Re: Popcorn- Readopt

Postby stoatkiss » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:47 am

Name:
Popcorn
I decided to keep the old name, as I think it fits him. He looks a lot like the buttery popcorn you get at a fair!
Short Personality:
Popcorn, while he is usually calm and great with kids, has a jumpy, paranoid side, which usually comes out in the dark. He jumps at small noises and shadows, and hates sneezing. However, he loves his mate and two beans, and
Favorite season:
Spring!
Popcorn has several reasons for loving the season spring:
1)- The Spring Fling! It's where he met Qui, and he thinks it's fun.
2)- Flowers - He loves seeing and smelling everything that's in bloom around this time of year, especially fragrant rose and tulip blossoms.
3)- something else here!

HUGE WIP
stoatkiss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .The Bootless Box. » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:54 am

[ name ]

Popcorn
    I wouldn't change it it's perfect for him, plus his children and mate already know him as that, it would feel wrong to change it.

[ short personality ]

He is a spunky happy Jelly bean. I've never been drawn to try for many a Jelly bean but one look at him and my day suddenly didn't seem as boring. He tends to want to make everyone laugh and talks a lot. He knows how to be sweet, serious, and a gentlemen when it counts. He always is there for his family and loves Qui very much. He wouldn't trade a moment with her or his precious children for anything in the world. He loves to play with his children and wants many, he always wanted a big family. He's a pretty family oriented male. He protects them with all his heart too. He's smart and likes to play tricks on his enemies, although those are far and few between.

[ favorite season]

Winter,
    He loves the snowflakes, and snowball fights. While most see winter as cold and dull he sees it as the greatest time for fun and games. He loves the hot chocolate with marshmellows and the popcorn with movies in front of the fireplace, and of course sledding, snowball fights, christmas, and things like that.

[ -Extras- ]

[ reasons why I want him ]

#1- He's absolutely amazing! I've seen many other JBD's that grabbed my attention but none connected with me like he did. He's everything I've wanted in a JBD. Light eyes, blue in the design, and simple enough for me to draw! He fits each of my dream JBD aspects.

#2- He has a family and has been mistreated before (right? Otherwise he wouldn't be up for re-adoption? If Not I'm terribly sorry..), I was mistreated in many was for 12 and half years of my life. I understand why he must be hurt, maybe angry, and probably cautious towards us humans now. I was too, and my step-mom/guardian is the one helping me the most in learning to trust myself and others again. After a while he probably thought what did I do wrong which makes you not trust yourself very well. So I would like to make it my mission to see him in a happy home again. I never had much of a family growing up so I love to have characters who have others who are family they can rely on.

#3- He'd be my first JBD. I'm sure you guys get that a lot, you artist and judges and whatnot, but this is only a small reason for my wanting him. He would be very welcome and I believe he would be very inspiring to have as a character. He's one I'm dying to make art of but I can't. I don't have internet and I only get 2 hours on my friend's computer everyday for now. So until I get internet and go home, I'm at camp, I won't have my tablet or internet. I'm mostly editing this from my phone.

[ important information ]

Nickname(s)- Dad, Pop, Popi, Corn, Corny "I do prefer Popi or Pop. Though my children should call me Dad"
    Gender- Male "No offense, but are you blind?"
    Age- Adult. *Proudly* "I is Man!" *puffs out chest*
    Birthday- May 12 (Going by the day he was created)
    Day of Re-adoption- 6-13-13 or June 13, 2013
    Parents- le work in progresso
Last edited by .The Bootless Box. on Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
h

Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby,
-------------------------------------------------
Da - Characters - LOC - WOI
-------------------------------------------------

.The Bootless Box.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sardonyx rain » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:57 am

Name: Dune
Short Personality: A bit shy, but once you put some effort into getting to know him, he'll be your life long friend. He loves surfing at the beach, and picking on little kids.
Favorite season: summer
sardonyx rain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gecko » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:04 am

Oh. My. GLOB. POPCORN. ;O;
I love him so much he is the most amazing
bean ever you have no idea how much I
freaking love him! ;U; Who ever wins had
better take darn good care of him or I will
cry for days on end. >u<

Everything is done by me on here unless
stated otherwise <3

Song by Greg Bates wrote:
Popcorn;; Walks up to Qui and grabs her hand gently.
Baby, did you know that I really love you? I just..
I just want to sing a song to you. I just.. I love
you so much. You have no idea." Hands her a
blue rose from the depths of his pouch.

"I got the Chevy all shined up
Paid a little more for a haircut
Ironed up a pearl snap, left that old ball cap
Gave myself a little extra smell good splash

I did it for the girl, dancin' in the sunset
To get to see her sippin' on Corona, little silhouette
I did it for the moonlight, slow ride, slidin' over by my side
Been waiting on it all night kiss, I did it for the girl

I dialed her up someone George Strait
Me and old George sang Marina Del Rey
There by the water's edge, big sky turnin' red
That perfect night, she said she can't forget

Been waiting on it all night kiss, I did it for the girl

I did it for that long hair, fallin' down, layin' on her shoulders
Those blue eyes want me to hold her

Been waiting on it all night kiss

I did it for the girl, dancin' on the front porch
Reachin' out to grab my shirt and pull me through the front door
I did it for the midnight, candlelight
Anything to make her mine, all mine, I did it for the girl
I did it for the girl..."

Popcorn;; I did it for you, Qui. I do it all for you. You are the meaning
of life for me, you and Taffy and Colton. Forever, Qui. Our
family is forever to me, and always will be...

<<< The Main Form >>>
> >Name< <

Hello. My name is Popcorn. Nice to meet you!
I, along with many users, have decided to keep this bean's name as Popcorn. He has always been one of my favorite beans, though I really couldn't tell you why I have been drawn to his design so much. It must be that lovely shade of blue and the long strands that make up his design and his namesake; Popcorn. He will always be Popcorn to me, no matter who wins him and renames him. <3

> >Short Personality< <

[ [ Fatherly Figure ] ]
Well, being a father of two, he ought to be! But you see, even before he met his mate, dear Popcorn was already being that special someone to young beans. He used to have a job at the orphanage, where he would go around getting to know the little ones. They all loved him, and he was always greeted with a screech of welcome and tons of hugs.

[ [ Supportive ] ]
Popcorn has always done his very best to help Qui with their two young rambunctious beans Seasalt Taffy and Colten. He loves her very much and is always more than willing to lend a paw if she is in need. Whenever his wife is feeling down, he always has a hidden rose in his pouch and the sweetest of hugs to get her through the day. Not only does Popcorn help his family, however, he is always willing to help out friends of all shapes and sizes.

[ [ Caring ] ]
Popcorn cares about plenty of things, the first being his family. But he also cares alot about the environment, animals, children, the elderly, everything that could

[ [ Compassionate ] ]
Popcorn is a very compassionate male. He is always trying to show Qui just how much he cares about her. Whether this be a simple rose from his pouch or a sweet kiss on her cheek, he is always trying to express his love. Every month in the minimum, Popcorn will surprise Qui with a special night together under the sunset as they walk through the long grass, or take her to a fancy resteraunt after his paycheck comes in. He loves her and his sons very, VERY much.

[ [ Clumsy ] ]
Clumsy? No, of course Popcorn isn't clumsy! Okay, fine. Popcorn has to be one of the most clumsy dragons in all of jellybean dragon history. He is constantly flailing around looking for a decent foothold on what appears to be a untripable flat surface. "It just adds to the charm you have, dear" Qui would always say to him when he complained about it. Now he just accepts that he is just the biggest cluts ever.

> >Favorite Season< <

> >Winter< <
[[Credit to owner of image!]]

My favorite season would really have to be winter. I get to spend time with my lovely wife and two children watching movies and eating popcorn! No, not me! The
food! You know, the little kernels? Another reason my favorite season is winter is because of the beautiful snow. It is just so marvelous to look at! The last reason that I love winter is because of everyone's favorite holiday; Christmas! I just LOVE keeping my little beans' dreams alive with stories around the fireplace in blankets with a mug of hot cocoa!

<<<Extras>>>

> >All Popcorn's Information< <

Full Name:
Popcorn Kernel.

Nicknames:
Pop
Dad
Kernel
Lt. Kernel
"Hun" by Qui

Size:
Thirty six.

Sexuality:
Straight.

Birthday:
May 12th ???.

Date Adopted:
April 9th 2012.

Date Re-Adopted:
June 13th 2013.

Parents:
N/A.

Siblings:
Ziskosu owned by Patches101

Mate:
Qui.

Children:
Seasalt Taffy
Colten.

Best Friend:
N/A.

Theme Song:
I Did it For The Girl

In His Pouch:
-Toy cars and a full train set for his children.
-A spare rose for Qui when she is stressed out.
-A bag of his favorite snack: Popcorn.
-His wallet.
-A blanket in case someone gets cold.
-His lucky charm: A little kiwi that he got for
Qui on their first date but he was too shy to
give her that day. He decided that it gave him
alot of good luck, and that it might ruin his
relationship with his wife if he gave it away.
Now he just keeps it as a lucky charm and
never did tell her about it.

Companion:
Qui is the only companion, and the
ultimately best companion, any bean
like Popcorn could ever ask for.

> >Pictures< <

ANG3RED ANG3L wrote:wipwipwip looking for art willing to pay in uncommons and
rares! <3 I love him so much you guys
have like.. No idea how much I love
Popcorn. <3

Popcorn and Qui, done by me.
Done by Charchar2 (art trade)
Popcorn laying down by me
Popcorn playing with Taffy while Qui and Colton snuggle by me
Gifted to me by my friend pipsqueak99 <3 Thank you dearie ;U;
By lemondropkitten (art trade!)

> >Likes and Dislikes< <

>Likes<
-Qui
-His children
-Having fun
-Movies
-Carnivals
-Kiwi fruit
-Popcorn
-Limes
-Lemons
-Snow
-Sunsets
-Reading
>Dislikes<
-Fighting
-Being blinded
-Screaming beans
-When Qui is upset
-When his sons are upset
-Swimming
-Being responsible for another animal other than his family
-Messes
-Others hitting on his wife
-
-
-

> >His Relationship with His Sons< <

Info for me to write more here XD wrote:Seasalt Taffy and his Father Popcorn
[[Taffy's page]]

Sometimes Popcorn has a hard time understanding his eldest son. It isn't that he doesn't try to understand, its just that his son is so intellegent that he finds it hard to understand what he is talking about. He really cherishes Taffy, being his first child and all. He doesn't blame either child more than the other when a certain childish mess suddenly appears in the house, he gives each a fair chance to explain the situation.

Colton and his Father Popcorn
[[Colton's page]]

Don't have much to work with here... Dx

Popcorn loves Colton just as much as he loves Taffy. He seems to have a somewhat better relationship with Colton, just because he has such a hard time understanding his other son. He tries to spend equal amounts of time with each, being a good father to both his beans. Like stated above, he will not blame one or the other when a childish fight or mess happens. He always thought that most parents blamed the eldest child above the younger, therefore he gives each his sons the chance to explain and to find out the right one to dicipline for their bad deeds.

To Both Beans
Popcorn will always be there for his children, no matter his job or money. He will find a way to pull through for his beans. He goes to any sport games, watches their favorite TV shows so that he can discuss it with him, and always tries to keep up to date on their lives and interests.

> >My Relationship With Popcorn Kernel< <

Why Do You Want Him?:
Popcorn has been one of my favorite beans on the old lines since the first time I ever laid eyes on him. I just have simply no choice but to try to make this lovely creature my own. I adore Jellybean Dragons, especially those that have blue or orange/yellow designs! I have never really had a "Dream Bean". But then I looked again at Popcorn, and I realised that if I ever really did have one, Popcorn would more than fill in that spot. I love when characters already have families! This makes it so much more fun to make art of them and to roleplay them with! That way, they don't seem to be such big loners.. And I adore the PopcornxQui couple. I just simply love them together they are perfect for each other! <3 My heart just melts when I see them together. >U< I really would love to roleplay/draw art of Popcorn and his handsome young sons together as well. I'd love to be the one who's bean's has children which he watches grow up into fine young JBD's.

What Will You Do With Him?:
[i]If I were to win Popcorn, the first thing that I would do is ask to be colored into his lines. I would clean them up (Re-color the lines so they match his design, etc), add items for him, hex codes, etc. Then, I would set to work of drawing this really handsome bean. My artwork would consist rarely of just him by himself. No, no, most of the artwork would be of him and his beautiful family, as well as friends of his. Him and Qui would most likely take over the other half of my gallery (Bacardi has the other half -.-). When I feel that I have art block (Happens quite often, unfortunately) I would ask the owner of Qui, Seasalt Taffy, and Colten if they would like to roleplay with me! I simply love to write, so I would ask for alot of roleplays to participate with him in. c: If I were to win Popcorn, I'd be sure to message Sable. to see if he already had friends that would like to remain after his re-adoption. If so, those beans would still continue to be his friends while I own him. One more thing I would do with this dear bean would be to set up his place in my JBD thread, named "Angel's Cloud". I named the place that due to the fact that my beans seem to come from heaven itself. I love them so much. <3 I would then order tons of art of him when I could afford it and do art trades/collabs with anyone who'd be willing to on spare time. I would not let Popcorn fade to dust if I owned him. He would be incredibly special, just like Bacardi is to me now. Not a day goes by that I don't think about my beautiful Jellybean Dragon. <3

How You Met Popcorn:
Well, we met when me and my bean Bacardi were at the park with her daughter Saki. Popcorn was there with Colton, while Seasalt Taffy was with his momma Qui somewhere else. Him and Bacardi chatted it up a little bit, and got to know eachother a little bit better. Saki was having a bit of a hard time with the equiptment, being so small yet, and Colton was nice enough to help her reach some things. When I found out that Popcorn needed to find somewhere to live, I automatically sent him a email saying he was more than welcome to stay with me and Bacardi. He was fairly quick to agree, since he knew Bacardi already and they were fairly good friends. So now he lives with me and Cardi in our house of wonderful animals.
Last edited by gecko on Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:20 am, edited 23 times in total.
Ignore oekaki timers I always leave the tab open >:'D

𝙳𝚒𝚜𝚌𝚘𝚛𝚍 𝙸𝙳
𝚐𝚎𝚌𝚔𝟶 #𝟺𝟽𝟻𝟸
𝙲𝚑𝚎𝚌𝚔 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚜𝚎 𝚌𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚎𝚜!
𝚂𝚒𝚖𝚊 𝙰𝚍𝚘𝚙𝚝𝚜
𝙼𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚊 𝙳𝚘𝚐𝚜
𝚃𝚒𝚗𝚢 𝚃𝚊𝚒𝚕𝘴 𝚁𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚢

gecko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meep Meep » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:05 am

Name: Kaydence

Short Personality:
He is very extraverted, this means...
•He has high energy
•He talks more than he listens
•He thinks out loud
•He acts, then thinks
•He likes to be around other JBDs a lot
•He prefers a public role
•He can sometimes be easily distracted
•He prefers to do lots of things at once
•He is majorly outgoing & enthusiastic

Favorite season: You know, his favorite season is probably summer to autumn. This is because he loves to party and be outside. In the summer he gets to hang out with his friends {and of course his family!} He can go to outdoor movies or go to a public pool and show off or even catch some waves! Despite his "player" personality, he is a huge family man. He loves his mate and 2 babies more than anything and wouldn't trade them for all the parties or movies in the world! Anyways this is supposed to be about his favorite season not his personality! He is also quite the fan of autumn because he just loves the feel of the air, the color of the leaves, but most of all the holiday that comes with this season, Halloween!! He loves to play pranks on others and this just happens to be the best time to do so!!
Last edited by Meep Meep on Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Meep Meep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby strawbee » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:23 am

Name:
Popcorn, that name is no doubt the best name possible for him!
Short Personality:
Popcorn is just like any actual 'popcorn', he is bouncing up and down with energy. He also has a bit of 'butter', he can tend to be melted down into a calm, more serene bean. But when he has 'popcorn seasoning' he can be quite the diverse bean, who takes a bit of time to get to know every hobby he can! He really loves his family, but most people think he's a bit of a crazy dad. But that's ok, because a crazy dad tries new things, and loves to hang out!
Favorite season:
Spring is absolutely Popcorn's favorite season, and there is no way you could ever change that! Y'see, Popcorn hates when there is constant heat, but likes to take the heat in every once in a while. But at the same time, Popcorn loves the cold and rain, so what more could he ask for? There are some cold, and breezy days, as there are some hot, sunny days at the same time! Popcorn loves diversity, like I said, and he loves everything about the spring, from weather to flowers, to activities! Popcorn loves to be able to look at all of the bugs and flowers brought to him in the spring! He especially loves the butterflies, which come out in spring!
gonna be a lil less active w/ working.

♀ fem | aries | USA

comissions are closed
♥ im open to pm and talk.
strawbee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mydadleftme » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:23 am

Name:
Popcorn

Short Personality:
popcorn is a pretty laid back JBD, easy going and not easily angered; loving to have fun. He, despite the fact that he has a mate and two beans, he can still sometimes act like a kid. He's not immature or irresponsible, more like he can still love to play games, like tag and hide-and-go-seek. On top of that, Popcorn has a huge sense of humor and is funny. He is always willing to rattle out a joke or two, and uses that ability of his to help break the ice when meeting new people. If you haven't guessed this already, Popcorn is a very social JBD, and loves to meet new people. He's the type of dragon who can easily strike up a conversation with a random stranger and not make it be awkward. I guess you could say that Popcorn is just naturely friendly and uses that to his advantage when meeting new people or Jelly Bean Dragons. Of course, all of these personality traits and attributes also make him a really fun father, as he can easily relate to his kids and loves to hang out and have fun with them as well.

Favorite season:
Spring would be his favorite season as it happens to be the time of year when everything is just again bursting with brand new life. It's also the perfect season weather-wise. It's not too hot, or too cold, and thus just perfect for Popcorn's taste in season.
mydadleftme

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Novi » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:30 am

name; Popcorn, called Big Papi for short
♡I hope you don't mind that I added the nickname, but see if you can catch the reference for a free request! ;D
age; Seeing as his mate, Qui, is twenty-one (21), I have decided to make Popcorn slightly older - twenty-four (24).
gender; Obviously, Popcorn is a guy. Dude, male, brute, boy, it doesn't matter what you call it, so long as you acknowledge the fact that he is of the masculine sex.
short personality; loving - loyal - caring - competitive - strange - audacious - silly}
Loving - Very sweet and gentle, this Bean would never hurt a fly...Unless, that is, if he is provoked. If someone pushes him too far off the deep end by harming his friends or family, he could go completely psychotic. Then and only then will he take another life.
Loyal - Popcorn is extremely honourable to his friends, family, and country. He'll do anything to protect them, even if it means taking another life, as explained above.
Caring - He cares deeply for his friends and family. Will protect them no matter what, even if it means sacrificing himself to save them.
Competitive - It's very rare to see this side of Big Papi. But you should have seen him when he was courting Qui! My, oh my, whenever another male Bean came up to her, he got so jealous!! But he was still polite about it, and in the end, he ended up winning her heart.
Strange - Popcorn is, to put it simply, weird. Crazy? ...No, I wouldn't say that, but that certainly is close to what I was thinking...
Audacious - Very loud and boisterous when he wants to be. When he won Qui's heart, man, you should've heard him bragging...
Silly - Mostly around children is he funny. He loves to tell jokes and cheer up the little Beans, so he'll commonly pull stupid stunts to make them happy. Have these pranks gotten him in trouble, before? Yes, but a bit of scolding won't stop him from doing what he loves!
favourite season; Summer

"Ah, yes, the warm days o' summer," the Bean says in a silly British accent before giving a snort of amusement and continuing to speak in his regular, slightly-Southern accent. "I remember that first time I went on that great vacation y'all call 'Summer Break.' I was about five at the time, no more than half the size of Colton, when I went on my first-ever picnic."
Younger Beans gather around with wide, curious eyes as Popcorn spins his colourful yarn.
"Let's see, here... It was the last day of class, an' I was about ready to turn myself over to God outta boredom," he snickers, causing the other Beans to giggle in amusement, though they really have no clue why they were laughing. Ah, the joys of kids.
"...The teacher was chattering on about the dangers of being sinful when the bell sounded, signaling that glorious last day of class. I was one o' the first to scamper on outta there - if I had run like that in track, hoo boy, then I'd probably be the fastest Bean alive, haha!
"Mama was outside the learnin' center, chattin' it up with some other parents. I ran right over there, givin' her a big tight hug, an' told her all about the things we learned that day - hey, when I wasn't thinkin', I was listenin'. Anyways, while I was talkin', Mama had this sort of dazed look in her eyes, almost as if she was deep in thought.
"All of a sudden, she turns to me as were walkin' an' says, right up outta the blue, 'Popcorn, your father ever take you out on a picnic?'"

Popcorn scrunches up his nose in confusion. "Still have no goshdarn idea why she asked me that, but by golly, she asked me it.
"So I look up at her an' say, 'No, Mama. Daddy ain't never taken me on a picnic.' Mama gets this funny little glint in her eyes an' says, 'Your Daddy ain't never does anythin' for the good o' his only son.'"

At this, the younger Beans start to howl with laughter. Popcorn can't help but chuckle a bit himself as he continues to speak.
"Alright you young'ns, quiet down now," he laughs, the 'quiet' coming out in a slow, Southern drawl, sounding like 'kwaht'."We don't want yer Mama's 'n Daddies gettin' mad at lil ol' Papi here, now, do we?"
"No, Mr. Popcorn," the children giggle, and Popcorn can't help but crack a grin himself.
"Good, 'cause some o' yer parents scare the livin' daylights outta me, heh.
"Now, where was I? ...Oh yeah. So Mama goes, 'Son, how would you like to go on a picnic?' I smile at her real wide an' say, 'Can we, Mama? Can we?'
"She laughs an' says, 'Now, why would I ask you if I wouldn't let you go?'
I'm real excited when we head home and she starts packin' these delicious munchies fer our private picnic. Just thinkin' back to what she packed - bananas, peanut butter an' jelly sandwiches, an', o' course, the snack in which I was named fer: popcorn - it all makes my mouth water when I think about it.
"So we head on over, after packin' all this mouth-waterin' food, to a little meadow where I used to go an' play in when I was younger. Mama starts to set up the picnic while I take a good look around, and my gosh golly goodness, you kids know what I see?"

The little Beans shake their heads 'no,' anxiously awaiting the rest of the story.
Popcorn glances around slowly, warily. As if he's going to tell the kids his most deepest, darkest secret, he leans forward and mutters quietly,
"When I was at that little park, I saw, sitting in the bushes, eatin' a kiwi, the most beautiful Bean I done ever seen in my entire life."
The boy Beans let out a harmonized "EWWWWW!" while the little girls give one loud "Awwwwww!"
Popcorn snickers and, to the boys, retorts, "Y'all say that, now, but when yer older, yer gonna be beggin' one a these pretty little ladies for a date."
"Ewww!"
"Gross!"
"No way!"
The little boy Beans continue their displays of disgust until, finally, Popcorn gets annoyed and snaps softly, "Aw, hush now! I can tell real easily, y'all are gonna be a bunch a little heartbreakers when you grow up.
"Now, where was I? ...Right, the girl Bean. She was the loveliest little thing I done ever laid eyes on, what with her pretty orange fur, those glorious green eyes, an' that sassy little step she had in her strut. I was fallin' right then an' there, an' I was fallin' hard.
"Mama saw me starin', an' took one glance over in that pretty little Bean's direction 'fore tellin' me, 'Son, looks like you got the thousand yard stare.
"'Mama, what's the thousand yard stare?' I asked my Mama quietly, an' she gave me a look that explains it all 'fore she even says it.
"'Popcorn,' she says, 'the thousand yard stare is one I only seen twice in my life, but heard about at least a dozen times 'fore I'd seen it with my own pair o' gazers. Its when a Bean sees, fer the first time in his or her life, the one he or she's meant to be with. Now, from what I can tell, you've been starin' at that little lady for over two minutes, now, an' outta the corner o' my eye, I can see she's startin' to get the willies from you takin' such a long gander at her so much. In fact, wouldja look at that - she's comin' on over here as we speak!'"

Popcorn ignores the small snickering coming from the young ones, and instead, lets his tired, pale yellow eyes wander over and lock with those of emerald. Two young, girl Beans look back towards the new Jellybean Dragon watching them. A look of realization hits as they look back and forth from Popcorn to this lady Bean, and they're suddenly squealing quietly to each other, spreading the word: they've found the girl bean from the story.
Popcorn continues speaking, but never lets his eyes leave the grassy plain-like gaze of the female Bean as she makes her way towards the blue and yellow dragon.
"Kids, lemme share with y'all a secret. I've never been so scared in my life as I was when my Mama told me that pretty little lady was walkin' over to us. My knees started bucklin', I broke out in a cold sweat, an' I turned to see those beautiful green eyes givin' me the downright weirdest look I done ever seen in my life. An' do you know what that fiery little woman told me?"
The girl Bean speaks out above him, drawing all attention to her. "I said, 'Why don't you take a picture? It'll last a whole lot longer.'"
The young Jellybean Dragons bust up laughing as Qui makes her way over to her mate's side, sitting down beside him as they continue the story together.
"Y'know what, kids? I lied to you young'ns, earlier. The scariest thing I ever faced wasn't that pretty girl's acknowledgement a me; it was her whip of a tongue. My, oh my, I ain't never seen a girl whose anger and whiplash o' a voice scared me more than this one's."
"When he didn't reply to me, I got a bit worried. 'Boy?' I said, trying to hold back my giggles. 'Are you dumb or something?"
More amused laughter from the children as Popcorn continues his story.
"Boy, that woman made me flustered! I was redder than a tomato by the time I answered her. 'No!' I nearly shouted from embarrassment. I'm guessin' that scared her, 'cause she jumped about two feet in the air."
Popcorn's mate bites back a snide remark and instead shoots back, "Scared? Of this fuzzball? Ha! No way! He just...surprised me, is all. I wasn't expecting him to shout..."
"Either way, you jumped, like, two feet in the air," he snickers, earning a small whack in the back of the head from her, along with a small "shut up..." and a soft giggle. Popcorn beams stupidly and continues with the story, along with Qui's help.
"Anyways, I was tryin' to explain to her that I wasn't dumb, deaf, or blind -"
"Which he was doing a horrendous job at."
Popcorn gives a roar of laughter and says, "Haha, yeah! An' then Mama goes an' outright says, 'Wouldja look here, Poppy seed? - that was her nickname for me - It seems you done found yerself a little lady friend!"
Another loud outburst of laughter from the children. Popcorn tries to settle the kids down as Qui continues from where her mate had left off. "I was getting a bit heated up in the face myself when his mother said that. So I tried to defend myself, which, as Papi here can tell you, ended horribly."
Popcorn snickers once more before looking to his mate and ushering on, "Go ahead, Qui. Tell 'em what you said."
The kiwi-loving Jellybean Dragon mulls over this for a small while before responding, "I started stuttering terribly. My, lets see if I can remember what I said... I think it was somewhere along the lines of, 'I-I'm really sorry, ma'am! Y-y-your son is quite attractive, b-b-but I - Wait, th-that came out wrong... W-what I meant to say was, y-your son, a-although he could very well be my type - GAHH! What am I SAYING?!'"
By now, the younger Beans are howling with laughter, unable to contain their fits and giggles. Popcorn looks to the time, and realizing they don't have enough of it as they'd hoped, sees he needs to quickly wrap up the story.
"Well kids, it's almost past your bedtime -" Cue the unanimous "Awwwww!" "Now, now, don't be that way... We all need our beauty sleep, some more than others, so we're gonna wrap this story up real quick.
"After that little performance Qui put on, my Mama invited - well, practically forced her to lunch with us. My, oh my, that woman could an' would not take no for an answer... Anyways, we found out we had a lot in common. We both like kiwis 'n popcorn, an' we share the same interests in books. After that, we started spendin' more an' more time together, 'til we were nearly inseparable."

"Then came the day when he brought me back to the meadow in which we first met," Qui giggles knowingly.
"That was where I proposed to her - and nearly broke my back when she tackled me, screamin' 'yes' to the good Lord above," Popcorn sighs dreamily, snorting a bit while he thinks back to the memory.
All the little girl Beans give an
"Awwwww!" of delight as they imagine the scene in their heads. The boys just roll their eyes as one of their own, the tiny offspring of Qui and Popcorn himself, Colton, raises his paw shakily, fully aware that all eyes are on him. "Then why do you like Summer so much, Papi?" he asks quietly, tripping over his words slightly. "Wasn't that the question? You sort of just... skipped over it."
"Hey, he's right!"
"Yeah, Big Papi, why do you like summer so much?"
Popcorn chuckles a bit at the childrens' questions before replying, "My, oh my, I thought I'd made it obvious fer you young'ns! Apparently not..." he looks lovingly to his mate before saying quietly,
"On the first day of summer, well... That was the day I met my one true love."

why i want him; Oh my lordy, where to start?
I guess that when I first saw Popcorn's simple design, I knew I was in for it. I was falling for him, and I was falling hard. His design is absolutely captivating. Although it usually wouldn't be my cup of tea, with a name like "Popcorn," who wouldn't be able to resist this cutie?
When I saw this boy on the Created Pets thread, with maybe one or two posts, I immediately scrambled for the notepad application on my tablet and sat there for a good hour, typing and plotting out my battle strategy form. After a while, my hands started to hurt, but oh well. Pain is normal when you're trying out for something as gorgeous as him.
It's strange, really... I find myself falling deeply in love with Popcorn, wanting to do everything possible with him. I find him taking over I mean conquering manipulating me and bending me to his every whim. He's now taken over my mind, as I can't stop thinking about him; he's taken over my stories, seeing as I can no longer get to work on my other novels - instead, I must write for him and Qui; and, obviously enough, he's taken over my signature.
I want him for so many different reasons, including the fact he's so handsome and he's just terrific character altogether, plus, he's part of an amazing species that I'd love to be an owner of. But I guess the main reason I want him is because he gives me this weird feeling. I don't know what that feeling is, and it scares me a bit. But the feeling is nice, somewhat...peaceful. It makes me want to get that feeling again, and I seem to get said feeling when I'm looking at Popcorn.
Maybe it's love...? I wouldn't know what that feels like, seeing as I've never loved somebody before, but it makes me feel weird and tingly inside. I'm not sure if this is true love or not, but if it is, then boy, being loved must really feel nice. I want him because he gives me this feeling, and... Well, I like this feeling. It's a wondrous feeling.
Maybe I'm being greedy and selfish, thinking I'm more deserving of Popcorn than the next person. It's obvious that everyone who filled out a form feels that way when they look at him. Or maybe... Maybe I'm just new to all of this. I don't know what it means to truly be in love, and I don't know what it's like to feel loved. But I feel, that if I get the chance to own Popcorn, I could feel loved, that I could give said emotion to him every day. It must feel great to know there's someone who cares for you, and I want Popcorn to know that feeling.
I know, I know. You're probably thinking that I'm gonna try and butter you up with a sob story, or use this "I don't know what it's like to feel loved" thing as an advantage in this contest. But really, I'm not. I want Popcorn to be fair game to everyone involved in this contest. I want him to go to a home where he'll feel loved, and if you don't think I can give him that love, then so be it. I won't be upset. All I want is for Big Papi to go to a kind and loving home, where he will never collect dust, not even for a split second. And honestly? I feel I can give him that home. But all that matters is that he gets that home, whether it's with me or not. And although I'd like for that home to be with me, I know that, in the end, it's all for the best.
use; I've a list planned of what I was going to do with Popcorn, here... Ah! Here it is.
If I am given the opportunity to own Popcorn, I will use him...
For animations - always wanted to try to animate a JBD, but have never had one to practice on.
For classroom doodles - let's face it: I'm getting bored of sketching the same boring characters every time I have class. (Bad Touya. You're supposed to be WORKING in class, not drawing!!!)
For comics - I've had this really good comic idea for months, now, and I've been looking for a unique species to be the star of it. Popcorn, along with his mate and two boys (if their owners will allow it) would be the perfect main cast for the series.
For anatomical practice - I'd really like to learn canine and dragon anatomy, so I think Popcorn would be the perfect test subject for these drawing exercises.
For stories - Just looking at Big Papi gives me so many story ideas. I want to be able to write as him, to get inside his somewhat-idiotic little mind and see what he's thinking. Writimg his personality was thrilling enough, as I got to catch a glimpse at what this Southern optimist sees in the world. Plus, writing as him seems like good practice for when I finally go back to my novels; at least I'll finally have had some practice at writing, and have gained some critique from this experience.
As a beloved character - Of course I'll love him if you somehow end up leaving him in my care. He'll be ised for all these things, and so much more. As it says in my signature, I'd quite literally give an arm and a leg for this handsome young fellow. So if I'm willing to give up something I have for something I want, doesn't that seem like a fair trade?
To hoard art of - Yeah, buddy. Instead of saving my rares for something better than art for a character I'm probably not even going to win, I'm going to spend ALL OF MY RARES AND ADVENTS on art of Popcorn. Is this a stupid idea? Probably, seeing as I spent nearly all my pets on a kiamara, once, and ended up losing badly to a person who only had, like, three pieces of art. But I'm keeping my hopes high and my gosh golly goodness, if my effort isn't at the very least acknowledged I'm gonna cry. ;-;

relationships with;
qui - It started out just like any other relationship: boy meets girl, one time fling, boom, repeat the cycle with someone different. But there was some sort of...connection between these two. Popcorn couldn't get Qui off his mind, no matter how hard he tried. So they began seeing each other more and more often, and found themselves falling for each other. Now, their relationship is as strong as ever. Although they have their rough patches sometimes, especially with Qui going through her rebellious stage, they still manage to find a way to make it work.
seasalt taffy - He finds his eldest son slightly strange, but still loves him so very much. ...Yes, even if little Fyz's "pet" scares the living daylights out of him.
colton - Has a slightly closer relationship with his youngest son. Maybe it's because Colton is still small, and slightly more dependent on his parents? But Popcorn is never going to choose favourites, simply because he loves his family way too much to hurt any of them, even if it is unintentional.
ziskosu - Surprisingly gets along quite well with his brother. Papi especially admires how much his brother has matured over the years.
soul - He doesn't mind his "sister" (Ziskosu's mate) as much as he minds his brother (considering Popcorn was a runner-up of Ziskosu), though Soul can be a tad bit bothersome at times. But he's learned to appreciate her. Heck, he even loves her cooking so much, he'd love to marry it. (But of course, he wouldn't. The only "thing" he wants to marry is a mirror I MEAN QUI. 8DD) That Bean [Soul] can bake anything, and I mean anything. From pies to freshly-popped popcorn, Papi finds himself wanting to ask Soul if she cooks for a living, and if she does, can she be their personal chef? Yes, he loves her cooking that much!! (But not as much as himself HE LOVES QUI EVEN MORE THAN HIMSELF AND SOUL'S COOKING COMBINED.)
dustin - Although this little Bean scares Papi at times, he still loves his nephew. He wouldn't mind visiting Dustin if it weren't for those dogs... Yeah, they're smaller than him, but still! Those little cousins of wolves are freaking scary!!!
poseidon - Popcorn...doesn't exactly know about this one. At times, Poseidon can be difficult, but he's still his nephew, so Big Papi cares for him dearly.
tarder sauce - Tarder, although she can be scary at times, is one of Papi's best friends. He can easily get through to her "nice side," and sees that all she wants is a friend. Considers her to be part of the family.
capri - Yes, I know that Capri is a Kiamara. But that doesn't stop him from loving his little "niece" more than anything in the world! Although this little Kia annoys him sometimes with her hyperactivity, he still adores her, and will do almost anything to ensure that she is safe.
other (adult) beans - Papi, although great with kids, is terrible with adult Beans. Especially the elders. My lordie, he cannot holda conversation for more than two minutes without cracking some extremely stupid, immature joke that would, no doubt, make a child laugh. Unfortunately, not every Bean is a child at heart, so he usually is alone with Qui on this one.
other (younger) beans - Now here's something Big Papi's really good at; cheering up sad children! He'll commonly talk to them and sidle up next to them, never omce making them feel uncomfortable around him. Kids love him, which is why he was so eager to start a family of his own. He wanted not to be called Papi by some other Bean's children, but maybe by some of his own...

The Magic of Photo-Editing Software wrote:Image

art; "They're tellin' me to do things... Bossin' me around... And I don't like it..." - My Only Friends inspiration art - by the amazing GlacierLily.
"Once upon a time..." - Storyteller Art - Again, by the lovely GlacierLily
quote (s); "I'm sure as sugar, doll!" / "Maybe that wasn't such a good idea in the first place..." / "GIRLFRIEND BE YOU WILL MY. O/////O;"
voice; Has a slight-Southern accent which grows heavier when he gets upset. Drawls on quite monotonously when he's bored, just to annoy other Beans. When he gets upset, his voice pitch lowers and his voice gets all hoarse and raspy. He starts to talk real quietly before BOOM! It all erupts into a small, Southern roar as he scolds you for whatever the heck you did wrong. Quite scary when he does this.
Has the biggest problem saying his long "I's." (i.e., when he tries to say kite, tie, or ride, they come out as "kaht, tah," and "rahd.")

mental/physical ailment (s); Popcorn suffers from a whole handful of things. Here's a little list to keep track. (Note: these are very serious mental illnesses that someone I am close to is currently suffering from. I've done my research, and yes, these are the symptoms of the diseases. BUT, if you start giggling like a little schoolgirl, going "lol, OCD," Imma be like, "HAHAHAHA, YEAH, MENTAL ILLNESSES ARE SO FUNNY." -sarcasm-)
Dyslexia - "Dyslexics of the world, untie!"
Dyslexia is a reading disability where the brain sometimes does not process certain symbols correctly or at all. That little quote is something Popcorn wrote in his notebook a while back, to try and show kids that dyslexics can amount to something. Unfortunately, he never noticed the spelling error, as his brain could not process it.
ADHD - "Attention deficit hyp - ooh something shiny!"
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder is a mental illness that usually only affects children and young adults, but cases have been recorded where people are diagnosed with it when they're much, much older. Some of the symptoms (all of which Papi has shown) are inattentiveness, over-activity, impulsivity, and sometimes a combination of the three. That quote is actually what can happen with mental disabilities. With ADHD, people can get very easily distracted, and may even forget what they're doing to go do something else.
OCD - "Okay, maybe I'm a little bit over-obsessed with countin', but so what? Is there a problem with that?"
Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder is an anxiety disorder which usually forces the patient into doing a somewhat-repetitive habit, feeling, sensation, idea, or thought that drives them into doing something (a compulsion.)
Catatonic Schizophrenia - "Ha ha ha, real funny, kids, real mature. Just remember: when I snap, you'll be the first to go."
Catatonic is pretty much the most extreme version of schizophrenia there is. Symptoms include seeing and/or hearing hallucinations (voices or people that aren't actually there), delusions (having false hopes or beliefs in something with no basis of reality), disorganized thinking (such as bouncing from subject to subject, sputtering out absolute nonsense), catatonic behaviour (pretty much a hyperactive state where you just want to move, and you start to lose all sense of sensitivity to pain), and the flat affect (when you are null of all emotion either mind-wise or appearance-wise). In these states of mind, Papi loses all control and will start blurting out random nonsense, and will commonly laugh at inappropriate times, or act childish. It's very scary and painful for his family to see him suffer through this...
Bipolar - "Crazy? Please, I'm just bipolar."
A mental disability where Popcorn will go to extreme highs and extreme lows. For instance, one minute he'll be all happy and loving, and the next he's extremely cross and irritable, snapping at all those around him.
Anxiety - "Is now a good time to panic?"
Very nervous and jittery about everything at times. He's commonly found twitching or shaking his head in this state, though he can cover it up pretty well. With just a crack of his neck and a nod of his head, you'll never suspect anything was wrong.
Manic Depression - "Don't you worry none, I hate me, too."
Very emotionally depressed, almost to the point of hurting himself. Luckily, Qui is at his side all the time, making sure he's taking his medication and feeling alright.
where he goes to get help; Big Papi goes to these little meetings called NAMI Support Groups* every other Monday. NAMI stands for National Alliance on Mental Illness and is pretty much a support group for people like Popcorn, who have to suffer through mental illness(es) daily. They care for and support each other, and give group advice when you're going through a rough patch. The group is for all ages (though the topics may be a little...mature...), and they treat each other like a family. A big, messed-up family, but a family all the same.

*I know about NAMI because I am an avid member of it (and currently the youngest one there TuT). Currently, we are having a tee-shirt contest, and Mord, I was wondering...
Since I made Popcorn a part of NAMI (seriously, everyone there is getting annoyed by me babbling on and on about him already), could I put him on the tee-shirt? If I don't win, I'd be happy to send the tee-shirt to his new owner, but if I do...
I'm getting a family photo. <333 Why? Because I'm if I find out I win, I'll order enough tee-shirts to go around NAMI, and I'll take a picture of everyone there wearing the tee-shirt on our next walk. <333
theme song (s); He has a lot of theme songs, considering they change based on his mood, but there's only one song that perfectly describes him.
Prodigal by One Republic.
(Please head over to the interview section, as that might help explain it.)
likes; his friends - his family - popcorn - the letter "p" - writing - drawing - singing - dancing - acceptance - Mord - music - children.
dislikes; his father - language arts - math - bugs - being ignored - bullies - profanity - socializing with adults - dirty jokes/terms - numbers - being considered useless - being referred to as a pet.
sexual orientation; Bisexual, leaning moreso towards women, though.
relationship status; Taken! Sorry, ladies, but it doesn't look like there will be a falling out between these two love Beans anytime soon~
By who? None other than his lovely mate, Qui.
quirk (s); Twitches randomly at times, and he talks in a Southern accent, though he really doesn't have one...
hobbies; Playing with [his] children, drawing, singing, dancing, and baking.
fears; All sorts of insects.
interview;
Interview Codes wrote:#808080 = prince tsuoubaki, aka Touya, aka the Interviewer
#00BF80 = Popcorn, aka he who is being interviewed.
Italics = actions/narration

"Alright, Popcorn, this is the interview segment of my form for you! Let's start things off with a simple question: how are you?"
"Forty-seven."
"...What?"
"Ain't we talking about how old we are?"
"What the - For one, you're not forty-seven, and secondly -"
"How do you know that? Maybe I'm secretly older an' you was just too ignorant to notice."
"..." -face palms-
"Haha, just messin' with yer head, Touya." -smiles- "I'm good, pretty happy, actually."
"Oh yeah? And why, may I ask, is that?"
-smiles even wider- "Tomorrow's mine an' the Misses's anniversary."
"Oh wow, congratulations! How long have you two been together?"
"Thank you, thank you. Uhm...Let's see, here... About fifteen years, now? Qui an' I first got together when I was nine an' she was five - you know how Beans age, right?"
"Yes, yes I do."
"Good. That'll save me a whole lotta explanin'." -he laughs- "Anyways, from the start, me an' Qui hit it off. We both have a lot in common, actually. We both like the same books, we both love kiwi, popcorn, an', o' course, my brother's mate Soul's cookin'."
"That seems nice, to have someone who shares the same interests as you. But doesn't it get boring, or annoying at times?"
"It is, really." -mulls over the question for a bit before answering- "I guess it can take the spice outta life fer some folks, but not fer us."
"Oh really? And how is that?"
"Well, Touya, a good relationship consists o' two things: true love an' trust."
"Okay..."
"When you find yer first mate - or 'spouse,' as you Humans call it nowadays - you gotta build a firm, honest-to-God foundation with 'em. It's like a house, in a sense: if the house ain't stable, it'll crumble down to the ground."
"I see."
"You gotta build up their trust, an' never ever, not even ONCE should you lie to 'em, no matter WHERE the stakes are put. It don't matter if you won the lottery or did somethin' stupid; you lie to 'em once an' you break their trust. Sure, their trust can be built up again, but it won't be the same."
"You seem to know a lot about relationship advice."
"That I do, sugar. That I do."
"Okay, then that leads me to my next question. What's the stupidest thing you've ever done in your relationship, and how did it affect both you and your marital partner? So, pretty much what I'm asking is, what's the stupidest, most-downright idiotic and plain foolish thing you've ever done in your relationship with Qui? What were the consequences, if any?"
"Huh... The stupidest thing I ever done in my lil marriage..." -he seems to be thinking as he taps his back left paw, combing his memory to find the perfect experience to share- "...Oh, I got one."
"Good! Please share, and try not to make it a special edition of a Reader's Digest article..."
"Will do, sweetheart." -he takes a quick breath as he begins to weave his intricately designed story- "Stupidest thing I ever done in my relationship? There are plenty o' experiences, but only one stands out in my mind, an' that one is the Pop-kiwi Incident."
-shoots a confused look towards Popcorn before speaking- I'm almost afraid to ask..."
"Ah, don't worry. The only thing y'all should be worried about is the truckload o' stupidity it gives off."
"Okay, that's good... I guess. Continue."
"Alrighty... It was a hot spring day. Temperature was about 110 degrees Fareheit -"
"Popcorn. We don't have a lot of time, remember?"
"Right, right... Anyways, Qui, the boys an' I were livin' at yer place at the time. I think Fyz was four, an' Colly was just a baby? Not sure...Somewhere around those ages. So, we - Qui an' I - were havin' a lil chat while the boys were rompin' 'round, chasin' yer dog - the small one, all bark, no bite? Anyways, Qui was just finishin' up a little summary o' her day when Colton started cryin'. Man, the lungs on that boy...! So my girl gets up an' says shell be right back, she has to go see whats wrong with Col. When she leaves, I'm stretchin' out my back - you know how I saw a chiropractor in April; says I'm sleepin' in the wrong position - an' I get this strange question in my brain. It won't go away, so I decide to go test out my little theory."
-giggles- Popcorn, we can't read your mind, as vast and open as it is. What was the question?"
"Wait, I thought you'd remember yer own questions." -when he sees Touya's confused face, he busts up laughing- "I'm just jokin' with y'all! Ha haaaa!"
-she pouts slightly and mutters "stupid dragon" under her breath, but can't help cracking a grin. she giggles a bit before flicking him on the forehead and talking- "I meant YOUR question, stupid! What was the question you got in your head in the story?
"Hmm? ...Oh yeah, that! The question in itself is pretty stupid, but I'm sure you can take it. After all, you put up with this idiot -" -gestures to himself- "-ever since you was fourteen."
-Touya gives a snort of amusement- "Okay, big guy. What was your question?"
-he glances around warily, as if there's a spy watching. he leans forward and speaks in a low volume- "The question that came to my head was, 'If you can heat up corn to make popcorn, can you heat up kiwis to make pop-kiwis?'"
-gives him a baffled look- "...Popcorn?"
"Yeah?"
-is trying (and failing) to stifle a giggle- "You DO realize that popcorn isn't made out of corn...Right?"
-his face goes from a mellow blue to a bright red in a matter of seconds- "...Well THAT would have been good to know about a year ago!" -he chuckles sheepishly "That was when I pulled this stunt - 'round June of last year."
-is cracking up- "I see..."
"Anyways, let's ignore my ongoing stupidity for a bit an' continue on with the story. I went to the kitchen, kiwi in mouth - you know I don't have opposable thumbs - and stuck a kiwi in the microwave. 'Round the time I closed the microwave door an' turned it on, Qui came back, carrying Colton in her pouch. She looked at me an' said, 'So the dog was playin' too roughly with Colly.' At the time, I honestly forgot about why she left, so when she came back an' started chattin' with me, I forgot about the kiwi and began to make small talk with her." -he laughs a bit, seemingly starting to reminisce in the past-
-rolls her eyes- "Care to finish up the story in the next century or so?
"Right, right, time limit. Uhm... Oh yeah! So while we were talkin', Qui scrunched up her nose an' gave me this weird look. 'Hey, Papi,' she said, glancin' 'round. 'You smell somethin' - omigod, what DID you put in the microwave?!'" -his smile drops as he continues on- "I remembered the kiwi an' turned 'round to see the microwave was on fire! Shoot, the flames were about as tall as you are! I can see the kiwi inside, burnin' to a crisp, an' in NO way did it look popped. Exploded, maybe, but popped? Definitely not. So I start panickin' an' sputterin' out random nonsense while Qui was on the phone screamin' at 911 that "her idiot of a husband blew up the microwave." We grabbed the kids an' the dog an' got the heck outta there. In about ten minutes time, the Fire Department came an' put out thr fire. When Qui asked what was in the microwave an' they told her, hoo boy, SHE was on fire! Never, not ever in my life have I seen such a pure, blazin' fury such as Qui's. She tried to kill me five ways to Sunday, lemme tell you."
"So your consequences were...?"
"She made me sleep on the couch for a month, took away my popcorn, made me go to "Pyro-Maniacs Anonymous, forced me into lookin' up AN' writin' a three-thousand word essay on the dangers of household fires, an' I'm not allowed within a ten-foot radius of the microwave."
"Wow..."

---

"We're back to another little 'episode' of my Interview with Popcorn the Jellybean Dragon! Say hi, Popcorn!"
"Hey there." -suggestive eyebrow wiggle-
-smacks him in the back of the head- "BAKA! DON'T FLIRT WITH READER-CHAN! YOU'RE MATES WITH QUI, REMEMBER?! YOU HAVE KIDS!!!!"
"Ow! Sheesh, Touya, it was just a joke, relax!!!"
"Good boy. Now, onto the 'Most Popular Question(s) of the Day' segment, or as i like to call them, the MPQD's! Today we have five MPQD's. All were involved in a five-way tie for first, so we'll go ahead and start with (what sems to be) the most popular question of all. Popcorn, the people want to know: what is in your pouch?"
"Well that's a bit personal, but let's see!" -reaches in his pouch and pulls out an old popcorn bucket from the movies- "What's this doin' here?"
"...Ew."
-he reaches inside again and pulls out a small stuffed fluffball- "Ohhh, I remember this!"
-scrunches up nose in distaste- "What IS it?"
"It's Mister Poppie!"
"What in the name of the good Lord is 'Mister Poppie?'"
"Only the best friend a Bean could ask for! Dang, I remember all the fun times we had... I was heartbroken when I lost him! Seriously, I was cryin' fer days! But I musta put him in my pouch an' forgot him there! Oh my good Lord, I love this little guy!" -pauses- "...Don't tell Qui or the kids I said that."
"...Okay, guess I gotta specify when I say this. What...species...is that thing?"
"First off, he ain't a 'thing.' He's Mister Poppie and is to be referred to as such. An' secondly, ain't it obvious? Hes a piece o' popcorn!"
"...Crazy... Ahem, is that all that was in your pouch?"
"Hold on, lemme check... Yeah, besides some movie ticket stubs an' a few feathers an' rocks. ...What? I have a collection!"
"Okay then... Onto the next question: Popcorn, why is your name 'Popcorn?'"
"Huh. Never did explain that, did I?" -lsughs a bit- "When i was just born, my mama an' daddy were pickin' out a name fer me an' my brother - you know Ziskosu, right? ...Good. Well, surprisingly, they came up with a name for Ziskosu - rather quickly, I might add, as difficult as it is to even imagine - an' they were havin' a difficult time pickin' out a name fer me. As my mama tells the story, a lady passin' through the nursery took one look at me, walked up to my parents, an' said, 'My, those little spots on his fur look an awful lot like popcorn, don't they?"
"Interesting... So your name has nothing to do with your love for popcorn?"
"Nope! T'was based on a random lady's opinion."
"Well that's cool! Okay, our next question is...Popcorn, why don't you talk about your dad? You're always telling us about your mom in your stories (rest her soul), but never your dad. Why is this? ...I've been wondering this, too. Why don't you talk about him?"
-up until the mentioning of hos father, Popcorn has looked calm and reserved. now, his eyes are wide and his face is twisted with years of misery and harsh experiences. his voice is aloof as he speaks- ...The reason I don't usually talk about my dad is...is because I never actually met him."
-she gasps, covering her mouth with her hand- "Omigod..I'm so sorry..."
-he laughs dryly- He's not dead, if thats what yer thinkin'. He's alive, as well as he could be. He just chose to leave us when Ziskosu an' I were still hatchlin's, an' outta me an' my brother, I was the one to find out about him. Though Zisk doesn't know, and God forbid he ever finds out. It would break his heart the way it did mine, to know my own father didn't want me." -at this point, his head is hung low and he's silent for a good, solid few minutes before Touya breaks the silence-
"Oh, sweetie..." -she pats his back gently, rubbing it soothingly- "We can stop the questions now, if you want... The form is long enough already..."
"No, no, I'll keep goin'. Just... Nobody ask that question again, y'hear?"
"Okay, hon, just hang tight, stay strong..." -she shuffles her papers awkwardly and thumbs through them, pulling out a small, white slip and reading from it silently before reading it aloud- "Hey Popcorn, when did you first eat some popcorn? Did you like it at first?
-although he's still depressed, Popcorn manages a small smile- I was about two when I found that I liked popcorn. Mama, Ziskosu an' I were goin' to the movies fer the first time ever. I don't quite remember what the movie was called, or what it was about, but I do remember the popcorn. It was light, fluffy, an' buttery. Mama handed me a small bucket o' the stuff an' said, 'See this, Poppy-seed? This is the snack you were named fer!' I tried some an' yes indeed, I loved it. All the way home, I was chanting, 'More popcorn! More popcorn!'" -he laughs, still the slightest hint of a sour twinge in his voice- "An' that is when I first had some popcorn."
"Good, Papi! You're doing great. Now, for the final question: why is your theme song 'Prodigal' by One Republic?
-a somewhat sad look flashes across his face for a brief moment before he starts speaking- U-uhm... well, the song, in a sense, is sort o' like my life story. Golly, I don't kmow how to explain this... Just listen to the song's all I have to say."
-notices his slightly sad look and places a hand on his paw, giving it a gentle squeeze and flashing him a reassuring smile- "Well, folks, it looks like we're out of time! We'll see you tomorrow, on Qui and Popcorn's wedding anniversary, where the fate of this handsome boy will be decided! Will I win, or will Lady Luck frown upon me and give the privilege to someone else? Find out next time on -"
-whacks her in the back of the head- "You idiot, the form's over, and this ain't a reality show, it's a freakin' form for a contest!!!"

anything else; Finished! I may add a story or two if I have time, but other than that, I wish the best of luck to my competitors.

I, prince tsuoubaki, do solemnly swear that I will give Popcorn the loving home he so rightfully deserves. If I or Mordacious (the host[ess] of this contest) feel that Popcorn is being abused or neglected in any way, shape, or form, then I, prince tsuoubski, will return Popcorn to Mordacious in order ror him to find a loving, happy home. I promise to take care of this JBD and spoil him rotten until the day comes that I am unable to care for him anymore. If that day comes, I will give Popcorn to Mordacious (or another artist) once more, so he, again, will be able to find a loving home once more. I swear that I will not let him out of my care for even a minute unless the time comes where it is necessary. I also promise to give him a nice, gentle life where the only 'pain' is in his backstory. He will not rot in my care; if that happens, that will be viewed as neglect, and I or Mordacious will issue a request to take him back so he may find a caring, loving home.
Last edited by Novi on Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:44 am, edited 34 times in total.
Now that the existential crisis has passed, I'm not leaving! Sorry for the momentary scare, folks!
Novi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby boots » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:37 am

Name: Benz
Short Personality:
Favorite season: winter, he likes to stay inside and sip his cocoa
boots

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby slasher // twig » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:40 am

Name:Kernel -wanted something along the lines of popcorn |D -
Short Personality:Quiet, brave, addventerous, funny, and playful
Favorite season: Summer because thats when everyone relaxes and has fun with others and just enjoys the warm or hot weather.
working on my sig!
tidbits! wrote:yo! i'm a huge loner that makes
art constantly. I use any pronouns
and go by twig, slasher,
or w/e u may know me as!
i'm also an art student studying
drawing & painting!
my pms are always open <3
mood: tired, but content
........╔═...........................................═╗
........... >>python dogs
............ >>artshop........
............. >>toyhouse........
............Currently taking usd
............commissions on DA ............
........╚═...........................................═╝
slasher // twig

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me