Re: Event Mako Readopt #014

Postby Red weasel » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:49 pm

Username Red weasel

Makoatl name Mayflower, nickname Mae

Makoatl gender female

Favorite Holiday Activity
Mayflower loves baking, and any holiday she can bake for, which for her, is most. Her favorite is Christmas, because she loves gingerbread houses. Once, she attempted to make a four foot tall gingerbread, but filed due to her over size. At Christmas, she also likes making cakes shaped like Christmas tree, with differnt toppings for tree decorations. Of couse she like to out up a tree and decorate that , and she loves giving gifts. You'll often find her baking for parties and such around this time, as she loves social events and sharing the holidays with friends and strangers alike. She celebrates Christmas, but loves to help other during their holidays. Besides baking, she loves playing in the snow.

Halloween is another favorite. Of couse Mae loves carving pumpkins, ad usually cooks with the seeds from the pumpkin. Decorating is a must. She loves bats for decorating. She never, ever buys store bought candy, and always makes it herself. She genrally makes chocolate, as pups like that the most. She sometimes adds caramel or peanutbutter to the center of the chocolate she makes. Besides that, she can make lollipops, and has even bought molds for differnt shapes. She wants to make taffy, but doesn't have the ability or equipment to do that at this time.

Even for Thanksgiving, she loves decorating, this includes making her own scarecrows. Her generosity is shown largely a at this time, as she spends a lot of time cooking for others who need it. Since most of her friends have family they spend the holiday with, she usually spends her holiday with those in need, and with that, ends up having more than one thanksgiving dinner. She also like to take the leaves during fall and use them as some sort of jewelry or decoration.

Mae has fun on Valentine's day, even though she has no sweetheart. She makes candy,ang gives it to her friends, and sometimes strangers. Since she loves baking, she usually makes a cake. Of course, it doesn't have Te a major holiday for her to take up baking, if it's a holiday, she's going to find a way to enjoy it. In August she makes up her own holiday, so that August is such a loney month.

Personality:
Like most Sugar plum faries, she is surely sweet, not in the bubbly and annoying way, but the kind and caring way. She is always to help or stand up for someone in need. Outside of helping people, she tends to be meek, generally not being outgoing unless she feels she has to. She loves baking, and really any form of cooking and can be often found in a kitchen. If not there, she can be found somewhere making art or decorating. Mae sings quit often, and truely good at it. Her general demeanor is happy, even if just to keep others feeling that way. She is genrally easy to get along with, and often acts as though she agrees with people without thinking her positions though as to keep fights from starting. Mae is very middle grounded.

Mayflower can be very Naïve, sometimes helping out the wrong kinds of Makos. Mae sees the good in others, even when there isn't any there. Loud noises scare or startle her, and she has a huge fear of spiders. Her favorite color is pink, and she loves tea. Mae has a problem with voice volume levels, she either talks to loudly, or go quitely, and never in between. Sometimes Mae blurts out questions without explaining the whole context to what she has to say. Her main down fall is just that she really loves all people, and can often be easily fooled, or taken advantage of. The upside to this is that these traits make her a truely loyal friend.
ImageImageImage
Avatar of Kiani by Dragoncool97, Art By Sixbane
Red weasel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luscinia » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:26 am

Good luck, everyone! I saw some super creative ideas! <3
Luscinia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -TheBigBlueBear- » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:50 am

This competition is now officially closed for Judging
If you change your form after this moment you will be disqualified

Please allow me time to judge as I'm still a bit on and off, I hope to have the winners announced as soon as I can
☆ ————————————————— ☆
☆ He/They ll Wife
- Liquidating + Quitting -
C$ + Lists for Custom OCs and Art

☆ ————————————————— ☆
-TheBigBlueBear-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Red weasel » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:41 pm

Good luck everyone, all the finished forms are great!
ImageImageImage
Avatar of Kiani by Dragoncool97, Art By Sixbane
Red weasel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Nani

Postby -TheBigBlueBear- » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:40 pm

Sorry for the delay!
Judging has been completed
-I finished awhile ago and have been too busy to remember to post results Imsosorry-

Thanks to everyone who entered!
I appreciate seeing people apply for competitions including readopt ones c:

Honorable Mentions in this competition go to Lioncourt, Illuminati Dorito, and Red Weasel
You all had great forms, they were pretty and quite descriptive. Overall very fantastic ;v;
I wish I could give you all a mako for your forms however we only have one winner since this is a readopt competition ;v;

And the winner is...
Chestter/Skyes!

Something about your holiday activity really stood out to me. I've never heard of that tradition and if its real that sounds pretty gosh darn fabulous and it was quite unique. So congratulations C:

Thank you all for competing! Have a wonderful day
I hope to see all your faces again ;v; / [In competitions or the fanclub!]

skyes wrote:
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

chestter, owner of one.

Nani, meaning beauty and glory in Hawaiian

Female

Nani's favorite activity is to hand make her very own lei for May Day, or, more commonly in Hawaii, Lei Day. Each island has their very own flower, meaning that they each wear a different lei with that flower. Her isle, Maui, is known for the the lokelani Lei, its color is pink and is sweet scented and very fragile. Making one takes very delicate work and concentration, but it pays off.

Sunlight streamed through the open window and onto Nani's face. Her eyes opened slowly, a smile spreading across her lips. Today was the day, the first of May! She hopped to her feet and quickly gathered the supplies she'd left out the night before. Some string, some beads, and a quick snack for herself. She the items into a backpack and headed off to pick the flowers.
She journeyed into the forest surrounding her home, following an invisible trail she knew by heart. It was a rather long hike to reach the area, so she ate her breakfast as she walked, being mindful of her surroundings. When she finally reached her destination, she stopped and stood still, simply listening to the forest for a moment. It was beautiful and peaceful, the two working together perfectly. She seat her pack down on a bare patch of ground and turned to the wall of flowers before her, the shades of pink and light red popping out in the otherwise green environment. She carefully began picking the flowers, pulling them off at the base of the flower itself. She continued working for some time, placing the picked flowers out of the way so they wouldn't get damaged. She picked one last flower, glancing back at the pile she'd already accumulated. Grinning, she knew it was just enough. She found a seat next to her pack and pulled out the supplies, ready to begin. The process was extremely painstaking, preciseness being the key. So when she started it was with great care.
The first flower was rather easy, but it did take time. The first ones always did, but the process sped up gradually as she continued. Before she even knew it half of the lei was complete, not a single mistake so far. Impressed with her progress she tried to speed it up a bit, but that only resulted in a mistake. And another one. She put the two flowers aside and shook her head to clear it, talling herself to get a grip. She started once more, slowly and steadily working. She did make a few mistakes, but she finished in good time, and she was satisfied with her lei. Standing, she placed the lei around her neck and gathered her things, ready to enjoy May Day.

[385/500]
☆ ————————————————— ☆
☆ He/They ll Wife
- Liquidating + Quitting -
C$ + Lists for Custom OCs and Art

☆ ————————————————— ☆
-TheBigBlueBear-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery