My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Anniversary Adopt | Ruby -- July

Postby khvoxtic » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:44 am

Username: Planiteri [♦] Name: Raleigh
Gift: A soft toy

[♦]

Raleigh stood in the isles of their local store, watching their family duck up and down, it was the day after Christmas, boxing day sales were on and the shop was a mad rush, clothes, toys and homeware were spread around the building with no regard to the workers and how much of a struggle it would be to clean... everything.

Letting out a sigh they turned down to their sibling, Sienna, a small little thing they were, eyes wide as the rushing crowd brushed past them, leaning down they hoisted the young girl onto their hip and walked slowly, eyes scanning over everything, occasionally seeing flying red hair, distinct to their whole family even to the one with clammy little hands gripping onto their shirt, head flicking this way in that in fascination and curiosity like most would as a child did, trying to take in absolutely everything of the wonderful shop around them. Not that it was really wonderful, it was just one of those cheap stores that seemed to sell everything you needed and a lot more you didn't.

"Ra-wee..." Head shaking back to reality they looked down at the little girl who had been tugging at their collar, eyebrows furrowed, bottom lip jutted out in just a way to let them know they had been trying to get their attention for just a little too long for her liking. Following the line of her free arm to what she had been pointing at he looked to see a basket, full to the brim of soft toys. Sighing softly, they walked over.

A multi-coloured unicorn, a brown sleepy owl, a black cat and a blue and purple dragon. The small kalon's paw dropped from the collar of their shirt and reached into the pile. Scrambling to get a better grip on the small girl as she more or less fell into soft toys arms wrapping around the dragon and pulling it into her chest, rubbing her cheek against it with a beaming smile, glancing up, piercing blue eyes bore into their soul as they shoved the dragon toy into their face for a few seconds before pulling it back into a hug.

“Raleigh! Let’s go! We’re done.” Their mother called, hair tied up into a bun, loose strands cascading down her cheeks as she stood, many more of obvious family, hanging off the sides of a shopping cart. Shouting, bickering and more, the tired eyes of their mother smiled through the noise before glancing to the soft toy, head shaking softly.

“She doesn’t need it.” Came the defeated sigh, it was true, Sienna didn’t need the toy, it was merely a material good that she wouldn’t profit from… Looking to her, Raleigh frowned, taking the toy and putting it back into the pile. The smiling face that once seemed etched onto her lips cracked and crumbled into tears as they walked to join the rest of their family. The shopping cart was filled with jumpers, shoes, cutlery… Things they needed.

It was hard having such a large family, relying on hand-me-downs or sales was one of the only ways to get new things, even if they weren’t particularly new…

Leaving the shop, Raleigh listened to the whimpering of the small child whose heart they had just broken by leaving a toy behind. Buckling her into the car along with the rest of their clan, Raleigh kissed her forehead before closing the door. Turning to see tired eyes and a smile holding out a five dollar note.

"Thank you for looking after her, I know she can be a handful." Biting their lip, Raleigh timidly took the note and looked at the store.
"I forgot something..."
"Of course you did. And this thing wouldn't happen to be blue and purple now would it?"

Raleigh beamed, of course, she had already known exactly what the five dollars would be spent on. Scrambling back to the store, darting up the isles they walked around in hopes to find that pile of toys. They hadn't really paid any attention while they had walked around the first time. It was by chance they saw it, happily picking up the dragon once again only to return to the car, smile on their lips, turning in their chair to wiggle the soft toy in Sienna's face. The squeal that came from her lips was all the thanks they needed as the toy had been snatched from their grasp and snuggled once more.

Of course, she didn't need it... But sometimes it was good to splurge and get something you wanted, even if it lost that original attachment eventually, they were sure it would, but the smile and the happy gurgles were enough to tell them they had made the right choice.

[♦]

Leaning in the doorway of Sierra's room, Raleigh watched as she packed her bags, trying to be as quiet as they could to just observe their little sibling, hand me down dresses and jumpers followed by boxing day sale shoes made their way into the suitcase. She had grown so much and now it was time to grow again, just, somewhere new.

Paws picking up the faded blue and purple stuffed toy there was a small smile on her lips as she lifted the toy into the air, button eye sewn back into place, the tail missing and the fur not as soft as it once was. Watching as it was placed just outside the suitcase, Raleigh pouted.

"You're not taking them?"
"Jeez, Ra! You gave me a heart attack!"
"Why aren't you packing them too!" They pouted, ears drooping as their arms crossed over their chest. Sierra snorted at the childish behaviour, picking up the soft toy and turning to face them. Piercing blue eyes bore into their heart as her cheek ran across the toy regardless of how soft it was.

"Because why would I put them in the suitcase? They wouldn't be able to breathe like that."

(996/1000)
Last edited by khvoxtic on Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
[Emersyn ⯁]
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
they/them | adult
kals xdm me

███████████████████
Feel free to DM me here or on discord if you
need to get in contact with me for anything!

[@khvoxtic on Dis] always open for a chat!
khvoxtic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lillekatt » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:45 am

mark
Icon by sandei.
Sig art by -WanHeda-.
Lillekatt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meridiem » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:48 am

Dropping, good luck to everyone
Last edited by Meridiem on Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------------------------------------------
Meridiem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby doryphoros » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:52 am

Username: aporia.
Name: sekhmet
Gift: a small, worn bronze timepiece. the hands are stuck on 11:12.
Why? [1000 words maximum, 100 words minimum]
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
rio | pansexual| enfp | libra

i make art, occasionally.

come support these amazing adoptables !!!

memelord | kalons | art shop | babusagi

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
doryphoros

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lemm » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:54 am

Username:
    carousel.
Name:
    Leanna
Gift:
    photo strip from many years ago to grandmother
Why?
    A light mist hung over the edge of the woods surrounding the cemetery. Leanna’s eyes sparkled as the sun slowly rose from the sky, illuminating the names of everyone’s loved ones. She was searching for her grandmother, a long photo strip in hand. It showed both of them making funny faces at each other, laughing, and being so cheerful. She could only frankly remember that day, but it was the photo strip that brought back all the memories she’d had with her beloved grandma. An owl hooted from a nearby tree as she solemnly walked to the spot, a place she had memorized since the day of the funeral. A tear dropped off of her long fur as Leanna sat down by the new, shiny grave that read her beloved’s name.
    It had been 5 months since the funeral. On this now sunny day in July, her grandmother would have been turning 73. The birds and insects around the cemetery had stopped their noises; you could no longer hear the singing of the blue jays, or the creaking of the crickets. There was silence. It was almost as if every organism in the area was watching Leanna, who now had salty tears coming from both eyes and was holding on to the photo strip so tightly creases had formed in it.
    Her grandmother was her best friend, the most amazing woman she’s ever known. In the spring they would take hikes through the woods to go to the creek, and in the summer they would go to the lake and spend their days swimming together and laughing. They were “two peas in a pod;” She was much closer with her grandmother than she was with her mom, whom was always away for work and finding a new boyfriend every month. When a heart attack took away her best friend, leanna was heartbroken. She sobbed for days at the news, and then again at the funeral that took place in mid-February. Her tears froze to the long fur on her chest in the cold weather; she walked back to her grandmother’s house after, searching through her belongings for anything to remind her of the good times they had. Whether it was to be a polaroid image or a home-dipped candle, she cherished everything and brought it home.
    It was just last night that she found the photo strip from so long ago. She was clueless about the day until she read the message on the back, scribbled in her favorite famous handwriting; “coney island with my anna! March 3rd, 2010.” She instantly remembered the day; It was quite windy, and her mom dropped her off at her grandma’s house for the day as she headed to work. They drove the 45 minutes to the boardwalk, and she can remember she sweet smell of funnel cake through the air. Not many rides were open due to the windy weather, but that didn’t stop the besties from going into the photo booth and taking silly pictures. After they left, they ate at a local Mediterranean restaurant and Leanna declared this the best day ever! They’d had so much fun that day, all of their life problems were gone. They had each other, for the time being.
    As she snapped back into reality, Leanna rubbed the water droplets off of her grandmother’s grave and read her name so many times, she’d lost count. The quote on the grave was, you could say, meaningless to most. But not to Lea; it read “See you in a while, my ruby.” Of course she was her ruby; that being her grandmother’s birthstone, it was what she naturally called Leanna. The damp soil around her gravestone was wiped away by her paw as she placed the wrinkled photo into the small hole, covering it again with the dirt. More tears caused the dirt to go black as it became wetter, the harsh sun’s rays beating down on her fur. It was getting too warm for her liking. She stood up on unsteady legs and began the trek towards the woods. Almost halfway to the tree-line, she ran back to the grave. “I love you, grandma. Happy birthday. See you in a while.” And with that, she knew it was time to move on with her life; though the days of coney island were over, she’d never forget her grandmother’s sweet smile, cursive handwriting, or all the good memories they shared. And she’d remember all the way until that while was over. [753/1,000]
Last edited by lemm on Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
lemm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby artemis, » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:59 am

marking
artemis,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snowdrake » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:02 am

Res w/ swarovski infused metal carved ring
things just got a lot more relaxed for me, I'll be able to be online more often! responses still won't be instant most times, sorry </3
snowdrake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby justamindset » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:07 am

Username:
Name:
Gift:
Why? [1000 words maximum, 100 words minimum]

mark Ember

[♡] ember / / [♡] justamindset
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

[][][][][][][][][][]

information and links

kals // toyhouse // comms: open

𓆩*𓆪 and i know where to look 𓆩*𓆪

in permanent need of coffee

justamindset

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Username: dave. || Word Count: 997

Postby yeena » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:11 am

Gift: Homemade Cupcake

Rudy loved to bake. There was something fascinating and satisfying with combining smaller ingredients to create one big fluffy delicacy in the end. He could stay up for days on end just cooking little dishes or meals, yet he did stay up for days on end just to bake. His violet eyes scanned the stove top a third time, checking another time just to be sure that there wasn’t a glowing orange ringlet across the top anymore. Rudy had learned a thing or two about not checking to make sure the stove tops were off in his baking and cooking lifestyle.

With a delicate china bowl clutched between his nimble fingers, he began to cool the soup that he had prepared off. After a few blows, he would let the bowl rest carefully on his lap. Rudy didn’t mind waiting a couple of minutes for the soup to cool to a more comfortable temperature.

Life in school hadn’t been anything out of the ordinary for Rudy so far, he had merely been minding his own business with his small group of friends this semester. It hadn’t come up until just recently that he discovered that not everything around him was a moderately easy-going wave. There had been some strong currents stirring under the undisturbed tranquil surface of his fantasy pond; and he had just come to realize it after sticking his hand in the water.

One of his closest friends, a girl he’d known since grade school, had been stirring up a tornado about him. She would throw information out left and right without acknowledging the lies behind them all, or the accomplishments that she, and many others, were brushing off like nothing. She truly was the definition of a force that wouldn’t let anything stand in her way, and he following wasn’t any better. Rudy brought the porcelain bowl to his mouth, taking a tiny sip of the tangy red liquid. Various vegetables gathered at the edge of the bowl where he took his sip, only dispersing when he tilted the bowl back into its original position.

The thought of his friend had his mind in an unsettled state. There wasn’t any anger present, just a cool breeze of utmost discomfort and some disappointment, as well. Rudy had been through a lot with her and for her to turn around and do this was something surprising to him. Despite everything she said, he was truly aware that absolutely none of what she was saying was true. It was almost pathetic, the way she was presenting her attacks; absolute lies that anyone could prove untrue if they just thought and looked around for more than two milliseconds. These were the reasons he wasn’t tightening his grip on the bowl, or letting some wave of anger make him grit his teeth bitterly.

Rudy thought about the time; this wasn’t highschool now, college, actually. It would be petty of him to invite her to a duel in the parking lot because of this, alternatively, he would simply let her become aware that he wasn’t stupid. Getting kicked out of school wouldn’t be worth this and, besides, his mother had always reminded him to kill others with kindness. He gazed down at his reflection in the red soup, the density of the soup maring his image. An idea suddenly drove into his head like a nail being pressed into a slab of wood.

He whisked his head up and flipped his hair across his shoulder with a tiny, bright grin on his face.

~

Waltzing into the school with pride was something that Rudy was never incapable of doing. With straight posture and a small container grasped in his hands, Rudy was practically ready to take on the world at the moment. Or, in this case, the friend he had constantly shared common interests with throughout his entire life.

It was easy for him to find where his friend was; she had a spot that she always spent time at in the morning. The far corner of the lecture hall, with a couple of extra chairs pulled up to a table where some of her loyal followers always sat. Today, however, she only had two other people with her. Two girls that he didn’t recognize and didn’t have the time to know. Trotting over quietly to the table, he gave his friend a small wave that she looked surprised to receive. She, nonetheless, leaned forward on the table and tucked her phone away to greet him.

He smiled at her genuinely, eyes bright and cheery with the natural vibes that he always emitted. She tried to reflect his smile but fell short with being genuine; he caught the way she glanced at the plastic container in his hands. Her comrades said nothing to him or about him. Instead, they stared at him with a look that was somewhere between mild interest and absolute boredom. Rudy could care less at the way that they perceived him in the moment. Placing himself at the opposite end of his friend on the round table, he introduced himself and greeted everyone verbally before sliding the container over to his friend gently.

Inside the container was a homemade gift, if you will; a cupcake that had a swirling of vanilla icing on the top. It smelled strongly of sugar and vanilla; he had made sure to add an extra amount of each to the cupcake.

Rudy had stayed up the night prior to this day, baking the cupcake that was seemingly perfect. He watched with slightly narrowed eyes as his friend was eager to snatch the cupcake up and take a willing bite of it.

This was when he decided to comfortably chime in a belated warning.

Oh, I was trying something new out as well. I added some ghost peppers to the recipe, just to try and add a little more flavor to the mix. Do give me input on it, if you wouldn’t mind!
Last edited by yeena on Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
yeena

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me