Re: Mystery Rune Egg

Postby drakeagle » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:10 pm

(good luck everyone!)

Owner Name:
Drakeagle
Name:
Vekolain or Vek for short
Other:
Zorath trudged through the forest on weary feet. It had been a long day and he still had not found the center of the forest. His job and reason for travelling through Darkshroud forest was to work out the where abouts of the center was. there had been tales of strange goings on and Zorath loved a good mystery so he signed up right away. He had walked for several hours now with no sign of the forest's center. He then caught his foot on a strong branch and fell face-first into a pile of mud.Great. he thought picking himself up off the ground.

As he got to his feet Zorath noticed the forest ahead had changed. no longer did trees spread endlessly onward but a clearing could be seen. he had found the center! right in the middle of the clearing was a formation of rocks. five pointed stones surrounded a larger, flatter rock that held an orange object atop it. Something about this place was ominous and made Zorath want to run. But he was an adventurer, fearless and daring, ready for anything! he stepped toward the rocks and touched the nearest one. It was warm as if it had sat in an oven. He pulled his hand back and made his way to the middle stone. Now he could clearly see that the orange object from before was, in fact, an egg. what would an egg be doing out in a clearing? he thought as he moved closer. for some reason Zorath began to feel a connection to the egg, as if it longed to leave this place with him.

After staring at it for a good few minutes he decided. He would take it home. he reached forward and picked up the egg. The wind picked up. Trees began to sway menacingly. It was as if the forest was angry. Zorath rushed from the forest holding the egg close to his heart. It was warm and had a comforting glow. behind him he could hear howls and roars of the local wildlife, joining the cacophony of the forest that wanted him dead. The branches of trees reached out with lashing sticks, trying to cleave off his head. Rolling and ducking Zorath ran. He ran for what felt like days but was actually only a few minutes. finally he emerged from the trees clutching the prize of the forest in his hands. It had been alot of trouble but now he held the Egg of Darkshroud forest and had never felt more alive.
Last edited by drakeagle on Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
check out my youtube page! http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDrakeagle
My DeviantART. Lots of stories!
i live in the UK so i use GMT.

"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am?I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
―Cave Johnson

drakeagle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby OctiP » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:36 pm

Owner Name:
AntelopeShortbread
Name:
May I name it when I see it?
Other:
    How we found the egg
    My fursona was happiliy walking along when she tripped over an egg, she came to me to show it, she planned to eat it. "No" I told her and grabbed it then we came across a wanted sign with the egg on it. We gave it back to Benathorn and now its hear! My and my fursona are trying for it!
OctiP

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maluruloki » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:45 pm

Nah, I feel like someone else should have this Runie. I'll wait. :D Good luck, everyone!!!
Last edited by maluruloki on Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Featured wrote:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

maluruloki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Marmoset » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:51 pm

Oh Bena! Myssttteererrrrrriooouuusss :P

Owner Name:
Marmoset
Name:
Galaxy
Other:
WIP
ON FULL HIATUS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
╔═══════════════════════╗
Image Image Image Image
Used to be Marmoset
<--- Left Sorbet art by Lilelith
JBDs|tumblr|YouTube|dA|Ask.fm
╚═══════════════════════╝
ImageImageImage
Marmoset

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shiko Hayashi » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:00 am

"Absinthe. Strong stuff. Don't let it touch your tongue. It'll knock you on your rear."

-Hugh Jackman, as Van Helsing

Owner Name:
Shiko Hayashi
Name:
Absinthe
Or just Ab, or Sin, for short.

I was really focused on the name when I first saw the egg. Nothing really clicked with me until I remembered the fiery liquor that's often spoken of in slightly older movies. I couldn't help but feel something click. Absinthe. For a fiery heart and a fierce pride. That's what I can imagine growing within that tiny egg.

At first, I debated whether or not I should do female, with the punkish appearance of the egg, but decided a male would be best. Absinthe makes more sense for a male's name than anything.

Personality:
Curious as a CAT
There are times when I really wonder whether Absinthe was a cat in the previous life. With an insane amount of agility, this little bugger seems to get into more trouble than out of it. His curiosity is as strong as anything, and he'll cross the road just to experience what that darn chicken was feeling.
"I yelped with horror as the small rune dragon climbed towards the edge, his curious little eyes focused intently onto a small object below. "ABSINTHE!" I cried, leaping forward to grab him."

Swift as a TIGER
As curious as he may be, Ab is pretty fast. With a gliding like run and a smooth side step from trouble, it's hard to believe that he's still alive. Of course, until you see him run. And boy can this bugger run. After years of trouble constantly butting foreheads with him, he's learned pretty fast that sometimes running is the only option.
"I stared at the glowing screen, a vein throbbing in my forehead. Behind me, the most ungodliest racket could be heard. "Absinthe what are yo-" I turned around and froze, my mouth hanging open. The room, apparently, had needed reorganizing.

Smart as an EAGLE
With a keen eye and a stroke of intelligence, most don't believe that ts little dragon is smart when they first meet him. With a bright, punky attitude and a rough first greeting, I'm not surprised. Once you get to know the little tyke though, you start to realize just how sharp he really is. And he's as sharp as a freaking needle.
I glared down at the puzzle, thumbing my forehead with frustration. Looking up, I smiled at the small rune that blinked back at me. "This is pretty hard." I chuckled sheepishly. Absinthe glanced at the puzzle and shrugged. With that, he proceeded to solve it. I watched, feeling my eyes grow larger and my mouth open wider with each piece that clicked into the set.

Rough as a BEAR
Okay. Admittedly, he's not always the gentlest of Runes. When greeted with a new person, Absinthe will proceed to violently challenge them into a a sort of contest, or brawl. Rarely does he ever win, but he always takes it with ridiculously good grace. When dealing with a lady, he's not exactly a genius either. With his punk attitude, sometimes he comes off a bit too rough and will be labeled off as a rude and sarcastic jerk. But it only takes a few minutes of his better side for you to fall in love with him again.
I watched with amusement as Absinthe glared at his foe. It was mighty indeed. It flapped it's wings threateningly as it drew closer to him, eyeing him with it's beady eye. Absinthe gave the impression of a roar and leaped, tumbling to the ground as the pigeon took flight. I laughed, doubling over and clutching my midsection. "ABSINTHE! The mighty pigeon fighter!" I laughed. He turned and glared at me for a few seconds, before softening up and joining in on the laughter.

Likes/Dislikes
+ Rain, Autumn, Fighting, Puzzles, The sea, humming

When I first took Absinthe to the sea, it was if he had fallen into a dream. His eyes would get wide whenever he saw the ocean, and he squeaked and purred with contentment whenever I let him get close to the massive waves that pounded onto the rocks.

- Fog, Summer, Sore losers, my room arrangements, hip hop songs

I remember the first time I played a hip hop song in my house. I'm pretty sure that radio will never work again.

Why do you want him?

Well... I don't have a rune. I've been lingering around since the Gypsy Rune, but I've never managed to snag one. That's probably one of my main reasons. their just so beautiful. the second reason, is that I don't think I've ever fallen in love with an idea so much. The design is amazing, giving just enough uniqueness that it inspires me greater than anything I've ever looked at before. Words flow to me when I look at that tiny little egg, just waiting to hatch, and I can't help but think that this is the one. The one I'll manage to get and watch as he grows into something magnificent.

Art

Other:
( For Detailed version of story, readhere. Still currently a WIP. )

There were a lot of places I could of been on that fateful day that I would of enjoyed.
Hanging from a cliff was not one of them.
It was hard to believe the situation I was in. Stuck hanging, virtually with nothing to keep me from falling into the frigid waters of Maine other than the small outcropping of rock that my fingers dutifully clung to. All in all, it was a pretty crappy day. It had started off as a small adventure up the rocks, hoping for a good find. Something shiny, maybe. Or a feather. Instead, I had found the edge of a cliff. And fallen off of it. Go figure. I grimaced, tasting bile in the back of my throat. Terror was slowly working it's way up my body, but I held it at bay.

I needed something to focus on. Anything. Looking at anything but the water, my eyes spotted something that so out of place, I momentarily forget I was inches from a watery death. A faint, pulsating purple glow. Frowning, I shifted my weight, swinging like a pendulum as I tried to gain a better view of the object. No dice. I frowned, furrowing my eyebrow. Their had to be a way to get up there. Taking a deep breath, I searched for a foothold. There was one beneath me, but it was slowly getting covered with water. Dangerous, but my only hope of reaching the stair like rocks up to the glow.

Holding my breath, I released and fell down, my foot slipping on the wet stone. Flailing out for the rock, I grabbed onto it and scurried up the stair like rocks, breathing hard as I settled beside something warm, and hard.
Warm?
I blinked and turned to look down at what sat beside me. A large egg, probably the size of a human baby, was nestled within the crook of the outcropping, safely tucked into the darkness. I stared at it in awe, marveling at it's unique design. Of course, this didn't distract me from my immediate problem. How was I going to get out now? Sighing, I placed a hand on the egg, jumping when the glow brightened for a startling instant and I felt an intense yearning for companionship. It was then, that a young, curious voice rang through my head like a tiny bell in the morning air.

"Hey. Who are you? "

Last edited by Shiko Hayashi on Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:27 am, edited 11 times in total.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

S H I K O
H A Y A S H I

this world could rot
die, and kill itself off
but a promise is a promise
and promises should always be kept
dont you think?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

O N / o f f
Shiko Hayashi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Charchar2 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:32 am

Might have to enter. ;-;
I'm traveling til Friday w/ no access to my tablet!

Mostly quitting CS; I'll check messages on occasion but DA or Skype is probably a better place to contact me.
Charchar2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zacherie » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:31 am

Owner Name:
soulBridge.
Name:
Exousia
Exousia wrote:Do you have an objection with my name?! It means powerful, and I suggest you do not DARE mock my name. It shall ring throughout history.

Exousia wrote:Is it not obvious that I am male?

Other:
I didn’t know where I was going to end up. All I knew was that I’d end up somewhere different and unexpected. As I stepped down from the creaky old ship, I took a quick look around, with Iklyn warbling nervously on my shoulder and Wibble looking unimpressed at the surroundings. Mist surrounded the tropical forest, and in the far background, a soft, eerie drumming could be heard. I took a hesitant step forward. Then another step. Then another. Again and again, until the damp floor started to blur and the drumming was trampling my eardrums. Suddenly, I tripped on a nasty old root and tumbled across the ground to land right in front of what seemed like a shrine. Iklyn was encased in one of her magical little bubbles further away, and Wibble was already up and straightening his bowtie.

All of a sudden, the tribesmen surrounded me, poking and prodding me while babbling in some foreign tongue I couldn’t understand. Iklyn and Wibble wiggled their way into my rigid arms and watched in fear as they kept speaking in their strange tongue. All of a sudden, a shout cried from my right, and an old tribesman with a robe of buckskin walked toward me as he explained quietly, in my mother tongue, that there was a prophecy from the olden days, when rune dragons ruled the land. Then, runes of every colour and size and shape roamed the lands, free and content. Then, the tribes came to the lands and practically wiped the island clean of these runes. The runes were used for all kinds of things: pets, clothes, accessories, and mounts. But they all died off with the tribes’ impulsive acts. Then one day, an odd stone appeared in the middle of the very shrine they stood in right now. It glowed and had an aura of mystery, daring everyone to come forth. So, without any sound, the orb was placed on top of the shrine, to wait, as the old prophets said, of the one with the rune dragons, one of the sea and one of darkness.

The old man guided me up toward the dark orb, the one that had haunted the tribes since the day it appeared. Iklyn scrambled up in front of me toward the egg and put her ear to the orb. A little yelp escaped from her mouth, and she motioned me and Wibble to come up as well. She encased the orb in her little bubble, chirping quietly, as if she was asking the orb something. The orb pulsated, like as if it was living and breathing. Wibble, apparently irritated at the whole scene, shoved Iklyn aside and attempted to put the orb through a twisted nightmare. Wibble seemed to be demanding the orb of something, judging from the scowl he wore while casting the nightmare. Slowly, a low rumble sounded, and suddenly a loud, booming voice screeched in our minds. DO NOT DEMAND ANYTHING FROM ME, IMPRUDENT YOUNG RUNE. I AM EXOUSIA, THE POWERFUL. THE TRIBES HAVE ERADICATED THE RUNES OF THIS ISLAND, AND I HAVE SERVED AS A WARNING, A MESSAGE. YOU, RUNE BEARER, ARE THE DELIVERER OF THE MESSAGE I SHALL PROVIDE. WHEN YOU TAKE ME INTO YOUR HEART, YOUR SOUL, I SHALL PRESENT MY LIVING FORM TO YOU AND THE PESKY TRIBES. DO YOU ACCEPT? With a blink and a tiny nod, I took the egg into my hands as it radiated pure energy, pure power.

lol, just a comic of the scene where Iklyn and Wibble attempt to communicate with the egg:

(Very vague, I know xD)
Last edited by zacherie on Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImageImage
zacherie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jazz0109 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:46 am

center]
Owner Name:
(Jazz0109)
Name:
(Dark Magic)
Other:
(Write a small story of how you found this egg.)[/center]

Dear diary, here is my story of halloween night, Rember pink is for my thoughts, Pencial is for the stroy:

"Come on Rani you baby!" Mark my older loser brother teased.
All from that one line i got pushed into this....
My story starts on halloween night. i know, i know most stories start like this...
I had to be walking right where i crossed paths with my older brother. He is soooo annoying, anyways... He was with his friends, they were dressed as super heros. So i had to say "Saving the world OR Saving your candy for me?" Then i had to smirk.
He and his friends got a devious smile on ther faces. Which is NEVER good news for me.... "If you go into the cemitary and sleep there for one night and no light i will give you ALL my candy" he says. Candy? good right? I argued and sighed but then he had to call me a baby. i REALLY hate that!
So i caved in, then thats how i got stuck in graveyard with a bunch of dead people. I paceed around for a long time. I herad a owl shriek in fright. I spin around and see a large pair of wings fly away. I run over to where it was. There in a tiny hole was a pink glowing light. I smiled and picked it up. It should be safe right?
Diary, it is past halloween night right? yea it is so my story contnuies....
How i got my egg home:
Now that i found the egg i tucked it in my pumkin. It barly fit. I had no clue where i was going but soon i got home. "rap what will i tell mom?" i think quick. i run up the stairs into my room. I hide the egg in my closet. "Ha you baby, new you cloudnt do it" Mark smirked. "I have gotten something WAY better then candy" i went back into my room locking the door.
Diary, right now my presious egg is in the closet.... But tommorrow it may hatch. I will update you every day on how it is!
Your writer,
Emma
Last edited by Jazz0109 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jazz0109

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SukarettoYanagi » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:55 am

Owner Name:
~Willow
Name:
Candid
Other:
It was almost midnight as turned off the main street and onto a side ally. It was dark, but not dark enough to hide the outline of a rune.
"Jiwa, I know it's you." I took a step closer and a blood red glow appeared, closely followed by the flutter of wings and a soft tough of whispy flight feather on my face. "Thats a good girl." I smiled at my rune as she nuzzled her soft head under my chin. I turned, leaving the ally, Jiwa on my shoulder. We briskly made our way to the city's edge. A foresty area was infront of us, and we knew no one could tell us what to do here. An eeri fog surrounded the forest, but we felt no fear. Besides, something felt like it was calling me to walk forward into the murky fog, and soon we were swallowed by the murk.

"This is so strange Jiwa. I've seen fog before, but it usually is all the way through. This was only on the exterior." I wondered, my tone a tad flat. My Lost Soul Rune looked at me and nodded brefly before talking flight through the trees. "Jiwa! Wait for me!" I yelled after her, slipping off my socks so I could gain more ground quickly. There were a lot of trees to go around and even more low branches to duck under. "Jiwa! Where are you?" I yelled, scared for her safety. I trailed onward, losing momentum with every step. Soon enough, I had to stop to catch my breath. My sides burned and so did my lungs lungs. A glint of blood red appreared through the gloom, the fog had been following us. "Jiwa?" I stepped forward, it was quickly followed with a cut off scream as I plumited down the side of a steep incline. I meet the bottom with a stail thud, for I landed on my feet luckily. I ignored the hurt in my right leg and continued on, Jiwa leading me some place.

I peered through the thickness at something that seemed to be glowing purple, "What is it Jiwa?" I asked my rune. She didn not respond, instead she flew up to the thing and curled around it. I took four steps closer to the myterious thing and gasped, dropping to my knees. "Is this what you wanted me to find Jiwa?" I gasped, running my hand over the smooth surface of the egg. As I did so, it glowed even brighter as the fog closed in around us. Jiwa fluttered back to my shoulder as I lifted up the egg. "This is heavier than I thought." I half laugh half grunted as I managed to lift the, what felt like a ton, egg.
Last edited by SukarettoYanagi on Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

6/10/13
My cat died in my arms.
Rest in peace, baby girl.

The World
Moonrats

When the dead have something to say,
not even time can shut them up.

Sometimes good things fall apart
so better things can fall together.
-Merilyn Monroe
SukarettoYanagi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Soul~ » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:03 am

Owner Name:
Soul
Name:
Absinthe
NickName:
Syn
Other:

Why I wish to have the first Mystery Egg

I think other people have good reasons just like the next. I am not adding thinking it will help my chances but to simply give me some peace of mind that i may have added enough to my form for I feel as if its bear and needed something. You may continued to read on to my see why i wish to have the privilege of raising this fantastic egg. I think it would be great to add a new member to my rune family. Though we are already a proud rune family of five including me and ra, I think a new member would be nice. I rather don't wish to get my hopes up knowing that there are many awesome and creative stores out there and if there was no limit i would have went into detail about Ra's first summoner as such. I would love to experience and enjoy a new life and all the wonders this egg may have in store. I would also like to congratulate the winner ahead of time, for they are really truly lucky to have this egg, rather it be me or not to love and care for him/her I'm sure this egg will have a lovely home.

The Painting
I couldn't tell you honestly if this was a dream or reality at first. The room was foggy as if I where in a daze, A green airy smoke had crowded my mind. But yet a voice as clear as glass continued to ring though my ears, Absinthe...Absinthe...the voice first quiet and soft seem to be growing louder as I walked closer to the painting of abstract thoughts and colors under a faded blue light. It was as if the painting where calling to me or had some secret it wanted to show me, with an outstretched arm I touched the painting and everything around me faded to black and then a sensation ran though me, I was falling.But falling to where or when was a question that was screaming though out my body, then everything was still and all I could see where mirrors.

It soon began to rain in this strange place as soft music, a guitar played along with the drips of water and the soft sound of thunder as if to calm me. Violins soon came in as I walked along the mirrors, showing me something different and new as if to show my loved one and dreams. A flute soon chimed into the sad song that seem to come from now where and the rain continued to fall down, where was i to go I thought and soon i spotted an owl sitting on one of the mirrors, spread its wings before flying past me and the mirror and I began to follow. The song seem to follow me as I pushed past the mirrors that soon vanished once i was gone and made i contact with the owl. The owl with shimmery silver and white wings hooted once and flow deeper into what looked like to be a forest of pink and yellow leaves and rich blue grass. That was when we came to a crystal pound that seem to shimmer any color that it had reflected and the green mist soon raised once more.

I looked once back to the owl that was sitting in one of the near by trees, it had hooted at me again and flapped its wings then with no further hesitations i walked forward and slowly steeped into the pound. The cool water was now up to my knees as my white nightgown floated about me, the name was now ringing in my ear Absinthe almost edgar sounding and I open my arms as if to expect someone. There in the mist was a glowing purple egg with orange marking that appeared floating before me, I couldn't help but step closer to it and with one slow movement i picked the egg up and wrapped him up in my arms. Everything faded to black once more, the rain and music had faded too, all was left behind but me and Absinthe and then the heat rushed in. I woke up in a daze, knowing i was in my room and figured that i had yet to break my fever yet something was different. Lifting the covers to revile the purple glowing egg with the orange marking, but to this day I have yet been able to figure out if it was real or a dream.

Art!

Coming soon
Last edited by ~Soul~ on Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:55 am, edited 19 times in total.
𝕃 𝕠 𝕤 𝕥 ~ 𝕚 𝕟 ~ ℙ 𝕒 𝕣 𝕒 𝕕 𝕚 𝕤 𝕖
VOK ~ Healani Pride ~

𝔸𝕝𝕨𝕒𝕪𝕤 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕎𝕒𝕧𝕖
~Soul~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me