Re: Kalon #1345 -- Stressed Out

Postby Meridiem » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:00 pm

𝓤𝓼𝓮𝓻𝓷𝓪𝓶𝓮: 𝑀𝑒𝓇𝒾𝒹𝒾𝑒𝓂

𝓚𝓪𝓵𝓸𝓷 𝓝𝓪𝓶𝓮: 𝒩𝑜𝓉𝒶

𝓗𝓸𝔀 𝓗𝓮 𝓓𝓮𝓪𝓵𝓼 𝓦𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓐𝓷𝔁𝓲𝓮𝓽𝔂: 𝒲𝒽𝑒𝓃 𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒶𝓃𝓍𝒾𝑒𝓉𝓎 𝒾𝓈 𝒶𝓉 𝒾𝓉𝓈 𝓌𝑜𝓇𝓈𝑒, 𝒩𝑜𝓉𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝓈𝓉𝑒𝓃𝓈 𝓉𝑜 𝓂𝓊𝓈𝒾𝒸. 𝒩𝑜𝓉 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝒶𝓃𝓎 𝓀𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝑜𝒻 𝓂𝓊𝓈𝒾𝒸 𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽. 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝓎𝓅𝑒 𝑜𝒻 𝓂𝓊𝓈𝒾𝒸 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝓌𝓇𝒶𝓅𝓈 𝒶𝓇𝑜𝓊𝓃𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒽𝑒𝒶𝓇𝓉 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒽𝓊𝑔𝓈 𝒾𝓉. 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝓎𝓅𝑒 𝑜𝒻 𝓂𝓊𝓈𝒾𝒸 𝓉𝑜 𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝓈𝓉𝓊𝒸𝓀 𝒾𝓃 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒽𝑒𝒶𝒹 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒹𝑜𝑒𝓈𝓃'𝓉 𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝒶 𝓁𝑜𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒. 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝓎𝓅𝑒 𝑜𝒻 𝓂𝓊𝓈𝒾𝒸 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝓈𝑒𝑒 𝒹𝒶𝓃𝒸𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶𝓇𝑜𝓊𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓇𝑜𝑜𝓂. 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝓀𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝑜𝒻 𝓂𝓊𝓈𝒾𝒸 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝒾𝓈𝑜𝓁𝒶𝓉𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓌𝑜𝓇𝓁𝒹 𝒶𝓇𝑜𝓊𝓃𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊. 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝓀𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝑜𝒻 𝓂𝓊𝓈𝒾𝒸 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝓇𝑒𝓁𝒾𝑒𝓋𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝑜𝒻 𝓌𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒹𝑜𝓃'𝓉 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝓉𝑜 𝒽𝑒𝒶𝓇. 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝓀𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝑜𝒻 𝓂𝓊𝓈𝒾𝒸 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝓇𝑒𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓈𝑒 𝒶𝓁𝓁 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓅𝓇𝑜𝒷𝓁𝑒𝓂𝓈 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓈𝓉𝓇𝓊𝑔𝑔𝓁𝑒𝓈 𝓉𝑜. 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝓀𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝑜𝒻 𝓂𝓊𝓈𝒾𝒸 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝓌𝓇𝒶𝓅𝓈 𝒶𝓇𝑜𝓊𝓃𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝒶 𝓇𝒾𝒷𝒷𝑜𝓃. 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝓀𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝑜𝒻 𝓂𝓊𝓈𝒾𝒸 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒽𝓊𝑔𝓈 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝒶 𝒷𝓁𝒶𝓃𝓀𝑒𝓉. 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝓀𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝑜𝒻 𝓂𝓊𝓈𝒾𝒸 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓎 𝒷𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓉𝒽𝑒. 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝓂𝓊𝓈𝒾𝒸 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓎 𝒸𝒶𝓁𝓂𝓈 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓃. 𝒯𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝓀𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝑜𝒻 𝓂𝓊𝓈𝒾𝒸.

Last edited by Meridiem on Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
------------------------------------------
Meridiem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby faunsie » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:15 pm

username:
kalon name:
how they deal with anxiety [500 word limit]:
art extra [optional]:
feel free to call me aero or aeth!! || they/them
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Working full time! Sorry for any long wait times. Feel free to
message me with any questions! My discord is 'faunsie'.
faunsie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Islandclan » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:17 pm

username: IslandClan
kalon name:
art extra [optional]:

res!!!
Islandclan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby idyll » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:18 pm

quick mark, may just be watching ^^
𝓼𝓳ó𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓷 𝓰𝓮𝓷𝓰𝓾𝓻 á 𝓵𝓪𝓷𝓭, 𝓼𝓴𝓻𝓲𝓯𝓪 í 𝓼𝓿𝓪𝓻𝓽𝓪𝓷 𝓼𝓪𝓷𝓭

┌────────────┐
My name is Dan,
and I'm a sleepy artist
with a house full of cats.

└────────────┘

𝓵𝓳óð𝓲𝓷 þí𝓷 𝓸𝓰 𝓵𝓮𝔂𝓷𝓭𝓪𝓻𝓶á𝓵𝓲𝓷 𝓶í𝓷
idyll

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .paris. » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:21 pm

.paris.
(small side note; anywhere in this form it says "i," it means it is me talking. as a chronic sufferer of anxiety myself, and currently enrolled in DBT therapy, I decided to use my form to spread awareness and promote healthy coping mechanisms as much as i could. if anyone would like more information about anything listed in this form, feel free to contact me! i would be happy to share as much knowledge as i can.

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

male | mid-twenties | homosexual

zain has been a chronic sufferer of anxiety since he was 8 years old. when he was 15, his anxiety hit its height, and he couldn't function in day-to-day life without frequent panic attacks. at their wit's end, zain's parents enrolled him in therapy, where he learned skills to cope with his anxiety, depression, and issues in interacting with others. the skill below is one he frequently uses during particularly emotional or stressful panic attacks.

Taken from the therapy practice of DBT, or Dialectical Behavior Therapy, the TIPP method is a real skill I have learned in therapy to cope when going through extreme stress. If you feel an anxiety attack coming on, TIPP skills can be useful to combat those extreme emotions before a bad impulse is acted upon. Zain uses these to cope with his panic attacks!

P:
Paired Muscle Relaxation

Go through each
major muscle group,
and tense that muscle
for 5 seconds while
breathing in. Then,
upon breathing out,
relax the muscle while
thinking "relax" to
yourself. The more
time you have, the
more specific muscle
groups you can go
through.
T:
Temperature Change

Take cold water (no
cooler than 50
degrees Fahrenheit,
and dunk your face
in it for about 30
seconds. Come up
for air if you must.
This dunking triggers
the Dive Reflex
in humans, which calms
your body and stops
blood from rushing
through your veins
and sends it only to
essential organs.
When I tried it, my
heart rate went from
120 to 75!

P:
Paced Breathing

Relax yourself by
taking timed breaths.
For example, 4
seconds in, and 8
seconds out. Breathe
out slower than
you breathe in.
I:
Intense Exercise

Rapid cardio or
brief intense
exercise leads
to increased
oxygen levels
in the blood,
and decreased
stress. It also
can cause
a release of
endorphins,
neurotransmitters
associated with
happiness and
stress relief.

i am not a doctor, nor do i claim to be. consult a healthcare professional before trying these skills; however, as a disclaimer, these are real skills i have learned in therapy to deal with extreme emotions and anxiety. for more information on DBT and the TIPP skill specifically, go here. as a small extra, here is one of my favorite soothing gifs, which helps me to just watch if i'm ever feeling anxious: calming cat!

Last edited by .paris. on Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxsig art by bloodiath! <3

i'm not a person, i'm a chicken who escaped the slaughterhouse and stole a wig from party city and is just trying to get by

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
flameclan
my kals

.paris.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fwutter » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:22 pm

Username: Fwutter Name: Marki Nyugen

┌───────────────────────────────────┐

anx·i·e·ty
aNGˈzīədē/Submit
noun
a feeling of worry, nervousness, or unease, typically about an imminent event or something with an uncertain outcome.
"he felt a surge of anxiety"
---
"Hello. I'm Marki Nyugen, and I suffer from Anxiety and some symptoms of depression. This includes massive moodswings,
crying constantly, insomnia, and so much more. I have so many things that cause these things
and I refuse to state them. I can't state them only because I know every reaction I will get
from the person I will tell it to. It sucks, I just wish all of my problems were solved. And man I wish
I could just tell somebody about what I go through mentally everyday."
Marki Nyugen
---
"The way I deal with anxiety is going to school. Yes. Believe it or not. I go there and I love to be
greeted by all the support I have there. From both teachers and friends. No I don't tell them
what's going on with me at home or mentally, but they always seem to make me laugh and smile
and I don't do that a lot at home, my brain would actually tell me to stop if I get too happy or
excited about something that I'm doing. Somedays when I go to school sad I get cheered up by everyone
around me. Somedays, the words of my friends doen't stop me from letting all my sadness out from my eyes. But
I just want to say a huge thanks to all the people that bring up a very rare emotion upon my face when
entering a supposedly-stressful area. Thank you! I really wish I had something like this at home, or other
places I go to. And might I say, summer break is coming too soon, and sooner or later, I won't have a happy place.
So I will enjoy it while it last."

Marki Nyugen. 2.2.2018

└───────────────────────────────────┘
Last edited by Fwutter on Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:01 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Fwutter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rottenyeen » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:29 pm

username: squiddysmoothie
kalon name: Benny or Billow
how they deal with anxiety [500 word limit]: B deals with anxiety with his best friend, his Axolotl Globs. Globs understands him, even though B is a very complex Kalon. He trusts Globs <3
art extra [optional]: depends if i'm bored on the weekend lol

tysm
╒ ═══════════ ╕

➵ any pronouns
kestrel & gucci 🌉 🌿
➵ i <3 my pit bull
➵ ☯⛧

toyhou.se | instagram
art shop | longnecks | ©
───────────

└────────────┘

rottenyeen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gadgetrocks » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:51 pm

username:Gadgetrocks
kalon name: Karu
Karu is always stressed about anything. Oh no! I have to go to school tomorrow! Oh no! What if I bforget my homework? He deals with this, not in a normal way through, he swims. Probably the only time you'll seen a genuine smile on his silly face is when he swims, it doesn't matter where, the ocean, the sea, a public pool, a lake, a river, a plastic backyard pool as long as he's swimming he has bliss. He's a amazing swimmer and astounds his friends with how long he can breathe under water.
Ahhhhhh!!!!! I love this Kal so much!!!!!!
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐

Gadget/Tic Tac - he/they/she - adult

Just a little guy!! Very very into my OCs rn
Not super active

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐
coding art credit
link My Toyhouse
My DeviantArt

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Gadgetrocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gristle » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:02 pm

username:
gristle
kalon name:
Hester
how they deal with anxiety:
Flickering along with her heartbeat, dripping, melting like she felt from her forehead. Eyes obscured by hair, she brushed the white mop aside, red and bright against the darkness such as what she admired as a masterpiece. Stung by bellowing smoke, they grew redder, filling her lungs as it did the room, spilling from her nostrils as it did the windows. Like a masterpiece, each a flame a stroke of paint, hung upon the whitewashed wall of a gallery, clean as a contrast to the rotten wood revealed under floral wallpaper peeling which was the backdrop of her artwork. But more beautiful, she thought, never one for such fine things, but nothing was more so than this. A grin, wide and no less wild than the now growing destruction spread across her muzzle. Floorboards creaked under her step as it now lapped at her feet, and she fled out the door.
High-pitched and whirring was a sound in the distance, flickering lights over the houses red like those expanding into the night above. Savouring them for the last time, the structure wilting beneath it's strength. Against the road her shoes beat the concrete in time of her heart against her chest, pounding now, anxiety once again rearing its ugly head, like the ugly little heads she felt peering from the glass surrounding her. 'See you again tomorrow my love' came the whisper, and the smile returned. Jumping the fence, trample the garden, and she obscured herself in dim moonlight.

art extra:
Last edited by Gristle on Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:29 am, edited 5 times in total.

X
Pet's name: Fruits Of Our Pain
Flightrising | ME page.. hello
Icon credit

x
x
x
x

Gristle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NaCl » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:03 pm

username:
NaCl
kalon name:
Lucid "Luci"
Lucid has always enjoyed the forest, often going into the forest near her home and sitting by the lake and just listening, escaping anything that makes her anxious. Eventually Lucid brought a camera to the lake, taking a picture of it calling “My Paradise”

Lucid eventually started writing a story where her main character escapes to a place called “Her Paradise” directly relating to her first picture of the lake she often escapes to write her story, Lucid though keeps the story to herself until of course, she has the desire to finish it since she only ever writes it at the lake.

This is Lucid’s favourite part of her story:

Lucas paused and looked back, there was no door, he had come through a door he was sure of that. Upon turning around he was met with an absolutely beautiful utopian city on the horizon when he got closer to the city he read the name of it out loud. “Her Paradise?” he muttered and looked up upon being greeted by someone he could only describe as a robot. “Greetings, do you wish to join Her Paradise?” the robot asked in a soft yet masculine voice. “Uh, I guess? I have nowhere else to go. Who are you anyway?” Lucas asked. “I am 0U-M4, but Ouma is fine. I was made to greet anyone who wishes to join Her Paradise” The robot, Ouma, explained and Lucas looked up at the seemingly glowing city. “Who might you be?” Ouma asked which caught Lucas’ attention. “O-oh! Sorry, I’m Lucas but usually, people call me Luke” He explained, earning a nod from the robot. “Welcome to her Paradise, Lucas”

art extra [optional]:
[edited in the sketch]

Note, 0U-M4/Ouma is a direct reference to Danganronpa V3's Kokichi Ouma mixed with Kiibo/K1-B0's robotic elements
Last edited by NaCl on Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Storkies
Storkverse Storage
My Wermz My Snoods

my name is Winter
My pronouns are She/They/Snow
I am currently a staff member for Storkies
feel free to contact me here or on discord with any questions
NaCl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery