Trade with me

Re: Khimaira Friesians #50

Postby Baby bunnies! » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:10 pm

Owner: Baby bunnies!
Show Name: King of the Sea
Barn Name: Poseidon
Name Meaning:
Halter color: (may be chosen after)
Pearl/jewel color (halter):(may be chosen after)
A story about this horse and the ocean:

WIP
Status/sayings: Life being consumed by rabbits and dancing.
Hi I am Baby bunnies! but you can call me BB
I love to do art. Before December 2014 all art that I did was with a mouse. I now work with a Bamboo tablet. Also please note that I expect something in return for customs, I put time into every piece.
I own rabbits! I love to show my rabbits and and have gotten many first place ribbons, a lot of Best of Breed, Best Opposite Breed, Best of Variety, & Best Opposite Variety awards. My rabbits have also gotten Reserve in Show and Best 6 class. I, personally, have gotten Reserve Champion and Grand Champion awards. I take part in Rabbit Royalty! If you have any questions about Rabbits then please ask and I shall answer as best that I can.
Info on how to properly raise rabbits and show them. Rabbit Blog
Rabbit Q&A ~ Baby bunnies! and teresa8oats

Image Image Image
Baby bunnies!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NeriHyuga » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:51 am

Slots:
1. Image
2. Image
3. Image
4. Image
BL 1.17:2/4
Last edited by NeriHyuga on Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.
The Herds of Thalija:
NeriHyuga

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DarkestWerewolf » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:31 pm

Owner:
DarkestWerewolf
Show Name:
Wondering through Oblivion
Barn Name:
Valdimar
Name Meaning:
It means ruler of the ocean in Icelandic.
Halter color:
Why not you surprise me? :3
Pearl/jewel color (halter):
Carribean blue
Personality:

Valdimar is a very sharp and intuitive stallion. A wild stallion with high intelligence and well-known amongst other herds as a foe they should never underestimate. As the alpha of his herd, Valdimar takes pride in his duty and shows great leadership qualities and responsibility when it is needed. Valdimar is generally friendly and has a golden-heart. However, don't get on his bad side. Valdimar becomes a threat to everyone when he is upset. Sudden silence and a death glare are signs that will let everyone know Valdimar isn't in a good mood.

Valdimar wondered along the sea shore. Everything was peaceful. It was a beautiful way to start the morning. His herd was hidden amongst the safety of the trees that ran along the seashore. As his herd peacefully grazed, Valdimar gazed towards the sea. Waves rippled as the crisp air filled his nostrils. He let his mind wondered back to when was just a 2 year old.

Back then, Valdimar was terrified of the ocean. He felt too vulnerable in it to his liking and when people attempted to capture him, it took an unfortunate turn for the young stallion. He was forcefully dragged away. He didn't know where he was going as they managed to blindfold him. Gunshots continued to ring in his ears to scare and deter his herd and parents from coming back to get him. Ropes made a tangled mess around his neck as he tried to fight off his captors. He suddenly felt the ground grew soft and grainy. Sand. The smell of water started to fill his nostrils as he continued to fight back. His energy was draining fast as his will to fight back evaporated from his exhausted body. With a rough haul, he was thrown into what seemed like a pathetically small boat. The choppy waves made the ride rough. As the boat sailed off, Valdimar thought back to his herd and his parents. His desperation to find them again gave him the energy and determination to fight back. He struggled and rocked the boat. In the small space with a struggling horse, it was a threat. Kicks were thrown in all directions as his hooves made numerous contacts with his captors. Valdimar's violent struggle caused the boat to capsize. In the water, his blindfold slowly came off as the stallion quickly swam to the surface. The night sky and choppy waves terrified the stallion. His legs were weak from the struggle and fear but he kept pushing on. Valdimar didn't even bother to look back on whether his captors were gone or not. He focused on getting back to shore, alive. The choppy waves and strong currents pushed and pulled him in all directions. He was getting tired and his vision was blurring but he was getting closer and closer to the shore. With one last push of determination, he flung himself onto the shore and collapsed. His vision turned black.

By the time he came to, the sun was already beating down on him. Notable marks could be seen on the soil a distance away from where he was before he made contact with the sand. He hauled his tired body up and headed followed the tracks back to more familiar grounds. His herd wasn't there. The vast plains of emptiness met his vision. His heart sank. He went to get a drink of water from the lake and headed of in an attempt to find his herd. However, he didn't find them. 2 lonesome years later, he eventually decided to pick himself up and find a herd of his own.
Those 2 years have honed his survival skills and have made him a better stallion.

Last edited by DarkestWerewolf on Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
DarkestWerewolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ImogenEquine » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:32 pm

x

Owner: ImogenEquine
Show Name: Caught at Sea
Barn Name: Caspian
Name Meaning: he's named after the Caspian Sea
Halter color: after please
Pearl/jewel color (halter): after as well

A story about this horse and the ocean: A massive ship. Calm waters beneath it, a blue sky and golden sun above it. A long journey had commenced just days before. The boat was set to sail half way around the world, and its cargo was precious and valuable; it had to be kept safe, no matter the cost.

A prince had fallen in love with a horse. This wasn't just any horse though. It had a coat that was dazzling and incredible, unseen anywhere else in the world. The word spread quickly, his name becoming known in the horse world. The prince knew he had to have it. Immediately, upon his son's request, a king contacted the small village where the foal was born, offering an enormous sum for the colt. Being born to a poor family, it was an offer they couldn't refuse. The small village had neither an airport nor planes, so the horse was to be shipped out on their largest boat the following morning.

The first two days were a lovely start to the voyage. Everything ran smoothly and no issues had occurred. Finally things were working out for the family; with the money from the horse, they would no longer be in poverty as they had been for years. The feelings of bliss were cut short by dark clouds that began to loom overhead. The winds began to pick up, tugging at their loose clothing and ruffling their hair. To avoid the weather, they went down into the ship, leaving the deck, hoping that the incoming rain and winds would subside within a few hours as usual. Sadly, that was not the case.

Blinding flashes of lightning. Booming thunder. Furious waves smashing the sides of the ship, shaking it and knocking those on board off of their feet. It was as if the gods of the sea and sky had unleashed their fury on a single boat. The father, a middle-aged man who had sailed the same boat many times before, descended further into the boat to check on his cargo; Caspian. The horse whinnied loudly and frantically swung his head back and forth, pacing side to side with his front legs in the makeshift stall set up in the lower level of the boat. Though stressed, he was not injured, so the man continued his examination of the boat, racing back on to the deck to check that everything was still intact. As he stepped out on to the floor that was now dotted with pools of rainwater, he slipped and fell, his body being thrown back against a wall by a violent shift in the angle of the ship. As the turbulence made it difficult for him to get back to his feet, he was forced to scramble to the side, as lightning struck only a few metres away. With a blinding blast of light, flames erupted at the point of contact. As fast as they were spreading and burning holes in the deck, the massive puddles extinguished sections of the flames.

Below that very part of the deck, burn marks began to trace their way across the ceiling. Eyes fixated on the blackening, Caspian whinnied for help. He then snapped his gaze away and began to kick at the walls of the makeshift stall. Eventually, he was able to break free, the wooden planks giving way to his strong hooves. He galloped up the stairway to the deck, struggling to maneuver his way over the steps. Thankfully, they held his weight. By the time he stood in the open air, the sight ahead of him was more awful than imaginable. The rain had subsided, but the flames had spread over the majority of the floor. He saw his human laying on the floor unconscious, bright orange flames licking the edge of his shirt. He lunged towards him, nudging him with his muzzle. When nothing happened, he repeated the action, pushing harder, causing the limp body to turn over and extinguish the small flame. Caspian couldn't see the other humans, but he didn't think over the thought again, as his mind went back the the flames that would soon envelope the ship. He stomped frantically, but to his horror, the flames only burned his legs instead of being put out. There was no way out. There was nothing he could do.

The blaring horn of a ship sounded, causing the colt to jump. He whipped his head around quickly and couldn't believe his eyes. There was another ship, approaching uncomfortably close to his own. It looked like they would collide, but only seconds later, the ships were side by side, one pacing the other. A team of men ran to the guard rail on the side of the second boat, watching the horse, trying to coax him over. Though Caspian wanted to flee the flames, he took a moment to run back to the body that was slumped on the floor. He circled it and made as much noise as possible. The men clambered on to the flaming ship as soon as they saw this, and began to drag the man on to their ship. Caspian left him to the other team and took off across the deck, jumping up and over both ships' rails as he'd seen jumpers do in arenas back home. Breathing heavily, he came to a stop on the foreign ship, watching as the team successfully brought his man back to their own ship.

Hours later, Caspian's owner regained consciousness and was able to explain what had happened. The team agreed to take Caspian to his new owners and refused the portion of the horse's cost offered by the man. They would go on to arrive at their destination and receive the money without any other altercations. After that, Caspian would never set hoof on a boat again, though he would grow to enjoy trips to the beach, where he would stare out at the vast ocean, remembering his past journey, and imagining what else could be out there at sea.

aahh nvm this, I love this boy but I can't do art like SpartanAmethyst ;o;
Last edited by ImogenEquine on Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
╔══════════════════════╗
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
you don't have to say 'I love you' to say 'I love you'

my poor mental health is a WIP, much like this sig
feel free to pm me to chat or anything c:

β € β €β € artist β™˜ d&d player β™˜ sapphic β™˜ adopts β €β €β € Image
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘

β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•
══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
β € β € β € β € β € β € β € β € β € β € β € β € (my goodness, I hope to own a cinnamon roll some day)
β € β €β € β € β € β € β € β € β € β € β € β € Image
ImogenEquine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SpartanAmethyst » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:25 am

β–£ β–ͺ β–£ β–ͺ β–£ β–ͺ β–£ β–ͺ β–£ β–ͺ β–£ β–ͺ β–£ β–ͺ β–£ β–ͺ β–£ β–ͺ β–£ β–ͺ β–£ β–ͺ β–£ β–ͺ β–£ β–ͺ β–£ β–ͺ β–£ β–ͺ β–£ β–ͺ β–£
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
β–£ β–ͺ β–£ β–ͺ β–£ β–ͺ β–£ β–ͺ β–£ β–ͺ β–£ β–ͺ β–£ β–ͺ β–£ β–ͺ β–£ β–ͺ β–£ β–ͺ β–£ β–ͺ β–£ β–ͺ β–£ β–ͺ β–£ β–ͺ β–£ β–ͺ β–£ β–ͺ β–£
Oceanus as a yearling. >

Owner:
SpartanAmethyst

Barn Name:
Oceanus
Show Name:
SAKF Poseidon's Resonance

Name Meaning:
Oceanus (/oʊˈsiːənΙ™s/; Greek: α½¨ΞΊΞ΅Ξ±Ξ½ΟŒΟ‚ ŌkeanΓ³s, pronounced [ɔːkeanΓ³s])
was a divine figure in classical antiquity, believed by the ancient Greeks & Romans
to be the divine personification of the sea, an enormous river encircling the world.

Halter & Pearl color:
White with ocean agate pearls c:

Personality:
Intelligent and clever, this stallion thrives on attention and loves to be the star of the show; this makes him a dressage superstar with his calm nature and obedience towards his rider. Of course there was a time when he was a hotshot womanizer with a sense of adventure, when he was an untamed wild spirit that would be held down by nothing. That was, at least, until his first foal was born.
The moment he met the newborn colt, Oceanus grew up completely. His personality took a complete turnaround, and he became well-mannered, loving, fatherly, and even a little bit paranoid. Whereas his mind used to revolve around nothing but his looks and his winnings, the center of his world became his little Percy, his future wingman and Pas de Deux partner. The two were inseparable, something very uncommon for a stallion and foal, and Oceanus swore that he would do anything to protect his little one.
While Oceanus is still quite the competitor, he's proven to his handler that he will flat out refuse to leave his foal if something is wrong; more times that she can count, Oceanus has broken out of his stall and barn to visit the neighboring farm, where Percy and his dam live. That's where clever comes it; he's always found a way out of his stall, no matter how his handler tried booby trapping it. He finds a way.
Despite his obviously deep bond to Percy, Oceanus isn't actually very social. He prefers either his own company, or alone time with his handler or Percy. He will be polite and socialize, but should a group get too large he will politely excuse himself and take his leave, should he have the chance.

Individually, we are one drop.
Together, we are an ocean.

-Ryunosuke Satoroxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The ocean was such a terrible mistress.

Standing atop one of the painted sea cliffs, Oceanus watched the waves splash lazily against one another; today, the sea was calm and serene, an image of beauty. This is how it should have been three years ago, not the nightmare that had formed in the clouds overhead...

The day had started out beautifully: a gorgeous sunrise broke over the ocean, seagulls flocked and called up and down the coast, and every so often a stray doe would come to the edge of the forest to nibble at the emerald grasses there. Oceanus, somewhat smaller and a new father, stood happily in the water as it lapped at his ankles. An ocean breeze lifted his mane with it's soft touch, brushing along his hide and whispering in his fine ears. He relished the feeling of the sun as its rays lit his face, and took a deep breath to mark his contentment. It was almost perfect; almost.

Suddenly there came a shrill whinny from up the shoreline, and Oceanus turned his head to the familiar call. A little bay roan colt, no more than five months, was barreling clumsily down the beach on a beeline for the ocean-marked steed. "Ah, Percy!" The stallion exclaimed happily, nuzzling the little form when it slammed headfirst into his side and cuddled up against his blue coat. "I'm so glad you came. The sunrise wouldn't be as beautiful if you weren't here," the stallion crooned, making the little colt shuffle his forehooves bashfully. Oceanus only smiled, and began to walk with the little colt down the beach and show him all the wonders of this new ecosystem. He knew his handler trusted him; so they would be fine as long as they came back before dark.

As the sun rose to its noon-time home, father and son found themselves resting under a grove of trees that grew within yards of the ocean. "Dad," little Percy began quietly. "I love it here. Mom's owners have been talking about selling me to your stable, something about I'm too heavy to be a jumper? If that happens, can we come here every day? Pretty please?"

Smiling, Oceanus chuckled and nuzzled his little boy. "Of course we will. We'll come here and jump the driftwood, race along the sand, chase the gulls, and even go swimming in the ocean. How does that sound?"

Suddenly Percy leapt to his feet, jumping around and whinnying in excitement. "Oh man, I can't wait! Let's do something now! Oh! Oh! Can we go swimming dad? Can we? Pretty please?"

"Not today, kiddo. The rip current here is still too strong for you; give it a few more months and you'll be strong as me!"

"Aw, but dad-"

"Come on now Percy, don't give me that look. It's for your safety; I can't lose you. I'd rather know you're strong enough rather than risk you getting hurt, or worse. Do that for me, m'kay?" Begrudgingly Percy nodded his head, giving a tiny huff of displeasure. Oceanus had been just about to say something else when a faint rumble of thunder drew his attention. His aqua eyes turned out to the ocean, assessing the building storm that he'd not noticed yet. "Looks like we're going to have to cut our beach day short, kiddo. Ocean storms are far worse than land storms." Oceanus hauled himself to his hooves and shook the sand from his coat, looking down at his beloved son. "Ready? We'll come back out tomorrow if the storm passes, sound good?" Percy didn't look happy about leaving and almost argued, but a louder, much harsher clap of thunder sent him scurrying behind his sire for protection. To make it fun, Oceanus raced his son back down the beach to his handler and the awaiting trailer, of course letting the bay colt win and overexaggerating exhaustion to make Percy laugh. Together they loaded up, Percy was taken home, and he and his handler returned to their own small farm next door.

------

Just after dark, the storm that had been building hit the coast with a horrible fury, stretching far enough inland to hit the neighboring farms. Lightning flashed and thunder shook the stables, making the other animals in the barn nervous and agitated. Oceanus himself was not afraid, not for himself; instead he worried about his little Percy, and how he was handling the storm. The winds raged on until well passed midnight, when suddenly the frantic form of his handler rushed into the barn, calling for him. "Oceanus! Percy has gone missing! Somehow he got under the stall door, and Esmerelda is at competition for the night!" She wrenched open his stall door and moved out of the way; now one would think this woman crazy, letting her most prized stallion run free in the midst of such a terrible storm, but she knew Oceanus was smart, and that if anyone could find Percy, it was him. In a split second Oceanus was in papa bear/bloodhound mode, and he was off into the night.

The Friesian tore through the woods to Percy's birthplace, and searched until he found a quickly disappearing set of tracks. In this kind of pouring rain, he had very little time to find his son before all evidence of him was washed away. Yelling his son's name, Oceanus wasted no time setting off back into the woods, leaping over fallen trees and through thick brush; thorned vines tore at his hide and tangled in his hair, but Oceanus didn't have time to hurt. Percy was in danger. It took only moments for the water-marked stallion to figure out his direction; Percy had taken off towards the beach, most likely trying to get to him, but didn't know the way to the farm. The colt must have ran blindly in the first direction he thought of.

Each stride propelled the stallion faster, and though it was only minutes he felt as though he'd been running for hours. His stomach churned in nerves and fear, and a sense of dread slowly took hold of his heart. Suddenly the canopy gave way to the seaside cliffs, and Oceanus found himself almost running straight off the edge. He slid to a halt and struggled back to safety, the mud threatening to collapse beneath him and plummet to the sea below. Checking his trail, he found the tiny hoof prints didn't stop; panicked, he began screaming Percy's name, looking over the cliff to the dark, churning waters below. A form suddenly caught his eye, bobbing with the waves, and Oceanus jumped; he didn't waste time with running down and around, but hitting the water sure did knock the breath out of him. Regardless, he paddled to the limp form, and dove beneath it, shimmying the foal onto his back and bee-lined for the shore.

That night he laid there, curled around his unmoving child, crying and praying for the storm to pass...

Looking out at the ocean still, Oceanus looked down at the cliff he stood on. This is where it happened; the dirt was still partially collapsed from where Percy had slipped and from where he'd jumped; it was like the Earth itself was scarred with the memory of that terrible night, and it would not heal until the cliff itself was reduced to nothing. His aqua eyes moved back to the ocean and he heaved a massive sigh; three years, and the nightmare still would not leave him be. His tail, fuller now than it had been, flicked agitatedly against the wind, but otherwise Oceanus seemed calm. He'd not been down to that beach since that night, and he still wasn't sure if he dared break that barrier. It still seemed too soon, but maybe that was for the best. Soon, he'd be moving away from here, having been sold to a new owner farther inland. Much farther inland. This was just his goodbye.

Bidding one last farewell to the memory of his son, Oceanus made a move to leave, but not before something on the beach caught his eye: for the briefest moment, he thought he saw the form of a stunning Friesian stallion, much like himself, but with a coat the color of the dying sunset. He blinked once, and it was gone. He decided it was his mind playing tricks on him, but what he failed to notice was the set of hoof prints that ran along the beach, following the well-worn path back from the water's edge and into the forest.

Last edited by SpartanAmethyst on Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:05 pm, edited 5 times in total.
x ================== x
x ================== x
G O O D
N I G H T
S L E E P
T I G H T
D O N ' T
L E T
T H E
M O T H M A N
S E E
Y O U R
NI G H T L I G H T

------
β˜†ARRβ˜†
β˜†GSAβ˜†ISOβ˜†
SpartanAmethyst

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Medd-Lee » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:54 am

Ooooh possibly! mark
unnessecary links wrote:Characters(old, LOL)
My SMWs(closed)
Flight Rising(idk why)
3k+ Chickens(active!)

Hi! I'm Medd! They/them please.
I am sometimes hard to reach on CS! If you need me quickly try Toyhouse(Medd-Lee), thanks!
Most links are outdated, sorry guys!
Medd-Lee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cardinal. » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:54 am

| Lagoone |
| A stretch of salt water separated from the sea by a low sandbank or coral reef. |
| Owned by Cardinal | Stallion | Three years |
| Dark Leather Halter with Ocean Blue Jewels |

Lagoone wandered the beach at a steady pace, the small waves lapping at his hooves and dragging the fine hairs from his feathers with it. His weight pushing down into the wet sand and creating smooth hoof shaped grooved, only to have them washed away and faded back into nothing once the next wave hits them. Atlantic blue eyes watching the shallows for the tell tale sign of his favourite treat. Seaweed. Lagoone loves nothing more than making a treat out of the long, green strips of sea plants. The salty yet bitter taste of the leaves just make him shiver with delight. The blue stallion snorted as he broke into a trot, a small whinny of excitement escaping as he struggled to contain himself. Stopping at the base of the rock pools, his hooves clattered over seemingly clumsily but the stallion had clambered over these rocks many a time in order to reach his favourite treat. Arching his neck down, Lagoone picked up a long strand and began to chew it tentatively, savouring the memorable taste that he so desperately loved. Happily munching on the seaweed strands, Lagoone's mind wandered to the first time he had ever tried the seaweed after stumbling upon it.

It hadn't been too long ago, roughly a year and a half, when the younger version of the stallion found his way to the beach. At first his eyes were fixated on the horizon, where the ocean met the sky and the colours of the cool evening. As he made his way to the ocean, the colt was forced to stop in his tracks. The strange feeling underneath his hooves. The sand... it felt like it was moving. The sensation strange and unfamiliar as he lifted his hooves in exaggerated movements. Stopping to let his hooves touch the cold water of the sea. The gentle waves lapping at his hooves like they did every time he came to visit after. Breaking into a trot and then into a gallop, Lagoone felt the salty sea spray lift and splash him on his face, flanks and legs. Giving his mane and tail a good soaking on top of that. The colt stopped and continued to splash in the gently sloping waves, whinnying with excitement and eyes sparkling with exasperated intrigue. His ocean blue eyes scanning the horizon once more, the waves in the distance much larger but still inviting. What had caught his attention the most was how the sky had melted into a myriad of blues, purples, pinks, reds and oranges. So many colours in one place, Lagoone just couldn't snap his eyes away from the beautiful view.

It was with the pick up in the wind, that Lagoone decided to get moving further down the beach. It seemed a little more sheltered from the wind. Snorting out the sea spray that had been caught in his nose, the blue colt was met with an obstacle. Jagged rocks in which in some places a collection of water and other various creatures had been trapped. Jumping up, his hooves slid uneasily over the uneven surface, the colt loosing his footing every now and then. However, after several minutes of struggling, Lagoone came across a shallow pool with small blob like creatures. Tiny tendrils protruding from the top. Lowering his nose down, Lagoone gave the surface of the water a quick sniff before lowering his nose down to investigate the strange creature. After a few moments, Lagoone jolted back, the creature was not the slightest bit friendly after giving him a nasty sting along his nose. A shock bark of alarm emanated from him, hooves slipping down slightly before he regained his balance and continued on with his journey.

Hopping down from the rocks, Lagoone enjoyed the feeling of the sand beneath his hooves, but even more so that fact that it was sturdy ground. Walking at a regular pace, the colt lowered his nose to the ground taking in a few deep breathes before heading to the sea. With every hoof step, a small wave of sand being kicked into the air and shifted from his original position. The blue colt lifted his head, ears pinned forward as he noticed a green mass being clumsily washed up on the shore. It moved unlike anything he had ever seen, the green leaves waving individually with the tide. The colt was tentative when approaching, keeping his nose a safe enough distance to not get hurt as his curious mind persisted in investigating. A gentle snort, the colt jumped back spring a few strides before trotting back. The green mass had moved quicker than it had previously and given him a fright. Soon a few moments passed and Lagoone touched it. It did nothing. Didn't hurt him or attempt to run away. Confusion was apparent in his expression, however, Lagoone dragged a few pieces onto the shore properly with his hooves. Picking it up in his mouth, Lagoone bit off a small chunk and chewed slowly. His sense came to life. The salty yet bitter taste was new and exciting. His tail wiggling in appreciation. He spent a long while filling his belly with such a delicacy.

However, the time was limited as the tide began to creep in. Not unnoticed by Lagoone. Leaving the few scraps left of the pieces he had dragged up, the blue colt clambered over the rocks with about as much finesse as a fish on land, making sure not to poke his nose in any of the pools of water. Especially after getting that nasty sting. Although, that was the last thing on his mind as he trotted back up onto grassy land. Looking back at the ocean, he was mesmerised and this would definitely not be his last visit. Rearing up on his hind legs, he tossed his head in appreciation before turning to head back to his usual resting spot. He's since become a stallion and visited the hidden cove on a regular basis to get a taste of the seaweed that is often washed up upon the shore.

Last edited by Cardinal. on Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
Cardinal.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby song&storm » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:26 pm

end date is now set to August 31st! c:
πŸŒ™πŸŒΊ Art Shop πŸŒΊπŸŒ™
song&storm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jesdar16 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:59 am

"Ρ‚Π½Ρ” σ’єαη ΞΉΡ• єνєяутнιηg ΞΉ ωαηт Ρ‚Οƒ Π²Ρ”. Π²Ρ”Ξ±Ο…Ρ‚ΞΉΖ’Ο…β„“, муѕтєяισυѕ, Ο‰ΞΉβ„“βˆ‚, Ξ±Ξ·βˆ‚ ƒяєє."

σωηєя: jesdar16
ѕнσω Ξ·Ξ±ΠΌΡ”: Padre Mar
вαяη Ξ·Ξ±ΠΌΡ”: Poseidon
Ξ·Ξ±ΠΌΡ” ΠΌΡ”Ξ±Ξ·ΞΉΞ·g: The phrase "Padre Mar" means "father sea" in Spanish. Poseidon's barn name is that of a Greek god, Poseidon, god of the ocean and god of horses.
gΡ”Ξ·βˆ‚Ρ”Ρ: Stallion
Ξ±gΡ”: 14 years old
нαℓтєя ’σℓσя: Same as eye color
ρєαяℓ/Χ Ρ”Ο‰Ρ”β„“ ’σℓσя: Deep ocean blue
Ξ± ѕтσяу ΟƒΖ’ Ρ‚Π½Ρ” Ρ•Ρ”Ξ±: The seaweed waved in the ocean currents. Crabs scuttled among the rocks and an eel slid into the welcoming darkness of its rocky home. A shadow slid by overhead. A clownfish swimming carefully near the sea floor disappeared into the anemone. The shadow had long since disappeared, now invisible over the wall of seaweed.
The sunlight struggled to filter in through the surface of the water and managed to shine in a few small spaces in the giant ocean. The shadow had disappeared over the seaweed and into what was known as the drop. For when you looked precariously through that seeweed, one step further would send you over the edge of a massive canyon. It dropped down hundreds of feet, and you could not see the bottom of its darkest depths. The canyon was just as long as it was deep, stretching several miles, winding along the ocean floor and splitting it in two. Few creatures dared to swim over. The other side seemed very far away, and looking down was your worst enemy. The shadow was nowhere to be seen. Even a creature as fast as that could not have crossed the drop that quickly. Looking down, one could see a small glimmer, reflecting up from the bottom of the drop. It disappeared as quickly as it had appeared. There was only one place the shadow could have gone. Down.
It is incredibly dark in the drop. No sunlight dares penetrate the stuffing blackness. One particular place seems darker than the rest. The shine from earlier is gone - whatever had revealed it must have covered it up again. The dark place is on the wall, like a hungry shadow waiting to swallow you whole. The bottom of the canyon is sandy, but there are no plants here. Any shells are broken and cracked, like they were dropped or fell over the side.
The gleam appears again - but for a very short amount of time. Another shadow quickly covers it and it is gone. The shadow seemed to disappear into the dark hole in the canyon wall. Inside the hole, it is very spacious. There are some lights, micro-creatures lighting up the ceiling of the cave. Inside there is a seaweed bed and on it is a very peculiar creature. It has the head and body of an equine, with two hooved front legs, but has a large fish tail that makes up most of its back end. It has fins on the side of its head and on its side, and also on its forelegs. The fish tail has fins too, and a very large tail fin curled up underneath it. The creature's mane is made up of fins as well. It's resting on its side, with its legs and tail curled in front of it. In front of the hippocampus in the nest is a much smaller foal, however it differentiates a little from its finned mother.
"Come and meet your son, Aguo." The young hippocampus says softly, beckoning with a gentle jerk of her head. Another hippocampus appears from the shadows. He looks just like his mate except that his scales are of a much darker shade of blue than his mate's light colored scales. Curled up on the nest in front of its mother is a young foal. This foal was a dark color, like his father, but had white cobweb markings scattered on his back. He also had black stripes running down his flank and on his face and neck. His legs were black, as were his hooves. Except there was one problem. This foal had four legs, not two. He had no tail fin. No fins at all, for that matter. He was completely horse, with a horse mane, and a horse tail. The foal's father started at his son in surprise.
"Where are his fins? How can he swim if he does not have fins?"
"I do not know why this has happened. Maybe we should call the chief?" The hippocampus mare suggested, gazing up at her mate with sparkling sea green eyes.
"It is the only choice. He is not a hippocampus... he is a horse, our land counterpart." Aguo leaned down to touch noses with his mate and son. As he was about to nuzzle the young foal, the colt opened his eyes. Brilliant eyes they were, a beautiful, vibrant shade of atlantica. Those intelligent young eyes gazed into his father's, and together they reached out to touch noses.
"Goodbye my dear Chapotea, and young Poseidon. I will be back with the chief soon."
Chapotea closed her eyes and dipped her head. Poseidon.
The light blue mare gently stood up, encouraging Poseidon to do the same. "Come now young Poseidon, you must stand up, on your legs." She neighed softly, nudging her colt's folded legs. Poseidon stared at them in confusion, then looked at his mother's two front legs. He unfolded his own, surprised that they did what he wanted them to. He struggled to stand up, but fell back at first. Chapotea gently pressed her muzzle against her son's back and aid him in standing up. Soon Poseidon was on his wobbly hooves, which were the same atlantica at the bottom as his eyes were. The foal was nursing when his father returned with the chief.
"Chief Cangrejo." Chapotea dipped her head to the leader of the hippocampi. Aguo swum over to stand by his mate and foal.
"Greetings, Chapotea. Congratulations on the birth of your foal." The chief whinnied, dipping his head in respect to the family.
"Thank you, chief. However we have an issue we would like to address." Chapotea said, gesturing towards her foal. "Our colt, Poseidon, was born with four legs and no fins. We are unsure of where this came from, and we are worried for his future."
"Fear not, young mare." the chief said, coming to stand near the foal. Poseidon glanced up at the chief, milk dribbling on his whiskers. Blinking those intelligent atlantica eyes, he returned to nursing. "I have seen something like this before. A long time ago, a family of hippocampi had a foal named Renso. Renso was very intelligent, however he could not swim, for he had the same problems as Poseidon does. He had four legs and horse features. He could not fend for himself in the ocean. He was a land creature."
Chapotea and Aguo stared at their foal in anguish. Was Poseidon destined to be like Renso, forever destined to live underwater, even though he could not swim?
"However, Renso did have a very curious personality. He wanted to explore, and was always optimistic. And one day, he found the above world." Chapotea gasped. Very few hippocampi ever went above the surface of the water. The canyon was their home, and she didn't like seeing the churning ocean waves of the sea surface.
"To Renso, the land was calling him. He always felt like he belonged there, and that is where he went. Maybe Poseidon will be the same." Chief Cangrejo dipped his head to the family. "For now, nurse him and let him grow. Teach him to swim to the best of your abilities. But do not be afraid if he chooses to go."

Many, many moons later, Chapotea was busy nursing a young hippocampi foal. Poseidon groaned, kicking a rock with his forehoof.
"Poseidon, stop that! You're disrupting your sister." Chapotea kept her attention on her newborn daughter, who was nursing.
"Mother, where's Pento? I promised him I'd teach him how to draw with his hoof!" Poseidon asked, still kicking the rock. Chapotea sighed.
"Your brother went out to play with his friends. He's still a yearling, you're older than him. Don't teach him things that'll be too difficult."
"Yes, Mother." Poseidon groaned, heading towards the cave entrance. His swimming skills were definitely worse than his younger brother's, but he didn't let the laughing or teasing get to him. It mostly stopped, ever since Chief Cangrejo stepped in.
Life is so boring underwater. I don't like it here. It's so dark, even during the day. I want to see the light. The light!
Poseidon's mind sparked with an idea. If he went to the light, maybe he wouldn't be bored anymore!
Swimming around a corner in the drop, he looked up and gulped. The canyon wall looked tall. Very tall. Especially with his horrible swimming skills.
Why don't I have a tail like Mother and Father? Why was I cursed with these back legs?
He began to swim, pushing with his large hooves. Slowly, he moved up the canyon. Occasionally he found a ledge he could boost himself on, pushing on it with his back legs or forelegs and watching it crumble after he was launched forward. Slowly the light got closer, and closer, and closer. Finally, his forehoof clung to the top, rocky ledge. He swam up and sat, exhausted, on the side. Looking down, he realized how dark and scary his canyon home looked. If I was a predator, I wouldn't want to go down there!
Looking forward, Poseidon gasped. In front of him was more color than he had ever seen in his life. Sunlight streamed through the water and reflected on the sandy ground. Seaweed waved in the currents and coral glistened with all colors of the rainbow. Bright fish darted between the rocks, and the occasional hermit crab scuttled along and disappeared beneath the rocks. So much life, and it all stretched on, forever and ever! Looking behind him past the drop, there was more ocean floor. He began to move forward, passing rock arches and schools of silvery fish. A dolphin even passed by, leaping and disappearing above the water before splashing back down again. Suddenly, a dark grey shape appeared behind him. It seemed to be coming right for him. Panicking, he began to swim faster, struggling.
Stupid, stupid hind legs! His eye rims went white as he struggled to move forward. The grey shape got closer, closer, until he could see the details of it in the corner of his eyes. It was grey, with a white face, and very sharp, pointy teeth. It had a big dorsal fin on its back and smaller fins on each side. Realization flooded his mind as he fled. It's a shark! I remember my mother's old tales.. they eat hippocampi like me!
Wait.. I'm not a hippocampus. I'm not a hippocampus! The thought roared in his mind as he whirled around.
"I won't be your dinner tonight!" He whinnied, snorting as the shark charged him. Just before its jaws opened to snatch him, he lunged to the side, flashing out his powerful hooves. His strike met its target and left deep hoofprints on the shark's side. It spun around, favoring its injured side, and lunged again. His heart pounding, Poseidon leaned away, narrowly missing the creature's powerful jaws. He began to swim towards the rising sand, hoping to make it out alive. The shark lunged again, and he ducked, raising a hoof to puncture its skin. He missed, opening a small cut on the bottom. Get away before it smells the blood! The shark was spinning circles now, pain confusing it. Poseidon took this time to punch its nose and cut it again, then pounded away, his hooves digging into the sand. The rising sand hill slowly got closer. The shark was coming for him again. Poseidon closed his eyes and urged his legs to move faster. He could see the shark moving again, blood leaving a small stream from its cuts. It swam past, its fin jutting into Poseidon's side. He whinnied in pain as the fin slapped him, and the shark lunged again, snatching a piece of his ear as it went. Now with a missing ear and a lot of pain, Poseidon scrambled towards the rising sand and finally emerged. The surface of the water broke easily as he pushed his head above it. He crawled onto the sandy shores and flopped down, breathing heavily. This isn't water.. He managed to think to himself before passing out.
When he awoke, a few strange two-legged tall creatures with head fur stood nearby. One was attempting to put something on his painful ear. He noticed the pool of red stuff staining the sand where his ear had been. He struggled to his hooves and shied away from their touch. But exhaustion made him collapse again, and he let the weird creatures touch him.
"Ssssh now, you're safe." A young voice of a female said softly in his ear. It calmed him, and he opened his brilliant atlantica eyes to look into hers. Gently she rested her hand on his muzzle and stroked it. His eyes closed again as his breathing became normal.
"There we go, big guy. You're safe now."
Many years later, Poseidon found himself standing on the same beach, the young girl upon his back. She had grown older now, her legs were much longer, and her hair had grown down to beyond her hips. Flinging her shiny brown locks behind her shoulder, the girl rested her hand upon Poseidon's muscular blue shoulder. He dropped his head, letting the rope bitless bridle push against his nose. The girl never used a harsh bit or heavy saddle with him, from the moment she found him, she had always used that same worn rope bridle.
"Poseidon, are you seeing what I'm seeing?" She whispered to him, leaning forward and pointing with her hand. Poseidon's head rose as his sharp atlantica gaze caught what his rider was looking at. It was a sparkle, a gleam in the darkness. He followed it, and as soon as he got close, it disappeared. Confused, Poseidon looked around. The big blue stallion found it again, this time a little farther away. As soon as he got close, it went away again. The two followed the sparkle for quite some time and found themselves in a small protected cove. A lone palm tree stood tall and proud in the corner, and the waves lapped gently at the sand at the edges of the cove. Rock walls rose up on all sides except the one they entered in. The sun was setting right in front of them, its reflection sparkling across the rolling ocean.
"Poseidon, this is beautiful!" The girl whispered in awe, slowly jumping down from her mount's back and walking around in her bare feet, feeling the sand. Poseidon had distracted himself with another discovery. The sparkle reappeared again, and it seemed to lead into a cave in the rock wall. He followed it, leaving the girl to scramble after him. The cave opened up after the long, winding tunnel and Poseidon found himself one of the most beautiful things he had ever seen. The small cave was lit up with sparkling gemstones, reflecting with all sorts of lights and colors. A small hole in the middle of the cave was what let the light in, and as the moon rose, it reflected its cold moonlight into the cave. The sparkle lay there in the center of the cave, a small, beautiful sapphire. Poseidon put his nose down and nudged it, but made no move to take it.
The girl had followed and made no sound as she entered the small gemstone cave. Silently she patted Poseidon's shoulder and rubbed his nose.
"Let's go back, Poseidon." She whispered, gently launching herself up on the stallion's back and together they cantered out of the cave, leaving the sparkling gemstones behind.
Thank you.

"Ρ•ΠΌΡ”β„“β„“ Ρ‚Π½Ρ” Ρ•Ρ”Ξ±, Ζ’Ρ”Ρ”β„“ Ρ‚Π½Ρ” Ρ•ΠΊΡƒ, Ξ±Ξ·βˆ‚ β„“Ρ”Ρ‚ уσυя ѕσυℓ Ξ±Ξ·βˆ‚ ѕριяιт Ζ’β„“Ρƒ."

Art is mine, link can be found on my dA: click
Last edited by jesdar16 on Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:46 am, edited 5 times in total.
jesdar16

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me