{ I'VE TURNED INTO A MONSTER... }

Postby yeentei » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:14 pm

EVERYONE NEEDS A NAME...
...RIGHT?

His name is Monster. Previously, when he was a child, his name was Charcoal. But, when he got his mask, he changed his name to Monster. He thought Charcoal was a gentle name, so he changed it to a more 'powerful' one. Another reason for this being his name is because of his theme song - Monster by Imagine Dragons. It suits him and his personality perfectly.

MALE OR FEMALE...?

Monster is a male. It would be best for you to believe this, since I don't think you would like to check.He hates being called a female, and if someone did call him female then he would growl at them, then not talk to them for a while.

IS THERE A REASON BEHIND
THE UNUSUAL ACCESSORIES...?

Monster has always had them. He is very fond of them, and would never let anyone touch them. I'll just tell you the story.

A flash of a flame-coloured pelt whisked through the trees. The only light there was the light of the stars, it was the middle of the night. As it leaped out of the bushes, it appeared to be a small, young Jellybean Dragon. His heavy breathing echoed, since the forest was pretty empty. Screeching erupted from behind him. He was being chased. Fear washed over him as he struggled to keep running. His fur was fluffed up with fear. But wait.. This wasn't any old bean... it was a younger version of Monster. He was hard to recognize because he didn't have his accessories on, so it was hard to believe it was even him. Monster's eyes were wild and wide - he was terrified, his heart pounded like mad. The small canine-like animal could hear the creature that was chasing him's paw steps racing behind him. Monster spun his head around, still running. He could make out the shape of a wolf-like creature in the shadows. On it's face was a bone mask, and it had string wrapped around its tail, another skull tied around it. Feather's studded his head like a lion's mane.

I can't run anymore, Monster whispered to himself. I have no choice but to turn and fight. With that, he threw all four paws into the ground, and stopped with a thump. Dust clouded around him. Not only had he stopped, but the creature chasing him had, too. The creature's slow breathing betrayed no fear; yet a bloodthirsty smile stretched from ear to ear. Monster tensed. Blood roared in his ears, terror flickering in his eyes. But the creature didn't do anything, yet spoke in a slightly muted voice,
"Why, hello there, young child.." it rasped. "And who might you be?"
"M-my name's Charcoal." Monster whispered, fear bubbling in his voice. This must've been when he was named Charcoal.

The creature nodded, though the scary look still ruled it's expression. Monster sat down. Just as he thought that this creature was alright, it leaped at him. Claws raked his pelt, yet his long fur prevented any major injuries. Leaping backwards, Monster managed to dodge a blow from it's claws. He smirked. He was quick - the creature was slow. Monster just had to wait for the right moment to strike. Rearing up on his front paws, he managed to kick out his hind legs at the strange, lion-like creature. With a yowl of pain, anger powered it to strike. Ducking, Monster swished his long tail under it's paws, knocking it over. It struggled to get up. Just as it got to it's paws again, Monster slashed his paw across it's face. The mask flew off, clattering on the floor. It's face was plain black now, except it's silver glowing eyes. They were half closed, before it gave a mighty sigh and collapsed.

Victory went to Monster. Trotting over to his defeated enemy, Monster untangled the string and bones from it's tail and tied them around his paws, and tail. His fear had turned to an evil smirk, pride glimmering in his eyes. He whisked up the large skull that was previously on his attacker's face, and put it on his own.

"My name is no longer Charcoal," he yowled. "I have learned a lesson. Fear does nothing, yet the feeling of power cannot be explained. I don't want a soft, weak name anymore. My name, from now on, is Monster." He looked down at the defeated creature, resting a paw on it's lifeless body. Your life belongs to me now, he thought. I won.

Monster feels that these accessories make him more 'powerful'. Younger beans don't go near him as much, and teenagers wouldn't dare to laugh at him.

TWO SECRETS IS ENOUGH...
...TREASURE WHAT YOU KNOW

1 ~ If you touched Monster's face, he wouldn't feel it. He doesn't have many muscles or nerves on his face, because the mask was pretty tight. You'd have to punch his face in for it to hurt as much as it would pinching his face. He wouldn't react if you slapped him.

2 ~ Monster is very, very sensitive. He would turn around at any noise, and when he does, his eyes turn to slits, like a snake's eye. His eyes would widen, too. He has really sensitive hearing, Monster could hear silent whispers. He was born like this, it isn't a power or anything. He wouldn't back down from a fight, though.

I am very sorry, berk, but i could not get any art done. I am trying to get some, i am so so sorry! i did attempt some art, which i actually liked, but i lost it. :c i would have done 100s of pieces of art for this bean if i could.

reserved ;u;

underlined = work in progress
italic = still thinking about it
striked = done

Name: Monster
Reasoning Behind Accessories:

One thing no one else knows except this bean:
One thing no one else knows about this bean:
Art (optional):
Last edited by yeentei on Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:54 am, edited 16 times in total.

yeen - he/they, adult
i haven't been active here for a hot minute
art by spark-platinum
yeentei

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: JBD # 595

Postby Mimi-911 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:18 pm

Marking, for the purpose of finding it later. I'll be helping a friend out c;
account is inactive; occasionally checked by a friend.

If you wish to contact the owner of this account, you can try her tumblr or deviantart
Mimi-911

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby solo. » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:57 pm

As much as I love this bean, I'm going to help a friend ;u;
Last edited by solo. on Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
solo.
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dinkleberg » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:59 pm

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

name;; phoenix.
    gender;; male.
    reasoning behind accessories;; he was disfigured as a child, in a fire. this is why he is called phoenix.
    one thing no-one else knows except this bean;; the meaning of life. he learned of this when he was afraid in the fire.
    one thing no-one else knows about this bean;;
his disfiguring accident. he doesn't like to tell people, as he has been bullied because of it.
Last edited by dinkleberg on Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
    why the hell would i still be on here

fight me
i'm lion
dA -

dinkleberg

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kawartsii » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:18 pm

═══════════════════════

Could a body close the mind out
Stitch a seam across the eye
If you can be good, you'll live forever
If you're bad, you'll die when you die

Hearing only one true note
On the one and only sound
Unzip my body
Take my heart out

{ x }

═══════════════════════

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

══════════════════════════

══════════════════════════

↘↘ learn her story...

UMBER
female | feminine | ♀
originally a french origin name that is shared with both
genders, meaning "shade"

Oh, she's as pretty as a flower

behind the accessories;;
    neck string
    Carried on from the traditions of her families culture, a thin piece of string must be worn to represent to generations of Umber's 'leaders' that have been passed down since the beginning of the ice-age. These strings a attached to the numerous amounts of others, counting up each and everyone of them. If you look closely, the string has been been written in fine ink of the word of a spirit that has been contributed by the ancestors of the sun and moon. These strings have been known to lie against the will of the current bean who wears them, creating life that will hold with this bean. But, the string does get old and worn-out in the past years, soon losing the necklace's spirit. A story has been told that when the necklace fades, it has been known that the spirit has been released, no longer to be among the life of the bean who wears these strings and to be known as a "bad sign", meaning that that similar word would soon mean something towards their future.
    When a the bean dies, it is passed onto the next bean in line. In which case, Umber has been given the gift of these amazing spirits from her father.

bird foot & skull
    One day, a single piece of string feel of the neck of Umber. Unreasonably, Umber laughed at the sign. Of course, she didn't believe that such a thing would became a 'bad sign' to her connection towards her ancestors with the 'silly' little string. Although, she didn't know that the string had the word of trouble. Umber didn't care about what 'trouble' would lie ahead for her. But, an elder of the tribe feared greatly of her attitude towards this sign, telling of the bad luck that will hold within her.

Bad dreams filled the thin air. Umber felt the coldness that slowly rushed through her paw pads with every step she took. Darkness swept around her, as a thick cloud of black surrounded her. The burst of a sudden crow's call screeched around her. She ran faster, trying to get away from the sound, but the flutter of the birds came closer and closer. The crow swooped down form above, making her fall against the cold stone floors. A few heartbeats past, when she looked up, as the bird was swooping down, for the second time. The crow's eyes glared up a furious colours of blue, blurring as it gained speed. With a sudden reaction, Umber closed her eyes and stretched out her paw, with her claws out. A breeze brushed quickly against her paws at the crow disappeared in the air. She opened one eye to peek, while she laughed slightly of the disappearance of the 'foul' creature. That was until she noticed a small crow skull was attached to her wrist and also having the attachment of the crow's foot. She looked closer at the string that was attaching the items, reading "trouble". Desperately, she tried to pull it off. As she cursed into the night, the thick clouds of darkness drew closer, sending her into a deep sleep.

Jolting up, she opened her eyes to realise that the items were still attched around her fur. Causing slight noise of dessperantion, she woke a few of the other beans, a few shocked to see her struggling this "thing". Gasps flooded the area as the beans were bewilded with this sign. The elder predicted that she is just become a bad luck to all of the others. Umber flarred up, cursing everyone with this 'new' attitude.
    With that she ran away from her tribe, but taking the strings and acessories with her to remind herself to never return to her past.

skull mask
    The market was crowed with life. Beans moving back and forth, never stopping. Never stopping such the bean that was posessed with such disgraceful things, attached to them. From time to time, they glanced narrow looks across Umber, but all she could see was hostility and disgust in their eyes as they held their heads up high, and kept moving on. It was all till one day, Umber was quite... peckish. A single market stand for fresh bread had floated it's warm and delicious smells across the market. Umber's stomach rumbled with pleasure, as she padded up to the stand to look at the loafs of beard. She whipped her head around from side to side. She had done this quite a while now, so it had really become a skill. She crawled up to the stand, ready to grab whatever her mouth could carry, when abruptly, a paw prodded her. She jumped up as she realized an old bean had seen what she was about to do. She was even more surprised to find that the old bean had started to talk to her, not finding her "weird" at all. While chatting, the old bean want up to the stand, and with a coin she bought a warm loaf of bread. Umber slung down onto the ground. The old bean slowly padded up to her. Umber hadn't notice, but the bean carried a backpack, attached with colorful and unique masks. The bean looked into Umber's eyes for a few moments, then smiled. "Would you like to buy a mask?" The old bean offered. But, Umber simply didn't have anything to replay the bean. The old bean could tell her hurt in her eyes. Umber would love one, since she would want something to hide her identity from the world. Umber hesitated for a few moments, but shook her head and hung it for a while. A cold, smooth object touched Umber's fur, wrapping firmly around her face. The old lady had placed some sort of mask around her face. Umber refused to take it with no repayment, but the old bean just shook it's head and smiled while tossing her the loaf of bread and walking away, slipping back among the crowd.

untold secrets;;
    one thing no one else knows except this bean
    No one knows about her past. Not where she came from, where she was born or grew up, even how she ended up here... nothing. When someone will ask about her past, she will tend to avoid the question, or snap back at you. The only thing the few beans know about her, was when she suddenly walked into the community, making herself at home. Although she is quite lough, sometimes a bit weird, no one knows where she came from. That is something no one will ever know, except what secrets lie with Umber.

one thing no one else knows about this bean
    During her time in the markets, she had come of the obsession of Voodoo dolls. While her time there, she had come across of a backstreet ally. Curiosity flowed over her as she decided to take a 'little' look. Green gas flowed out of the pipes as she crept further and deeper into the dark. Slowly, a rather small stand came into her vision. The stand was filled with things Umber had never seen in her life. Necklaces, hats, masks of all sorts where hanging from one place to another. A voice came behind her. She jumped to see, quite a rather skinny but tall bean pop out of the shadows. His hat was filled with brim feathers of all sorts. He looked at Umber with humor in his eyes. He explained that she had taken great interest in his stand, brought here by her curiosity; something such a bean like her wouldn't do. She listen carefully with his words. While his talking, Umber soon gazed upon a small figure of a doll, shaped into a dragon. He followed her gaze and told her about the spirits of the "voodoo". With this, he kindly gave it to her, as a small gift.
    Umber now keeps this doll in her pouch. She is aware of what it can do, but tends not to use it for that particular purpose. She only brings it out when she is by herself, which no bean knows about.

art;;
    xxx - by Me
    xxx - by Me
    xxx - by Me
    xxx - by Me
    Art header, also by me.
Last edited by Kawartsii on Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:14 pm, edited 14 times in total.
leaving cs as I don't come on here as much as I used too. might come on irregularly to check things, but yeah, I'm probs not gonna return to this place anymore. If you'd like to contact me or interested in my art, check out my da
catch ya later
Kawartsii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yipp_Trip » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:00 pm

Name: Damien
Reasoning Behind Accessories:
One thing no one else knows except this bean: We are all made from broken parts. and we were all broken from the start, But some of us are still missing pieces from our hearts.
One thing no one else knows about this bean:
Art (optional):
Last edited by Yipp_Trip on Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:15 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Yipp_Trip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .holly999. » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:01 pm

Name: Witch Doctor
Reasoning Behind Accessories: WIP
One thing no one else knows except this bean: WIP
One thing no one else knows about this bean: WIP
Art (optional): WIP
.holly999.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arabianwolflove » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:23 pm

god! Berk!

Arabianwolflove

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Musicart » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:18 pm

Name: Falo (A mix of solo and flame which are two of his nicknames)

Reasoning Behind Accessories: He wheres the skull to please his ancestors and for good luck when hunting (He never takes it off)
The small skull he has was from his first successful hunt. The extra string is used for utilities like making tools or weapons

One thing no one else knows except this bean: He has a scar on his right eye from a sword fish fight

One thing no one else knows about this bean: He once fought a shark and won

His Story

Falo's first memory was waking up on his island in a bed of palm leaves.

He was confused and had no idea where he was. He was hungry and cold and alone. He was not aware of his origin or who he was. He started to learn to hunt insects and gather fruits but was not very efficient at it. He decided one day to make some tools using string and palm wood. It worked very well for him. With his tools he was able to hunt his first larger animal, a rat. He became smarter and stronger on his island and became a skilled crafter; he even learned to breath fire.

One night he decided to go walk by the local volcano. He sensed something wrong in the world but was not sure what it was. He saw a hurricane coming his way and became very scared because he thought it was an evil force trying to destroy his home. He decided to hurry back to "defend" what was his own. He yelled at the storm to go away. He threw spears at it but it got darker and kept coming. He never attacked storms before but he felt something very wrong with this one. All the sudden a glow from the storm showed a dark figure with a nasty grin on its face. It started to pour on the island. The volcano on the island started to smoke and the island started shaking. He was scared and knew something terrible was going to happen.
He was then shot full of lighting; he blacked out from the lighting.

He woke up in a cloud land where four figures approached him. They told him that he was going to build a great nation if he kept the lava flowing on the island. Ever since that encounter he has "kept the fire moving" By sacrificing animals everyday to the volcano while chanting for to please the gods he encountered.

Art (optional):Image
Last edited by Musicart on Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:57 pm, edited 8 times in total.
wont be on often due to lost intrest in CS, but ill still be on for pseudodragons and such
Musicart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pi. » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:24 pm

This looks awesome! Great design Berkshire ovo
ImageImage