Re: Viscet #2416

Postby Arvexius » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:58 am

username; Arvexius
name; Adrien
gender; Male
prompt: Adrians biggest secret is allying up with heaven, even though he works for hell. His biggest fear is being found working with heaven, by hell.
extras; WIP
Arvexius

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yuroshi » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:34 am

username; Yuroshi
name;
gender; Male
prompt: what's their biggest secret or deepest regret? (min of 200 words | max of 800 words)
extras; x3 (optional)

Mark

PM's are always open, no matter what.
Have a wonderful day~

Avatar done by the amazing QueenNyra!!
Yuroshi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rubixilam » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:05 pm

oh hello
username;
name;
gender;
prompt: what's their biggest secret or deepest regret? (min of 200 words | max of 800 words)
extras; x3 (optional)
██ rubi │

AWOOOOGA
rubixilam

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tordier » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:57 am

【▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃】
▃▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▃

Gleon
Kabrit
Female
796 Words
54 Words
Gleon (ShedoNayami)

username;
name;
gender;
deepest regret;
poem;
art by;

▃▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▃
【▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃】
Kabrit's Deepest Regret

"Kabrit, I have to tell you something."
    The horned viscet looked up from a gently babbling stream, cool water dripping from her lips as she turned towards her friend. Her brow furrowed with concern when she saw the grave expression on her companion's face. It was a stark change from the jovial forest romp the pair had originally planned.
    "Yeah? What is it, Morgan?", Kabrit prompted.
    Morgan took a deep breath, as if he were trying to procrastinate for just a second more. He struggled to look Kabrit in the eyes, and instead stared intently at his own paws.
    "There's... There's no easy way to say this.", he began. "Kabrit, I got the news from the doctor..."
    Morgan's voice wavered and he tilted his head down a little further, as if he were trying to hide his face.
    "It's not good Kabrit... It's really bad."
    A pair of tears fell to the ground under Morgan's nose, and Kabrit shuffled up to her friend, wordlessly taking him into her paws. She hoped he did not notice how hard she was biting her own lip to keep from sobbing as well. Kabrit knew what this meant, and the sheer weight of it threatened to tear her heart into pieces on the spot. They held each other for a long time, but eventually, everything has to come to an end.

It was only a matter of weeks before Morgan was staying with the doctor full-time. The last time Kabrit saw him, he had a wheezing cough, bags under his eyes, and looked like he had lost weight. It was heartbreaking. Everything about it was heartbreaking. She could remember Morgan's slightly-forced, comforting smile as he waved goodbye that day. The viscet she loved like a brother was becoming nothing but a shell, and they both knew he would never get better. It hurt too badly, so she did everything she could to forget that it was happening.
    Morgan's friends and family would occasionally stop by to give Kabrit updates on Morgan's health. Most tried to put on a brave face, and some even tried to paint the details with optimism, but none of the news was ever good. Additionally, each viscet consistently told her that Morgan had asked how Kabrit was doing, and that he looked forward to seeing her soon. Kabrit really did want to go see him, but every time she made up her mind to actually do it, she remembered how terrible Morgan looked the last time she saw him. Somehow, Kabrit always managed to convince herself that another time would be better.
    Several more weeks passed, until one morning, Kabrit heard one of the other local viscets calling her. When she went to see what he wanted, he simply handed Kabrit a piece of paper and left solemnly, without saying a word. Kabrit was very puzzled over this, so she turned to the paper in her paws and began to investigate. Now that she had a better look, she realized it was a card, decorated with silver filigree around the edges. Kabrit opened the card, began to read the contents, and froze. Morgan was gone. All that remained was a polite notice regarding the details of his funeral.

"Hi, Morgan...", Kabrit said softly to the simple marble headstone in the grassy field.
    She stood for a moment, observing the elegant letters and the lovingly-inscribed message referring to Morgan as a "beloved son and loyal friend." Then, Kabrit sat gingerly atop the grave. She leaned forward and placed a pawful of daffodils before the headstone.
    "I picked these for you. You always told me how yellow was such a happy color. I hope you're happy, wherever you are."
    She paused for a moment, sheepishly averting her gaze from the headstone as if Morgan himself was watching.
    "Loyal friend, huh? That's you, alright."
    Kabrit sighed deeply. Her voice sounded strained.
    "Oh, Morgan. I still can't believe it. You were always there... Like I should have been. Oh, why was I so selfish? Why couldn't I have gone to see you? Just once, at least! It would have meant so much to you..."
    Tears welled up in Kabrit's already bloodshot eyes.
    "I'm so, so sorry, Morgan. What I did... It was terrible. You probably hate me. I abandoned you when you needed me the most. I wish I could go back. I wish... I just want to say goodbye!"
    Kabrit broke out into loud, shameless sobs. She sat like that for what must have been hours, but eventually, it was time to head home. After that day, Kabrit faithfully visited Morgan's grave every weekend.
    In a lot of ways, Kabrit has since moved on from her grief, but she will forever carry the pain of her deepest regret.

The Goat and the Butterfly

Two friends, they were, the goat
    And the butterfly. Treats of oat
    Could never compare to a butterfly’s
    Kiss. Goat vowed their greatest enterprise
    Would be an eternal future bond.
    Butterfly wanted nothing more, so they
    Made a pact to remain fond
    Of one another for all time.
    Splitting would taste sour as lime.
▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰【 Tordier 】▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰

Maned Wolf ] Ringtail ] INFJ ] Neutral Good ] Type 5
Adult ] Atheist ] Anxious ] Depressed ] Dog Dad ] He/They

Tordier

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gadgetrocks » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:00 pm

Stressing trying to edit your form a minute before the comply ends. :|
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐

Gadget/Tic Tac - he/they/she - adult

Just a little guy!! Very very into my OCs rn
Not super active

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐
coding art credit
link My Toyhouse
My DeviantArt

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Gadgetrocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mint Chip » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:40 am

This one was tough to judge, but honestly I'm really happy for that fact. It shows me that this lil adopt had some people who loved it enough to make this hard on me. <3 So first off, thank you to all of you who participated in this adopt. I appreciate it honestly. <3

Alright, so there were a couple forms on this one but they were good, solid forms. So I had to deliberate a little on the forms before deciding which I felt truly won this. As I said I am judging this mostly on the prompt, though I did see some great art amongst your extras, so great job guys. I'm going to give a HM to the form that was a close second because your for was great but the winner's form just blew me away with the prompt response.

Also want to give some HMs (x1 stubs) to a couple others who also has good (albeit short) forms. So HMs to littlepotato711 & Gadgetrocks

So HM (x2 stubs) to ThePaintedPitbull. Your form was a close second but I wish you had focused a bit more on the prompt itself. Regardless I love your art and your form as a whole. <3

and the win goes to Gleon! I have to say I really did enjoy your prompt response, there was a lot of emotion in it. That sort of regret is hard to shake but it's a very real regret that many have experienced in their lifetimes. Also, that art is beautiful. I really love what your response showed of the character you're building for Kabrit and I look forward to see what you have in store for her in the future!

Gleon wrote:
【▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃】
▃▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▃

Gleon
Kabrit
Female
796 Words
54 Words
Gleon (ShedoNayami)

username;
name;
gender;
deepest regret;
poem;
art by;

▃▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▃
【▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃】
Kabrit's Deepest Regret

The horned viscet looked up from a gently babbling stream, cool water dripping from her lips as she turned towards her friend. Her brow furrowed with concern when she saw the grave expression on her companion's face. It was a stark change from the jovial forest romp the pair had originally planned.
    Morgan took a deep breath, as if he were trying to procrastinate for just a second more. He struggled to look Kabrit in the eyes, and instead stared intently at his own paws.
    "There's... There's no easy way to say this.", he began. "Kabrit, I got the news from the doctor..."
    Morgan's voice wavered and he tilted his head down a little further, as if he were trying to hide his face.
    A pair of tears fell to the ground under Morgan's nose, and Kabrit shuffled up to her friend, wordlessly taking him into her paws. She hoped he did not notice how hard she was biting her own lip to keep from sobbing as well. Kabrit knew what this meant, and the sheer weight of it threatened to tear her heart into pieces on the spot. They held each other for a long time, but eventually, everything has to come to an end.

It was only a matter of weeks before Morgan was staying with the doctor full-time. The last time Kabrit saw him, he had a wheezing cough, bags under his eyes, and looked like he had lost weight. It was heartbreaking. Everything about it was heartbreaking. She could remember Morgan's slightly-forced, comforting smile as he waved goodbye that day. The viscet she loved like a brother was becoming nothing but a shell, and they both knew he would never get better. It hurt too badly, so she did everything she could to forget that it was happening.
    Morgan's friends and family would occasionally stop by to give Kabrit updates on Morgan's health. Most tried to put on a brave face, and some even tried to paint the details with optimism, but none of the news was ever good. Additionally, each viscet consistently told her that Morgan had asked how Kabrit was doing, and that he looked forward to seeing her soon. Kabrit really did want to go see him, but every time she made up her mind to actually do it, she remembered how terrible Morgan looked the last time she saw him. Somehow, Kabrit always managed to convince herself that another time would be better.
    Several more weeks passed, until one morning, Kabrit heard one of the other local viscets calling her. When she went to see what he wanted, he simply handed Kabrit a piece of paper and left solemnly, without saying a word. Kabrit was very puzzled over this, so she turned to the paper in her paws and began to investigate. Now that she had a better look, she realized it was a card, decorated with silver filigree around the edges. Kabrit opened the card, began to read the contents, and froze. Morgan was gone. All that remained was a polite notice regarding the details of his funeral.

"Hi, Morgan...", Kabrit said softly to the simple marble headstone in the grassy field.
    She stood for a moment, observing the elegant letters and the lovingly-inscribed message referring to Morgan as a "beloved son and loyal friend." Then, Kabrit sat gingerly atop the grave. She leaned forward and placed a pawful of daffodils before the headstone.
    "I picked these for you. You always told me how yellow was such a happy color. I hope you're happy, wherever you are."
    She paused for a moment, sheepishly averting her gaze from the headstone as if Morgan himself was watching.
    "Oh, Morgan. I still can't believe it. You were always there... Like I should have been. Oh, why was I so selfish? Why couldn't I have gone to see you? Just once, at least! It would have meant so much to you..."
    "I'm so, so sorry, Morgan. What I did... It was terrible. You probably hate me. I abandoned you when you needed me the most. I wish I could go back. I wish... I just want to say goodbye!"
    Kabrit broke out into loud, shameless sobs. She sat like that for what must have been hours, but eventually, it was time to head home. After that day, Kabrit faithfully visited Morgan's grave every weekend.
    In a lot of ways, Kabrit has since moved on from her grief, but she will forever carry the pain of her deepest regret.

ImageImage | Image | ImageImage

ImageImage
You can call me, Mint or Minty.
I usually type in green.

╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝

Dark Cocoa is owned by my Husband & Mint Chip is owned by me
Art created by me

My PMs are disabled, if you have a Viscet related question,
please see this FAQ.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #2416 - Winner!

Postby Tordier » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:39 am

I'm so excited! Thank you so much, Mint Chip, for the kind words and of course for creating this adopt in the first place. I hope I don't disappoint with my future plans to develop Kabrit further.

Congrats to ThePaintedPitbull, littlepotato711, and Gadgetrocks for the HMs, as well. All your forms were really impressive!
▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰【 Tordier 】▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰

Maned Wolf ] Ringtail ] INFJ ] Neutral Good ] Type 5
Adult ] Atheist ] Anxious ] Depressed ] Dog Dad ] He/They

Tordier

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThePaintedPitBull » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:54 am

Mint Chip wrote:
So HM (x2 stubs) to ThePaintedPitbull. Your form was a close second but I wish you had focused a bit more on the prompt itself. Regardless I love your art and your form as a whole. <3

Thank you so much!!

painted or pitbull
my loves
longnecks and dr.pepper
ThePaintedPitBull

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby littlepotato711 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:21 am

Mint Chip wrote:
This one was tough to judge, but honestly I'm really happy for that fact. It shows me that this lil adopt had some people who loved it enough to make this hard on me. <3 So first off, thank you to all of you who participated in this adopt. I appreciate it honestly. <3

Alright, so there were a couple forms on this one but they were good, solid forms. So I had to deliberate a little on the forms before deciding which I felt truly won this. As I said I am judging this mostly on the prompt, though I did see some great art amongst your extras, so great job guys. I'm going to give a HM to the form that was a close second because your for was great but the winner's form just blew me away with the prompt response.

Also want to give some HMs (x1 stubs) to a couple others who also has good (albeit short) forms. So HMs to littlepotato711 & Gadgetrocks

and the win goes to Gleon! I have to say I really did enjoy your prompt response, there was a lot of emotion in it. That sort of regret is hard to shake but it's a very real regret that many have experienced in their lifetimes. Also, that art is beautiful. I really love what your response showed of the character you're building for Kabrit and I look forward to see what you have in store for her in the future!

Gleon wrote:
【▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃】
▃▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▃

Gleon
Kabrit
Female
796 Words
54 Words
Gleon (ShedoNayami)

username;
name;
gender;
deepest regret;
poem;
art by;

▃▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▏▃
【▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃】
Kabrit's Deepest Regret

Congrats! Thanks for the HM! What are stubs tho?
littlepotato711

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me