Re: Viscet #1390 - Glowing Bee

Postby tiny little box » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:52 am

Alivia, the Bioluminescent gardener

What's my favorite flower, why choose one.
Heh,but my favorite little flower I grew up with.
The white lily was actually one of my first flowers I genetically altered when I first discovered I love science and flowers.
Science, oh science.
The many year's I spent getting lost in the Puente square's is actually kind of sad.
But my little lily's kept me plenty company through the many years of school.
The first lily actually manipulated successfully is still in my little garden, heh she's an old one but she's a wrinkled glowing beauty

How did My Life End Up Like This....
1000 word extra

The night was young,the breeze running softly through the bio dome.Godess three years ago he would have killed to be were he was at right now.He shook his head.shoveling the dirt for a new spot for his willow tree.He could already see it.The long little wispy branches glowing softly as the little nocternal animals snuggled up in the tree.He smiled a little bit at the reminder but quickly frowned,shoving the shovel deep into the earth.Of course he didnt get this dome for free,or any of the materials.

To be honest Alivia was scared of everything outside his bio dome.He was always been a nocturnal viscet,keeping into the shadows with his books and his gardening skills.He slowly planted the small sapling into the ground,patting the ground.Here inside was a beautiful sunny day but outside was night,cool fresh dark night.He laid down next to the tree,covering his face.The dome automatically dimming down to night.A little special touch done by cupid.
Cupid.Cupid and Candy.The two smug viscets now run his life.
Last edited by tiny little box on Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Can you 100% certainty prove that I actually exist?

Bi/dragon/pretty gay

Hmhmhmhmhmhm
hm
hm
hm
hm
tiny little box

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Parasitic Rat » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:59 am

----------------------------------------
Username
Wolfenhimer
Name
Στατική (Statikí)
Static in Greek

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Favorite Flower
Astrantia

Why?
Statik was traveling through a forest, looking around. With a sigh, she laid down next to a bush and stared over the lake that was nearby. She wasn't going to lie, this place was beautiful, but she would have to leave soon to not be found out by others, humans. She stood up and turned toward the bush, shocked. There were beautiful flowers blooming on it, and she didn't even know it. Statik looked closer at them, memorized by their beauty. They were white with pink fade in the petals, and the middle had small little white seeds. She stared at them for what seemed like hours, before someone came up behind her.

"Excuse me, I need some of those for my collection." They said. Statik turned to look at them, and stepped out of the way. It was a female viscet, a baby, who looked like a ragdoll cat. She gathered some flowers before locking them in a bag to preserve them, then looking at Statik.
"My name's Circe, by the way." She smiled.
"Statik." Statik replied, nodding to her. She noticed a small cat-like doll in Circe's basket before she turned it away and nodded.
"Nice to meet you, Statik. I see you took notice of these Astrantia?" Circe asked.
"Yes, I did. They are very pretty." Statik replied.
"Well, it's not every day you can see them around here."
"They do look like they aren't from here."
"They're not." Circe said with a shrug. "Well, I got to go, see you 'round, Statik~!" She chirped before running off. Statik nodded slightly before looking back at the flowers.

She walked, and walked, and walked for hours, her tail lighting up everything in her path from how it glowed. She looked and saw a child, who looked scared and worried. She walked over to the child and planted her feet to the ground, flowers blooming around them, the Astrantia.
"W-who are you?" The child asked, terrified.
"No worries, child. I'm here to get you home. Follow me, trust me, okay? No need to fear." Statik said, ducking slightly before turning and walking to the human's town, the trail of flowers following her. The child followed, making it to the town.
''Thank you!" The child said quietly before hugging her, then running off. Statik smiled before turning and looking at the flowers, sighing.

She ducked and nudged one of the flowers before standing and going back to her home. She always finds a way to do her job, no matter what it is, or what happens. And these flowers, they bring her happiness, power, hope. She found a connection with them the first time she saw them. It wasn't just their beauty, or the happiness they brought her, or the power, or the hope. It was that they could help her lead others to safety, and because it could help her bring happiness and hope to others, not just herself. This is why she loves these flowers.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Story
500 Words Max

~It's all just a figment of your imagination.~

"STATIK!" Yelled a voice of a young female, waking Statik up quickly. She jolted up and stared at Circe, startled.
"Sorry, I thought you were dead." Circe laughed softly. Statik shook her head and laid back down.
"Wake me up at night, Ci." Statik mumbled.
"Oh, come on, I know you're nocturnal and all, but please?" She whined.
"Why?"
"Because.. because I want to collect you with flowers!" She said, fumbling with her words.
"Collect me with flowers?" Statik asked, head tilted.
"I mean, collect flowers with you." Circe laughed nervously, while Statik shook her head with a chuckle.
"Fine, but I work better in the dark." She laughed, standing up and shaking off the dirt.
"It's almost dusk anyway." Circe said before going to the lake, Statik following close behind.

-

"What kind of flowers are we looking for exactly?" Statik asked Circe, who already had many flowers in her basket.
"Moonflower! I need it for medicine." Circe replied.
"Medicine?"
"Don't question me."
"Alright." Statik chuckled lightly as the sun disappeared from the sky, and darkness fell over the forest.
"There!" Circe said happily and ran to it. Suddenly, there was a snap, and Statik whipped around to the plains of the forest, seeing the light of a flashlight in the distance.

While Circe was distracted, Statik ran toward the couple that was nearby, and stopped at the edge. Flowers bloomed around her paws as she bent down, letting out a small noise to grab her attention, her tail lighting up the area around her.
"Who- What are you...?" One of the humans asked. Statik shook her head and turned, letting out another small noise, signalling them to follow.

As she walked, flowers bloomed in her footsteps, the couple following. She stopped at the edge of the town and looked around, light lighting up under them, not from the flashlight. They started off home, the light still under them.
"Watch out, you two, you might get mugged." Statik said to them. They turned around, but she was already gone.

-

"Where were you?" Circe asked.
"Somewhere... did you get the flowers?" She asked, keeping her secret.
"Well, yea, but-"
"So we can go home now?"
"Well... I guess." Circe replied. Statik nodded and started off home, Circe following.

As Statik made it to her little home, she sat down in the corned and watched Circe make medicine. A small plushie was dancing around her as she did so, saying chants time to time, and spells. Statik zoned out after a while, and fell asleep quietly.

Her eyes snapped open as she woke up, screaming at Circe, "Look out!"
"Wh-" Circe asked, but jumped up and landed flat on her back as a bear roared at her. Of course, they're in a cave, but it was quite surprising. Statik stood up and ran over, standing over Circe protectively, head lowered with a loud, deep snarl.

This was going to be quite a long day.
Last edited by Parasitic Rat on Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Parasitic Rat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sunniedew » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:46 am

Username: Trash Mammal
Name:
Favorite flower and why: Osteospermum (Daisybush)
Extras:

sunnie/snakies he/it
-average rudolph enjoyer
-probably playing apex legends
please do not send me messages
or trades unless prompted <3

(random PMs/trades give me an
anxiety spike if I'm not expecting
them, but if i've posted an
ad/messaged you first ofc it's fine)

✧ Oekaki Art Shop

✧ Range Trotters
Sunniedew

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

-

Postby Schnuffel Bunny » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:21 pm

-
Last edited by Schnuffel Bunny on Sun May 28, 2017 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Species Artist for:
ImageImage

My most favorite things:
ImageImage
ImageImage
Discord: Schnuffel Bunny#0531
Pokemon Unite User: Schnuffel

If you feel like chatting, don't feel shy to PM me!
      kalons - chicoons - zeus
      ▶ Adult - She/Her - August 1 🎉

Schnuffel Bunny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

T S U B A S A , 翼

Postby ✦ nemuri » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:05 pm

Username: .kaede Name: Tsubasa, 翼 Gender: Male
    Favorite flower and why:
      Tsubasa would never be able to forget the day when his girlfriend, now ex-girlfriend, had told him about the language of flowers. He had jokingly commented about how roses had suited her, and Willow had shot back on how there were many different types of roses, and yet none of them described her accurately. When Tsubasa had asked her what flower she would associate herself with, Willow had replied with hydrangeas.
      At first, Tsubasa couldn't really see the relation between Willow and hydrangeas. Sure, both of them were blue (as in the colour, if anything Willow would be more angry than sad), but the similarities ended there. Willow had slapped him playfully and told him all about the hydrangea blossom. It represented gratitude, heartlessness and vanity, and while Tsubasa wouldn't outright admit it, he had to agree that those traits described Willow very well. The flower had a nice shape as well, and from that moment it was clear to the male Viscet that Willow had liked hydrangeas a lot. On their first anniversary together when Tsubasa had gotten Willow a bouquet of hydrangeas, she had taken them with a terse look, telling him that he didn't need to feel gratitude about their relationship. A month prior to that incident, they had broke up.
      Although hydrangeas would always symbolize something that he could never have to Tsubasa, they still remain his favourite flower as he recalls the happy memories that he had lived alongside Willow. While no longer boyfriend and girlfriend, they still remained rather close. After reading up on some articles about the meaning of flowers, Tsubasa had then given Willow a bouquet of hydrangeas mixed with yellow roses, expressing his gratitude of knowing her as well as treasuring the remaining time they have left together as friends. Willow had taken that bouquet happily, and although the two had many chances to get back together, they didn't.
      A while later Willow had approached Tsubasa with five blue roses in her paws. She had placed them in his paws, saying how he needed to move on from her. Even if he didn't realize it, he was never over Willow, and the blue rose was a perfect embodiment of how he felt about Willow; he still loved her, even if he couldn't have her. He hated the fact that she made comparisons about him to such a depressing flower, so he had thrown away all of the blue roses and replaced them with hydrangeas. When Willow came by again, she commented about how the concept of hydrangeas could also apply to Tsubasa; he had too much gratitude to give out, and while he wasn't as heartless nor vain as Willow was, he was still pretty high on the scale.

Because of the experiences he had with hydrangeas, they will always remain as Tsubasa's favourite flower. They are tokens of the time he had spent with Willow, and besides, hydrangeas were beautiful to look at, with the perfectly rounded palely coloured blue and indigo petals that are some of the most photogenic things that Tsubasa has ever seen. Besides, they were a nice reminder of a snippet of Tsubasa's own personality, as well as Willow's. They also match Tsubasa's eye colour quite well.
      [ 541 words ]
    Personality:
      If you were to describe Tsubasa in only a few words, then you'd be better off choosing words such as 'easily excitable', 'energetic', and 'cheerful'. It is difficult to catch Tsubasa in a glum mood, and usually that would be because he wasn't able to capture the perfect photo of something or an argument with a close friend. He acts a lot like a child at heart, very trusting and unable to accept the fact when something doesn't go exactly the way that he had planned it to be. His mood swings are akin to those of a young Viscling's as well; they fluctuate a lot, are random and happen in short bursts. If you were to ask Willow to describe Tsubasa, then the word 'eccentric' would most likely pop up several times. He doesn't like doing things by the book (much like how some children would refuse to listen to their parents), and instead resorts to the creative methods bouncing around in his mind.
      In his teenage years, Tsubasa had been previously diagnosed with OCD. His mood swings are the scars of the years that he had lived with that illness, as well as his desire for perfection in his photos and the things that he does. During that time had had experienced more depressive periods than manic periods, so maybe that's why he tries to keep a positive smile on his face now that he's in college. Willow had been aware of his disorder, and had tried her best to help him cope with it. Having a close and trusted Viscet next to him had helped Tsubasa overcome his challenge, and even though he's no longer walking next to Willow, he had continued to make steady improvement to his state of mind.
      Although Tsubasa has recovered, he is still prone to those darker thoughts. However, one glance at his shining tail will remind him how far he's come from his teenage years, and that alone is enough to cheer him up again. One admirable trait about Tsubasa's childishness is the fact that he is able to overcome almost anything very quickly, and while some things may take longer than others, it will still be overcome in the end, just like his OCD. Besides, what sort of Viscet would he be if he didn't live up to the cheery reputation of the colour found in his coat? Tsubasa is almost always filled with giddy energy that's begging to be released, and his tail appears to shine brighter when around others. With his childlike sincerity, it is easy to get caught in Tsubasa's happiness, but once you do it feels as though someone had dumped a bucket of sunshine on you.
      As someone who considers himself a quote extraordinaire, one of his favourite quotes is "happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling". This applies to Tsubasa very well, and for this reason he strives to live each day with as much joy as possible.
      [ 500/500 words ]
    History:
      Even as a young Viscling, Tsubasa always felt that something wasn't right whenever he put half the effort that he was supposed to into something. Aside from the fact that there was a smaller chance of him achieving better grades that way, the half written sentences, sloppily explained formulas, and messy tempo of the drumming always threw him off. When he first set his paws on his camera and fiddled around with it, he discovered to his delight that through the camera lens, the world seemed more beautiful and perfect. Tsubasa always set time after school to take pictures of flowers, buildings, scenery, and other Viscets, it appeared as though he could simply forget about how "un-right" something had felt.
      However, when Tsubasa had accidentally taken a photo of a Viscet that had started to move just as the camera shutters closed, he was horrified to find that the image didn't seem as perfect anymore. The blurred mess wasn't something that he had expected to come out of his camera, and upset that he didn't manage to take the perfect photo, Tsubasa had stashed his camera away and returned to face his everyday life.
      After some time, it quickly became imminent that his realization about his camera had started to affect his schoolwork as well. More mistakes were made, and he realized that he was letting it affect him more than it should. More hours were spent after school reviewing notes and flipping through textbooks, but none of that really helped. Tsubasa had started to miss the comfort of the sun, but he couldn't afford to spend too much time daydreaming and doing anything else other than studying, as he knew his grades were surely going to pay for it.
      Soon, after collapsing in the middle of class due to stress and overworking and constantly correcting any tiny error he had made, Tsubasa awoke in the nurse's office. The nurse had told him to take some time to calm down, and to make a point they had gestured to a camera lying on their shelves, saying how they knew that Tsubasa had enjoyed photography. Jolting back to his sense, he remembered about the camera buried under the rubble in his room. When school ended and Tsubasa was released from the nurse's office, he went straight to his room and dug out his camera.
      The rest of the time for that day was spent fiddling around with his camera, and although Tsubasa realized that the pictures weren't going to be perfect every time, he still tried his best in ensuring that it is as high quality as possible. With the time now spent on his camera, his grades improved slowly as the stress was removed from his back. While his obsessive belief of perfection hasn't completely vanished, it was slowly taken care of by his daily routine of taking pictures to manage his stress, and when Willow came around she did as much as she could to help Tsubasa as well.
      [ 500/500 words ]
    Photography Lessons:
      [ ???/500 words ]
Last edited by ✦ nemuri on Sat May 06, 2017 3:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
✦ nemuri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rain, » Thu May 04, 2017 1:50 am

Username: .aries.
Name: Vee
Favorite flower and why: Vee's favorite flower is a daisy, since it is so sweet and simple, and it reminds her of her family, since they'd collect daisies for her.
Extras:

"She needs me. And I need her.
Its as simple as that."

🌧 kalons 🌧 my kalons 🌧 my pillowtails 🌧 pillowtails 🌧 work list 🌧
rain,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jolteon » Sat May 06, 2017 12:21 am

extending to May 10!
pretty much inactive here now </3
my discord's rhylie#9299 if you need to contact me!
jolteon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jolteon » Thu May 11, 2017 5:05 am

about 11 hours left!
jolteon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jolteon » Thu May 11, 2017 7:44 am

i got a request for one more extension, so the new end date is may 11th @ 12:00AM EST, so you guys have one more day! this will be the last extension!
jolteon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Corvuss » Sat May 13, 2017 4:19 am

Good luck everyone!
All of your art is amazing x3 and the reasons you chose your flowers were unique~ I can't wait to see how this is judged ^^

Sorry I'm a little confused- This did end yesterday? Or does it end today? Timezones are weird
Corvuss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me