Re: || Lunar New Year Adopts || Rooster || 10

Postby casiopea » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:46 am

username: cobras | name: zachary chase | 10 word personality: "Relax, I've totally got this! I know what I'm doing."

─────────────────

what do they do at the crack of dawn?

Zachary tugged at his sleeves as he walked down the heavily forested path. He looked around as if expecting to find a path branching off into civilization, but all he could hear was the soft music of the breeze and the quiet pitter-patter of the rain against the tree leaves.

Lost again.

It wasn't the first time or the last time he'd get lost in this forest, so he might as well keep walking. Plus, he thought, I'm not completely lost. I know that path is around here somewhere, right?

He took in his surroundings very quickly since there wasn't much to see. The same drab looking bushes and small plants, the same ancient looking tree trunks, the same worn down path. He'd find the path leading to the old, quiet forest town pretty soon, he was sure of it.

A couple of minutes passed and he noticed he'd passed the same bush twice before. Either that or a bush that looked a lot like the one he had just walked past. Could he be going in circles?

"Nonsense!" he muttered aloud, teeth clenched. "I know what I'm doing. Besides, I've done this before. Every morning go to town,
        buy what I need for the day, and go back home to work on building that little shed. Easy peasy, should be pretty simple."

At last, Zachary was greeted by a large road, and not too far in the distance stood a couple of shops and houses. Farther along the road he could spot the main street of the town, and beyond that, he could see the docks.

He grinned and made his way down the road and into town. The familiar sound of people chattering filled his ears, and he waved eagerly at passersby.

"See?" he said to himself. "Easy peasy. I could never get lost, I'm just too good for that."
[312 / 500 words]
Last edited by casiopea on Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
casiopea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby riddlestyx » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:47 am

mark maybe omg
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Image Image Image
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

| no longer active here |
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
xImage
riddlestyx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lathiat » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:48 am

Username: lathiat
Name: Alfonz

10 word personality:

Seemingly tough and cruel, actually a protective big brother type.
    What do they do at the crack of dawn?

Crack!

The sound of his joints popping brought Alfonz deep satisfaction. Wiping his tongue across his split lip, he gathered the blood that collected there before spitting it out. "Never, ever, cross me or my family again. Got it?" He growled out to the kalon crumpled on the ground before him. When they didn't give Alfonz any response, he lashed out by punching the brick wall beside him. "You got it?!" He shouted.

The kalon whimpered at the act of aggression, but continued to glare at Alfonz in defiance. "Yeah, got it," They spat out.

Alfonz narrowed his glare on them, trying to determine if they really meant it. After a moment, he seemed satisfied by the look in their eyes and moves to turn away from the other. "Good," He gruffed out, his voice rough from yelling. "Tell that to your buddies too."

Walking out of the alleyway, the redhead noticed the beginnings of dawn spilling from the horizon. "Huh," He muses outloud. Alfonz hadn't realized so much time passed. Truthfully, it was something he should expect by now. It seems these days were spent with him fighting for his family's safety.

His family wasn't of blood. How they came to be one wasn't much of a story to him. Alfonz was an orphan that grew up in poor, mafia-ridden city. The orphanage was it's own personal hell, but the orphans were able to find a way through it together. That's his old family, though. A few left the city the moment they could. Others joined the mafia. Alfonz stayed. As new kids entered the orphanage, the redheaded kalon couldn't find it within himself to part from them. Someone needed to protect them from the cruelties of the world.

But it seems the mafia has directed it's eyes on the kids in the orphanage. The past couple of months have been filled with attacks and attempted kidnappings. Alfonz was really starting to struggle with keeping his family safe. It became almost ritualistic; patrolling the orphanage grounds throughout the night and fighting as dawn arrives. It was taking a toll on him, and the kids were starting to notice.

"'Fonz! Where have you been?!" One of the older orphans called out to him as he entered the run-down building.

"Out," He replies lamely. "What are you doing up? It ain't even 7AM."

"Everybody's been worried 'bout you, 'Fonz,"
      The redheaded male felt a slight twinge of guilt as he hears that, "We can't get no rest."

Alfonz let out a sad sigh, "Sorry, kid. You know I gotta do this. It's to protect you."

"But if you let yourself burn out, then who'd we have?"

His shoulders drooped and his expression softens, "Yeah, you're right, kid." The adrenaline suddenly drains from him, and he becomes overtly aware of how tired he is. "How's Luc?"

"He's strugglin', but the Doc' said he'll heal fine. Just scared they're gonna get him again."

"Tell him not to worry. Big Bro's got you."

[499/500]
Last edited by lathiat on Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:37 am, edited 9 times in total.

.Even...when...we’ve...turned...into...ghosts;
...even.when.we’ve..returned..to..nothingness,
...I still hope I could keep on smiling with..you,
...Because.......nobody........makes........sense.

───────────────

.................................................................................................................
.................................................................................................................
LIOTTVIRGOISFP18+
hi im liott i am very tired and i need new friends
lathiat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby saturnus » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:48 am

👀 big mark
saturnus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Karmel » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:49 am

Username: Karmel

Name: Theron

10 word personality: Always staring down death, but loving every minute of it.

What do they do at the crack of dawn? [500/500]

The small cottage was nestled deep in the woodlands, far from signs of life as if hiding itself. Inside, the floors were dusty and littered with carelessly discarded items, casting shadows across the wood as early sunlight filtered in. Two figures occupied the small space of a bed. The first one, dainty in their physique, was on their stomach hugging a pillow close to their head in hopes of willing the morning away. Long dark hair fell down a rounded face, and sleepy eyes gazed over at the second figure sitting upright at the edge of the mattress.

“Are you leaving?”

The other man was more muscular than his counterpart, with striking red hair laying disheveled atop his head. Short prickles dotted his strong jaw forming the beginnings of a beard. He went to work lacing up leather boots trying to fight off the itch of sleep.

The redhead, Theron, threw a charming grin over his shoulder. “I have to, people depend on me.”

He tucked an undershirt into tattered breeches before standing. Suddenly, a hand shot out to grasp his wrist. Theron glanced down at the captured appendage before meeting pleading blue eyes.

“Please,” the man said breathlessly, “You get hurt every time. What if… this time you don’t come back?”

The grip tightened, not painfully, but Theron could feel a sense of desperation in the hold. His heart broke at the gesture. He took the hand in his own and pulled the other man closer until their foreheads met. Striking yellow eyes softened in comfort and a genuine smile played on his lips.

“I will always come back to you.”

With a soft kiss to the temple, Theron left and grabbed his sword from the chair. He fastened it to his belt and threw on a brown cloak before opening the door. Every morning it pained him to leave. But this job was important.

Kilcadias are massive beasts that hunt in packs with thick armored hides. They pose a threat to smaller villages as their bloodlust drives them to attack prey on sight. Not many dare to go up against them as facing one head on is like looking death in the eyes. Yet Theron’s been doing it his whole life. Contracted as a hunter, he risks his life when the packs are on the move to track them down. Whether it’s luring the monsters away or slaying them, he’s earned more than a few scars and close calls.

“I thought you’d never leave that house,” came a snarky voice to the side.

Propped up against a tree was Jorah looking irritated but amused. His arms were crossed and an eyebrow was raised in question. The new arrival was shorter and younger, wearing two twin blades sheathed on each hip and a bowstring around his chest. A fellow hunter.

Theron looked meaningfully back at the door, “I almost didn’t.” Shrugging off the last bits of hesitation, he slapped Jorah on the arm and smiled broadly. “Let’s go hunting.”
Last edited by Karmel on Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Karmel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

- ̗̀ asexual pirates are not interested in your booty ̖́-

Postby angelshy » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:50 am

username:
    angelshy

name:
    boniface "ace" weaver
    name means good fortune and unity
    known as the ace of spades across the seas

10 word personality:
    ❝ I'm a pirate for the adventure, not for the booty !

( max 500 words )

screm ss
Last edited by angelshy on Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:03 pm, edited 10 times in total.
- ̗̀ xangel/shy | she/they | my kalons | my charactersx ̖́-
angelshy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iuno. » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:51 am

Username: iuno.
    Name:
    10 word personality:
    What do they do at the crack of dawn? (500 words MAX.)

thief?
iuno.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Unleashed Squiid » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:55 am

Mark
Squid || She/Her || ENFP || Kals
Image hello I am tiny and you can’t read me! :) Imagehello I am font and you can’t read me! :) Image
Unleashed Squiid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kyar » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:57 am

Username: Kyar

Name: Lazarus Mordelian

10 word personality:
    Charming - Verbose
    Defiant - Underhanded
    Manipulative - Egotistic
    Unpredictable - Righteous
    Playful - Dangerous

He woke to the prick of a needle, as he did each morning.

your blood glucose reading is
    82 mg/dl

flashed in red letters above his bed.

Not unusual.

He drew back the covers, his feet hitting the floor panels as his morning routine synced. The temperature of the room shifted. The shower started just down the hall. A soft whistle rose for an instant as the tea kettle sputtered to life. He stretched, yawned, and stepped off the scale.

your current weight is
    156 lbs

Disappointing.

The lights were kept at a comfortable brightness, and as he stepped into the bathroom to shower, a vicious blast of music, not unexpected nor unfamiliar, blared from the surround-sound speakers that filled the soundproofed apartment. Thundering bass shook his eyes in their sockets, and he staggered into the perfectly controlled warm water flow.

The shower screen lit up with a rerun of the broadcast from yesterday. Lazarus watched emotionless. His own face, bright and smiling as he dictated the day's news to the public.

Sit up straighter today. Leaning looks tacky.

"Now let's turn our attention over to the press release," he heard himself saying. Screeching dubstep roared over the water, his voice, his face.

"That's right, yesterday Progress Labs announced their first official release of a new kind of experiment, something we should be expecting to see first thing tomorrow morning."

As his cohost spoke, his eyes never once left his own face.

Do I look like I care? I ought, I suppose.

"The lead scientist of the project," his own voice returned, "Dr. Ebon Avrich, will be bringing in this specimen for an exclusive interview tomorrow, with yours truly."

He reflected the prideful smile the TV screen flashed back.

"They're calling it Rebexi, and it's the first of its kind. A creature created exclusively for biological experimentation that is now going to be tested in a real-world scenario," his cohost droned.

"Now, we've had plenty of reassurance from the lab that none of the biowarfare experiments performed on this subject will be transmittable to the public. In fact, Rebexi is designed to resist all forms of bio weapons, and…"

The shower shut off as he stepped out, air dryers blasting from all sides. He strolled out to the suit that had already aligned itself outside his closet.

He considered it skeptically.

"Samille, I need an interview suit," he ordered, and the robotic voice answered obediently as always.

"How about this one, Mr. Mordelian?"

"Yes, that will do."

He dressed promptly, shaking out his sleeves and hair, giving the mirror a gleeful grin of satisfaction.

"Eyes on the prize, Lazarus," he winked.

His hand filled with a pill bottle. He quickly slipped them down.

*** --- NUTRIENT X --- GUARANTEED NUTRITION WITHOUT WEIGHT GAIN --- *** NEVER LEAVE HOME WITHOU

"Samille, the car," he ordered.

"Of course, Mr. Mordelian. What would you like to drive today?"

"Something flashy."

"Will the yellow Maserati do, Mr. Mordelian?"

"That will do, Samille."

498/500 words
Last edited by Kyar on Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Have a good day y'all.
Please contact me here or on TH - I will no longer be using Discord!
Kyar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cheeb » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:57 am

username;
      xxxxxcheeb