Range Trotter #STF046 by coaliev

Based on Click to view
Artist coaliev [gallery]
Time spent 18 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Range Trotter #STF046

Postby coaliev » Fri May 17, 2024 11:28 pm

Range Trotters are the result of crossbreeding Orlov Trotters, Finnhorses, Welsh Cobs (section C & D) and Hanoverians. Later crosses of Quarter Horses, Paint and Appaloosas to gain color and to give a boost to their hardiness.With a height average of 13-15 hands, they're a hardy breed with characteristics for various disciplines.

Created for use as work, carriage and leisure riding horses originally, they now serve as long-distance range horses, such as work with Park Rangers and mounted officers.

Willing and eager personalities, most are quickly trained to be bombproof and therefore trusted mounts in all lines of work; some are being seen in local show jumping competitions, others are notably used in therapeutic sessions for their calm temperaments. Harness races and endurance trials are common for the breed, as they are able to sustain an extended trot without tire. Cross-Country competitions see some of the taller Trotters, but due to their cob lineage this is still uncommon.

Despite the variety of competitions and work these horses are being seen in, they are still famously skilled as endurance racers. Many competitors have chosen Range Trotters due to their tireless work ethic, as well as the ease in which they can be trained. Many have become champions in endurance trials, and they have quickly become a sought after breed for their natural ability.

Username: ♥ mizu
    Show Name: windin' the sails
    Barn Name: skai

Height: 15.0hh
    Eye Color: Ambitious Rose
    Phenotype: Sunfaded Black Yellow Edged Hooded Tobiano
    Genotype: Ee aa YeYe HtoHto

- will always pass yellow edged [Ye] & hooded tobiano [Hto]
      - mane, tail and fins pass at artist's discretion
Last edited by coaliev on Fri May 24, 2024 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coaliev

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Range Trotter #STF046

Postby Spiritstar3 » Sat May 18, 2024 11:57 am

Username:
Spiritstar3
Show Name:
Wind in the Willows
Barn Name:
Jenn
Height:
15.3 hands
Halter Color:
dark Magenta
Prompt:
To my love, Savannah
I will see you soon.
Signed
Morris

It belongs to a man named Morris. These are the people who love Jenn. These are the people she lived with. She can't believe she found their bottle. She's ready to go back home. I'll take her back to them. She deserves to be with them. She's told me they love her a lot.

(for the sake of this story, they live next door to Windfall Ranch. So if I win her, she'll still be under Windfall Ranch)
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♥ mizu » Mon May 20, 2024 2:11 pm

Username: ♥ mizu
Height: 15hh
Halter Color: fin colour
Prompt: skai noses the bottle, snorting when she recognises the scent. you open the bottle. inside, a picture is scribbled onto a piece of loose newspaper with two distinct art styles:
it's missing the corner, but it seems to say something like "-U AND SKAI" - again, in two different writing styles. realising what it is, skai shrieks excitedly. it's a picture that her and her fillyhood best friend, terra, made when they sealed their friendship pact. in fact, the misspelling is the reason why skai spells her name the way she does. she'd always been addressed as "sky" by her mother, but had never seen it written down and so this was the first time it was ever put to paper.

the little piece of the top missing is a mystery to skai. little does she know, terra had ripped a little chunk off before the two cast it into the ocean together.
♥ mizu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fruitbat » Tue May 21, 2024 9:38 pm

Username: fruitbat
Show Name: Life In Bloom
Barn Name:[/b Rosella
[b]Gender:
Mare
Height: 14hh
Halter Color: Artist choice <3
Prompt: The bottle actually contains two pieces of paper, one tightly wrapped around the other. Rosella undoes the first layer, reading "Handle with care". She cocks her head, curious to know what could be written on the other. As per instructions, Rosella carefully reveals the second note:
    "Dear reader,
    Whoever you may be, you are important. You are loved, cherished, and deserve every good thing that come your way.
    You are strong and capable, worthy of pursuing anything you want in life. never give up, stranger, for the world is better with you in it.
    Much love"

Rosella smiles. Unexpected, but exactly what she needed. You can now see the letter pinned up in her stables, adored every day.
fruitbat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby coaliev » Fri May 24, 2024 9:32 pm

♥ mizu wrote:Username: ♥ mizu