Re: Rise | #0566

Postby ataraxic_gone » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:37 pm

Username;; dewly_noted
    Cat Name;; CopperPaw [formerly; cooper]
    Gender;; male
    Age;; 9 moons
    Clan;; beachclan

Prompt;;
    The sound of dog laughter filled his ears, running along his spine like bolts of electricity, fueling his body to react. His paws had been glued to the earth below him as the shrill calls of wanton death approached, only silenced by a more present whisper. At his side, a tabby of his markings but of twice his size whispered words that found themselves imprinted on his mind like a branding iron.
    "Run and don't ever stop."
    He had flown from the place he stood, his sister's voice ringing in his ears, so much so that he didn't realise she hadn't followed in his stead. She would be the hero of this story, Cooper would be the coward.

Paws ran over the concrete pavements that two-legs so haphazardly patroled, eyes darting back and forth as every movement caused his gaze to flick and his path to change. He was like a bat out of hell, burning bright as he streaked through neighbourhoods of two-leg homes. His breath came out in puffs but on the tip of his tongue came out the mantra his sister had handed to him. Run and don't ever stop. His pace was relentless, casting him through the world he had once known and onto the doorsteps of something new and strange. The trees he had once known to decorate two-leg homes and den entrances became wilder, the houses became thinner. Soon without much wisdom in his movements, Cooper ran straight off the side of a two-leg trail, stumbling to his feet before collapsing in the leaf litter of the gutter he found himself in. Struggled breaths became broken sobs as he let the emotions he had carried for his whole panicked spree run loose. Where was his sister? She was gone. Where was he? Lost. He continued to sob until his cries fell into silence.

Cooper woke, shaking in the cold, the damp tapping of rainfall waking him from his deathlike slumber, the world weighing on him with a heaviness he was never supposed to feel while this young. As this world weighed on him, the previous night still reality, his sister's words echoed behind him, catching him in a panic. He had to run, and he couldn't stop again.

The world flew by him for two- maybe three weeks. Body thinning on his bones as he stopped to sleep and occasionally to drink.

The little creek that had little waterfalls along it, peaceful to the mind and soul had held him for a moment. He was silent slowing to sip the creek's water as bird song echoed above him. He felt at peace as nature seemed to reach down and touch him, whisking him into a silent moment that no-one else would ever be privy too. The ghost of his sister whispered, "don't stop."

The grassy pastures with sun rays and the chatter of other cats echoing over the horizon, laughter promising friendship and safety. He found himself walking towards the sounds, his heart relaxing at the thought he could stop his flight once and for all. As the sound of voices approached he felt fear run along his spine, his sister's voice seeped into his mind and before the words even made their way into his mind he was fleeing.

Cooper ran. He was getting good at it now, he didn't even need to wait for the memory to kick in. Cooper would run as long as he could breathe, as long as his legs could carry him he kept moving. But as the trees changed from oak to pine his feet slowed, exhaustion seeping into him as he slowed. Caution to the wind as his paws met with a twig, cracking rather loudly as Cooper stood to attention fear flowing over his face as he tried to gain valour- the first living face he'd seen since he started running before him.

"Who are you?" Came the angry question.

Cooper turned to run, eyes flicking between the cliff faces that showed he had run straight into this cats home. But as if seeing the fear in his heart, the trouble he had faced the cat softened.

"I believe we got off on the wrong paw," the stranger said voice taking a softer turn.
    "I'm lost." Cooper sobbed, worries finally spilling over.

Two words silenced his panic, a smile attached to the fondness spoken.

"Not anymore."

He stopped running. [734/800]
ataraxic_gone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hawky<3 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:58 pm

dewly_noted wrote:
    Username;; dewly_noted
    Cat Name;; CopperPaw [formerly; cooper]
    Gender;; male
    Age;; 9 moons
    Clan;; beachclan

Prompt;;
    The sound of dog laughter filled his ears, running along his spine like bolts of electricity, fueling his body to react. His paws had been glued to the earth below him as the shrill calls of wanton death approached, only silenced by a more present whisper. At his side, a tabby of his markings but of twice his size whispered words that found themselves imprinted on his mind like a branding iron.
    "Run and don't ever stop."
    He had flown from the place he stood, his sister's voice ringing in his ears, so much so that he didn't realise she hadn't followed in his stead. She would be the hero of this story, Cooper would be the coward.

Paws ran over the concrete pavements that two-legs so haphazardly patroled, eyes darting back and forth as every movement caused his gaze to flick and his path to change. He was like a bat out of hell, burning bright as he streaked through neighbourhoods of two-leg homes. His breath came out in puffs but on the tip of his tongue came out the mantra his sister had handed to him. Run and don't ever stop. His pace was relentless, casting him through the world he had once known and onto the doorsteps of something new and strange. The trees he had once known to decorate two-leg homes and den entrances became wilder, the houses became thinner. Soon without much wisdom in his movements, Cooper ran straight off the side of a two-leg trail, stumbling to his feet before collapsing in the leaf litter of the gutter he found himself in. Struggled breaths became broken sobs as he let the emotions he had carried for his whole panicked spree run loose. Where was his sister? She was gone. Where was he? Lost. He continued to sob until his cries fell into silence.

Cooper woke, shaking in the cold, the damp tapping of rainfall waking him from his deathlike slumber, the world weighing on him with a heaviness he was never supposed to feel while this young. As this world weighed on him, the previous night still reality, his sister's words echoed behind him, catching him in a panic. He had to run, and he couldn't stop again.

The world flew by him for two- maybe three weeks. Body thinning on his bones as he stopped to sleep and occasionally to drink.

The little creek that had little waterfalls along it, peaceful to the mind and soul had held him for a moment. He was silent slowing to sip the creek's water as bird song echoed above him. He felt at peace as nature seemed to reach down and touch him, whisking him into a silent moment that no-one else would ever be privy too. The ghost of his sister whispered, "don't stop."

The grassy pastures with sun rays and the chatter of other cats echoing over the horizon, laughter promising friendship and safety. He found himself walking towards the sounds, his heart relaxing at the thought he could stop his flight once and for all. As the sound of voices approached he felt fear run along his spine, his sister's voice seeped into his mind and before the words even made their way into his mind he was fleeing.

Cooper ran. He was getting good at it now, he didn't even need to wait for the memory to kick in. Cooper would run as long as he could breathe, as long as his legs could carry him he kept moving. But as the trees changed from oak to pine his feet slowed, exhaustion seeping into him as he slowed. Caution to the wind as his paws met with a twig, cracking rather loudly as Cooper stood to attention fear flowing over his face as he tried to gain valour- the first living face he'd seen since he started running before him.

"Who are you?" Came the angry question.

Cooper turned to run, eyes flicking between the cliff faces that showed he had run straight into this cats home. But as if seeing the fear in his heart, the trouble he had faced the cat softened.

"I believe we got off on the wrong paw," the stranger said voice taking a softer turn.
    "I'm lost." Cooper sobbed, worries finally spilling over.

Two words silenced his panic, a smile attached to the fondness spoken.

"Not anymore."

He stopped running. [734/800]

i absolutely adore your writing style!! i love the description and it really made me feel like it was an emotional and physical journey, which is a very neat concept!
also giving an HM to oceanfosh, i liked the description and storytelling in your form as well <3
thank you everyone for entering!

hi! call me hawk or hawky :)
they/she
i draw and rp sometimes
pm me, i love to chat!

cleudsxxmy TH
art shop
Hawky<3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ataraxic_gone » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:07 pm

Bless!

Time for CopperPaw to settle down and learn to live in the here and now.
ataraxic_gone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me