Re: #2085 Khimaira Friesians - Adopt

Postby SevereHercules » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:42 am

Show Name: Follow in my footsteps
Barn Name: Ozzi
Halter Color: purple
Pearl Color: teal
What did you think when you first saw him? an australian shepard
How does he deal with his blindness? his steps are rather careful. He usually walks slowly and with his head close to the ground. This helps him rely on his other senses.
Little story about blindness: (200 word maximum)

Wip
SevereHercules

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby certified » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:07 pm

Show Name:
Oregon Sunset
Barn Name:
Alcyon
Halter Color:
Eye color
Pearl Color:
gold
What did you think when you first saw him?
He's perfect! I've been looking for the ideal mate to go with Mr. Scissorhooves. Thatthey would be the perfect loves story and ugh. I love his coloring. He's absolutely stunning.
How does he deal with his blindness?
Alcyon depends on Mr. Scissorhooves to help him around. He's not bummed about it, because he feels it gives him a way to look at life differently. He sees it as a way to experience the world differently from others, and he's okay with that.
Little story about blindness:
Alcyon was not like others.
He couldn't see through his eyes, like most others, but he was able to see the world through touch, and smell, and taste. And of course, his other half. Edward (Mr.Scissorhooves) showed up and the most unexpected time but it was perfect timing. It seemed that Edward showed up when Alcyon most needed him.
Alcyon had been sitting on a clay bank, listening to the sound of a river passing by through the land when Edward had appeared and sparked up a conversation. Edward accepted Alcyon easily and that's how they started.
(147/200)
Edward & Alcyons Theme Song:
"Never Forget You" by Zara Larsson
certified

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jaques » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:34 am

Show Name: The Overseer
    Barn Name:  Gabriel
    Halter Color: grey
    Pearl Color: red
    Little story about blindness: (200 word maximum)

Wip
adult - artist - system (d.i.d.) - they/them

ivy \ jinx \ kai \ irene \ jackdaw \ jelly

jaques

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby |Angel| » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:10 pm

Show Name: Somewhere Only We Know
Barn Name: Athóos [Innocent in Greek]
Halter Color: Color of Flower
Pearl Color: Diamond

What did you think when you first saw him? Of course the very first actual thought was how gorgeous he was, and how I definitely wanted to try for him. But why I thought this is more than just because he is gorgeous, but the feelings that come with him. He has a very peaceful feeling, That of innocence, purity, and love. Not a relationship love but more of a love of a mother and child. The imagine that comes into my mind when I look at him is a peaceful sleeping baby in the soft light of the sun.

How does he deal with his blindness? Athóos has learned to navigate the world by touch, Most go by sound but he was never quite able to successfully know what things are by their sounds, besides voices. While he can feel along his entire body he actually prefers to feel things with the soft part of his nose. Athóos has found it is the easiest to feel shapes, textures and temperatures with the soft of his nose and the whiskers on it. Over time he has also come to pay more attention to the sense of smell with this method but he still prefers the touch. Of course he can't feel the ground with his nose all the time so he actually will run into and trip over quite a lot of low laying items, in which he always immediately starts pushing around with his nose to make out what item just jumped in his path and assaulted him. Many feel bad for Athóos but since he hasn't had sight for his entire life, he doesn't see things much differently. It doesn't often come to mind that the rest of the world can see and he can't, when someone tells what they see, he thinks of the texture on his little pink nose.

Story About his Blindness

It was a sunny day, Athóos could feel the warm morning sun over his coat while he grazed cool grass covered in the morning dew. This was his favorite time to graze, like any other Friesian, and many of the younger that filled the pasture were curious about the new arrival. They talked quietly among themselves for a while debating and sharing their different opinions about the Blind Stallion and how he managed until Sun, decided to approach him.

"Are you Blind? How do you get around? How do you know what you are Eating?" The little thing spoke with confidence.

Athóos pinned his ears back at the voice, lifting his head to nudge the colt in various places of his reach while he responded in the most confusion. The colt staring forward in a slightly odd way at the young Stallion before of him.

"What is Blind? Why would I not know what I am Eating? I can feel and smell it, can't you?"

"You must know you can't see? How do you.. feel you your food?" Sun responded, finding himself extremely curious by the response.

"You feel it with your nose, Why haven't you learned to feel your food yet?" Athóos had his head up at a whistle is the distance, completely listening over the fact Blind meant not seeing, as he didn't understand and figured the youngin was still young enough to talk Gibberish. "Try to work on it with breakfast, we are being called in." Athóos added before trotting away. Leaving Sun Just as Dumbfounded as before yet slightly questioning his Own sense of things.

It's a bit over 200, I tried to crunch I hope it's ok ;;
Last edited by |Angel| on Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:32 pm, edited 6 times in total.

╔══════════════════════════════╗
DeviantArt|Toyhou.se|CS Species|
╚══════════════════════════════╝

╔═════════════════════════╗
fly, fly away. like a bird in the sky

see the world on my behalf
to the heavens my you fly.

╚═════════════════════════╝

|Angel|

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Copper96 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:58 pm

Show Name: Rembrandt Van Rijn
Barn Name: Remi
Halter Color: pearl or off white
Pearl Color: pinkish like his flower or this font color

I thought of a Gentle soul, perhaps its his soft white marking or the little flower adorning his mane. Even his piercing yet unseeing eyes, are hard to resist and with such a back story, he has too much character to pass by. I don't apply for many khims but both his wonderful coat color and design drew me in, you did a wonderful job, you can feel the emotion you put into him. Then on top of that, I read the description you put about the tough decision to put him up for adoption and I related so strongly that I had to try and make him an addition to my small herd.

He's come to terms with it I'd say, isn't bothered that he has an impairment and manages life without seeing. On his own he may be cautious and slow moving but one can never be too cautious, blind or not. Besides he can run with some good guidance from a trusted friend, be it fellow Khims at the stable or his rider. The only thing he really feels he is missing out on is colors, they're hard to grasp when you could never see, luckily his friend Ove takes time to give the best descriptions of color and the world around he can and perhaps that's why Remi isn't bothered by his blindness. While he may be saddened by the fact he can't see he finds enjoyment in many other aspects of life.

Little story about blindness:
Remi was born blind, undiagnosed by vets, but development can go wrong in horses just like it can in humans after all. Being born blind though meant he didn't have to adapt in the same ways horses that went blind did. He has a keen sense of smell and touch, navigating his stall and surroundings from the learned scents.

Since Remi has always been blind, he has always experienced the world the same, only imaging what things like color and the world around him looks like. However beginning of life was tougher for him than other foals, or so his mom says. Being unable to see Remi had a hard time standing, he couldn't balance himself, finding equilibrium in a dark world at such a young age was one that left him tumbling. While he has obviously adapted and doesnt stumble at all Remi still chooses not to canter or gallop when Ove or his rides is not with to guide him. Growing up in the stable was fun, Ove was always there to play with and keep him company and his mom wore a bell so he could find her in the paddocks. (194/200 word maximum)

Favorite Color:
Pinks, Ove says that this color is girly but to Remi pink sounds like such a soft and warm color, like the feel of the sun on your skin (But Ove says thats yellow?) or the feeling you get in your face when you're embarrassed, is it blushing? It sounds like a color or love and feelings, compassion and kindness. Their is just something about it, so he is adamant about shades of pink being his favorite color, even if he can't see them.
Copper96

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Me?Sarcastic? » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:25 pm

Very extremely smol bump
Me?Sarcastic?

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NeriHyuga » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:30 pm

this needs to be judged ^^
The Herds of Thalija:
NeriHyuga

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby northy. » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:27 am

i didn't see a end date and really hope its okay for me to enter. will finish this in a few hours (after work) an actual angel, he looks similar to my heart horse (who was a skewbald mare)

Show Name: Ozymandias, King of Kings
Barn Name: Ozymandias
Halter Color: tan leather
Pearl Color: surprise me
What did you think when you first saw him? I though that he reminded me of a horse I knew and loved called [url==http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/download/file.php?id=212541]Indi[/url]. She was my heart horse but after spooking and injuring a rider she was so called 'dangerous' and was cooped up in a stall until someone bought her. She came back and was sold again and I hope to see her again one day and the dream is that she will be my horse, but its only a dream right now. Moving away from that tangent, I then fell in love with the delicate colour scheme and how beautiful he is
How does he deal with his blindness? Born blind he has known nothing else. He has learnt to follow the herd by also not be pushed around my his fellow herd mates. He has had many years of experience
Little story about blindness: WIP
trust the power beneath you
shani : 16 may 2006 - 30th august 2019
uk | equestrian | animal lover | empty the tanks | vegetarian | memes and aesthetics
northy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby paradise, » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:09 am

i'm so sorry for the wait ^^ ;

ah h you guys made this so tough, i loved a lot of the backgrounds but the winner of this boy is |Angel| .

special mentions to shanne & Copper96, i loved both of your forms as well. ♥
Imagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    nicole - she/her - baby artist
    hiya! i love all things horses &
    nature ;w; i am currently an
    artist for: range trotters, ferox
    ponies, + beaumont collies ♥
    . tentatively open
    for commissions/art swaps- just shoot me a
    message here or on discord! @paradise,#0479
    apricot acres - toyhou.se - ©
paradise,

My pets