I believe there are beautiful things seen by the astronauts

The indications revealed
(Wake me if you're out there)
That few of us realize life is quite surreal
So if you're dying to see
I guarantee there are angels around your vicinity
So if you're dying to see
I guarantee there are angels around your vicinity

This girl is named Amelie, a french version of the more common Amelia.

Amelie was simply a name that her parents fell in love with; there is no special meaning behind it that suits her. Amelie means simply, "work"; which has no correlation to this little kiamara. Her middle name is Antoinette, meaning "beyond praise", though it is hardly used.

Amelie doesn't have any nicknames; she didn't find any suitable names pulled out of "Amelie". However, some kiamaras may accidentally call her Amelia or Emily, and she will respond to those names as well. She is sure you could pull nicknames out of Amelie; however, Amelie is satisfied with her full name.

If you could not tell from the name Amelie: she is definitely female.

{ shy; never sure of what to say; curious; "PPS"; easily embarrassed; quite childish }

{ Amelie }

PPS is a curious syndrome, both in the aspects that it is not understandable as well as how it seems to leave most of these "forever young" children with a blazing curiosity.

Amelie is indeed "forever young", though not in the immature, joking way that most PPS kiamaras end up being. Amelie is stuck in the mind of a younger child, and one who happens to not have learned, nor probably ever will, how to communicate effectively with others.

She can communicate, of course, but she finds it hard for herself to hold a conversation, both facts being her ineptitude towards conversations, along with her short attention span.

Unlike most kiamaras, her PPS does bother her. She doesn't want to be young forever; she would rather grow up, and earn her feathers, and love. If she were given one chance, she would choose to grow up. She's always a little childish at heart, but she would rather make the choice to be young than be kept young forever. It's one of the things that really bothers her.

Correct, much like her name, Amelie herself is french. Amelie's family is very rich in their French heritage, and so Amelie grew up surrounded by French things, and by coincidence, ended up learning a bit of French herself. Her French does not go much past formalities such as, "Hello," or, "How are you," since she's not able to learn languages easily. She's still trying to learn French however; it's one of her goals to become fluent, or at least good at speaking it.

The cold of the window was a shock to Amelie, who nestled further into the warm blankets that surrounded her. The window threatened to glaze over with frost; though, it would match the snow-covered garden outside.

The grounds below were covered with patches of powdery snow, and the places that weren't clouded over by the white shine of the snow showed flowers and plants of all colours and shapes. This garden spread across most of the land her family owned; her mother cared for all of the plants carefully.

The small town Amelie lived in had been covered in snow and cold breezes overnight; not that Amelie cared. The snow was almost eerie, with it's shine casting a supernatural glaze over the town. Amelie smiled, and shut the book in her hands.

It was old, and Amelie couldn't read it that well. It was written in French; and it was a birthday present from her parents a week ago, on the 5th of November, also known as her birthday. The stories interested Amelie, since she had always had an interest in paranormal things (though they tended to scare her).

Placing the book aside, and tugging the blue-green curtains closer to use as a temporary bookmark, she closed the old, tattered book and pulled her thick, blue blanket closer to her small body.

It didn't help that she tended to dress too light for the weather; her sleeves only came halfway down her arms, and the short, lacy skirt ended at about her knees. Her mother would complain, she thought, as she turned to her wardrobe and pulled out a soft, blue pea coat that was almost the exact same shade as the blanket that had been previously drawn around her.

Pushing the long sleeves away from her hands, per her tradition, she left her strangely-empty bedroom and began to walk down the long hallway that connected her room with the staircase.

She passed empty rooms; she hoped she would see someone come out of them; perhaps her parents to exclaim that she had a sibling she did not know about, as she hoped, or even one of her few friends. No one came out to greet her, however, as she moved on to the larger room with the staircase.

It spiraled down to meet the first floor, and Amelie stepped onto it, stepping down the stairs and grimacing as the cold wood came in contact with her bare feet. Quickly, she came closer to the ground floor, and leaped down the last two steps, almost resulting in an, obviously graceful, fall.

The downstairs area seemed almost abandoned, tying into the rest of the large house. It was only Amelie, her mother, and father living here, but the house could fit at least a dozen more kiamara. It always seemed empty, and strange; almost creepy, at times, when the floors creak with your every step.

Abandoning the thought, she turned to the door that led outside to the garden. The doorknob was bitterly cold, and she paused to ready herself for the cold of the outside.

She opened the door, and the natural light flickered into the house from behind the thin clouds. The garden was as beautiful as ever; maybe even more so, having being adorned with glistening snow. Amelie's hands fumbled carelessly with her hair, pinning it into a sloppy bun at the top of her head, to avoid the winds from whipping it across her face. A few strands still hung, framing her face, and swaying carelessly with the breeze.

Amelie hopped onto the rough, stone border that separated the flowerbeds from the pathways that stemmed and flowed past the flowers and plants. Her hands steadied her as she walked carefully from one stone to the other, not quite sure where she was going.

The flowers to her right bloomed a bright, brilliant blue. Amelie stopped, and turned to face the tiny flowers. They swayed against the brittle breeze, and their petals glistened with the pale reflection of the white snow surrounding them. Amelie was reminded of something.

A poem popped into her mind.

"She taught me two things,
‘Ignorance and Beautiful.'"
-Sanjeev Kumar
ImageImage

══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
anthro wrote: When anthro, she appears to be around the age of seven or eight.

Her dress varies quite a bit; she always tends to dress a bit light in the colder
weather, though. Her outfits are usually brightly coloured, and a bit feminine. She
has a fondness of lace and skirts above all else. She can hardly be found with shoes on.

Her motto for jewelry: the more, the better. To make up for her lack of feathers,
she often finds little charms or keepsakes she can hang in the places an adult's
feathers would go. She even has a little, crude metal feather she made, though
she doesn't let anyone see it, and she knows better than to wear it.

Amelie is left-handed; scientifically proven to be a sign of a person, or kiamara,
with a greater and more expansive creativity level. However, she likes to
pretend that she's ambidextrous, and can often be found attempting to write
or draw with her right hand.

Her voice is soft, and childish, from her PPS syndrome, and it's tinted with a
light, but fairly obvious, french accent. She has trouble pronouncing her "H"s.
quad wrote: When in her quad form, she is exactly what you would
expect a PPS kiamara to be: she is just like a normal kiamara,except a bit smaller than the average child.

Her fur tends to stick up in various places, in her
mane especially, though almost she has fur sticking
up from almost every place; it's usually from playing
and messing her fur up.

Amelie also tends to hang charms from her tail;
more charms are hung from her tail in her quad form,
since she has less places to hang her charms from.
other art wrote:x by Cobweb.
x by Cobweb.
x by Cobweb.

══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
ImageImageImage

Amelie, like many other small children, has interests in many different things. They can vary day-to-day, as well, since she tends to have a shorter attention span than adult kiamaras.

Some of her likes have been influenced by her culture, such as her fondness of the french language, escargot, and her french accent. Other things are simply her personality, such as her liking brighter colours, including her fur colours, and being little. This would also include her fondness of being around others, and especially her family and friends. She has been exposed to other things that she likes, such as warmer weather, her family's studious behavior, or books and stories about the paranormal (specifically ghosts).

Her dislikes come from both exposure and not being around the thing. For example, Amelie has been exposed to people remarking on her PPS syndrome, and she's not fond of it. She has also been exposed to loud music or sounds, and does not fancy the distractions. Another thing she is not fond of are people who make her feel flustered.

On the other hand, she doesn't like some things because she hasn't been exposed to them. An example of this would be her not being exposed to colder weather, or words that need an "H" pronounced, or a kiamara won't understand it.

Phobia:
noun, an extreme or irrational fear of or aversion to something

Amelie fears two things more than anything else: storms, and being alone. She wouldn't categorize them under phobias, since she feels her fears are rational, but she is afraid of them.

For being alone, Amelie just hates solitude. She likes to feel that there's someone there; even if there's no communication between them. Amelie likes being around others, which is why she dislikes the large and empty feeling of her house. It's also the reason she's come to believe in ghosts-- she thinks having a ghost around would be better than having no one around.

And storms, she just dislikes them. They're loud, and bright, and dark, and contrasting. She also dislikes them because they cover up the sky, and especially at night, since she often reads stories about constellations and tries to pinpoint them herself.

Amelie isn't afraid of things that most children are afraid of, though: monsters, the dark, and spiders. Those things are fine with her.

But solitude. She's terrified of solitude.

quirks wrote:
Amelie tends to stick one ear up while keeping the other
down; it usually gives her a rather comical look.

Because of her exposure to the language, she will
slip into a bit of (elementary) French, though she often gets caught
up on words and frustrated because of her lack in vocabulary.

When she blushes, it's never just a slight tinge in
her fur... she always blushes heavily.

She tends to collect things, out of a habit of just
gathering up little keepsakes; she likes jewels, charms, or shiny
things, and mainly things that she can hang from herself.

She tends to try too hard to say her "H"s,
and they end up sounding very harsh.
birth information wrote:
She was born on November 5th.

Her zodiac sign is Scorpio.

Scorpios tend to be very curious, and ask many questions, just like Amelie. Another sign characteristic that Amelie has is the tendency to be stubborn and determined, in many things she does, but especially with her decisions. She shares almost all of the Scorpio characteristics.

The one characteristic she does not share, however, is one of the main ones of Scorpio: secrecy. She isn't ever secret, but in fact tends to be the opposite of secret; she doesn't mind stating her mind or feelings. She even sometimes goes overboard with her non-secrecy, and may hurt or embarrass someone else (without meaning to, of course).
Amelie was born, and lives, in a small town in northern France, known as Brioude.

family matters

mother
    Her mother is very elegant, but also sweet. She tends to get along with Amelie better than Amelie and her father, though she is quite busy and may tend to ignore Amelie for many days. Still, her mother is kind to Amelie, and has taught her many things; specifically things about elegance and beauty, though about other things as well. Her mother tends to flutter around from place to place, and never stays still. She always seems to have something to do.

father
    Amelie's father is more isolated from Amelie than anything else. As a result, Amelie doesn't know much about her father; not that she minds, of course. She knows that he is busy, with whatever he tends to be doing. Amelie's father is more grim and down-to-earth than her mother, and he is often a pessimist. However, his attitude hasn't effected Amelie much, since she is hardly around him.

siblings?
    Amelie has always been an only child, and will forever continue to be one, though she does want siblings.

"And  if  I  were  to  look  up,  would  you  be  there?

or  would  you  be  imaginary?"
Last edited by etheraus on Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:11 am, edited 25 times in total.

hi! you can call me ether! she/her
infp, true neutral, gemini, bisexual ♥

if you're reading this.... we r friends
now. sorry i don't make the rules

icon by finch.
etheraus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Staff Litter Kiamara 8 - Lady Masquerade

Postby SukarettoYanagi » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:49 pm

So perfect Lady. He's adorbs! ;3;

Name
Lore
Art
Personality
Book Worm: Soft Spoken: Socially Awkward: Frightened: No Courage: Loyal
Lore is very book-ish and quiet; he doesn't make friend's well either. He is very socially awkward and kind of freezes up when others speak to him. He can be kind, but is often times cold and distant. He doesn't appreciate being tossed into conversation, nor does he like confrontation. Being tense and jump isn't very good for him either, and he is constantly with an air of nervousness about him.
Lore jumps at just about every rustle of a leaf, his mind so filled with ideas and such imagination that he is caused to fear it, thinking that it could be something there to get him. Horror and mysteries and detective books seem to be his favorite, though he doesn't really care what kind of book it is. To him, they're all grand.
His odd and deep fears range from the common fear of the dark to the oddest of toilet paper rolls taking over the world. Though he does like the simple childish things such as chasing butterflies and catching frogs ans such. He's always wanted to go fishing, but he's afraid he'll get hooked. Fear run deep within him, and he isn't really sure how to face it or handle it. He simply tries to run from it.
Lore is also very loyal, if you can get past his walls. If he had the courage, he'd try to fight your fights for him, but he doesn't, which only pushes him further away from wanting friends. So if you're really determined to become his friend, be patient with him.

Story
WiP

6/10/13
My cat died in my arms.
Rest in peace, baby girl.

The World
Moonrats

When the dead have something to say,
not even time can shut them up.

Sometimes good things fall apart
so better things can fall together.
-Merilyn Monroe
SukarettoYanagi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tempest Rain » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:51 pm

Adorable ;;
Last edited by Tempest Rain on Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tempest Rain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kibbleeCat » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:23 pm

I'm sorry I just have to try uvu

Reserved with the name Jacob <3
Last edited by kibbleeCat on Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kibbleeCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby prismatic » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:23 pm

goodluck everyone! <3
Last edited by prismatic on Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
prismatic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby siennacereal » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:47 pm

Username:
Name:
Nickname(s):
Art:
Last edited by siennacereal on Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
XXXXXXXXXart by ;; Purrfectpal
?
?
?
?
?
?

My Kalons

----------

Commissions ;;

here
siennacereal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Valute » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:28 pm

Doveheart

Tangaroa (tan-gah-row-ah)
Though she prefers to go by Tan as she thinks her name is overly girly and dislikes that about it; mainly because it is a poor reflection of her personality.

Female

Extravagant ~ Outgoing ~ Friendly ~ Hyper ~ Tomboy-ish
WIP

WIP
Last edited by Valute on Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:08 pm, edited 8 times in total.
The Other Art Gallery - link - link - link
Valute

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RenaiRoa » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:27 pm

Reserve with the name Pumpkin <3

- ════════════════ - ❉ - ════════════════ -

RenaiRoa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fantasy Inc. » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:44 pm

Dropping out... no time due to school :(
Making some gift art though!
Last edited by Fantasy Inc. on Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:07 am, edited 4 times in total.

I've been gone for a very long time...

Always looking for commissions, collabs, art trades and private rps

Send me a message if you feel like it :>
Fantasy Inc.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Brandy ; Staff Kiamara 8 ; Lady Masquerade

Postby theo, » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:41 pm

SomethingSomethingSomething
. princess . of . the . world .
SomethingSomethingSomething
h e x e s
♡ #1c1816
♡ #de7423
♡ #fcda72
♡ #5ae6a7

Brandy ; Getting to know her.
    Name ; Brandy
    Meaning ; 'a strong alcoholic spirit distilled from wine or fermented fruit juice.'
    Gender ; Female
    Age + D.o.B ; 7, October 31st 2006, 9:43 pm.

Personality ; It's what's on the inside that counts.
    Brandy is not the most friendliest Kiamara. She views herself as higher than others, like a princess. It takes a lot to befriend her, preferably with tiaras, gems and other shinies! She isn't very talkative either. Once you do own her trust, she expects you to be there for her, watch out for her, and generally be a good friend. If you are, she'll do the same.
Last edited by theo, on Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
theo,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me