Re: Bengal Mahogany Bay Splash

Postby Gleib Jelky » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:53 pm

Username: Gleib Jelky
Name: Ευλαλια (Eulalia)
Type: Runner
Height: 106cm
Answer: The Greek word ευλαλος (eulalos) was derived from the words ευ (eu) meaning 'good' and λαλεω (laleo) meaning 'to talk'. The word ευλαλος (eulalos) itself means 'sweetly-speaking'. I feel it fits her because of her gentle and sweet personality along with the fact that she is quite talkative but only to the point of great company rather than annoyance. Her voice itself is a delightful sing-song voice that fits her joyous attitude. Also, the name is melodic on the tongue and just as beautiful as she is.
Brought back from the depths of a long break..
only to clear my account of art and pets though, it was fun CS.

Free Pets/Items : xXx

Free Characters/Art
Fennex Re-Adopt FCFS
Wolf Pup Re-Adopt FCFS
Orphan Jingle Re-Adopt FCFS
Bay Roan Tobero GOS - PM me FCFS
Aquarius Wolf #20 - PM me FCFS
Gleib Jelky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LostGosling » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:10 pm

Username: LostGosling
Name: Ἀχλύς – or Achlys - {(pronounced: "aa-h-l-EE-s" OR "ahk-LOOS")}
Answer: Achlys, a name that I have to admit is a bear to find proper pronunciation for (and I’m still not even sure; so I included both of the ones I found. TuT), is a lovely Greek name with an eerie meaning, and a bit of mythology behind it as well.

A simpler search will reveal that it means "mist", which without explaining myself, the reason I picked it might not be too apparent. But if you delve deeper, the connection I made between the Nukitta and the name soon emerges. Achlys was known as The Eternal Night, and also a female personification of the "Death Mist" that was thought to fall over the eyes just before dying.

Not only do her lovely bengal markings seem to swirl with the same dark, intricate caress that you might come to expect of an eternal darkness, but the white mask over her face could also be symbolic of the same mist that which her name depicts. Perhaps it more closely resembles the harmless mist of the mortal world than it's more ominous counterpart, but nonetheless ties to yet another translation of the name that is simply: "mist over the eyes".
.: -------------- | TH | ---------- | WMEs | ---------- | FR | --------------- :.
.: -------------- | TH | ---------- | WMEs | ---------- | FR | --------------- :.
LostGosling

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lilian Nightshade » Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:07 pm

SnowFlies wrote:Username: SnowFlies
Name: Styx
Answer: Styx (the river of hate), one of the five rivers circling Hades, serves as a barrier separating the world of the living from the dead. I feel that this suits her well as the bengal pattern appears to mimic the ripples of a muddy river, which is what the Styx is believed to be and that it was thought that if a god drank its waters, they would loose their voice for nine years as the water was so foul - in that respect, this dear runner would be mute. But, my favourite aspect that relates to her name is her pale face. That like an expressionless mask, combined with her piercing eyes; it would easily appear as if she was judging you and held a certain distain towards you. However, you may never know her thoughts as she would would be unable to tell you, making it all the more unsettling such as the notion/idea of death, which the river Styx is closely associated to.

Congrats, I absolutely adore the clever way you connected the legend of the River Styx to her character and design. Enjoy your new nukitta and have a happy new year! ^^
.....*Flight Rising*....*Deviantart*.....

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
~
The lone wanderer. So tired, so miserable.
All but a mere shadow of an once vibrant soul.

Cursed by fate, burdened by sorrow.
Sentenced to a life of nothing but loneliness...
It looks like not everyone deserves a happy ending, after all.
~

Lilian Nightshade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SnowFlies » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:57 am

Thank you! And happy new year! ^^