~~ And the rain will kill us all {except for her}

Postby MeltiTheDragon » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:24 am

Username;; Diamondshine101

Name;; Thora Zephyr Hexathel
      Gender;; Female
      Orientation;; Sapio-heteroromantic Sapio-heterosexual [Monogamous]
      Birthdate;; June 20
      Occupation;; Meteorologist

What does this sima do during a thunderstorm?;; The rolling sound of thunder echoed through the old apartment's second story. A few minutes later, an ear-piercing bang split the air. A severe thunderstorm had rolled in and it certainly wouldn't leave for another several hours according to the radar on TWC. Just fifteen minutes ago, the power had gone out. Several candles were lit around the tiny living space. Just one thing was missing from the peaceful abode ; the Sima who lived there.

On the shoulder, a lowered turbo-powered Black Dodge Charger with a long antenna and several weather monitoring devices was pulled over on the shoulder of the nearby interstate with the four-way lights on. It was the spot where the storm was currently the worst. In the car's front seat, sat a dark colored Sima with markings that mirrored the storm that was currently right above her.

"Very dark blue-grey cumulo-nimbus clouds, 2 inches of rain have fallen already with a lot more to come", Thora thought as she scrawled the info in her notebook. The storm-chaser was more than content sitting safely in her car while the thunderstorm raged on outside. She hadn't seen a storm like this in months! Up this far north, summer storms were a rare occurrence. And she was bent on savoring every moment of this, particularly heavy one.

Suddenly, she heard a static sound from her CB on the dashboard. She grabbed the phone-like part of it and held it up to her left ear. A Sima, most likely male, spoke first. "What in the name of God are you doing out here?"

She answered, "I could ask you the same."

"I was trying to beat this blasted storm home, but it got too heavy too fast. I'm assuming the same for you?", the other Sima replied. He was clearly not happy.

"No, I'm here document every minute of the storm. I was here long before the storm ever reached here."

The Sima screamed out of complete shock, "Are you crazy?! A storm like this is no place for a lady like you! Who are you anyways?"

"Thora, official storm-chaser and experienced meteorologist. And you?", she said with a sarcastic chuckle.

"Theridii, the only Sima who has any intelligence whatsoever right now...and my daughter Lumiet is an exception to that."

She growled, "Hey! I've got intelligence! It's not flooding yet, and there's no hail out. I'm perfectly safe. And besides, who's the stupid one who didn't watch the weather before going out?"

There was a long pause in which there was complete silence. Then, like a thunderstorm in it's own right, the two Simas argued for almost half an hour over their CBs. Until one of them, thought of something they hadn't that of before.

"Wait a second! How can there be any reception when we're right in the heart of a severe thunder---"

A loud crack of thunder and lightning cut off Thora's sentence...and her connection to Theridii. "Well, that was one way for that to end.", she thought. Then, she continued doing what she always did during a thunderstorm ; she chased it and savored it, right until the last cloud faded to nothing and the power was restored to the city.

Relationships

-- Theridii Loxodii Hexathel ;; Although their relationship started a bit rocky, it turned friendlier as they kept running into each other. Thora learned to appreciate Theridii's grumpiness, while Theridii finally saw Thora's true intelligence. They started dating and found that some of their interests were very similar. Now, these two are mates, attached at the hip and never to be seperated! [Thoradii rules!]

-- Alisia ;; Three words ; hates her guts. Sorry! Who wouldn't hate the previous wife of her husband?

-- Lumiet Vivia Hexathel ;; She absolutely adores her new daughter. Lumi's spunky, outgoing, and daring nature matches the nature of her new mother almost perfectly. They love to play cloud scavenger hunts on family vacations, much to the annoyance of poor Theridii!

-- Sebastian Osgood Saunders ;; Due to him being her daughter's husband, they get along pretty well with each other. They aren't best buddies or anything, though. Sebby's a bit too relaxed to go out storm-chasing with her!

-- Robin Loxley Saunders ;; Though her grandson is more than a little unusual, she loves him anyways. She likes to teach him all about the weather whenever he visits her house!

-- Akakios ;; They're acquainted with each other, but not close friends. She last saw him at the local grocery store near the meat section. [Of course, he buys his meat with the bones intact.]

-- Melenie ;; Yet again ; acquainted but not really friends quite yet.

-- Loki ;; She hates that little guy, and for a good reason too.

One day, she found Loki's jewel. Upon rubbing it, she got three wishes. The first two were a bit off the mark. Her third wish, was a hailstorm. There had been plenty of thunderstorms recently, but not a single one this season had brought hail. Loki snapped his fingers and granted her wish...sort of. Instead of making a hailstorm appear in the skies, he made the rock band Halestorm appear. After a couple of moments, the band realized that they were no longer practicing at their latest concert venue. Both Thora and Halestorm's band members turned to glare daggers at him. It was more than clear that neither of them were pleased with his little trick.

"That's not what I meant! I wanted an actual hailstorm, not the band! I don't even like Halestorm ; no offense to you guys, it just ain't my kind of music."

Too bad for her, he didn't stay to clean up the mess he made.

Likes wrote:- Rock Music
- Old Movies
- Thunderstorms
- Summer
- Root Beer & Root Beer Floats
- Ice Cream
- Freedom
- Her Chusky Puppy, Haris
Dislikes wrote:- Pop Music
- Stupidity
- Heat
- Dry Season
- Sick Days
- Authority
- Needing Help of Any Kind
- Chickens
Thora's certainly the quirky one in the family. The first thing many notice is her skill in the verbal category. A.k.a. the art of sarcasm. Sometimes it's a good trait, sometimes it's a bad trait. Either way, it's the funny quirk that runs in the family. However, most describe their first impression of her as being a brash, arrogant, vain Sima who takes way too many risks. And they'd be right. Every one of those traits perfectly describes her ; particularly the reckless part. That's what Theridii first thought when they met too.

However, she has her good traits too. She's very intelligent and streetwise, two traits that her family admires her for. To her family and friends, she's one of the most devoted and fiercely loyal Simas you'll ever meet. And she learned something from a very young age ; there's nothing you can't do, as long as you work hard enough. She goes by that saying every day of her life. After all, life's too short. She may as well enjoy the time she has on Earth while she still has it. It's that fearless and hard-working spirit of hers that inspires others to shoot for the stars [Thora;; Not literally, you nit wit!].

Favorites wrote:Colors-- Dark Purple and Neon Blue
Food-- Crumb Cake
Drink-- Root Beer Floats
Music Genre-- Hard Rock
Movie-- Rocky Horror
TV Show-- Strangest Weather on Earth
Board Game-- Monopoly
Video Game-- Guitar Hero : Metallica

Quirks wrote:-Ears Flop to the Sides when Confused
-Jewel Flickers when Very Excited
Health Status wrote:Mental - No Issues
Physical - No Issues

(C) - Rewind, Ittam, and Ember
Melti The Dragon
✚✚✚Autistic
✚✚✚Furry
✚✚✚Artist, Musician, Improv Comedian

If I've forgotten something, feel free to give me a little nudge!

I'm a Moderator for PS Adoptables! <3 Check them out! >>
Also, if you do decided to check it out, please consider noting I referred you!

Other Sites I'm On
{ Deviantart } ✚ { Furaffinity } ✚ { Toyhou.se }
{ Art Fight } ✚ { Refsheet } ✚ { Aywas }
Tracker Pages
{ Cascadeclan } ✚ { Sosna Gora } ✚ { Kingdom of Thorns }
{ Lucentclan } ✚ { Hlien Fuléao-anisth } ✚ { Sunset Bridge Business }

✚✚✚Formerly Known as Diamondshine101
    [C] - GreenGummies (sig art), sweathie (avatar)
MeltiTheDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Sima #487

Postby fairy king » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:07 am

-closed for judging-
fairy king

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fairy king » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:34 am

hhh, I had such a hard time judging this one, you have no idea.
But after probably way too long, I've decided that this sima will go to Diamondshine101, congrats!
And Glispa, since I had such a hard time choosing between you & Diamondshine101, I'd be happy to make you a runner up! Just PM me about it.
fairy king

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Glispa » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:09 am

Congrats Diamond and you are free to use that art I made if you feel it applies to your character, the gif will however be free to use for anyone as long as credit is given for such.
━━⦗ ⦘━━━━━━
┏━━━━━━━━━━┓
I'm a weird yet friendly
guy who doesn't have
much to any clue as to
what he's doing. So be
patient with me please

┗━━━━━━━━━━┛
━━━━━⦗ ⦘━━━

━━━━━━⦗ ⦘━━━
┏━━━━━━━━━━┓
I n t e r e s t s
*Sonic the hedgehog
Undertale
*Crocheting
*Drawing

┗━━━━━━━━━━┛
━━━⦗ ⦘━━━━━

━━ do you think ━━━
even the worst person can change...?
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
━━━⦗ Da | Characters | tumblr ⦘━━━━

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
━━━⦗ ⦘━⦗ ⦘━⦗ ⦘━⦗ ⦘━━━━
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
that everyone can be a good person,
━━ if they just try? ━━
Glispa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MeltiTheDragon » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:27 am

Thank you so much, Phobia! :mrgreen: I've literally been jumping around telling everyone in the house that I won her ; I've even gotten some high fives from my family. I'll take really good care of her.

Congrats on the RU, Glispa!

One thing, though -- could I please be added?
Melti The Dragon
✚✚✚Autistic
✚✚✚Furry
✚✚✚Artist, Musician, Improv Comedian

If I've forgotten something, feel free to give me a little nudge!

I'm a Moderator for PS Adoptables! <3 Check them out! >>
Also, if you do decided to check it out, please consider noting I referred you!

Other Sites I'm On
{ Deviantart } ✚ { Furaffinity } ✚ { Toyhou.se }
{ Art Fight } ✚ { Refsheet } ✚ { Aywas }
Tracker Pages
{ Cascadeclan } ✚ { Sosna Gora } ✚ { Kingdom of Thorns }
{ Lucentclan } ✚ { Hlien Fuléao-anisth } ✚ { Sunset Bridge Business }

✚✚✚Formerly Known as Diamondshine101
    [C] - GreenGummies (sig art), sweathie (avatar)
MeltiTheDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me