears, listens to his hopes and his worries, and he knows that she will always be there to listen, even if she can't make herself known.
      She has found that only strong, powerful emotion allows her to be heard, but, when he truly needs words of encouragement, she lays beside him, whispering to him as he sleeps. She has noticed that he starts the next day with a positive attitude and his head high.
      So, in order to cope with her being with Starclan all too soon, Sandypaw aids her clan's leader, gives her father the guidance he needs, and provides him with someone to speak to in his hours of need.
      And, to be honest, she's finding it to be quite tolerable.
747 words
Lavellan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby denja » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:48 am

Laurara wrote:
    username: Laurara
    cat's name: Sandypaw
    clan: Lasclan
    how do they cope?:

She wishes she wasn't a part of Starclan. Oh, by the stars, how she wishes she wasn't.

Her mother is there, with her, but that brings her no comfort. She wishes her mother wasn't here either, of course, but in a selfish longing to have had a longer life, she has little sympathy for her.
      Her mother doesn't really care for her, anyway. She watches her birth clan, guiding her siblings and nieces rather than her mate, Sandypaw's father.
      Sandypaw really feels that her father needs that guidance. She has watched him lose the members of his clan, watched him mourn them, and, even more heartbreaking to her, mourn her.
      She's tried everything to appear to him. Attempted to enter his dreams, attempted to manifest in front of him while he visited the Dead Tree or the Star Plateau, but she's never been strong enough to show herself to him.

At the beginning, in an attempt to cope, she followed her father like a shadow. Every step he made, she was at his side, unseen and unheard, but keeping herself somewhat sane. It was like it once was, him training her into being the best warrior that she could be by leading her around the territory. Only now, there was an eerie silence between them.
      That lasted about two months. She shared his den, shared his solo patrols, shared his moments, waking and sleeping.
      Until one night. The clan was rebuilding, he was no longer alone, but she could tell something was off with him. She shadowed him to the Dead Tree, his silent spot, his retreat. She sat right beside him, wishing that she could feel the warmth of his body, the breeze that was ruffling his fur. She shut her eyes, imagining what it felt like, when the deep, gravelly voice of her father cut through the silent.
      "I'm sorry, Sandypaw."
      The ghostly apprentice opened her eyes, the stars reflecting within them, gazing to the large male cat beside her. He wasn't looking at her, rather, his caramel eyes gazed to the stars.
      "I'm sorry I couldn't protect you, my girl."
      "Papa? I'm here, it's okay!" Her cry, desperate and fearful, didn't seem to reach his ears, or, if it did, he didn't react.
      "I know I had to, but I should never have left you there alone. I should have been nearby. The Plateau is too far from camp, we could never have heard you..."
      He trailed off, throat closing audibly. The regal, strong, fearless leader of Lasclan lowered his head, emotion overcoming him. Sandypaw felt her heart leap into her throat, her own emotions racing through her.
      Moving towards him, she nestled her head under his chin, unfelt by either party.
      "It's okay, Papa. I don't blame you..." She murmured, and she saw his pelt prickle. She stepped away to see his eyes, searching the darkness frantically for something that he could not see.
      For a brief second, his caramel gaze locked with her pale blue, and he blinked, unbelieving of what he saw, but when he opened them again, he couldn't find her again.
      "You're here..." The statement was almost a question, but she felt her heart soar. He had seen her!
      "Yes, I am! Can you hear me?"
      But he did not answer. Not directly.
      "I... I should have known. I'm sorry, Sandypaw. I love you."
      "I love you too, Papa..." The words, barely above a whisper, seemed to travel on the wind itself, and, with the smallest prick of his ears, she knew that her father had heard them.

From that night, Sandypaw changed coping mechanisms. Instead of following her father like a silent shadow, she now acts as his confidante and guide.
      She listens to his fears, listens to his hopes and his worries, and he knows that she will always be there to listen, even if she can't make herself known.
      She has found that only strong, powerful emotion allows her to be heard, but, when he truly needs words of encouragement, she lays beside him, whispering to him as he sleeps. She has noticed that he starts the next day with a positive attitude and his head high.
      So, in order to cope with her being with Starclan all too soon, Sandypaw aids her clan's leader, gives her father the guidance he needs, and provides him with someone to speak to in his hours of need.
      And, to be honest, she's finding it to be quite tolerable.
747 words

congrats! so sorry i was late judging this one - it had totally skipped my mind!
denja

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lavellan » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:27 am

Oh my goodness, thank you so much! <3 I was really hoping to win an ancestor during the event, and I'm so lucky to have won this gal *o*
Lavellan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me