Range Trotter #3075 by Autosarcophagy

Based on Click to view
Artist Autosarcophagy [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 30 minutes
Drawing sessions 8
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Range Trotter #3075

Postby Autosarcophagy » Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:56 pm

Range Trotters are the result of crossbreeding Orlov Trotters, Finnhorses, Welsh Cobs (section C & D) and Hanoverians. Later crosses of Quarter Horses, Paint and Appaloosas to gain color and to give a boost to their hardiness.With a height average of 13-15 hands, they're a hardy breed with characteristics for various disciplines.

Created for use as work, carriage and leisure riding horses originally, they now serve as long-distance range horses, such as work with Park Rangers and mounted officers.

Willing and eager personalities, most are quickly trained to be bombproof and therefore trusted mounts in all lines of work; some are being seen in local show jumping competitions, others are notably used in therapeutic sessions for their calm temperaments. Harness races and endurance trials are common for the breed, as they are able to sustain an extended trot without tire. Cross-Country competitions see some of the taller Trotters, but due to their cob lineage this is still uncommon.

Despite the variety of competitions and work these horses are being seen in, they are still famously skilled as endurance racers. Many competitors have chosen Range Trotters due to their tireless work ethic, as well as the ease in which they can be trained. Many have become champions in endurance trials, and they have quickly become a sought after breed for their natural ability.

Based on the Mafioso role from the Town of Salem game, tell me a bit about this trotter's personality and/or backstory for a chance to win them!
End Date: January 27th

Username: Embergleam
Show Name: RRS Eclipse on a Dark Dawn
Barn Name: Eclipse

Height: 13.3 hh
Eye Color: Control Immunity
Phenotype: Black Sooty Spice Jaguar Roaned White Minimal Splash
Genotype: Ee aa/Stysty/SpcSpc/Jgjg/Rwrw/SplSpl
- Will always pass Spice
- Will always pass Splash
- Hoof paint and accessories will not pass

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Show Name:[/b]
[b]Barn Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Halter Color:[/b]
[b]Prompt:[/b]

Last edited by Autosarcophagy on Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dirk ↦ It/He ↦ "Memento Mori 000:00:00:00" ↦ ©

"Between the velvet lies
There's a truth that's hard as steel
The vision never dies
Life's a never ending wheel."
Autosarcophagy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Range Trotter #3075

Postby wolfhaunt » Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:03 pm

Username: wolfhaunt
Show Name: WH Shut Your Eyes, Trust In Me
Barn Name: Lilith
Height: 15hh
Halter Color: Hoof paint color or black; or maybe black with small red flowers?
Prompt:

Traits --

Vain - deeply proud of her lustrous coat, dislikes dirt and rain, loves being brushed, carries herself like the queen she believes she is

Charming - can be manipulative when she wants something from you, poses for photographs, acts sweet to get out of trouble, "me? nooo... I would never do that"

Envious - attention seeker, can't stand when other trotters are getting more attention than her, she will immediately covet something if she sees someone enjoying it too much, "I don't like your feed, but I also don't like how much you're enjoying it so... mine"

Dramatic - takes everything personally, "OUCH you hurt me" "... I'm 10 feet away from you", acts like the world is ending whenever the farrier/vet visits, always thinks there's something medically wrong with her ("I can't see out of my eye!" "that's because it's closed")

GET HAUNTED!

hi I'm haunt!
feel free to pm me if you share any interests of mine!

please send me trades -- I have almost 1k doubles/extras!

xxxxxxxxxxx©
wolfhaunt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby literal.swag. » Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:04 pm

Username: literal.swag.
Show Name: ABs Mistress of the Erinyes
Barn Name: Persephone
Height: 13hh
Halter Color: deep red or pink w/ ivy vines if possible!
Prompt: this mare appears very docile and maternal but she has quite the bit of spice to her! she is as people and other horses perceive her, she loves to help and give to others just out of the kindness of her heart. she carries herself with poise and grace and is extremely considerate and compassionate for others, but her backbone is made of steel. she is the furthest thing from a pushover and will standup for herself and opinions to a fault. she has a very strong sense of what is wrong and what is right and will rarely stray from them, and will try to educate others if she views their views as harmful or wrong. she does not judge others and will welcome everyone for who they are with open arms. she loves easy and deeply, and feels her emotions strongly.
Last edited by literal.swag. on Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

ᵕ̈ court || she/her || adult || adhd ridden ᵕ̈

hey y'all, just here to have fun! ♡
    please bare with me on trades!!
    toyhouse | cs storage

♡umas | the backseat lovers | crochet♡

current goals: collecting all dragons/dinosaurs!
literal.swag.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Embergleam » Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:56 pm

Username: Embergleam
Halter Color: Artist's choice
Prompt:
Eclipse's original owners are fond of saying he was born under a star of ill omen.

No one's quite sure whether they mean that literally, metaphorically, or both.

Born during a lunar eclipse- the inspiration for his admittedly high-flown name- the richly-marked colt's beginning was auspicious enough. His pedigree was jam-packed with champions on both sides of the family tree. His father had made quite the splash at Le Lion-d'Angers some years previous. His mother was as famed for her 'pocket pony' personality as she was for her impeccable competition record. Hopes were high that their foal would capture hearts and trophies alike.

Those hopes were dashed almost immediately. Eclipse, as he was swiftly named, fell ill mere hours after his birth. Vets diagnosed him with aspirational pneumonia. It took him weeks to conquer the resulting infection, and months to catch up to his agemates in size.

Through it all he stayed as sweet and loving as his dam- a fact that gave his beleaguered owners some small modicum of hope.

For a time that star hid its baleful light. While never as hale or as hearty as his herdmates, Eclipse nevertheless grew into the lanky promise of his youth. At age four he was started under saddle, and soon proved himself a worthy inheritor of his parents' illustrious legacy. Half-halts, lengthenings, extensions, and all the other minutiae of dressage came to Eclipse as naturally as breathing. Paired with his sweet temperament and Range Trotter-standard eagerness to please, he seemed everything his breeders had hoped he would be.

Bad luck struck on the eve of Eclipse's first ranked competition. Some time during the night an electrical short sparked a fire in the facility's feed room. Quick action (and a healthy dose of luck) saved the horses, but there was no salvaging the stable itself. Faced with massive debt and trauma of their own, Eclipse's breeders made the heartbreaking decision to sell off their youngstock, Eclipse among them. Better, they said, to focus on the horses they already had in competition than try to bring up a new competitor from scratch.

His next owners- family friends of his breeders, and noted dressage competitors in their own right- shrugged off such misfortune as just that. Barn fires were tragic, but they were hardly unheard-of, and one farm's misfortune was their lucky break. Eclipse went back into active training with a new rider and trainer.

They reconsidered their stance somewhat when said rider wound up hospitalized following a bad fall off a different horse. Eclipse hadn't been involved, but with the barn fire so fresh in everyone's mind, no one wanted to risk another disaster. Off he went again to a third owner, who successfully competed with him up to the mid-levels of their discipline.

Strike three was more insidious: digital flexor tendon issues reared their ugly head, forcing Eclipse out of the ring for long periods at a stretch. For an equine athlete trying to rise through the ranks, such a diagnosis verged on career-ending. His owners grit their teeth and carried on, not yet willing to give up on their rising star. Put back into work, Eclipse tried again- and found shows cancelled over and over again. Everything from bad footing to washed-out roads and, in one memorable occasion, a landslide hours before a competition kept him out of the dressage ring.

Once is bad luck, twice is happenstance, anything more is a pattern. Eclipse's third set of owners bowed to the inevitable and 'made him someone else's problem'.

And so it went, on and on for years. Some brave soul would buy the jaguar-spotted stallion and try their luck. Sooner or later some catastrophic misfortune would befall them. Primed as they were with tales of Eclipse's status as a 'bad luck horse', they inevitably found a way to blame him. Then he was sent off to the sale barn all over again to begin the cycle anew.

The final blow came at the height of Eclipse's competitive career. Bad reputation and intermittent health issues aside, he'd managed to scrabble up the rankings enough to attract the attention of an Olympic medalist rider. Hopes were high that this time, just this once, he'd finally escape the black cloud that followed him.

Three days before he was set to jet off across the world a scandal erupted in his stable. Eclipse's rider had been caught laying the groundwork for future bribes. His reputation in tatters, the disgraced ex-Olympian withdrew his entry. No other rider on the American team would touch Eclipse with a ten-foot pole. His trip overseas was cancelled just before it began.

Eclipse's latest set of owners chose a different path than their predecessors. Rather than trying to recoup their losses, they contacted friends. Raven Ridge had proven themselves remarkably resilient in the past. Perhaps they could handle a hurricane of bad luck in horse form? The stable's owners talked it over and, perhaps pitying a horse who'd turned into a reluctant nomad, decided to take him in.

Eclipse arrived at Raven Ridge with no expectations of competitive excellence and no money changing hands. His job, as the stable owners termed it, was simply to be a horse.

That small change has apparently made all the difference.

In the years since Eclipse's 'promotion to hay burner', not one misfortune has befallen him or Raven Ridge. His few excursions to local shows have all ended unremarkably. For once in his life, absolutely nothing has shaken up his routine. He's free to simply be, and he's enjoying every second of it.

And if his owner still braids white hydrangeas into his tail, well, they are considered symbols of good fortune and innocence. What better lucky charm for a horse with a good heart and the world's worst luck?
Be the nonsense you wish to see in the world.
He/him| Image | ADHD
Raven Ridge Stables
Embergleam

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baobabel » Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:40 am

Username: Baobabel
Show Name: Doing What's Necessary
Barn Name: Mafi
Height: 14
Halter Color: flower color
Prompt:
Most are distracted by her good looks and don't recognize the hunter within.
Mafi grew up in a wild herd that was harsher than most. Her father, the stallion, had high expectations and as Mafi's skills improved, he started using her to help keep the growing herd in line. Mafi originally loved and craved the attention and respect from for sire. Not realizing until it was too late that she was isolated from the rest of the herd. She saw their fear whenever she walked too close. She grew lonelier, more bitter, and more focused on her father's orders. One spring, the herd was rounded up, separated, and shipped off to be adopted.
Reinforced by habit and fear, Mafi was aggressive and harsh, and refused to listen to the human. The human responded with giving her space, time, and compassion. All three were new things to Mafi. Then one night an interaction was forced. The was a fire in the barn and Mafi was trapped. Through the flames and smoke she saw her human coming in to let her loose. Again, out of fear and habit, she lashed out. But the human kept coming and worked until she got the horse loose. As Mafi ran out of the barn, she hesitated. Shocked that this thing would risk her life for her. Something shifted and she found newfound respect and love for the human. Mafi is now fully dedicated to her human. She can now relax and embrace her softer side. But she would not hesitate to do anything her human needed or asked of her.
Baobabel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Autosarcophagy » Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:54 am

Embergleam wrote:Username: Embergleam
Halter Color: Artist's choice
Prompt:
Eclipse's original owners are fond of saying he was born under a star of ill omen.

No one's quite sure whether they mean that literally, metaphorically, or both.

Congratulations!!
HMs to wolfhaunt, literal.swag. and Baobabel! All of these entries were amazing and I had a lot of fun reading them!
Dirk ↦ It/He ↦ "Memento Mori 000:00:00:00" ↦ ©

"Between the velvet lies
There's a truth that's hard as steel
The vision never dies
Life's a never ending wheel."
Autosarcophagy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Embergleam » Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:02 pm

Thank you so much, Sarco! ;.; I had a blast writing this guy's entry, I'm so glad you enjoyed it!
He/him| Image | ADHD
Raven Ridge Stables
Embergleam

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Embergleam » Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:36 am

This trotter is a Champion dressage horse!
They will receive the following benefits:
• +1 Breeding Slot
• +3% to Twin Rate

They are also eligible for a makeover, and can now compete in cutting to aim for another championship!
He/him| Image | ADHD
Raven Ridge Stables
Embergleam

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me