Range Trotter STF#027 by Pandora!

Based on Click to view
Artist Pandora! [gallery]
Time spent 41 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Range Trotter STF#027

Postby Pandora! » Mon May 13, 2024 12:02 pm

Range Trotters are the result of crossbreeding Orlov Trotters, Finnhorses, Welsh Cobs (section C & D) and Hanoverians. Later crosses of Quarter Horses, Paint and Appaloosas to gain color and to give a boost to their hardiness.With a height average of 13-15 hands, they're a hardy breed with characteristics for various disciplines.

Created for use as work, carriage and leisure riding horses originally, they now serve as long-distance range horses, such as work with Park Rangers and mounted officers.

Willing and eager personalities, most are quickly trained to be bombproof and therefore trusted mounts in all lines of work; some are being seen in local show jumping competitions, others are notably used in therapeutic sessions for their calm temperaments. Harness races and endurance trials are common for the breed, as they are able to sustain an extended trot without tire. Cross-Country competitions see some of the taller Trotters, but due to their cob lineage this is still uncommon.

Despite the variety of competitions and work these horses are being seen in, they are still famously skilled as endurance racers. Many competitors have chosen Range Trotters due to their tireless work ethic, as well as the ease in which they can be trained. Many have become champions in endurance trials, and they have quickly become a sought after breed for their natural ability.

Which real life pirate captain does this trotter look up to and why?
End Date: Friday, May 17th @ CS rollover

Username: Spiritstar3
    Show Name: WR A Pirate's Queen
    Barn Name: Pyra

Height: 15.2hh
    Eye Color: Kelp Shake
    Phenotype: Classic Cream Champagne Spinner Grey Minimal Splash Epaulette Shark Varnish Appaloosa
    Genotype: Ee aa Crcr ChCh Gg Splspl Lplp +Epaulette
Last edited by Pandora! on Tue May 21, 2024 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
▐▌

Pandora!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Range Trotter STF#027

Postby Spiritstar3 » Mon May 13, 2024 2:09 pm

Username:
Spiritstar3
Show Name:
WR A Pirate's Queen
Barn Name:
Pyra
Height:
15.2 hands
Halter Type/Color:
Pearl
Pink and dark red
Prompt:
The pirate she looks up to the most is Shi Yang, later names Zheng Yi Sao. She admires her because the woman took over after her husband's death. She was the unofficial commander
of the Guangdong Pirate Confederation. Her fleet was composed of 400 junks and between 40,000 and 60,000 pirates in 1805.
In 1810, Zheng Yi Sao negotiated a surrender to the Qing authorities that allowed her and Zhang Bao to retain a substantial fleet and avoid prosecution. At the time of her surrender, she personally commanded 24 ships and over 1,400 pirates. She died in 1844 at the age of about 68, having lived a relatively peaceful and prosperous life since the end of her career in piracy. Zheng Yi Sao has been described as not only history's most successful female pirate, but one of the most successful pirates in history.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kijauni » Thu May 16, 2024 1:19 am

Username: kijauni
Show Name: VEO's Save My Crew
Barn Name: Störtebeker
Height: 14 hh
Halter Type/Color: Ship Rigging
Prompt: Störtebeker is more a myth then a real person. His urban legend is based on a real existing captain but even whom of the three captains by that name at the time is not 100% sure.
I however remember this story quite fondly as it was often told to me on vacations at the ocean and it is one of the biggest urban legends in Germany about Pirates, I'd say.
Störtebekers life story is not overly entertaining, he was an ordinary mediocre successfull Pirate. His life story becomes interesting AFTER it ended.
The Urban myth surrounding him tells us that he got captured and put on trial. He then got sentenced to death trough decapitation alongside his whole crew of 73 men. Störtebeker however, been seen as some kind of Robin Hood Character at times, negotiated a deal for his Crew.
He arranged them to be put in a line next to his uh... block of chop and all men which he manages to pass after his head has fallen will be free man and not decapitated.
Story has it that he managed to pass 11 or 12 men before the hangman tripped his body. The 11/12 saved Crewmember where however still hanged.

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆

She/Her ◆ Member since 2010 ◆ IRL Busy
Dreaming off a full Pet + Item Collection
Pet WL before Hiatus: 12 pages; Pet WL after Hiatus: 46 pages
Item WL before Hiatus: 3 pages; Item WL after Hiatus: 10 pages
Find Me On ➸ LorWolf ➸ FRPfQ ➸ WD ➸ LD ➸ DV

Trade ThreadCollection ThreadOffsite Thread©

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆
kijauni

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Phönixfeder2000 » Fri May 17, 2024 6:55 pm

Username: Phönixfeder2000
Show Name: MR Sail To Shore
Barn Name: Sparrow
Height: 16hh
Halter Type/Color: Ship Rigging
Prompt: His favorite pirate? Oh boy, Sparrow prepared for this answer his whole life! Obviously, the best, coolest pirate of all time is Captain Jack Sparrow! He even chose his Nickname to connect to his idol. What do you mean, Captain Jack is not real... Of course he is, he heard so many stories about him sailing the great "television seas"! Oh well, his second favorite pirate is Blackbeard. He was a very scary pirate who captured a french slave ship in 1717 and put 40! guns on it, making it a very deadly pirate ship. He then blocked a port in South Carolina and demanded a chest full of medicine. He died a few months later in a battle with the British navy, but legends say he tanked a whole 20 stabs and multiple gunshots before dying!
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━"𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒅 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒒𝒖𝒊𝒆𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒔𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒆𝒎𝒑𝒕𝒚."━━━━━━━━━━━

Phönixfeder2000

Drawing, Anime, Music, Pokemon,
Gaming, Vampire Diaries <3

Sad Soul

━━━━━━━━━━━━“𝑰 𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝑰 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒂𝒑𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒊𝒛𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒐𝒘. 𝑩𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒐𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒐𝒘… 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒄𝒂𝒎𝒆.”━━━━━━

Treats given: 83
Tricks given: 15
Phönixfeder2000

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pandora! » Tue May 21, 2024 9:02 am

Spiritstar3 wrote:Username:
Spiritstar3
Show Name:
WR A Pirate's Queen
Barn Name:
Pyra
Height:
15.2 hands
Halter Type/Color:
Pearl
Pink and dark red
Prompt:
The pirate she looks up to the most is Shi Yang, later names Zheng Yi Sao. She admires her because the woman took over after her husband's death. She was the unofficial commander
of the Guangdong Pirate Confederation. Her fleet was composed of 400 junks and between 40,000 and 60,000 pirates in 1805.
In 1810, Zheng Yi Sao negotiated a surrender to the Qing authorities that allowed her and Zhang Bao to retain a substantial fleet and avoid prosecution. At the time of her surrender, she personally commanded 24 ships and over 1,400 pirates. She died in 1844 at the age of about 68, having lived a relatively peaceful and prosperous life since the end of her career in piracy. Zheng Yi Sao has been described as not only history's most successful female pirate, but one of the most successful pirates in history.

congrats! ♡ updating the halter for you now...
▐▌

Pandora!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Tue May 21, 2024 9:36 am

Pandora! wrote:
Spiritstar3 wrote:Username:
Spiritstar3
Show Name:
WR A Pirate's Queen
Barn Name:
Pyra
Height:
15.2 hands
Halter Type/Color:
Pearl
Pink and dark red
Prompt:

congrats! ♡ updating the halter for you now...

Ooo, thank you
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me