Re: Kalon #802 - Open

Postby KrusnikAngel » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:34 pm

Username: KrusnikAngel
Name: Simon
What is his/her favorite flower and why: (max of 500 words)
Sunflowers.
Simon groggily opened his eyes to the blinding light of the noon sun beating down on him. Wearily dragging himself up out of the gravelly sand he looked slowly about as the memories started coming back. Waves larger than mountains, winds that tore wood apart with their fury, the screams of fellow sailors as they were stolen off the sides of an already keeling ship. Panic started flooding back in. Where was he? Did the others survive?
He stood up shakily and gazed in shattered silence at the wreckage surrounding him, both of the ship and of his friends.
Tears tracked through the dried salt and sand grains stuck to his face as he turned and trudged up the forsaken beach, unable to look any longer.
After finally reaching the top of the incline, he flopped over and closed his eyes, breathing heavily while trying to stifle the sobs that heaved up now and then despite himself. It was just supposed to be a quick run. Pick up the supplies and return to the mainland, clear weather all the way. The storm wasn't supposed to happen.... He pounded down into the ground harshly expecting to hit sand.. and was greeted with a shower of dirt hitting his face. Spitting out dirt bits and rubbing his eyes to clear them he looked up and saw with hazy vision, seeing a field of molten gold and a figure standing in the midst of it, calling. He rubbed his eyes once again and looked up only to be met with thousands upon thousands of sunflowers, shining in the sun. And that figure in the distance, it couldn't be...
And yet it called out for him... Simon raced closer, and as the figure became clearer he began to laugh with tears of happiness in his eyes as he realized he was not the only survivor, maybe there is hope after all.
Last edited by KrusnikAngel on Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
KrusnikAngel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sashiyaki » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:36 pm

name; alistair
nickname; ali
gender; male, he, him, no other pronouns

//Chocolate Cosmos//
unlike ali's soft colored pelt, chocolate cosmos have a very harsh and dark color. the beautiful red which has the same qualities as blood. the fragrance entices him with the aroma of chocolate and he often makes the flowers into a beautiful flower crown that he wears all the time, making one each day to refresh the flowers. when he makes a new flower crown, he'll often crush up the old one with red raspberries to make red paint with a lovely smell of raspberries and chocolate. this is so that he can decorate his room and paint on his walls or sometimes even paint on himself. also, if his breath smells like chocolate.. it's because he likes to eat chocolate cosmos as a breath freshener.. hehe.
x
alistair holds the occupation of flower collecting and studying. in his new owners household, he owns a small room where he plants and keeps the flowers he finds. his flowers are kept in perfect conditions and he loves the scent of the flowers when he walks into the small gardening area, but the smell of chocolate entices him the most. he also collects the flowers along with roses and gives them to his crush secretly. he leaves them at her doorstep with a ribbon and a tag with messy writing. she seems to enjoy the flowers and is curious to who leaves them, but she does have a slight idea.
x
the main reason that alistair likes chocolate cosmos though is due to when he was very young, he was always sick, and still does get sick. his mother would always make him hot chocolate while gathering flowers and herbs. she would return to him, check his temperature, feed him medicine, and smile as she refreshed the flowers in the vase next to him. the flowers giving a sweet aroma of chocolate that he loved so much. he would always smile at her, his sick and tired eyes hidden behind his hair. but soon after his health had returned.. he was having issues. behavioral issues. his mother always told him that it was just puberty and him growing up. but he knew she was lying.
x
a few years later, his mother had grown older and weaker and she was ill. so he promised to keep good care of her, everyday running outside and collecting herbs and chocolate cosmos. the flowers didn't light up his mothers face as much as alistair did though. his sweet smile warming her heart until the end, passing away with the sweet smell of chocolate and alistair's desperate sobs to keep her from leaving him.
x
after his mother died, his bipolar disorder increased activity. it sometimes lasted for hours and the only way he'd wake up would be from the smell of chocolate cosmos or to wait. luckily he found a way to rid the "evil" side of him by wearing a flower crown and petals in his fur made by chocolate cosmos.

497/500 <3

extra;;

extreme bipolar issues;
ali has bipolar issues. this causes his mind to be.. a little messed up. it often happens at random times and causes his mood to change dramatically. he could be shy one moment and mad the next. he never knows when it happens though.. so it often ends up hitting him and causing him to just grow violent.

the good side;
he is an introvert and reclusive but he's also the sweetest little boy you could ever talk to, at least when he's on his good side. he never has a smile on his face until he's comfortable being around you. his hair covers his beautiful eyes that often captivate anyone that sees them. loves to help others.

the bad side;
the bide side of ali is the side that creates poison with flowers. he sells the poison to others in exchange for certain items, such as gardening materials. but while he is in this state, he cannot tell what he is doing and doesn't remember when he returns back. but he does wonder sometimes why he ends up in odd places.

secrets;
he keeps this secret from his dearest and vows never to let her see this side of him. he fears it would make her run away and find him weird and disgusting.

occupation and hobbies;
he is a florist and collects flowers in the flower fields and forest near his home. sometimes he also goes with his lover and they lay in the flower fields at night and watch the stars together. he hangs flowers in his room and makes cool things with them as well as studies them.

DIARY

entry one,
today I collected more chocolate cosmos! isn't the color and smell just to die for! but another kalon made fun of me for wearing a flower crown and collecting flowers.. and he said they were girly.. but other than that, I've arranged a beautiful bouquet for my dearest who I've yet to confront. i'm sorry i'm so shy!
-ali

entry 2,
it's been a few days, maybe four, since I've written in my journal. i'm still getting picked on by that other kalon too! he's so mean! each day I leave a bouquet for my princess and hope that someday we can be together.
-ali

entry 3,
i'm so scared. this time when I gave her a bouquet.. I wrote a letter... and I told her to meet me in the flower fields tonight! I've already started to groom my fur and get ready for it. I hope she accepts my love.. i'd be so heartbroken if she didn't.
-ali

entry 4,
I waited in the flower fields for two hours before finally hearing soft paw steps and the movement of flowers. I was so nervous.. but when I looked at her.. it was as if all my worries were blown away. on her head, she had a flower crown made of chocolate cosmos! how beautiful! I introduced myself and she told me that she had known it was me and of course it made me really embarrassed! then I told her my feelings and.. she accepted them! BETTER YET SHE LIKED ME TOO!!
-ali

entry 5,
I'm so upset... I let her see the bad side of me... and she told me it scared her... I scared her? no way... why am I like this...? can't I just be normal for once! i'm never leaving my garden room again. i'll stay in here forever and face the monstrous beast inside of my by myself. will anyone help me? anyone..?
-alistair

599/600

aaa. sorry i'm not very creative. I saw how sweet he looked and I just thought, 'what if he had a bad side?'
this babe is such a dreaaam!

human version using these lines; clickey
full version; clickerdoodle
by me; boop the snoot
by the lovely; Delanay3
original post; click
ty babe for the cutest little piece of art. <3 I love it

more art soon by lovely people!
(area for another piece of art)
bad piece of art by me... I accidentally drew the body too long. he's running through a field of chocolate cosmos! (I love that name)
Last edited by sashiyaki on Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:07 pm, edited 10 times in total.

────────────────
sashiyaki - sashi
✦local eldritch demon✦
✦i like frogs✦
────────────────
sashiyaki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

william - kalon 802

Postby castiiian » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:35 am

username // cast
      name // william
      gender // male
      _ __ ___ ___________________________ ___ __ _
      flower //
      xxxAny sailor worth his two cents knows flowers are an unlucky thing to bring aboard. Sure, William adores bringing those who catch his eye roses, and enjoys plucking their petals when he's heartbroken, but he'd never dare bring one on a ship. No matter how much they remind him of his home and lovers, he is a sailor before he is a man. And like his fellow shipmates and sailors, he is ruled by several traditions and superstitions. Though he'd like to say he's not one to follow a crowd's beliefs, his crew mates are practically his family, and he's more than comfortable with sharing their beliefs. As such, he'll continue to see flowers as an unlucky thing to bring aboard. On land, flowers are free to symbolize love, spring, nature, or whatever else. At sea, however, they wilt and are only useful as funeral wreaths.
Last edited by castiiian on Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
castiiian
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cincil. » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:37 am

| cincil. | ayla | female | purple/blue morning glory |
    ayla has aways been obsessed with morning glory flowers,
    specifically those that are blue and purple hued. the garden
    that ayla's family owned meant a lot to her in the fact that
    it was where her mother conceived her as well as where she's
    spent most of her life. as soon as ayla was born, by age 5, she
    was always out in the garden with her mom, helping her plant
    the flowers as well as water them periodically. any time that
    ayla wasn't in that very garden, she would feel gloomy and just
    naturally unhappy. the garden was what gave her life.
cincil.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Roobuzz » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:38 am

Username: Roobuzz
Name: Anita Eglīte
What is his/her favorite flower and why: Anita loves white poinsettias ^^

Art by me

The English is a bit difficult to read in this since it's a bit choppy (ex: "don't" is "do not", words are simple and a bit out of place, etc.) The character doesn't know much English, so it's going to be just a little bit hard to read! Sorry in advance!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I glance down at the flower between my paws, taking a deep breath. A white poinsettia- the very flower that my two mothers had given me just before I had left to America to be a foreign exchange student. Neither of them wanted me to leave Latvia in the first place, but the moment I had shown them the section in the form about the college scholarship possibility, they agreed- under one condition. They handed me a flower, telling me that whenever I felt afraid, they wanted me to take the flower out of my hair and hold it until I can feel their hearts leaking into mine. They said that our spirits are connected, and although I do not really think that I believe in that, it does make me feel happy. Today, for the first day of sophomore year, I have brought my flower with me.
Going over the word in my head, I feel confident in my English. All I have to do is say, "Here," and they'll move on. Maybe, if I am lucky, they won't even notice that I-
"Here," calls the student next to me, jolting me back to reality.
"Here," mutters the next one while scrolling through his phone.
I scan the kalons around me curiously, beginning to overthink. Isn't there an "h" in "here"? So why does it sound like they're saying "ear"? Is it a different word?
"Anita?"
"Ear," I reply. Nobody reacts, so I smile to myself. I put the flower back in my hair, glancing at it once more and feeling my mothers' hearts.

Art by me, Juniper belongs to Leopardsong

Anita was born in Salacgrīva, Latvia. Living in a small, lower-class house by the beautiful ocean with her mothers, she had grown up with the sea. Little Anita would often visit the ocean and stare at the edge, wondering what was on the other side. A traveller at heart, she often collected maps, globes, and travel guides, whether they were needed or not. She enjoyed observing flowers around her house, and she would pretend to be a "Flower Pirate"- she would "plunder the flowers", picking them and making pirate sounds. She would then pretend to travel the seas with them.
No matter how strong her desire to travel was, she never was able to leave the area around her house unless it was to go into town to get groceries. She was happy there, though- until she enrolled in a small school and eventually discovered that there was a chance for one kalon from the school to go on a foreign exchange trip to America. She studied and learned English to the best of her abilities, and eventually, her dream to travel came true. She had to say goodbye to her mother, but she'll be back after a year of being an American highschool student. She's already made some new friends- Aristotle, Ophelia and Juniper. After the year passes, she will return to the beautiful house on the oceanside that she already misses so much.

[500/500]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anita by the Latvian ocean side by me

Super speedy chibi of Anita visiting Aristotle's beefarm by me

Last edited by Roobuzz on Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:56 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Roobuzz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby whatswrongwithangela » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:54 am

Username | Enchanted
Name | Harry

What Is His Favorite Flower And Why?
Light Pink Baby's Breath Flowers
"Ahh, What A Great Morning. I Just Wish My Hair Would Move So I Could See Things" I Thought That Morning.
My Whole Life I Was Teased For Having My Hair In Front Of My Face So I Couldn't See Anything. It Was Time To
Leave For Class Though. I Walked Lonely Out Of My Apartment. In The Garden I Smelled And Heard Something
New. Maybe Last Night The Gardener Planted Some New Flowers! I Wanted To Go Check It Out. The First New
Flower He Planted Smelled Really Good. I Think It Was Roses Because My Bag Got Caught To The Stem. Then I
Walked Over To The Second One. This Time It Felt Different. I Dont Mean Like The Flower I Mean I Felt Different
About It. One Of The Leafs Brushed Back The Hair Covering My Eyes. I Dont Know How But Somehow It Did. I
Looked At The Flower That The Leaf Was Attached To I Kneeled Down To See The Sign Where It Tells You The
Name Of The Flower And An Image Of When Its Fully Grown. There I Saw A Light Pink Flower And Next To It There
Were The Words "Baby's Breath Flower". I Repeated What I Read. "Baby's Breath Flower" I Thought That Sounded Nice!
Now Everyday I Come And Check On The Plant That Let Me See The World With My Eyes. Its Better Than I Thought
It Would Be Now That I Can See Everything Clearly. And Its All Thanks To That One Plant."

[ 255/500 Words ]
Last edited by whatswrongwithangela on Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
whatswrongwithangela

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiffell » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:59 am

Mark
- - - - - -
mangroveclan (stars) | cactusclan (stars)
- - - - - -
im no longer active on cs, if you want to talk/need to contact me please do so through discord or TH!
kiffell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby evil. » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:05 am

RES
evil.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♡♡♡♡ » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:22 am

Username: Zen
Name: Georgia-Gorgi
What is his/her favorite flower and why: Daisy, wip with being best friends name that she moved away from
♡♡♡♡

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Kei Frosyth

Postby pim » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:32 am

OddBark // Kei Frosyth // Male //

'' Where do I go begin? The first thing that comes to mind is how the lotus brings beauty to mucky waters. It's vibrant colors, sparks curiosity and awe.''

Kei loves that the lotus's magnificence an grace. The way they sink in the later day; as if to dim their beauty so the other vegetation can have a moment to be admired by the sun. He loves their contrast to their surroundings--

'' Don't forget to mention their stems! They live brave lives resting their big heads on their flimsy stems! Oooh! and they're similar in color to me''

- Of course Kei, they're also vibrant like your personality, if I may add

One of the most enjoyed aspects of the Lotus for Kei is the way they look. Their pleasing petals. They hold meaning. Each petal looking to hold a story of all the creatures that ever crossed its loving path. He loves the fact that if they could talk, they'd share all the stories that the ancient sun ever mentioned in it's hours watching the world.

{ 175 / 500 }

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Art wrote:

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Last edited by pim on Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:27 pm, edited 7 times in total.
pim

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me