My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: DAM: Apricot Snowcap

Postby Midnight Tails » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:37 pm

Username: Midnight Tails
Name: Tohounakwaihyoka which is a combination of Tohopka (Hopi for "wild beast"), Una (Hopi for "remember"), Cha’Kwaina (Hopi for "one who cries") and Ahyoka (Cherokee for "she brought happiness") with the intent of the whole name meaning "wild beast, one who cries, remember she brought happiness" however is commonly shortened to Tohounai (wild cries?).
Naming Tradition: The Hopi tribe has a naming tradition where the baby is named many names by family, and then one is chosen as their first name. Their names can change later on if they have a significant event in their life. As Tohounai was raised, from a young colt, in a Hopi village, he has adopted this part of their culture and had several name changes. At birth his name was Nikajika (my friend walks without sound) which is a combination of Kajika (“walks without sound”) and Nikan (Potawatomi for “my friend”) which was his name before he was adopted into the village he was raised in. Does not live there now, but frequently visits especially when there will be spiritual dances and festivities.
His current/main name is his third name.
Rain Spirit: Many in the village believe he is a representation/a blessing of one of their kachinas (spirit being) due to rain often coming soon after one of his visits to the village, the particular kachina being Eototo, who is the personification of nature and calls clouds to provide rain for crops. Not wanting to fail them, this has led to him to watch the weather and come only when he knows rain will fall soon after.

Bleh wanted to add art but ran out of time ;-;
Will gift art to winner!
Midnight Tails

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wind Song » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:51 pm

now closed for judging <3

hello !
call me windy ~

D A M s

''and then i felt
chills in my bones ''
Wind Song

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wind Song » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:05 am

Sorry for the wait guys, it's been a busy week!
    Anyways, thanks to those who entered, there were some magnificent name choices here ;')

Aand the winner is...
    Midnight Tails!
    Congratulations, I absolutely loved the idea of having many names, and the 'bringer of rain' idea was so lovely. I think the name Tohounai really suits him too, and I'm excited to see how you develop this boy <3

And here's some honourable mentions because I loooved the name choices;
    Kagome963
    Anza
    Iaredo

Well done all!

hello !
call me windy ~

D A M s

''and then i felt
chills in my bones ''
Wind Song

My pets